His Concubine (Book 2 of the...

By samanthacassidy92

Kamar is the new demon king, Damarius is still Vanessa's servant, but new things come with Kamar's new positi... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 1

14K 406 60
By samanthacassidy92

"So let me get this straight. You don't like this guy anymore because he hasn't come to see you in a couple months?" My coworker Sharon asked as she sat beside me at the bar drinking her third glass of Sex On The Beach. Sharon had shoulder length brown hair, blue eyes, and was around the same body build as me. We became good workout partners once we started talking more at work. She was a customer service representative that worked on the same floor as me, and it had only been a few weeks since she started working there and we were already drinking buddies.

"No, that's not the only reason. He just doesn't tell the full truth all the time."

"And you do?"

"I try to."

"But you said you guys aren't together, so why does it matter if he doesn't want to tell you everything?"

"We were trying to get together and learn more about each other on the first date but then he left. I never heard from him again after I received that letter in the mail." I twisted the story a bit because she wouldn't believe it if I told her a crow delivered the letter.

She shook her head, and I could see those blue eyes turning a glossy red. "I would have told him to go fuck himself for ditching you on the first date."

"It was an emergency though."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah yeah. Well since you're still a single lady and you obviously need some action in your life. How about we go to the new club in town tomorrow night?"

"You're talking about Purgatory?"

She gave a nod.

"Will your boyfriend let you go? That's a pretty freaky place."

"You think I can't get down with the goths?" She gave me metal hands and a few head bangs while I tried not to choke on my drink.

"Slow down, death queen. We can go."

"Good. You need some good male interaction to forget about that dick face, and I need another drink."

I raised my hand at the bartender and he poured her another shot of whiskey. He was a Caucasian male, probably around 6 foot, had blonde hair that was combed over to one side, and the other half was shaved. It wasn't my favorite haircut, but somehow he pulled it off with those bright blue eyes. I must have been staring too long because he looked up and we made eye contact.

"Can I get you another drink too?" He asked.

"No thank you. I'm supposed to be the DD for her," I nodded my head towards Sharon as she raised her glass in the air.

"I'll have another," she said, and slid him her empty glass.

He took it from her and went to go refill it as I turned to glance around the room. So many people were dancing tonight, and this was the second time I had ever been to this bar. The name of it was called Rush, and it seemed to be more of a club than a bar. The music was modern club music that you hear at almost every club. I had been to quite a few the past couple weekends, only to take my mind off of Kamar. It had been 2 months since I had seen either one of them, but oddly enough, there was a crow that followed me home every day from work. I didn't know if demons could shapeshift into animals, but I remembered seeing a crow when I was in limbo with Damarius. I knew he was still my servant and I could call on him at anytime, but I wondered what they were doing right now. I sighed as the bartender came back by us and I finally gave in.

"Ok, I'll have another."

       We stayed at Rush until about 12:00 and my buzz wore off enough to drive us home. Sharon was half passed out in my passenger's seat as I pulled into her driveway and her boyfriend, Adam, came out. Adam had short brown hair, dark brown eyes, and looked more on the Russian side, but I wasn't a hundred percent sure what he was mixed with. I got out of my car and went around to Sharon's side to help her out when he asked, "How many did she have?"

"Enough to get the job done."

He let out a small laugh. "Well, thank you for bringing her home." He reached down and helped his girlfriend get out of the car. "Come on baby, let's go inside."

They smiled at each other and she waved goodbye to me. "See you tomorrow night, crazy girl!" She said to me, and I waved goodbye as I slid back into my car.

I watched them walk into their house together and he laid a gentle kiss on her forehead. I knew deep down I wanted someone like that, but I couldn't date a human. How would any human be okay with me being bonded to a demon? I shook my head and told myself that I wasn't going to ruin this night. I started up my car and headed home.

**** I pulled into the parking lot at my apartment and just sat there in silence after turning off my car. I didn't know what I wanted out of life, but I knew it wasn't to be a single woman for the rest of my life. I let out a long sigh as I watched the snow begin to fall on my car. The weather channel had been calling for snow all week, and I was kind of relieved when I saw it. I stepped out of my car and just stood there, letting the snow fall onto my black hair. I locked my car before heading up the stairs to my apartment and tried to be quiet as I passed the other rooms. My hands were so cold that I could barely get the key in the door.

