A Thug's Blessing

By ire_goldie

Everyone's past finds their future. More

Nice To Meet You
Gettin' It
Night Out
All For Blu
Two For One
Tattooed Heart
Plus One
Welcome To My House
Look What You Made Me Do
Laying Down The Law
Wrong Kid
In The Arms Of The One Who Loves You
Mama Knows Love
Family Ties
Again
Paranoia
You Bring Out The Best In Me
I Forgive You, Again
Emotions
Bad Side
Ten Little Fingers, Ten Little Toes
Need You Bad
Schemes
I'll Kill You
Issa Party
Heal Me
Sky Cry
Blue Lives
For You
For The Love Of Blu
Harm's Way
Oh Baby
23 Candles
Closer To The Truth
Feeling Blu

Meals & Deals

19.3K 647 192
By ire_goldie

Blessen
"I'll get it." Onyx said from downstairs as I fixed my hair. I figured it would be Blu since church would be starting soon and her dad now told me that he was on his way to drop her a while ago. I also hoped that her dad would have her dressed and ready since we should be leaving the house soon.

I heard commotion downstairs before Onyx and Blessen entered my room and my baby looked a mess. Still in her pajamas and hair all over the place.

"Mommy!" She exclaimed as I took her from Onyx.

"Hi, mommy's tuu! I missed you so much mama." I said as she rubbed her nose against my own.

"I miss you big big." She said stretching her arms out as I laughed.

"Let's get you ready." I said before taking her into the bathroom and brushing her teeth and washing her face. I began to dress her and fix her hair. Once we were done I snapped a couple pictures of her before we exited the house with Onyx along with us. It was always hard to get her to take a decent picture.

"You okay sis?" Onyx asked once we entered the car after strapping Blu in her car seat.

"I'm fine." I said smiling at her. I was a little shaken up last night but I was fine. She rubbed my hand as we pulled up to the church. It was packed as usual but I was shocked to see Carter and his two kids along with Banks standing outside the church. "Onyx!"

"Hey, I invited Carter and his kids. Banks must have wanted to see you." She shrugged as I rolled my eyes before parking. I straightened out my blouse and fitted skirt before getting Blu out of her car seat.

"Mommy, that looks like my friend." She smiled as I nodded.

"Yeah, that's him." I smiled as I looked over at him to see him watching us. He had a big smile on his face.

"Hey boo." Onyx said to Carter as we followed behind her. His kids were so beautiful. His son, Cyan was six and his daughter, Cali was four. They had his eyes and skin color.

"Hey Onyx!" Cali squealed as she jumped into Onyx's arms. I smiled looking over at them. Onyx looked like she belonged with them.

"Hey, friend I missed you!" She said jumping out of my arms. It shocked me because no matter how much Blu likes someone she never leaves my arms for them.

Banks took her into his arms as she talked his head off. I smiled looking at the two interact.

"You good?" He asked snapping me from my thoughts as I looked at the concern in his face.

"I'm fine. You look nice." I complimented seeing him more dressed up than usual. He wore Gucci from head to toe and I admired his taste.

"This old thang." He teased as I rolled my eyes playfully. Blu whispered in his ear as I frowned. Her and Banks were becoming the best of friends. "You look beautiful as usual."

I blushed as Onyx called us to go inside because church was starting. I followed behind her as she found an empty pew for us all to sit in. Carter on one end and Banks on the other. Blu crawled into my lap as Banks frowned.

"Word? You dissing me for your mommy?" He played hurt as she shook her head no. She immediately got out of my lap and squished her small self in between us.

"Now you both can share me." She smiled big before sitting in between us and locking one arm in with me and the other with Banks.

Church began and Pastor Katy spoke a powerful message about forgiveness. Forgiving someone was always the hardest thing to do but it was better for you to forgive for your own sake rather than the other person. I had forgiven Ayden a long time ago for all that he put me through, if I hadn't I would still be a miserable bitch.

I got up clapping to some of the songs along with Blu who made Banks get up as well to join us and the fact that he did made me smile.

I caught him taking glances at me and I even stole a couple glances at him and he caught me as well.

I blushed looking the other way still indulging in the beautiful voices of the choir.

