RISE (A Highschool DxD Fanfic)

Autorstwa RickyRich_27

A forgotten dragon, exiled for being the weakest of them all, returns with a vengeance, to prove her worth to... Więcej

Character Introduction
Eqiupment, Powers, and Skills
Chapter 1 - The New Guy in Town
Chapter 2 - Dream
Chapter 3 - First Day: Part 1
Chapter 4 - First Day: Part 2
Chapter 5 - Crashing a Date
Chapter 6 - Found Out (not!)
Chapter 7 - New Faces, New Problems: Part 1
Chapter 8 - New Faces, New Problems: Part 2
Chapter 10 - Phenex pays a Visit
Chapter 11 - Training
Chapter 12 - Rating Game and Aftermath
Chapter 13 - A Humongous Favor
Chapter 14 - Slaughterhouse
Chapter 15 - Resistance
Chapter 16 - Settling Down. . . Again
Chapter 17 - Duel
Chapter 18 - Teaching a Lesson
Chapter 19 - The Hunt
Chapter 20 - Hunter Killer: Part 1
Chapter 21 - Hunter Killer: Part 2
Chapter 22 - Remediation
Chapter 23 - Truths and Lies
Chapter 24 - Class Observation Day
Chapter 25 - Vampire Trap
Chapter 26 - Prelude to Disaster
Chapter 27 - The Show-Stopper
Chapter 28 - Scorched Earth
Chapter 28.5 - Y/n vs Vali
Chapter 29 - Respite At Last
Chapter 30 - Inferiority
Real Talk
Chapter 31 - Self-Invitation
Chapter 32 - As Equals: Part 1
Chapter 33 - As Equals: Part 2
Chapter 34 - Call of the Wild
Chapter 35 - A Dragon's Reverse Scale
Chapter 36 - Old Man, Young Men
Chapter 37 - Animal Control
Chapter 38 - Mischief Managed

Chapter 9 - New Faces, New Problems: Part 3

21.6K 346 259
Autorstwa RickyRich_27

Timeskip to night

Y/N POV

I got up from the couch and stretched. It was finally time to save the nun. I looked over at Tio, who was peacefully sleeping on the futon. I decided to write a note for her in case she woke up. After that, I quietly exited my apartment.

I looked up at the moon, which was slightly yellow. "Well, it looks like I'm off." And I started jogging towards the church in the distance.

Mini Timeskip

As I got closer to the church, I could make out the outline of Issei, but there were also two other figures there with him. When I reached him, I saw that the two figures were Kiba and Koneko.

I hit the back of Issei's head. "Dude, I thought it was just gonna be the two of us."

As he was busy rubbing the back of his head, Kiba answered me, although he sounded a bit scared when he talked to me. "Koneko and I decided that we weren't gonna let Issei run off to his death alone."

Interesting. Even though he's new, and he's a pervert, they'll still fight with him in an uphill battle. I admired their loyalty to each other. But, that aside, it's time to save a nun.

"So, how are we going t--"

Koneko didn't even wait for me to finish speaking before kicking down the church door. I guess we're taking the direct approach.

When we went inside, we were met with a number of priests bearing blessed weapons. While I myself wasn't concerned, I still worried about the devils' vulnerability to holy objects. I decided to fight the priests while the other three went to find Asia.

"I'll hold these goons off. You three go find Asia."

"""Right!"""

After they left, I was quickly surrounded by a ring of about 10 priests. "Don't think we'll let you escape," they said.

At once, three of them rushed me at the same time. Two were coming in front of me, while one was behind me. I summoned my swords and shot the two that were in front of me, killing them instantly. Without looking, I thrust one sword behind me, stabbing the priest. The rest of them came in twos.

I kept most priests at a distance by shooting at them, but whenever one got too close, I slashed at them with my swords. Before the battle even started, it was already a one-sided battle. Soon enough, all the priests were laying on the ground, dead.

I was about to take a short break when a fallen angel burst from the ground and landed a few meters away from me. I got into a fighting stance again, but Issei came out of the hole the fallen angel left and landed beside it. I could see now that it was fallen angel that killed Issei, Raynare I think.

Issei then picked Raynare up and proceeded to punch her through one of the church windows. He then broke down crying. I slowly approached him and asked about his situation.

