RISE (A Highschool DxD Fanfic)

By RickyRich_27

A forgotten dragon, exiled for being the weakest of them all, returns with a vengeance, to prove her worth to... More

Character Introduction
Eqiupment, Powers, and Skills
Chapter 1 - The New Guy in Town
Chapter 2 - Dream
Chapter 4 - First Day: Part 2
Chapter 5 - Crashing a Date
Chapter 6 - Found Out (not!)
Chapter 7 - New Faces, New Problems: Part 1
Chapter 8 - New Faces, New Problems: Part 2
Chapter 9 - New Faces, New Problems: Part 3
Chapter 10 - Phenex pays a Visit
Chapter 11 - Training
Chapter 12 - Rating Game and Aftermath
Chapter 13 - A Humongous Favor
Chapter 14 - Slaughterhouse
Chapter 15 - Resistance
Chapter 16 - Settling Down. . . Again
Chapter 17 - Duel
Chapter 18 - Teaching a Lesson
Chapter 19 - The Hunt
Chapter 20 - Hunter Killer: Part 1
Chapter 21 - Hunter Killer: Part 2
Chapter 22 - Remediation
Chapter 23 - Truths and Lies
Chapter 24 - Class Observation Day
Chapter 25 - Vampire Trap
Chapter 26 - Prelude to Disaster
Chapter 27 - The Show-Stopper
Chapter 28 - Scorched Earth
Chapter 28.5 - Y/n vs Vali
Chapter 29 - Respite At Last
Chapter 30 - Inferiority
Real Talk
Chapter 31 - Self-Invitation
Chapter 32 - As Equals: Part 1
Chapter 33 - As Equals: Part 2
Chapter 34 - Call of the Wild
Chapter 35 - A Dragon's Reverse Scale
Chapter 36 - Old Man, Young Men
Chapter 37 - Animal Control
Chapter 38 - Mischief Managed

Chapter 3 - First Day: Part 1

27.6K 398 556
By RickyRich_27

". . ." : Dialogue

'. . .' : Thoughts/Telepathy

------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N POV

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"Gah!"

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring at me, and after what happened when I was asleep, the sound scared me half to death. After realizing it was only the alarm, I chuckled to myself because I was being a little scaredy-cat. I slowly got up and walked over to the bathroom for a quick shower before putting on the boys' uniform for Kuoh Academy. I then headed to the kitchen to prepare some toast and coffee. As I was eating, I heard the same feminine voice from my dream.

'Good morning Y/N.'

"Good morning Emynth."

'It looks like today's the day.'

"Yep."

'Aren't you excited?'

"Considering I just found out that this supposedly 'quiet' town is actually crawling with supernatural beings? No, I'm not."

'Oh, don't be like that. Remember, since your my vessel, I can help you along the way should you ever need help.'

Easy for her to say. She's been dealing with these kinds of things for millennia! Me, on the other hand, had just been literally thrust into a reality that just got a whole lot bigger, and a whole lot more dangerous. If anything, she should be worried about me attracting attention from the devils. Didn't she predict that I might panic from all the information that I just learned? I bit down into my toast to keep myself from screaming out loud in frustration.

'Hey, don't forget, I can still read your mind. I know everything you think the moment you think about it, so there's no hiding anything from me. Also, don't you remember? I have an ability that hides my power from supernatural beings, so you don't have to worry about anything.'

"Well, what should I do if your ability fails, and suddenly a whole bunch of devils and fallen angels come rushing at me? Don't you have a fail-safe?"

'Of course I have a fail-safe, dimwit. Remember those pistol swords you held in your dream?'

Those things? How could I not remember them? They were pretty cool looking to me. I mean, don't two pistol swords glowing purple and white look cool? I took a sip of coffee. "Yeah, I remember them. Why?"

'Well, they are, in fact, your Sacred Gears.'

"Okay, and what do they do?"

'I can't say right now.'

"And why is that?"

'BE MORE AWARE WILL YA? LOOK AT THE TIME! YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE!!!'

"!"

After looking at the time on my phone (after recovering from Emynth's mental screaming), I realized Emynth was right. The current time was 8:20 AM, and the bell rings at 8:30 AM. Crap! I'm gonna be late on my first day! I can't make a bad impression like this! I quickly choke down the last of my toast and coffee, then I grab my bag, put on my shoes, and sprinted outside. I made sure my door was locked before leaving.

