RISE (A Highschool DxD Fanfic)

By RickyRich_27

A forgotten dragon, exiled for being the weakest of them all, returns with a vengeance, to prove her worth to... More

Character Introduction
Eqiupment, Powers, and Skills
Chapter 1 - The New Guy in Town
Chapter 2 - Dream
Chapter 3 - First Day: Part 1
Chapter 4 - First Day: Part 2
Chapter 5 - Crashing a Date
Chapter 6 - Found Out (not!)
Chapter 8 - New Faces, New Problems: Part 2
Chapter 9 - New Faces, New Problems: Part 3
Chapter 10 - Phenex pays a Visit
Chapter 11 - Training
Chapter 12 - Rating Game and Aftermath
Chapter 13 - A Humongous Favor
Chapter 14 - Slaughterhouse
Chapter 15 - Resistance
Chapter 16 - Settling Down. . . Again
Chapter 17 - Duel
Chapter 18 - Teaching a Lesson
Chapter 19 - The Hunt
Chapter 20 - Hunter Killer: Part 1
Chapter 21 - Hunter Killer: Part 2
Chapter 22 - Remediation
Chapter 23 - Truths and Lies
Chapter 24 - Class Observation Day
Chapter 25 - Vampire Trap
Chapter 26 - Prelude to Disaster
Chapter 27 - The Show-Stopper
Chapter 28 - Scorched Earth
Chapter 28.5 - Y/n vs Vali
Chapter 29 - Respite At Last
Chapter 30 - Inferiority
Real Talk
Chapter 31 - Self-Invitation
Chapter 32 - As Equals: Part 1
Chapter 33 - As Equals: Part 2
Chapter 34 - Call of the Wild
Chapter 35 - A Dragon's Reverse Scale
Chapter 36 - Old Man, Young Men
Chapter 37 - Animal Control
Chapter 38 - Mischief Managed

Chapter 7 - New Faces, New Problems: Part 1

23.6K 378 207
By RickyRich_27

Ok, so this chapter will probably be longer than the others, since I'm trying to fit a whole episode into a chapter instead of only parts of an episode. This should be interesting, right? Anyways, hope you enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N POV

The past few days have gone by without any real incident. Of course, Rias is STILL spying on me, so no change with how she feel about me. I haven't been able to get out as much because of Rias' spy, but I somehow manage my boredom with TV.

Right now, school just ended, so I'm headed back to the apartment. For some reason, I felt like taking the scenic route, so I decided to go the long way around before heading home.

As I was walking around, I saw this girl that I haven't seen before. I guessed she was new to the town, just like I was two weeks back. I was observing her from a distance, and I noticed she had nun clothes on her. Plus, she had a green aura surrounding her. Maybe a Sacred Gear? She looked lost, and she tripped since she was busy trying to look around. I was going to go help her, but then a certain pervert had to walk up to her and help her up.

I shivered at the thoughts that Issei might be having right now. 'This looks bad. I better follow them to make sure nothing bad happens.'

In reality, I just wanted to make sure Issei didn't try to make a move on the nun.

Timeskip

Nothing really happened throughout the day, Issei only showed the nun around town, and then took her to the nearby church. More specifically, the abandoned church. I kinda prayed that Issei would not get any closer, cause if he did, he might just pass out from the holy energy.

Eventually, the two said their goodbyes, and I made my way home, but not before making sure the perv made it back. As quietly as possible, I was able to deter two fallen angels from him. Why am I helping him? Simple, Emynth wants Issei's dragon to be one of the first to acknowledge her return into the world.

Once I got home, I suddenly felt the urge to either laugh or cry. I didn't know why I was feeling this way, so I asked Emynth. 'Hey, why do I feel like I'm about to either bust out laughing or into tears.'

Emynth responded in an out of breath voice. 'Sorry, it's just that I was meditating, and while doing that, I tried to glimpse at what Issei was doing with his dragon.'

'So what did you see?'

'I was just in time to hear the little pervert pronounce his goal to use Ddraig's (his dragon) power to become a HAREM KING!'

I then heard a fit of laughter followed by some crying afterwards. 'Well Emynth, I don't know whether I should feel bad for Ddraig, or laugh at Issei's pointless dream.'

'Do both, it's much better that way.'

So up until I went to sleep, Emynth and I talked about the huge blunder that Ddraig performed when he picked the perv as his next host.

Timeskip a few days

Like the last few days, nothing really happened. In fact, it was starting to get boring. I had secretly been hoping I could get the perverts' butts handed to them by the Kendo girls again, but you can't always get what you want.

After school ended, I once again took the scenic route back since I didn't really have anything to do at home.

Right now, I'm wandering around town, trying to shake off the same spy that Rias has been sending. Seriously, doesn't that woman ever quit? Anyways, I decided to head inside a local coffee shop to take a break. When I went inside, I grabbed a table in the corner so that I could see everyone, and while I was sitting, I felt the same energy that's been following me enter the shop. It turns out, Akeno has been the one following me. To me, she didn't really seem the type to stalk people, but Rias must have her reasons for using Akeno instead of someone else.

