Identity | h.s

By mindlessxwriting

not everyone is who they say they are. More

Identity
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
a/n
PLEASE READ

Chapter Sixteen

134 20 3
By mindlessxwriting

After talking with Harry yesterday at the coffee shop, I seemed to have become a lot more intrigued about him. Sure, he is pretty closed off in some way or another but we all are, really, we all have something to hide. But I know there's more to Harry than just a guy covered in tattoos and goes to school.

*****

School today wasn't too bad at all, I spoke to Harry in English and at lunch and I tried getting some information on Harry from Scott in French, but that was a hit and miss. I guess I'll just have to get to know him tonight.

Speaking of tonight, I only have 20 minutes until Harry gets here. 7pm he said, sharp, so I'm counting on him actually turning up this time.

I finished applying some make up and straightening my hair before padding over to the chest of drawers in my room to look for spare tights to take with me - I tend to rip my tights somehow, so I like to take a spare just in case. I opened the draw and shoved me hand in before searching the draw. All I could feel was my underwear, until I came across something hard, I furrowed my eyebrows before gently gripping the item and pulling it out.

My jaw dropped and confusion took over me.

It was a hand gun.

What the fuck was it doing in my draw? I knew my dad had one or two guns around the house somewhere, but not in my own room. It must have been put there recently, because I would have noticed it otherwise.

"It's yours to keep in your room in case something happens." A voice sounded from behind me. I gasped before quickly turning around. My dad was standing in the doorway with his arms crossed over, staring at me.

"What?" I said nervously. Sure, I've trained with multiple guns in the past year, but I still get shook up holding one, and knowing that this has been in my room makes me feel quite uneasy.

"You may need it sometime, you will never know, and I just wanted to be sure that you would be safe if I ever have to away on work again - which of course happens a lot." He sighed.

"But, I don't-"

"I know you don't want it, but it's just for me to feel more at ease when I'm away." He argued.

"Dad, I can't, I really can't keep this in my room." I argued back.

"Please, Destiny, it will give your old man some peace of mind." He sighed once again, looking at me with pleading eyes.

I hesitated before nodding then placing the gun back in it's original position. I can't say i'm comfortable with this at all, but if it calms my dad's mind then I guess I should keep it here. 

"Thank you and just so you know, it was Alec who put it there, not me, in case you were wondering. Where are you going tonight?" He asked, scanning my outfit choice.

"Just out for a little bit, I'm not sure where though." I smiled before eventually finding my tights and closing the drawer shut. I walked over to my bag and slung it over my shoulder before checking the time on my phone. "Look, Dad, I have to go, Harry will be here in-"

"Harry?"

"-two minutes." I finished. 

"You're going out with Harry? He's trouble, damn it. How many times do I have to tell you." He pulled his hair before taking a step back.

"Dad, I'm 18, I can go out wherever and with whoever I like." I said sternly. I quickly patted my outfit down before brushing past my dad then running downstairs. 

"Destiny Sierra Hills, do not walk away from me like that." My dad shouted from the top of the stairs. I scoffed before swinging the door open and taking a step outside, I quickly slammed the door shut then turned to walk down the stairs, but instead I bumped into a tall figure.

"Oops" I said with embarrassment. I looked up to see who it was. Harry. I smiled to myself but quickly recovered by clearing my throat.

"Hi." He smiled. 

"Hi." I sighed.

"You know, I am pretty sure that all we really do is bump into each other, literally." He laughed. "You ready?" He asked, motioning his head to the staircase.

"I just realised that, how weird, and I sure am, let's go." I said. I took a glance at what Harry was wearing. He wore black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt that quite literally clung to his toned torso. I then glanced at what I was wearing and smiled. I guessed that when Harry says "casual", he really means it, so I decided to wear a pair of pale blue jeans and a floral top with my light pink vans.

"You look great" He complimented as we stepped out onto the pavement.

"Thanks, as do you. Are we taking your car or?"

"Yeah, we are." He smiled.

"Okay, and where are we going, may I ask?" 

"You will soon see." He smirked. "But I hope you weren't expecting a typical date, like a fancy restaurant and that sort of shit. I mean, that's not me, I don't do that." He laughed.

"I hate that sort of stuff."  I scoffed, rolling my eyes. He clearly thought that I was a typical girl, who loves the simple and obvious things, like flowers, going to the movies, or a restaurant. But no, not me.

"Good." He smiled. 

"How long until we get there?" I groaned. I am such an impatient person sometimes.

"Have some patience" He joked. "Uh, about 5 minutes I'd say." He turned his his and smiled at me before facing the road again.

After another 20 minutes - yes, 20 minutes - of driving, we finally arrived at our destination.

"Five minutes, you said" I rolled my eyes which earned a deep chuckle from Harry before stepping out of the car.

"I did, didn't I" He smiled before pulling me along the path. I looked up at the sign just ahead of me to see where we were going.

