I Choose You.

By Lisamstu

Completed. Kaitlyn's and Lydia's worlds collide in a way they never imagined. But what will happen when these... More

Two hundred years.
23 and Free
Go.
Let me see your eyes.
Let me see yours.
What the F***
Selfless.
Letting go.
Taken.
Wake up.
Thirsty.
Good Morning
Love Bites
Anger.
Hourglass.
Long Live The Queen.
Pass or Fail
Thank You
Yes.
More?
Book Two is coming

Who is she?

14.9K 581 65
By Lisamstu

Kaitlyn.

"I need a vacation." I announced to my friend Jenna as I worked on my paperwork.

"You haven't taken a day off since Marcus." Jenna said quickly regretting her words.

"Don't. Just don't." Trying to quickly change the subject I directed my attention towards Jenna's appearance.

The last twenty years have been kind to her. Her hair is shorter, a darker brown. Her skin and smile flawless. She found her mate and it shows in her. She glows with love and other lustful bullshit that everyone seems to enjoy.

It's something I've never understood. The mate bond. The infatuation and lust. The inability to control who you love.

"You're in your head again." She interrupted my thoughts.

"I know. I'm going to make arrangements to have the next month for myself. Everything will be forwarded to me via email or though mind link."

Technology has helped our kind significantly. We can survey areas more in depth and keep things running smoothly. It leaves me with the ability to delegate the work as needed and have some more free time. The amount of advancements the humans have come up with in the last 20 years has astonished really everyone. And with our intelligence we were able to enhance it as we saw fit.

"That's a good idea, where are we going?" Her eyes told me she was serious.

"I was hoping to go alone." I knew that the council would not allowed me to take a vacation without somebody accompanying with me. Being that I was the queen they wanted me protected. Truthfully, it would be easier taking Jenna this way I wouldn't have to bring many armed guards along.

"Let's go to New York." When she said it I honestly didn't think about it. I haven't been to New York City in a long time. The liaisons I have there do a very good job keeping the city in order. It's rare for me even to get a call from them.

"Yes. The big Apple it is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I made my arrangements I decided to leave my area in the hands of Jenna's Mate Jeffery. Knowing that he wouldn't do a thing without contacting me. Although I will be away I made it very clear that everything must be ran through me.

We're taking a private jet from our main area in California. I keep my private home and the people who work directly underneath me in California. It's significantly easier to hide among the humans in that state. Most of the population there is good looking and conscious of their bodies. It makes it significantly easier for us to blend in.