I stayed in the shop for at least an hour since they had books there. Hey, don't judge, I never pass the opportunity to read a good book. When I was done, it was already sunset, so I decided to go home. But first, I had to shake off Akeno.

Mini Timeskip

Well, it took about a half hour, but I did it! I can finally walk home in peace.

As I was passing by a few houses in a nearby neighborhood, my hands started to feel really funny. And by funny, I mean they were shaking indiscreetly. As I walked through the neighborhood, the shaking only worsened, but it started fading after I passed a certain house. I decided to retrace my steps until the shaking was strongest.

When I finally figured out which house it was, there was a weak holy aura coming from it, as well as the same green aura from a few days ago. There was also a very faint scent of blood in the air. I heard someone coming, so I hid in the bushes. A couple seconds later, a familiar boy with a mad obsession with breasts shows up, and stops in front of the house, and enters it.

I decided to wait for a few minutes to see if he could handle himself. After waiting for a few minutes, I heard a scream of pain from inside. I waited a few more minutes until I could feel the red aura grow in power, then weaken. I chose this time to go in.

"Well shit. Here we go again."

I rubbed some dirt on my head to mask my face. I cracked a few joints to loosen up. I then summoned my swords, and burst through the door.

Issei POV

'Ugh, damn it! He's to strong to deal with right now.' I thought as the exorcist slashed my back with his holy sword, knocking me to the ground.

I had tried dodging his attacks, but his holy bullets caught me off-guard, and I was struck in the legs with bullets, rendering me unable to dodge his next attack. The places where the bullets hit me hurt like hell, and my back felt like it was ready to melt off.

The exorcist then stood above, ready to kill. "Is that look just for show? I hate that the most!"

He was about to bring down his swords when I heard a scream.

Asia then came into the room and saw what was going on. Freed then explained how this was his job and that I was a devil, and needed to be killed. He was about to strike me again, but this time, Asia stood in front of him, forcing him to stop his sword.

"Let him go, please! He may be a devil, but Issei-san is a good person!"

"Huh? Don't give me that crap!" And the exorcist then used his sword to rip Asia's clothes, then he forced her against the wall. He looked like he was going to rape her, but I couldn't just stay injured and do nothing.

I shakily stood up and faced Freed. "Stop! Let Asia go!"

"Eh? You want to fight me? You'll suffer and die!"

I could also hear Asia trying to keep me from fighting Freed. But, I ignored her protests. I might die, but I'm not gonna run away from the girl who tried protecting me. And I sure as hell am not letting her get raped!

I summoned my Sacred Gear on my left hand, and burst up from the ground. I hit the exorcist directly on the jaw with all my power, and I was able to knock him onto the ground. But after that, all my stamina left me, and I was frozen on the spot.

Freed then stood up again. "Interesting. I'll set the record for making the finest human mincemeat!"

He leapt at me with his sword, and I was powerless. I could hear Asia screaming, but I could do nothing at all.

As I was getting ready to accept my death, I saw something intercept the blade, and when the flash of light from it disappeared, I saw a figure with two swords standing above me. He had deflected the priest's sword with his purple one, and was now pointing the white one at the priest.

"Haa, looks like I'm saving your ass again Issei," he said in a bored tone.

"What's this, a human helping devils?! You're going to have to die too!"

The priest tried hitting the figure, but he only hit thin air as the new guy swiftly dodged all of his attacks, while also lightly slicing at the priest.

"Gah! That hurt you bastard!" Freed screamed as he kept getting cut.

The new guy only responded with the same bored voice from before. "My, my. A priest with a vulgar mouth and personality? No wonder the Church isn't as influential as it once was."

A huge magic circle with the Gremory clan's symbol appeared in the room without warning. The new guy looked at it with disinterest. "Have they come to save your puny ass Issei?"

The priest used this as a chance to land a hit on the new guy, and he thrust his light sword right as his back. The other guy though, saw this at the last second, and twisted his body away, but he still had a scratch on his side.

"Hah, so you got a hit in? I won't be so careless next time."

The two started fighting again as Kiba, Akeno, and Koneko stepped through the magic circle. Kiba had his sword out and looked ready to fight, but he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the fight that was already going on. Akeno and Koneko were also the same.

"Issei," Kiba said. "Do you know who that guy is? The one fighting the exorcist?"

I responded, "No, he just showed up right as Freed was about to kill me."

Kiba then looked at Akeno.  "Akeno, do you sense anything from him?"

"Ara ara, other than the energy coming from his swords, no."

Rias then stepped in as the fight was finishing. The mysterious swordsman used the flat of his blade to hit the back of the priest's legs, making him fall to his knees. He then struck the back of Freed's head with the pommel of one of his swords.

There was a deathly silence as the whole peerage stared at the swordsman in awe for defeating a veteran exorcist.

Rias spoke up first. "I've seen you before."

Y/N POV

"I've seen you before," said a familiar voice.