As I sprinted towards the school, I checked my watch. 8:23 AM. I have seven minutes to make it to the school. As I ducked and weaved through foot traffic on the way to the school, I got an idea. 'Hey, Emynth! Why don't you tell me about my Sacred Gears while I'm running?'

'I don't wanna distract you, but okay. So, you have two pistol swords, their name are: Heaven's Cutlass, and Hell's Razor. As their names imply, one is a holy sword while the other is a demonic sword.'

I nearly ran into a kid after hearing that last sentence. 'Demonic? Why would I need a demonic sword?'

'Because demonic magic is effective against holy beings while the opposite is true for the holy sword. Now stop interrupting! Next, the fact that they're pistol swords means that they will be able to shoot holy/demonic bullets. (A/N: Duh.) Since the pistols are like flintlocks, I used magic to make them self-reloading so that you wouldn't have to waste any time reloading them in battle.'

'Okay, cool. Anything else I need to know?'

'To summon them, just reach out your hands, and in your head recite their names followed by "I summon thee." And, since sword skills were past on to you, I don't need to explain that. And that should be it!'

'Alright, thanks Emynth. Now I can focus on getting to school on time.'

Timeskip

I barely made it on time to class. I arrived outside the classroom panting like a tired dog. The teacher was waiting for me outside the classroom.

"You're cutting it really close Mr. L/N."

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again."

"Since it's your first day, I'll let is slide. But don't let it happen again. Got it?"

"Of course, Mr. . .?"

"Tanaka, Mr. Tanaka. (A/N: I don't know the teacher's name, so I made one up) Now wait here while I get class ready.

He then stepped through the door, and I could hear the sounds of students mingling inside. I suddenly became really nervous, and a bead of sweat ran down my neck. I could here Mr. Tanaka calming the class down from outside. He called my name after the class got quiet, so I stepped into the classroom and into the line of sight of 20 or so people.

"Ohayou Gozaimasu, my name is Y/N L/N. I hope we can get along."

As my eyes swept over the class, I could see some people whispering to each other. They're probably talking about me. Because of my average looks, I never really caught the attention of girls, so thanks to that, I'm not receiving any death glares from the boys in the class. The class looked normal, but something tells me that this school is anything but normal.

"Okay, now that introductions are over, Mr. L/N, you can sit beside Issei Hyoudou. Hyoudou! Raise your hand."

A boy with brown hair then shot his hand into the air, showing me who I needed to sit beside. I headed over to him and sat down in the empty desk beside him. I noticed he had somewhat of a red aura around him, but I bet I was the only one who noticed. Suddenly, some pain shot through my head making me clutch my head with one hand.

'Emynth, what's going on? And what's this pain?'

'Sorry Y/N. I just couldn't help but get a bit angry.'

'Why?'

'Because we've got a bit of a lizard problem.'

'A dragon? Where?'

'Right beside you, you dolt. And what's worse is that this specific dragon was a strong advocate for my exile.'

'So, how are we going to handle this?'

'I have this ability called Pressure that lets out killing intent. I'll let it out, but only long enough to be sensed by everyone, but short enough to keep devils and fallen ones from tracking us. Sound good?'

'Have at it.'

Almost immediately after I gave her the okay, numerous people around the class (and I assume around the school) suddenly face-planted onto their desks. The boy beside me and some other people even fell out of their seats an onto the floor. I had to bang my head on the table to keep myself from busting out laughing. It was just that funny watching people succumb to pressure!

Rias POV

I was busy in class when suddenly I felt a giant wave of killing intent sweep over the schools. Because of how powerful it was, many people, including me, suddenly stopped what we were doing and our bodies fell limp. I tried tracing the source of the pressure, but the time it lasted was too short to let me trace the energy back to its owner. First, I discover the wielder of the Dragon of Domination, and now this? This has certainly got my attention, but I can't solve a problem if I don't know what the problem is. I'll just have to wait a bit longer to see if I can find the source of the pressure.