Regardless of the fact that I'm bringing Jenna I had two guards escort us. They were trained by Marcus many years ago. So I know that they are the best.

~~~~~

"Finally we're here." Jenna was practically jumping with excitement. "Hey, you. Where can a girl go to have a good time here?"

She questioned a young good looking guy. He was drooling over her. His eyes traveling her body.

"H-Hearts. It's the best club in the city." He stuttered but managed to get it out.

"Hearts it is then." Jenna stated giving him a million dollar smile.

"Kaitlyn, it's nearly 8. Let go get ready and we can head over."

"Sure."

She knows I hate nightclubs there's nothing but drunk girls and drunk guys groping each other. The only thing that these clubs are good for is having a few drinks. From people I mean.

It's easier for them to forget what we did to them in the morning. But drinking from a human whose drunk is nearly disgusting. The alcohol taints their blood. It taste disgusting.

At 11 o'clock we arrive at the club. The decorations stand out. It really is one of the best looking buildings in the city. We haven't made it inside as of yet. The bouncers are tough, they seem to be inspecting every single thing about people. It was kind of odd to see that much security at a nightclub.

After handing him our I.Ds He produced two vouchers for the VIP section stating that they were to give these out using their discretion. Attractive woman only.

"What kind of shit is this? The owner is probably up there. I bet he's some creepy ass old guy trying to pick up girls." I complained to Jenna.

"Yeah, or it's a girl. Who knows maybe she's your type." She laughed.

"I don't have a type."

"Seriously, when was the last time you got laid? What's it been like a century? Jesus."

It hasn't been that long. I mean it was easy for me to have sex. I'm the Queen and extremely good looking. But there was nothing there. I haven't been attracted to men since I was 12 and all the girls I meet are fucking boring. Same shit different year.

She started again. "Honestly you need to let loose, hook up, drink someone. Fuck in a bathroom. Act human everyone once and a while."

"We'll see." I laughed.

She was right even at parties in my kingdom it's basically all royalty. Stuck up bitches and men who want to become king.

I don't need or want a fucking King.

"One night won't kill you." She handed me some silver pills. Vampires use them to weaken ourselves enough to feel the effects of alcohol for a short time.

I threw them on the floor and followed her into the building.

The music here was amazing. The lights were dancing with the beat of the songs. The people here seemed to be enjoying themselves. It was unlike any club I have ever been to. You can tell there was no discrimination. Guys are with guys, girls are with girls. Some girls were with multiple guys. I have to admit it has been a long time since I've been out to a place like this.

Jenna and I danced for some time. There were definitely vampires here. Their scents were everywhere. Probably looking for some easy blood.

It was around midnight when I decided to look around. I looked up to the DJ. He was mixing music. Behind him was a woman and she was gorgeous. She was tall, her hair was dark but not too dark and it hung loosely over her shoulders. She had one of the most perfect bodies I've ever seen thin, fit, and curvy in all the right places. I couldn't see her eyes with the lights strobing but she was breathtaking.

I studied her for a few more minutes realizing that she seems to be watching him like a boss watches an employee. I watched her interaction with another employee this time she was clearly giving orders.

Maybe she was a manager.

I was compelled. I needed to get a closer look at her so I told Jenna I was going up to the VIP section. She waved me off not nothing to stop dancing.

The bouncer let me through quickly not letting anybody accompany me who wasn't invited.

Once up the stairs I realize they really have the fans blasting up here. It was much colder. I tried to find her I scanned the upstairs quickly but she seem to have vanished.

"I didn't know we were going to be in the company of royalty."

The statement caught me off guard. When I turned to see who was addressing me I noticed a younger man and woman. Not the girl from before but still very attractive. Instantly I knew they were vampires.

"And I prefer to keep it that way." When I spoke I made sure they understood what I was saying. I didn't want to draw attention to myself after all I was here to try to enjoy my time away.

I studied them quickly realizing that they were wearing contacts. Vampires have perfect vision so it was clear they were hiding something.

"What are your names and why are you wearing contacts?"

"I'm Sam, and this is Kelly. The contacts make it easier for us to blend." He was oozing with confidence but I could tell he was young even for a vampire. The girl didn't speak at all.

"I see." I studied them more which made them uneasy. Around their necks were ID cards.

"You work here?" I question them further. They hesitated but this time the girl answered.

"Yes, but excuse me. The bar needs me to take care of some paperwork our stock seems a bit short."

The guy nodded at her.

I watch the girl he called Kelly walk towards the back door. As she approached door I noticed it open.

There's the girl.

Sam noticed me watching. He tried to pull my attention away.

"If there's anything I can get you while you are here be sure to let me know." His efforts failed miserably.

I noticed Kelly push the girl back into the room. It wasn't forcefully but I could see the look of confusion on the girls face.

She was far away. The opposite side of the building. But it only took seconds for it to hit me. I felt the wind from the fan brushed across my face.

Everything stopped.

What was that smell? It Engulfed me. It captured my every sense. I felt my body cover in goosebumps. It made me thirsty, happy and horny all at once.

"Who was that?" I turned to Sam. He was no longer standing beside me. He had disappeared into the crowd. I caught a glimpse of him running through the door that Kelly pushed the girl through.

I couldn't follow them. Not without causing a scene.

I would have to come back.

I need to find out who she is.

I found Jenna dancing with some girls and I pulled her aside.

"Let's go we're leaving but before you start complaining we're definitely coming back tomorrow."

I know once we get back to the hotel I'm going to have a lot of explaining to do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 104 23
For the hopeless romantics like myself🤭(start might be a little slow but trust me it's worth it) Scared to feel, scared to love, scared to live. She...
Morgan By S

Romance

18.6K 1.6K 40
Morgan *completed* A filler between (book 4-5) of the Alberta series. Morgan Keaton...unlucky in love, that is an absolute understatement. I'm curse...
1.2K 73 42
When I first saw my neighbor, My heart is racing, and I can't see anything. I felt pain in my heart. Just seeing a girl made me feel like I had a hea...