I looked behind me and saw all of the ORC standing by Issei. It looks like they rushed here when they sensed he was in danger. Of course, this made the following conversation a bit risky as they were all present and not just Rias, like last time. I decided to keep quiet for now and see what they have to say.

"You're him aren't you? The one that defeated the fallen angel on the night Issei died?"

Ah, so she does remember.

"Buchou, what are you talking about? You mean this is the dude that put the mark on my neck?"

So Rias did tell him what happened after she arrived to resurrect him.

"Issei, not now. I have to speak to him."

A talk between us? Seems like a trap. Plus, I can't speak anymore than I had to out of fear that they would figure out who I am. Luckily, there was still dirt covering my face, so they can't see what I really look like. I had to end this quickly and get out of here before they trap me.

I raised my holy sword and slowly pointed to each and every one of them. They all recoiled when I pointed my sword at them since it was holy. When I pointed the sword at Issei, the mark I put on him started to glow on his neck. Then, I spoke the same words I told Rias last week.

"He owes me."

And with that, I used my demonic sword to destroy the wall behind me, and jumped back outside. I put away my swords to hide their energy signatures and hid in the bushes. Not even two seconds later, Kiba rushed passed the bushes I was hiding in. He was probably sent to pursue me, but, because of Emynth's special [Lack of Aura] ability, he could not find me.

I waited in the bushes for about 30 minutes, and in that time, I heard some arguing from inside, then a flash of crimson, and then fallen angels came over to pick up the girl and the priest. After that 30 minutes, I slowly got out of the bushes. I looked around, making sure no devils or fallen angels were around, then I started walking home.

Mini Timeskip

I decided to meditate a little once I got home so that I could speak with my dragon. When I did, the first thing I heard was this:

'Idiot! What did you do that for? He would've been fine if you hadn't intervened!'

"Oh really? So what if I didn't jump in and save his ass?"

Then pain spread across my entire left cheek. 'Rias and her peerage would have saved him in your place!'

"Then what now?"

'Her whole peerage has seen you, but you kept your face covered. That's good, bet they also heard your voice. They'll try even harder now to prove that you're more than you seem.'

"I might as well reveal myself. They'll figure it out sooner or later. Better late than never, right?" Although I felt like it was still early, if I didn't resolve this soon, then Rias would be bugging me for the rest of the school year.

'If that's how you feel, so be it. But let me give you some advice first.'

Advice? Ooh, this sounds interesting. I wonder if it's more powers, or secret intel about devils. Whatever it is, it's probably gonna be good.

'First of all, your personality.'

"My personality?"

'Yes, I've noticed that ever since I started inhabiting you, you've gradually opened up, and have become less introverted. While that's good and all, don't attract too much attention. At least, not yet.'

Emynth's right. I have been less quiet these past weeks. I'm even making more friends at school now. More friends than at my old school.

'Second, your Sacred Gears. The more you use them, the more you'll get accustomed to them. When that happens, I'll be able to offer more power, and your Gears could undergo evolution.'

Evolution? Now this sounded interesting. If I get a chance to make myself stronger, I'll take it. I guess I should train more now, probably twice what Emynth recommended the first time. I started imagining what the evolution would look like, but Emynth drew my attention back to her.

'Third, and lastly, when they find out, the devils will without a doubt try to recruit you to their side.'

"Yeah, yeah. I get it. Just say no right?"

'It's not that simple Y/N. They'll try to tempt you to come over. Some of them might even try to use threats to convince you. Before that happens, I want you, right now, to make a mental anchor that will keep you from drowning in temptation or any other mind tricks the devils might use.'

A mental anchor? Sounds like a mind game. But what could be used as an anchor? Maybe a certain goal I want to achieve, kinda like Issei's dream. Or maybe, the resolve to protect something I love. Yeah, that's better. My desire to keep my sister from getting into trouble, or into anything with the supernatural. I'll use that, and it should make a good mental anchor.

'I see that you've already made an anchor, and much faster than I expected. Anyways, with this anchor, you will be able to resist any mind tricks anyone might use on you.
That will be all I will tell you. Make sure to use this knowledge well. Or at least better than what Ddraid's host is using with his knowledge.'

And then she cut the connection, and I ended my meditation.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Probably another interrogation by Rias and her peerage. Also, maybe some problems with the stray priest. But, who cares right now? I certainly don't. Why? Cause I need to get some sleep.

.

. .

. . .

. . . .

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I jolted up from my futon at the sound of the door. I was almost asleep! I looked a them time, and only a few minutes had passed since meditated. In fact, it was only 9:13 PM.

I slowly walked up to the door and put my ear onto it. I could hear some voices on the other side. They sounded really familiar. . .

I opened the door, and something shorter than me immediately latched onto my torso. At first I thought it was Koneko, but I saw that the figure had brown hair, and hazel eyes.

Oh no. . .

It can't be. . .

"Onii-sama!!! I missed you so much!!!"

To be continued. . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
641K 30.5K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
871K 46K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
237K 10K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...