Soon, church was coming to an end as they passed a basket around for us to place our tides and offerings. When it came to us, Banks stopped me from putting my own money in the basket before placing a stack of money in.

"Banks, you don't have to put that much money in." I whispered loud enough for him to hear as he shrugged.

I laughed a little as we said our final prayers before the service ended. Banks and Blu walked out ahead of me as I frowned.

"Carter, your brother is stealing my baby." I whined as he laughed.

"Mines too." He said as we made it outside to see Blu and Cali harassing Banks. You could tell that he loved it though.

"Y'all coming over for dinner?" Onyx asked Carter while eyeing me to see what I'd say. I had no problem with it. I always cooked too much food anyway.

"The more the merrier." I shrugged with a smile.

"Good, cause I'm hungry and my moms don't cook no more." He laughed. "I'll head home first to change into something comfier."

"Okay." I smiled walking over to Banks grabbing his attention. He looked me up and down as I smiled. "Come on give me my baby."

I grabbed Blu into my arms as she giggled.

"Five more minutes mommy." She cheesed in my face.

"Blu, I need to start cooking we're having company."

"Can my friends please come?" She said referring to Cali and Banks.

"If they want to." I said as Banks nodded picking Cali up.

"We'll be there." He said as I nodded. He stared at me for awhile before I blushed placing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Okay, I'll see you guys later." I smiled before heading to the car. Onyx met me there and helped Blu into her car seat.

"I felt that word today sis!" Onyx smiled as I nodded. I enjoyed going to church through all the things I've been through God has to be my biggest support system.

"Me too, O."

"What you cooking today?" She asked as I stopped at a red light and looked behind me to see Blu staring out the window while humming as I smiled.

"I'm thinking seafood. Crawfish etouffee, potato salad, fried fish, fried shrimp, and homemade butter rolls." I said as she moaned. Although we were born and raised in Atlanta my mother and father were from Louisiana and all her famous meals are based on the Southern cooking she grew up on. "Do Carter and Banks eat seafood?"

"Ask." She smirked as I rolled my eyes before putting Ella Mai on my Bluetooth as we jammed her EP our whole way home.

We made it home in about fifteen minutes and Blu was sound asleep. Onyx got her out of the car for me as I headed upstairs to change into a fitted dress and place my hair in a loose bun.

I walked into Blu's room to see Onyx placing her in bed for her nap as she kissed her forehead before tucking her in. Moments like these are what I cherished the most.

"Did you ask Carter and Banks if they eat seafood?" I asked as she looked up at me.

"Yeah Carter said he loves it and Banks said, 'I'll eat whatever fine ass cooks'" She repeated trying to sound like him as I giggled a little.

"No he did not."

"Yes he did." She laughed as I shook my head. I headed downstairs and grabbed my phone to FaceTime Kelsi. She answered on the first ring.

"Hey best frienddddd." I smiled.

"Hey my love. You look cute." She cooed.

"I wish. I'm about to cook. You coming?"

"Is that even a question?" She asked as I shook my head laughing. Kelsi loves to eat and that's another thing that made us click instantly.

"I forgot you eat eat." I teased as she laughed.

"I'll be there sis." She laughed as we held casual conversation while I gathered things together to make my meal before hanging up.

Onyx entered the kitchen sipping some wine as I giggled.

"Bitch you make me sick. Always come in here to watch me work. Help whore!" I teased.

"First of all you called me out of my name twice! Who are you?"

"Get our your feelings." I laughed while prepping my food. I enjoyed cooking it gave me a sense of peace and always reminded me of my mother because we usually cooked together.

I heard the doorbell ring at the same time that I heard Blu cry knowing that she was scared from waking up alone.

"I'll get the door." Onyx said as I lowed the fire under my food and rushed upstairs to tend to Blu.

"Hey mama." I said before turning the light on in her room.

She jumped into my arms as I kissed her forehead.

"Why are you crying little girl?"

"It was dark." She said snuggling into me as I smiled. I used to be scared of the dark as well before I realized that the only thing scary in the dark were the thoughts that I placed in my head. I am my own biggest nightmare.

"You're okay! Mommy's here." I said still holding her as we walked down the stairs.

