Spirit Animals Vol. 1

Od XXrogueXlucyXX

In a world where your strength is judged by your spirit animal there are three animals that were cast out. Th... Více

|Chp. 1: A dive in water|
|Chp. 2: The town, the falcon and the bear|
|Chp. 3: The Chase|
|Chp. 4: Of Bears & Wolves|
|Chp. 5: Skin and bones|
|Chp. 6: The fields and forest|
|Chp. 7: Claws|
|Chp. 8: Bear of the sun|
|Chp. 9: A Cause for the Lost|
|Chp. 10: Merging spirits|
|Chp. 11: Clashing of Ways|
|Chp. 12: The Way of the Wolf|
|Chp. 13: A Hunt|
|Chp. 14: Lion Claws|
|Chp. 15: Faster Ways of Moving|
|Chp. 16: Fire Lit Nights|
|Chp. 17: Riddles, tails, then foxes|
|Chp. 18: The Temporary Grounds|
|Chp. 19: Needle and Thread|
|Chp. 20: Patchwork Dreams|
|Chp. 21: Log man|
|Chp. 22: Salmon Seasons|
|Chp. 23: Skinned Scales|
|Chp. 24: Sweet Scented Meat|
|Chp. 25: And Then it Snows|
|Chp. 26: Terms of This New Ordeal and Place|
|Chp. 27: The Interbreeders and crushes|
|Chp. 29: The Gates|
|Chp. 30: A Base of Bears|
|Chp. 31: The Arrows of a Wolf|
|Chp. 32: Hunting for Everyone|
|Chp. 33: The Bear Cubs|
|Chp. 34: Fur of the Wolf, Spots of the Leopard|
|Chp. 35: Thicker Than Blood|
|Chp. 36: Best Friends Till Death|
|Chp. 37: Amongst the City Animals|
|Chp. 38: A Bear with the Scar|
|Chp. 39: Stripes of Betrayal|
|Chp. 40: Blood Brothers|
|Epilogue|
Graphic Contest (C L O S E D)
Winners!

|Chp. 28: Moving and Prey|

270 19 1
Od XXrogueXlucyXX

A week in two days. That's how long we stayed before everyone was ready to leave. The tents were burned except the fur covers. We kept those and stored them with the rest of the furs we had packed with everything.

We had a nice meat count to keep us going for this journey. Erick said he knew how to get there as we were near it to be exact. The base was up north and that's where we had gone. North. Quinn seemed a bit excited at the concept of a safe haven.

Although I couldn't blame him though. Most bears, foxes, and wolves would be as well. A safe haven meant no more running. A place where you didn't have to live in constant fear of being hunted down by the city animals. It was a dream to all of us.

And Erick was working to make that dream true. The day we got ready to leave we evenly distributed everything. The bears were given things to pull, the mule was given his weight limit of things, the horses had things in their saddle bags and we all carried things as well.

My satchel was around me when I got on the spunky brown mare. Once more we were selected to go first. Ruby got on the tall spotted horse and Hiro the paint who he declared to actually be a dark golden palomino color. The other three walked with the bears keeping up the flank.

Lupa stayed at the front prepared for any danger. She had a little bag attached to her full of lightweight blankets, clothes, and things like that. Although we put on a nice amount of clothes to keep ourselves warm and put blankets on the horses to keep them warm.

I wore my sheepskin coat on with pants made of fur themselves lined with bits of cotton and a cotton shirt lined with fur. The brown horse I was on had a deer blanket on her back to keep her warm. She was full of energy once more, all of them were.

But we kept to a walk to make sure they kept that energy. Ruby actually stayed near me and talked a bit with Raegan keeping an eye on her. Ruby wore her gloves proudly and held to the reins. Raegan stayed near her ready to help her if needed.

Ruby wore fur pants as well along with a thick cotton shirt and bundled up in a fur cloak and jacket. She wore boots as well to keep her warm. Along with her gloves that held the reins in a tight grip. Her long black hair was down covering her neck.

Raegan was in his fur pants as well and a leather shirt lined with fur and a cloak over his shoulders along with boots. Erick wore fur pants, one made from the moose and a shirt made from fur along with his own fur cloak made from a fluffy black fur that he came with along with boots.

