Open Hearts - Genji x Reader

By ViperFang25

(I am so sorry to all my friends who are reading this but....I couldn't help it so...GO SHUT YOUR FACE HOLE... More

The New Genji x Reader
~Info and Stuff~
1: New Hero
2: Play of The Game
3: Getting To Know More About You
4: The Meeting
5: Protection
6: Free Day and Forgiveness
7: The Warmth That I Feel
8: His Touch and Your Confession
9: Practice Makes Perfect
10: Halloween Talk
11: Halloween Night
12: Battle Hold (LEMON-ISH!!!)
13: Garden Walk of Memories
14: The Dragons Dance
15: Why Today? (LEMON-ISH!!)
16: Capture the Flag
17: Shots Fired

18: Solo Player

813 15 3
By ViperFang25

Collabed with: Lilsnoot
Days went by since the incident with Jackie boy, and I still don't understand why he blew up when I called him Jack. Hm...maybe there's something he doesn't want us to know? I thought as I sat in the lobby. We were doing a 1v6 type of battle...and guess what? I'm the 1. I sighed and looked out the window, seeing a view of the "battlegrounds." Beautiful Oasis. I flicked my claws out, then retracted them, admiring this future technology. That's when I thought back to the "magic" I had. How could I have these powers? There's no such thing as magic. I shook my head as Athena started talking.

You will get a 30 second head-start due to this being a 1v6 match; as to which you were the chosen "solo player." Your time starts now.

The door opened, giving me the chance to escape the room. I jumped out and ran to the center of the map. I looked around.

"Shit...where to hide!?" I cursed.

That's when I watched the cars move on the roads, smoothly and swiftly. I somehow trusted that the roads would lead me to a hiding spot. I'm guessing the glimmer of the cars and the black, fake pave, roads, hypnotized me. Or it could be because I'm stupid. Anyways, I walked up to the road and followed the cars that passed by. I looked at the time. 10 seconds. Better hurry this up! I started running, and a few seconds later, I saw a tunnel that the expensive cars came in and out of.

"Perfect."

I jumped on top of the skin-toned tunnel, going as far away from the edge as possible. That's when my back hit the barrier. At that very moment, I saw 76, Mccree, Symmetra, Reinhardt, and....ugh...Genji. I realized that I just traveled all the way across the map, and am hiding right next to their base. Wait-a go (Y/n)! I watched as all of them ran away, without even looking behind them.

"Wow...this is so gre-" I was saying before I noticed Symmetra staring right at me.

"Target located!" she said into her ear piece, "Right at base!"

Uh oh...

I jumped down and started running towards a lit up room, the door creaked open just enough for me to squeeze through. I sighed deeply before closing the door and relaxing my muscles-- the tension of this all weighing on me. That's when I heard something that made my heart beat a million miles per second. An alarm went off. I bet you it was Symmetra...damnit! I thought, cussing her out even more. I wasn't sure what to do at first, still panicking a little inside. It's just Symmetra trying to get you to come out. I thought to myself, trying my best to stay calm. I finally caved in to go check when I heard the panicked yells of everyone else outside. Cracking open the door with a slight nervousness, I peeked one eye out. Everyone was still there. Except for.. Genji. Shit.

I went outside, looking past the enemy group, trying to figure out where he disappeared to. I walked past the group, still keeping my eye out for any sudden attacks if it was a dirty trick. That's when I heard heavy footsteps coming towards me from behind, making me turn around and release my claws out from the slits on my suit.

"Calm down, soldier." 76 said in a low, monotone voice.

"...." I stood up straight as he put his gun on his back.

"The match is postponed for now. Genji isn't on our radar anymore, so we're gonna start a search party."

I nodded and started going into deep thought. Genji..? Gone..? I felt my stomach turn into a knot at the sudden negative dark thoughts that strode into my mind. Damn it, Genji! I thought, suddenly a bit frustrated. Genji couldn't be gone. He wouldn't leave on purpose, would he?

"Get ready, if you want to be on the search party anyway." 76 said huskily, walking back towards the lobby area. I followed behind anxiously, wanting to find Genji as soon as possible.

"Alright, soldiers, here's the get down. (Y/N) and Angela, go to area A. Lena and Fareeha, area B. And finally, Reinhardt and I will cover area C."

I felt a ring of disgust go off in my head. Why Angela..? I gave a quick glance at her, noticing her look at me as well. I waved at her slightly before turning around and heading to my room. I grabbed a small duffle bag, casing water, a towel, a small watch, and my music box. You know, just incase I need Shadow. That's when Checkers jumped into the bag, giving me a look of "I wanna go with you, you can't make me move" type of stare. I sighed before quickly grabbing him and placing Checkers on my bed gently.