"Come on," I groaned, and the door opened with a loud bang.

"So much for being quiet," I muttered, and hoped that none of the neighbors woke up.

I closed the door behind me and made sure I locked it before heading into my bedroom, but there was a strange red blur that flew past me.

"What the fuck?" I jerked my head in the direction I saw the blur come from and a woman with long red hair stood in my living room. She had on a see-through nude gown that didn't leave much to the imagination, and her body was in peak condition so she could easily pull it off. I didn't know whether to be angry that she had broken into my home, or happy to admire her beauty. Her eyes were bright green and her skin was fair with no blemishes. I had to blink a few times to make sure I wasn't dreaming, and then she spoke with an angelic voice.

"Are you Vanessa Solomon?"

I felt oddly relaxed even though there was a half naked woman standing in my living room, and my voice didn't even shake with nervousness as I replied.

"Yes. Can I help you?"

She smiled, and she had the most beautiful straight teeth that you only saw on television. She began walking towards me and placed her soft hand on my face. She was a few inches taller than me, but I didn't have to crane my neck back to look at her. She ran her fingers through my dark hair as she stared into my eyes with such lust. I had a few friends in high school that were lesbian, so the interaction that she was giving me didn't make me uncomfortable, in that sense. But I was uncomfortable by the way she looked at me and I had no idea who she was. I stared into those bright green eyes and forgot about everything else. I could feel myself swimming around in a green lake that was surrounded by sunflowers. The beautiful red head entered the water that I was in and I realized that I was nude, but I didn't feel embarrassed. I looked at the woman as she walked towards me, her naked body not affected by the cold temperature of the water. She placed her hands on my shoulders and began running her hands down my arms. My lower body reacted to her touch, but I knew that I wasn't attracted to women in that sexual way, so what the fuck was going on? I shook my head and tried to take a step back, but she pulled me in for a kiss and I was lost in a world focused on nothing but the softness of her lips. I kissed her back, and the worries of being gay or not had gone far away like they never existed. I let her pull me in against her body, and if it wasn't for the crow that flew above my head, I would have never come back to reality. I opened my eyes and I was lying in my bed with this large ass creature on top of me. This thing had to be like 9 feet tall. It was skinny as fuck and had these long fingers that looked like something out of a Goosebumps book. The head was larger than normal and had very thin black hair as if the body had withered away and could no longer grow thick, healthy hair. The eyes were completely white and were much larger than a human being's. I think it was a girl because it had on a see through gown that... Was this the same woman that I saw before? How the fuck did she go from that to this? The mouth opened up wide enough to take in my entire head, and it revealed sharp pointy teeth that reminded of a lantern fish. I screamed, and reached for the lamp that was next to the bed and shoved it into her mouth. I had to jerk my hand out of there fast so she wouldn't eat that too, and I pushed my feet into her stomach before rolling onto the floor. The tall creature spit out my broken lamp and jerked it's head at me and let out a loud scream. It sounded like it was coming from multiple lips, but there was only two people in this room, and I wasn't screaming. I covered my ears and kicked my black foot stool at her before making a run for the door. Those long fingers grabbed me by the leg, but it didn't hold on long as a blur of black smoke entered my bedroom. I hurried to the doorway and glanced behind me to see that it was Damarius. He grabbed the creature by the neck and threw it against the wall. His hands turned into black demon claws and he sliced her stomach open. The creature screamed and it's body began transforming back into the beautiful woman that I had saw when I got home. What the fuck was she?

"Don't kill me, please," She begged Damarius as she laid naked on my bedroom floor.

Damarius stood there looking down at her with his glowing red eyes. "Why are you here?" He growled at her, his voice sounding so satanic that goosebumps formed on my arms. I slowly began to stand up and let the wall support my weight as I studied her.

"Our King has denied us his bed... because of HER."

"And you think it's wise to kill the woman your King desires?"

The woman looked up at Damarius and I could see her nervousness from across the room. She was afraid of him, and I was glad.

"Only an immortal can survive the sex of a demon. And I know she's human. Does the council know about this?"