Hiro wore a similar attire except his shirt was cotton so he was bundled up in a thick fur jacket along with boots that I could see fur in. Fur lined boots, mine weren't that. I had gotten mine from a town and they were just leather.

Quinn wore his fur pants, his fur shirt with a piece of armor in the front. And then his cloak draped across his wide shoulders and cinched in the front. He wore his gloves as well and his shirt was a long sleeved one along with boots.

The animals had their fur to protect them. Lupa was ahead her paws sinking into the snow as we continued on. We left a day ago from the site and were making good progress. Erick kept in the front with Lupa who wasn't that bothered by him which was good.

Eden and Theo took turns as the last bear due to them being the largest bears that could fight. And Izuki at the top in the back. Quinn looked up at me ad smiled as the brown mare snorted and shook her hair from the snowflakes that were falling from the sky.

It was snowing out with snowflakes falling on us. We were all bundled up even more because of that to keep warm. The bears had a proper plan and brought wood to keep us warm with the fires, two logs a night to get the fire started which was smart.

Izuki carried that bag of wood and it didn't even tire him down. My satchel that was at my side was full of meat that'd we be using for dinner tonight. Tonight we'd be having stew after we found a nice place near water to rest of the night so we could water ourselves and the horses.

The draft mule carried out fine. The sun was setting in the sky and I knew we'd be building a small shelter for tonight to put us all under since it was snowing. We had some of the wood from back at camp with us being carried by the draft mule.

We had created a smart way for the mule to pull thing. Instead of carrying we attached something to the harness he came with and had him pull things. And he had not a problem pulling it. If anything he pulled more than normal meaning we could put some things on.

"Silver do you still have some of that dry meat Hiro gave you?" Quinn asked and I nodded. Setting the reins down on the saddle I pulled out a strip of dry meat and handed it to Quinn who accepted it and began eating it.

I picked up the reins once more as Lupa looked over. "We're going to have to find shelter for tonight. There is no doubt snow coming in." Erick said and I nodded at that. We all did. I patted the brown mare on the neck and she seemed to enjoy it.

"Do any of you want to go scout out for anywhere to go?" Erick asked. When no one answered I got off the mare and handed her to Quinn. "I'll go." I said before going to Lupa. "Come on lets go find somewhere to stay." I told her petting her head.

I watched as Hiro got off the palomino paint and on the mare as Raegan got on the palomino paint. "Come get us when you find something." Erick said and I nodded as I took my bow and arrows with just in case I got in a bad situation.

Lupa and I went off and I looked at her. 'It'll be easier to cover ground if you and I join.' Lupa said and I nodded as I attached my quiver to my back along with putting my bow around me. When we joined nothing on us was disturbed at all.

My bow would remain there but not on Lupa, the only thing on Lupa would be her bags although they took them. I focused in on Lupa before we began to glow for a moment and then I was no longer standing but was on all fours and covered in furs with paws.

Lupa was always warm. I shook her fur before sniffing the air to find somewhere to go to. With a scent in mind where water was I took off through the snow. If we weren't looking for a place to stay we could of scored a few rabbit stews.

On my run I passed some rabbits who scurried away when a predator came by. But as of right now I had a scent in my nose and wasn't about to lose this scent either. My paws dug into the snow as I ran through keeping my nose up in the air or to the ground as I took in the scents around me.

Not long I found a pond full of water. It was slowly freezing, but the ice could be broken. Stopping there I put my nose to the ground and began to sniff around for somewhere to stay the night.

The sun had mostly set by now. I found a grove of trees that could be a good place to set up camp but an even better scent came in. And I followed it on the track, no one had a nose as good as a wolf tended to have for scents.

I continued through before finally finding the jackpot on where to stay. In front of me was a cave, a cave that the horses and bears could all fit into. I wasn't that far out so I didn't even have to go get the bears either and lead them here.

And the pond was near so we could stay here and rest up some for our journey to begin once more. That thought sounded so nice. So I turned around as more snowflakes fell on my fur as I looked up at the sky that was getting dark and I knew we had to stop.

I began howling to alert Quinn to where I'd be. My howls filled the night air and only ten minutes after did the bears appear while I was in Lupa. We separated and I fell on the ground before getting up as the brown horse came through and Lupa's ears perked up.