"What happened Issei? Were you able to save Asia?"

At this, he started crying even more. Between sniffles, he responded, "R-Raynare extracted her Gear, and she died. I was able to get the Gears back, but I was too late."

Kiba and Koneko, who just arrived, also had solemn looks on their faces. It seems that this loss affected more people than I thought. Koneko went outside to retrieve the fallen angel, leaving me, Kiba, and Issei in the church.

"What happened down there?" I asked.

"We ran into the priest from before. Koneko and I held him off while Issei went to where Raynare had tied Asia to the cross. But, she was already almost done extracting the Gear, so, like Issei said, we were too late."

"Ara ara, what happened here?" said a familiar voice.

I turned around to see Rias walking in with Akeno and Koneko, who had retrieved Raynare. Issei looked up, and when he saw Rias, he asked her to confirm Asia's death. After Rias confirmed it, Isssi broke into tears once more. Raynare woke up from her unconsciousness and saw that she was surrounded by devils. She turned back into a human girl and pleaded with Issei.

"Issei, you won't let them kill me, right? Please Issei, don't let them kill me!"

Seriously, how low is she willing to go to save her life?

Issei was unaffected by Raynare's change in appearance, and told Rias to dispose of her, which Rias did. Soon, only silence filled the air.

"If you really want, I can resurrect her into the peerage and give her another chance at life," Rias said.

Immediately, Issei looked at her with pleading eyes, and Rias got the message. She proceeded to put a bishop piece on Asia and started chanting. Soon, Asia started to glow, and she opened her eyes. Issei hugged her really tightly and was going on about how glad he was that she was alive. Rias then explained to her about all the devil stuff and whatnot, but Asia said she was happy as long as she was with Issei.

Out of nowhere, my hands started glowing, which attracted everyone's attention. The light became blinding, causing everyone to close our eyes. When the light went away, my hands felt a bit heavier, and when I looked, I now had a gauntlet on each of my hands.

(Imagine the lava is constantly shifts between blue and red)

I looked at them in awe as I realized that this must be what Emynth means when she said I would get more powers as I got used to my Sacred Gears. I then felt information flowing through my brain. This info contained magic, so I guess I can use magic now.

Everyone looked at me again, abd were even more shocked to see I had new gauntlets on. They all just stared at me with wide eyes and open mouths. It got weird after a minute, but they eventually recovered and regained their composure.

"Issei, I did what you asked, so now you owe me another favor. I'll see you guys later."

I turned to leave, but I was stopped by someone grabbing my wrist. I looked back and saw that it was Issei. He wasn't looking at me, and was instead looking at Rias.

"Rias, if you were able to turn me and Asia into devils, can't you do the same to him?"

I stared at him with a slightly annoyed expression. Rias looked like she just realized that, so I expected what was gonna come next.

"Y-yes, I can," she said. She then turned towards me. "Y/n, would you do all of us the honor of joining my peerage?"

.

. .

. . .

. . . .

. . . . .

"No"

"Uh, what?"

She looked at me with a confused expression. I guess my simple answer confused her enough for her to forget about being formal for a second. She then shook her head and looked at me again. Issei grabbed my shoulders and started shaking them.

"But Rias treats her servants like family!"

I looked at him with dead eyes. "And that's why I won't do it."

"Huh?"

"You said yourself: 'servants.' I won't let myself be ordered around when I have more important things to care about like my family."

"What if I let both of you into my peerage," Rias interrupted.

I rushed at her in a blink if an eye, and I held her up with my gauntlet. I looked at her with slight rage as the place where my gauntlet touched Rias started smoking.

I lowered her to my eye level as she squirmed in my grip. "I will NOT let my sister get involved in your problems." I delivered my ultimatum right then and there.

I dropped Rias onto the ground while everyone was still frozen. I left without another word, and this time, I didn't let anything stop me.

The Next Day

I walked into school with Tio skipping happily beside me. Nothing really happened last night; when I arrived, Tio had not moved, so she must've been asleep the whole time. Back to today, we just split up to go to our respective buildings for classes.

I was walking when I felt a presence watching me. I turned around, but I didn't see anyone suspicious around me. I was about to resume my walk to class when my legs fell from under me and everything turned black.

3rd Person POV

Everyone around Y/n at the moment he collapsed rushed to help him, while the lady watching from the shadows continued to look on.