"A shooting range and a bowling alley?" I asked, smiling to myself as I knew I'd have an upper hand to both of these.

"Yeah, I wanted to try something fun, we can go somewhere else if you want to." He looked down at his feet as we carried on walking to the entrance.

"No, no, this seems pretty cool" I beamed, before tugging his hand signalling him to walk faster. I know I said earlier that I get shook up holding a gun or whatever, but I want to show Harry that I'm not a "goody-goody".

"Okay, we will go to the shooting range first, if that's alright with you." He said as we stepped through the entrance and made our way to the desk at the back of the (very) big room.

I gulped before replying. "Yeah of course, I'll beat your ass at this." I smirked.

"Don't kid yourself, love. I'm far too good at this sort of thing." He laughed as we arrived at the desk.

"Just the two of us, mate." Harry said to the guy behind the desk. 

"Harry, my main man, how ya doin'? The guy with blonde hair chirped.

"I'm good pal, and yourself?" He smiled. I looked between them both as they spoke to each other. The guy had lovely, bright blue eyes. I never really believed people when they say eyes sparkle, but now I do, his eyes quite literally sparkled in the light. His nose way pretty cute too if I'm honest. Wait, is that weird of me to think about such a thing when I don't even know his name? I shook away the thoughts before listening in on their conversation.

"Who's this lovely girl you brought with ya? You together?" He asked with confidence. Harry laughed before replying.

"No, mate, we are not together. Niall, this is my friend from school, Sierra. Sierra, this is my other friend, Niall." He introduced us. I flashed the guy - whom I now know as Niall - a friendly smile.

"Nice to meet ya babe. Now go shoot some targets." He shooed us. 

"Niall, we need the guns, you idiot." Harry chuckled. "A pistol for the both of us will do, thanks." He said. Niall nodded before handing Harry and I a pistol each. I smiled nervously at Niall before following Harry to two booths.

"Alright, so let's make this a competition. Whoever gets the most shots in the center 3 circles in their own target, wins."

"Okay, so what happens if I win?" I asked, we may as well make this somewhat serious.

"You decide. But, if I win, you have to kiss me." He said. I lightly chuckled to myself before agreeing.

"Let's do this." I smirked as I made my way to my booth. I looked at back at Harry who was also walking to his booth which was next to mine.

"Would you like me to demonstrate how to hold the gun and how to stand?" He asked. I shook my head as of course, I already knew how to do this sort of stuff, but he had no idea about that. "Are you sure? I mean-"

He was cut off by the sound of a gun shot, coming from my gun. Harry's mouth dropped as he stared at the target.

"Hell yeah!" I shouted before glancing at Harry. He turned his head to me before speaking.

"You got it right in the center. How the fuck did you do that on your first go?" I silently laughed to myself before replyng.

"Watch out, I might win this." I laughed before taking another shot, which again, was in the center. I glanced at Harry for a second time as he took his first shot. "Second ring, good, but not good enough." I joked. Harry sighed before taking another two shots.

"You were saying?" My mouth dropped as I looked at his target, he got them both in the center of the target, too. I hesitantly took my third. I pulled the trigger and quickly scanned the target. Center of the target again.

"Damn. Okay, last one, forget the last results, if you win this one, then you win overall, but if I do, then I win overall, if we get the same then we will just do it again. I'll go first." He smirked. I took a breath as I waited for him to pull the trigger. I squeezed my eyes shut at the sound of the gunshot before quickly opening them. Second ring once again. I rolled my eyes before taking my position.

I positioned the gun in the right place so I was confident that I would get it in the center, but I didn't want to hit the center, so I moved the gun over slightly and took the shot. The bullet went through the outer ring and all I could see was Harry's jaw dropping for the hundredth time tonight. Literally. I walked out of the booth and headed to a nearby table and placed my bag on it as I waited for Harry. I looked up and saw Harry strolling towards me.

"You have a good aim, well done. How did you learn to shoot like that? Although I am quite surprised that you missed the last one?" He asked. I shurgged my shoulders before replying. 

"I don't know." I smiled.

"I still won though" He sniggered. "And you know what that means." He pointed to his lips.

I stood up straight before leaning into him slightly. He put his hands on my hips before placing his forehead on mine. I stood on my tippy-toes so I was eye-level with him. Harry parted his mouth slightly and as he breathed, the mint of his gum filled my nose. I shut my eyes before leaning in a little more and finally kissing him.

Damn. Again I am so sorry for taking so long to update, but now I am getting excited because things are finally going to be happening! 

And I was wondering, do you ship Sarry/Sirry? (I don't know what their ship name should be?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.4K 767 48
Can we get over love that we lost? Can we replace someone we loved so dearly?
6.3K 203 37
•Sometimes, actions speak louder then words•
603 3 61
12.5K 196 47
You don't always get to choose who you fall for.