Quinn came and looked at the cave. "I found a cave big enough to hold us, did I do good?" I asked Quinn who nodded as he looked in. "I'm going to light a torch and then Eden and I will check it to see if anything is in it." Quinn said going up to a pack.

He took a stick out and wrapped it in spare cloth before a few tries lighting it. "Help them get everything unpacked." Quinn said and I nodded at that. Eden and him then went into the cave as I went over to them.

We began taking the bags off of the horses and bears and disconnected the sled like structure that the mule pulled. Everyone dismounted the horses before Quinn came out holding the torch with Eden behind him. "It's clear." Quinn said and with that we brought them inside the cave.

Quinn's torch lit the cave up, and it was much bigger than I expected it to be. "Nice job." Erick said as he went over to tie the horses up. They were untacked, brushed down, and then there blankets thrown over them to keep them warm for tonight as it snowed outside.

"There is a pond not that far out." I said. "Go get some water." Erick told Hiro and Raegan who left with the buckets. Quinn was setting up our sleeping area near the corner of the cave. The furs and pillows covering it as Erick set up their sleeping area.

Lupa was laying down on the cold stone floor with Eden next to her. Once Quinn was done with the sleeping area he began getting a fire going as Hiro and Raegan came back with buckets of water except this time they had also brought something else back as well.

"It's not big, but it should help." Hiro said setting down three rabbits with their throats slit. "It appears we'll be having a big rabbit stew." Quinn said as they got the water boiling before giving the horses their water and even going out for more for the horses and then once more for us.

"There's a blizzard on the rise." Quinn said looking out the cave. Erick nodded. "Board up the entrance with our wood. Tie it in if needed." Erick said and they all went to do that as the three of us sat there. The water would be enough to get us through a few days.

If needed we could venture out for the horses to get water. Quinn got the stew going as I went to the bed area and took off my sheepskin jacket and replaced it with a fur blanket holding the blanket around me for warmth.

Ruby was sitting in her sleeping area underneath the blankets when Raegan came over and sat down next to her. "I have a feeling we'll be in here for a few days." Quinn commented while stirring the stew. He had put seasoning in it that Hiro had leftover which wasn't a lot anymore.

So we were enjoying the seasoned meat while we could. Hiro came back over and sat down at his bed area and went through his bags as Quinn stirred the soup. "Rabbit soup sounds good." Erick commented as he dressed the rabbits before giving all the meat to Quinn.

The fur would no doubt be used for something and the parts we didn't eat was given to the bears and some to Lupa. Lupa right now was enjoying one of the bones that still had meat on it. Lupa didn't care if the food was raw or cooked, all it mattered was that she could eat it.

Eden had a leg of meat as well, they all did, but it wasn't from the rabbit, it was from a deer no doubt. They'd also get some of the soup to go with their raw legs of meat. Quinn continued stirring the soup before taking it from the fire.

The bowls came out and we were all handed bowls of the hot soup. Quinn came over and sat next to me as I began eating the hot soup. "Good job on finding this." Quinn said with a bit of a smile and I nodded at that.

Finding this wasn't intentional but it did make me happy that I did find it. Quinn and I finished our soup before filling them up some for us and then for our spirit animals who happily ate at it while we got in our night wear before going under the covers.

Once everyone was done with dinner we all got ready to go to sleep. I knew we'd be resting here from moving and from the blizzard. But as of right now I didn't mind. After all we were going to a safe haven and had prey.

2338. One more chapter of the move then they will arrive! They'll be longer chapters for the move, but now the action is going to pick up once they are at their safe haven. I'm enjoying this book so much and can't wait to write Vol.2 as well. I've been thinking maybe 5 volumes? And I have plans for each volume. Maybe 4 volumes, we'll see. But I have plans and your gonna love them. * * *

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

Silver Od -tey-

Vlkodlaci

65.6K 2.6K 46
Silver is the weakness of all werewolves. But for Noah Planes, Silver might be the only thing that can save him...
Divided Od

Beletrie

629 40 13
Some of the most powerful animals are held captive by a man who was inspired by dog fights. This man bought each animal one at a time using money he...
45 0 17
Written by: @Rilakuven Original Characters: @Anjing_Kampus In the city of Kyoto with anthropomorphic beings, two college students named Iteijyu Kasa...
221K 10.2K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...