"Interesting," she said. "Despite the reports, he gives off no aura suggesting he is in the slightest bit involved in our activities."

She then retreated to report to her superiors about the incident and other recent events.

Of course, both the ORC and the student council were notified of this, and they all rushed to check on Y/n's condition. When everyone arrived at the nurse's office, she told them he was unconscious, and only family members could see him. Y/n would remain asleep for the entire day.

Y/N POV

The last thing I remember before collapsing was my sister trying to catch me during my fall. After that, I couldn't recall a single detail.

When I opened my eyes, I expected myself to be laying down, but instead I was standing up. I looked around and saw that I was in the same landscape from the dream where I first met Emynth. I was about to call out Emynth's bame when she landed in front of me, except she was smaller and was only a bit taller than me.

"Woah, what happened to you? Also, what happened to me?"

She stared into the distance as if deep in thought. "Everytime your gear undergoes an evolution, at some random point, you will be pulled back here, no matter what. I can't stop that, neither can you. I'll just say be prepared everytime an evolution occurs after this.

Most of that made sense, but that didn't explain why she was small. Or maybe I was big?

"But Emynth, how does that explain you being smaller?"

She looked down at herself, then at me. "This shows a part of your new powers."

"Care to explain?"

"With your newest evolution, you can now manifest me as a physical being."

"Meaning?"

"I can appear in the real world and be seen by other people. In other words, a familiar. Oh, and I have a human form now, too."

Emynth started to slowly lift into the air and emit a bright light. I covered my eyes as to not be blinded, and when the light went away, I uncovered my eyes. What stood before me was an adult woman with a very curvy figure. She easily stood taller than me, and she wasn't even wearing heels. She had long, flowing black hair, deep red eyes, and she had dragon wings sprouting from her back. Her skin was slightly tanned, and she wore vibrant pink lipstick. Currently, she was wearing a very skimpy outfit that showed off her body in all the wrong places. It didn't help that she was standing very close to me. Covering my nose, I quickly turned around before she could see my flaming red face.

"Aw, what's the matter? Are you too shy to look at me?" she said.

Without looking at her, I replied, "It's not that, it's just that your current clothes are very. . . revealing. But, not trying to sound like a perv here, you have a very nice body."

"If that's the only problem, then you could've just said something."

After that, I slowly turned around to look at her while still covering my nose. Her clothes then started glowing, and then they transformed into regular clothes that people wore nowadays.

"Is this better?"

"Uh, yeah. Anyways, other than being able to become a familiar, what else can I do now?"

"With your gauntlets, you can use fire and ice magic. To help you train, the next time you meditate, I'll have a training area set up to help you."

"Is that it?" I asked.

"That's it." And with that, she gave a little flick with her hand, and I suddenly found myself in the nurse's office at school.

I looked around the room and saw that it was dark outside. I looked at the clock on the wall, and it read 7:36 PM. Wow, I've been here pretty much the whole day. That aside, Tio was sleeping with her head resting on my leg. I slowly shook her awake and she slowly opened her eyes.

"Mmm, onii-chan stop tha--"

Her body shot up really quickly, and she jumped into my arms. "ONII-CHAAAAAANNNN!!!! I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU!! YOU JUST COLLAPSED AND I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, AND WHAT IF YOU LEFT ME ALL ALONE?! WAAAAHHH!!"

I just calmly stroked her hair. As I said before, she acts like a baby around me, and this would be a good example of one of this times.

"It's ok Tio. I'm sorry I made you worry. Everything is going to be okay. I'm fine now."

The Next Day

Tio and I stayed like that for the rest of the night, but we eventually went home later. Because we had stayed in the nurse's office for so long, the nurse gave us a late pass for today.

Today went by uneventfully, which I am personally thankful for, but right before I left, Rias requested another meeting with me. I agreed to it, but I dropped off Tio at our apartment first. When I got back to the school, I didn't bother knocking on the ORC's door, I just walked right in.

Rias and her peerage didn't look surprised at all when I casually strolled in without knocking. They all just stared at me as I sat down in my usual spot.

"So, Rias, what did you want to talk about."

To be continued. . .

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

342K 20.1K 74
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
307K 28.8K 67
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
116K 6.3K 39
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
1M 18.5K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...