Damarius grabbed her by the throat and lifted her body off the ground until her face was eye level with his. He stared at her with his glowing red eyes for a few seconds before ripping her body in two. I let out a yelp and covered my mouth as I watched her body flop onto the floor. There was so much blood... I could feel my head getting light and I quickly made a run for the bathroom. I held my head over the toilet and let out what little I had left of my lunch.

"Vanessa?" Damarius asked as I wiped off my mouth with a towel and came to my feet.

"I'm okay... Thank you," I replied as I turned to look at him. He was wearing dark blue jeans with a plain black shirt and a leather jacket that complimented his muscular upper body. His face was neatly shaved but still had a light shadow of where the hair grew to give him a more masculine look. I didn't realize how much I missed him until he was standing in front of me looking at me with those dark brown eyes.

"What was she talking about when she said the King denied us his bed?"

"Exactly how it sounds. Kamar hasn't been with another woman since you and him went on that date. And usually when a demon becomes King he picks one or more succubi to bed."

"Why?"

"In the old ways, succubi were the only ones that could mate with demons to produce children."

"Is that why she said only immortals could sleep with demons?"

He paused. "No. Sex with a demon can be quite painful, and if we shift into our demon form there's no chance in a human surviving."

"Why? Is it the size or what?"

He looked away as if he was uncomfortable with the topic.

"Damarius... is that what it is?"

"It's more than just the size. Our body temperature raises very high when we turn into demon form, high enough to burn you from the inside out."

"Oh..." I didn't know what else to say to that. You would think that the dead body in my bedroom would be enough to break an awkward silence. I guess I was wrong when it came to sexual topics.

"Well I hate that she had to die for no reason then. We're obviously not together."

"You're not interested in my brother?"

"No, it's quite the opposite I guess. He seems too busy for a relationship. I haven't even heard from him in months."

"Being king is no small task, I'm sure he would like to see you."

"I don't mean to sound selfish, but why can't he tell me that?"

He nodded. "You deserve to hear it from him. But right now he is taking care of his kingdom and making changes to the things he dislikes. I'm sure he will come see you soon."

I shook my head. "I know how that goes. Waiting around for a guy that I like to return with open arms. Yeah, right..." I leaned against the wall with my arms across my chest as I remembered a guy I dated in high school. I had the biggest crush on Chris Watson and he told me that if I waited until Summer he would go out with me. I waited, and when Summer finally came he was dating another girl. I learned very quickly not to wait around for men, and I wasn't going to give my heart up so easily next time. When I found out Kamar liked me, I couldn't stop myself from developing feelings, but now that I hadn't heard from him in months, I could feel an invisible wall building up around my heart. I was shutting him out.

"So what are we going to do with her?" I asked as I stepped back into my bedroom to look at the naked body on my floor.

"I'll take care of it and make sure it get's cleaned up. But first I need to call Kamar and let him know what happened."

He pulled a cell phone out of his pocket and I said, "Whoa whoa. You mean you actually got a cell phone now? Do you know how to use it?"

He smiled at me. "Yes I know how to use it. Kamar got one too since he can't just teleport anywhere he wants to now."

So he got a cell phone now and couldn't even call me? Yeah, I'm completely over this guy.

"Well that's great! Here, let me give you my number incase you ever need it." He handed his phone to me so I could enter it and then I gave it back to him. 

He glanced down at the screen and smiled.

"What?"

"You're the first girl to put their number in my phone," he replied, and I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks.

"Did I say something wrong? Your body temperature is rising."

"No!" I half shouted, completely embarrassed that he noticed the change in my body. Damarius usually stayed strictly business and no time for side comments, so this was a little new to me. Or maybe it was because I was realizing I was single and there was a hot guy in my apartment? Oh yeah, and a dead body.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 6.7K 74
The demon - he only liked one thing shedding blood of people, enjoying to make them suffer. Enjoying to see them dead but until he meet this girl. So...
871K 44.3K 50
When Sam's stalker ex turns out to be an Incubus who is haunting her dreams, she turns to the handsome Demon King of Lust for help. ***** Sam Fox is...
928K 49.6K 95
"You're always falling asleep in my class. It cant keep happening, Novalie." The professor scolded gently at the nursing student who nodded with sad...
19.5K 2K 45
After Tejus's betrayal we wait to see if she can forgive him. Finally knowing who the bad guys are can they over come them together as a united front...