"Don't worry boy," I gently stroke his head, getting a loud purr from him. "I'll come back... We both will.."

I stood up from my spot before grabbing some extra clothes and other needs. I zipped up my bag and headed out, walking to Angela's door to wait for the devil-- I mean... "Angel". I knew she was nice, but that still didn't change my mind about her. Angela walked out of her room, wearing her Valkyrie suit and all.

"Ready to go, (Y/N)?" She asked, her Swiss accent making her words a bit hard to understand.

"Yeah, now or never, right?" I said as we walked to where Athena directed us. One of the emergency jets would escort us to area A. I tapped my foot impatiently, and we rode to area A in almost complete silence.

Once we arrived, the place looked like a warzone. Clearly it was some form of abandoned Talon hideout, because no other terrorist organization would have the audacity to make their logo and equipment so ugly.

"Alright, I'll start searching over there, you start there, and we'll meet in the middle? Sound good, (Y/N)?" Angela asked, strolling off in the opposite direction. I nodded, walking to the other side. Through all the wreckage, and the god awful smell, I found one thing. Genji's cracked visor.

I pick it up before looking around frantically. "Genji?!" I yelled, running around, having his visor in my hands. "GENJI?!"

It seemed like hours had gone by, with nothing but rubble, dirty, a million smells, and worn down gear all over the place. I held the necklace Genji gave me, tightly. I started panting, my stamina draining faster and faster as I kept running all over the broken property. That's when I noticed a slanted piece of a wall, leaning on the pillars of this place, with a leg sticking out of it. Seconds later, something clicked in my head. The colors were familiar, it HAD to be Genji.

"Genji!" I cried, sprinting in his direction, my heart thundering when I saw his condition. His face was even more cut up than it was before, bruised in certain spots as well. His body was completely motionless, making my heart stop.

I got on him, holding his shoulders gently before slightly shaking him. "Genji, open your eyes! It's me, (Y/N)! Oh god... ANGELA!"

I yelled her name at the top of my lungs over and over again until I saw her figure in the distance, heading over to us. I felt tears stream down my face; I felt like the world was going to fall apart right before my eyes. Angela reached down, putting two fingers onto his neck, I guess to check his pulse.

"He's still alive.. Just barely.." Mercy said, using her staff to heal him as much as possible.

"(Y/N), are you strong enough to carry him back to the jet?"

I nodded quickly, putting one of his arms over my shoulder. I rolled across him, getting on my knees as his body rested on my shoulders. I sighed, slightly pained due to most of my stamina being drained and the constant running. I got up, slightly wobbly. I didn't care. My legs burned from his weight, but that didn't matter; Angela was still behind me, clearly concerned.

After about ten minutes or so, we had managed to haul him back to the jet, his body resting on the seats while I sat on the floor next to him.

"(Y/N), I'm going to get people to help me take him to my office, I need you to tell the others what happened over the coms." Angela said. My face instantly twisted, borderline disgusted at the idea.

"Angela! I'm not stupid, I'm not going to just leave you with him! I'm coming with you, no matter what you say!" I said, my voice slowly growing more and more annoyed.

"(Y/N), please. I need you to inform the others so they aren't out there for hours with no purpose. I could use Fareeha's strength as well."

"Are you telling me I'm not good for anything?" I said, my voice disgusted.

"No, that's not what I'm saying at all. Don't put words into my mouth, (Y/N)!"

"I'm not, you need to stop being so selfish!" I spat, crossing my arms across my blood-stained chest.

"Selfish? Selfish?! I'm trying to do my JOB, and I'm trying to do so EFFICIENTLY, (Y/N)! Do you even care about Genji's well-being anymore? Or do you just like him because of how much of a 'mysterious bad boy' he is or some shit like that?!" Angela said angrily, still attempting to patch up Genji to the best of her ability.

The jet landed, I panicked as Angela waved me away. I didn't want to go "inform" the others. I wanted to stay by Genji. I couldn't let him go... not again. I quickly hugged him, tears falling down my face rapidly.

I love you..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 85 7
Genji Shimada is a college freshman at Overwatch University; a esteemed, private college ran by the two happily married Headmasters, Jack Morrison an...
6.5K 200 7
If you have not read Parts 1-3, You should read them otherwise, this will not make sense. THIS MAY BE A SHORT PART! PART 4: You arrive back at base n...
214K 11.6K 43
❝Don't you think your name is boring?❞ ❝Ha? What do you mean? My name's perfect as it is-❞ ❝Will you marry me?❞ ✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧ A young la...
48.7K 1K 14
You wanted a monster...now you have one. We were told a legend long ago by my father....that there were more than just the north and south dragons. T...