"Hey best friend!" Kelsi exclaimed as I smiled.

"Auntie Kels!" Blu exclaimed as Kelsi placed her in her arms.

Banks came from the kitchen looking me up and down as I blushed.

"Hey, beautiful." He said as we shared a hug that lingered a little. He always smelled and looked so good.

"Hi, Banks." I smiled as we departed from the hug. "Where's my girl?"

He looked around pretending like he couldn't see Blu.

"Hey! I'm right here!" She yelled getting upset that he couldn't see her.

"Hey pretty girl." He laughed as she hopped into his arms as we all laughed.

"B, since when you stunt on your auntie like this?"

"She loves her some Banks." I shrugged as Kelsi and Banks greeted each other before he went into the living room with her where I also noticed Onyx, Carter, Cyan, and Cali were.

Kelsi followed me into the kitchen and fixed herself a glass of wine.

"It smells so fucking good in here." She said as I smiled stirring my pots. Everything was prepped I just needed to fry my fish and shrimp and place my rolls in the oven.

"Thanks sis. How is Lex?" I ask referring to her son.

"He's having so much fun without me." She rolled her eyes before taking a sip of her wine.

"That's how they all act but be hopping in your arms as soon as they come home." I said referring to Blu. She always seemed to be having the most fun with her dad but was all in my ass as soon as she came home.

"I know. I just really miss him."

"I do too. He was my cuddle buddy when Blu was being a hater." I laughed.

"You need a fuck buddy stop trying to use my son." She said as I laughed seeing Banks walk in as soon as I said that. I covered my face to hide how hard I was laughing.

"Damn, it's like that?" He said as Kelsi laughed.

"Bye Banks." She teased before walking out of the kitchen leaving us in the kitchen alone.

"It smells good as hell in here." He said taking a seat at a stool on the island.

"Thank you."

"I hope it's good cause I'm hungry." He teased.

"Imma show you better than I can tell you. Now come make yourself useful."

"Heard you." He said before washing his hands. He helped me butter the rolls and fry the fish and shrimp. I even taught him how to cook rice. I can tell he hasn't cooked anything before in his life. It was funny but cute.

I learned a lot about him while we cooked. He owned a tattoo shop not too far from Onyx's shop. He even showed me some of his work and he was amazing at what he does. He had hustle and ambition and that's something that I could admire.

"You gonna get enough of laughing at me. I'm helping you out sis." He laughed.

"You're doing good Banks." I said as we finished up. "I'll fix you a plate first since you're so hungry."

"You definitely gonna be my wife. You fixing my food already. I gotta tell my moms." He said as I laughed. "Real talk mama."

"I can't with you." I laughed before sitting his plate in front of him. "What do you want to drink? Tea? Soda? Lemonade? Water?"

"Lemonade." He said as I handed him a glass of lemonade.

I stood in front of him waiting on him to take a bite as he looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Let's make a deal."

"It depends." I smiled.

"If this is good I'm taking you on a date."

"And if it's not?" I laughed even though I was pretty sure that he would like it.

"I'm still taking you on a date. We just gonna have to eat out a lot."

"Eat, Banks."

He took one bite, then another, and another without saying a word.

"Well is it good?"

"Is you shittin' me? This shit is fantastic!" He said as I smiled. "Blessen?"

"What Banks?"

"Saturday at seven."

"What are you talking about?"

"Our date mama." He said as I nodded before going over to fix everyone else's plates. Mentally thinking about what I would wear to our date.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 173 35
read to find out โœจ
363 40 9
"๐—‚ ๐–ผ๐–บ๐—†๐–พ ๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐–พ ๐—๐—‚๐—๐— ๐—‡๐—ˆ ๐—‚๐—†๐–บ๐—€๐–พ, ๐—…๐–พ๐—'๐—Œ ๐—„๐–พ๐–พ๐—‰ ๐—‚๐— ๐—๐—๐–บ๐— ๐—๐–บ๐—’..."
27.4K 1.1K 9
๐—œ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น๐˜† ๐—ท๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜†๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐˜†...
1.6M 92.1K 52
The saga of Benji and Karma continues... Completed