Y/N POV

A few seconds after Emynth and I released the pressure, my classmates started to pick themselves back up and look around. They all had confused looks, and once I again I had to inflict pain on myself to keep myself from laughing. Everyone started to talk among themselves about what happened.

"Did you guys feel that?"

"Yeah, what was that?"

"Maybe it was an alien attack?"

"What if it was the concussion wave from a nearby explosion?"

People were starting to come up with explanations about the pressure I release. When I looked beside me, I saw the boy with the red aura passed out on the ground. I couldn't blame him, he was the closest to the source. In my mind, I could hear Emynth laughing her head off because of what happened. Fortunately, the teacher didn't give us any lessons or work because of what just happened, so, I say it's a win. For me at least.

Timeskip

Lunch time. One of my favorite parts of the day. It's usually not very hectic at lunch, but as a new student, people swarmed around in the cafeteria while asking questions about me. Where are you from? Up north. Do you have any family? Yeah, but I won't tell you. Why did you move here? Reasons I won't explain. It kept going on like this: them asking questions, and me answering them in a vague way. Eventually, the people cleared out and I was able to eat in peace. But, my peace didn't last when Emynth entered my thoughts.

'Strange, she's not here.'

'What? "She"? Who's "she"?'

'The leader of the devils around here. Rias Gremory, heir to the Gremory household.'

I nearly choked on my food. 'Wait, you means she's here? At this school?'

'Yes, you dimwit! Didn't I tell you that already?'

'Well, it's a little hard to remember bombshells that were dropped right before I went to sleep!"

'Oh, quit your complaining! Anyway, she's supposed to be here, but she isn't and I think I know why.'

'You do? Really?' Suddenly pain shot up the entire left side of my face, as if I was being slapped by someone.

'Of course, idiot! I've lived longer than you, so I know how they think. Basically, it must've been impossible for her to not notice the pressure, so she was probably wondering what the heck it was after the wave of killing intent passed. So, what I'm thinking is that she's meeting up with other devils at this school and they're all trying to figure out the source of the pressure earlier.'

I felt like an idiot for not realizing it earlier. 'Huh. That does sound reasonable. But, my concern is this: Are you sure they can't trace the energy of the pressure back to us?'

'Of course I'm sure. I wouldn't have done it if I knew they would find us. Even if they did manage to trace the energy back to us, which is highly unlikely, you still have the fail-safes, correct?'

'Yeah, cool. That puts my mind at ease. Now could you please stop bothering me so I can eat in peace?'

I then felt Emynth retreat into the back of my mind. I spent the rest of lunch eating alone since I haven't made any friends yet. There were a few students that came from time to time to ask some more questions, but the result was the same as earlier. When the bell rang for us to go back to class, I cleaned up my area and headed back first so I could get some quit time before class starts again.

Timeskip

After the last schoolbell rang to signify the end of the day, I packed up and got up to leave. But as I was walking through the door, I was suddenly stopped by a blonde male. He was looking at me with some expectant look, as if I should know something. Crap! The energy coming off of him is that if a devil. Did they figure me out?! Okay, I just gotta play it cool and hope nothing bad happens. Suddenly the blonde guy spoke.

"Are you Y/N?"

"Uh, yes. Why?"

Come with me, buchou wants to see you."

Buchou (boss)? This didn't sound good. Maybe they did find out about me. But, I can't worry, right? I got two fail-safes just in case, so I should stay calm for now.?

"Okay, but first, who are you?"

"My name is Yuuto Kiba, and the reason for this visit to pick you up, I have no idea."

"Really? That's fine, but I have one last question: Who's your boss?"

"You don't know her? Well, her name is Rias. Rias Gremory."

.

. .

. . .

'Eh? EEEEHHHHHHHHHHHH?!'

To be continued. . .

------------------------------------------------------------

Ehe, I know I said I would update every two weeks, but the truth is I'm going to be inconsistent about updating this. 😅😅
Sorry if this is an inconvenience to anyone, but my life is a bit unpredictable. Anyway, hoped you all liked the chapter, and I'll see you in the next. TheGeniusOtaku out!

P.S. Do you guys want me to use honorifics and/or slip in japanese words from time to time?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 55.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
144K 5.2K 88
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
298K 27.8K 64
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
615K 13.9K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.