The Secret Hale| Derek Hales...

GreysWolf202 द्वारा

Brooke Hale, sister of Derek hale. Not able to share her real name to others, as all records of her existi... अधिक

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty two

thirty one

921 24 6
GreysWolf202 द्वारा

Brooke's POV

It's been a week since everything at the station went down. After all the chaos, the police found Matt dead in a river. He drowned, which was his worst fear. I started to feel bad for the kid, until I found out he was obsessed with Allison. Literally, he has been Photoshopping pictures of them together for weeks. He's also been photographing her while she's in her bedroom. Stalker.

The only positive, Sheriff Stilinski got his job back.

I haven't spoke to the boys in a while, we've all been busy with our own problems. Stiles has been taking counseling sessions for several things, mostly anxiety,and Scott is dealing with his mom finding out about him. She's been avoiding him ever since she saw him wolf out, locking herself in her bedroom when they're home together.

Of course I feel bad for Scott, his mother is all he has left. He also hasn't been talking to Allison either, which is partially her choice.

Ever since her mother died, she's been all for the dark side. She's dead set on killing Derek, which adds another reason for us to not be friends.

I have been spending my spare time with the betas, joining in on their training sessions and staying home when I could be out with Scott and Stiles, if they were hanging out, which they're not.

This has caused my relationships with the betas to grow. Erica isn't as bad as everyone says she is, in fact, she's one of the coolest people I know. Boyd is a sweetheart. He will join in our our joking, but for the most part, he's kept to himself.

My feelings for Isaac have grown as well, which doesn't frighten me as much as it did before. His bad boy image still stands when we're in public, but when it's just me and him, he's a loveable goofball who couldn't hurt a fly.

If only he would show other people the real him.

But, a few days ago, Derek and his pack have gone into hiding. Why? Because Gerard is the one who has killed Matt, which makes him the new Kanima Master.

And since I am also a Hale, in danger of being killed, I've gone into hiding with them.

I said my goodbyes to Stiles, telling him to relay them onto Scott. Maybe that will force them to talk. Then, we left for the woods.

For some reason, Derek decided the old house was the best place to hide. I, however, think that it's the most obvious place ever.

When we arrived, mine and Derek's car were to be parked in the trees where they could be seen. I immediately got the chills as I walked through the front doors of my old home, reliving the moments of the fire. This seems to happen when I don't visit in a while, like the ghosts of my family are punishing me for abandoning them.

Isaac seems to notice my tenseness, placing his hand on my back. I turn and look up to the tall blonde, giving him a smile before pushing further into the house, throwing my bag onto the dusty couch.

"Do you know how long we're going to be here?" I question my older brother, who has dropped his belongings by the stairs.

He shakes his head, "As long as we need to be"

I roll my eyes at his bluntness, watching as Isaac drops beside me. I throw my head on his shoulder, which makes Derek stiffen. In the last week he has gathered that the two of us have feelings for each other, but we have yet to talk about it. He's not going to be delighted.

Isaac glances down at me, "You worried about the game?"

I gasp, sitting up straight, "The championship game! How could I forget?"

The lacrosse game is tonight, the one that Scott, Stiles, and I have been looking forward to for a long time. We've got good chances of winning this year, and I want to be there to celebrate.

I look over to Derek, who is already glaring at me.

"Please?" I hold my hands together, giving him the puppy dog eyes.

Derek huffs, "We'll see"

I'm taken by surprise, hopping off the couch and grabbing Isaac by the hand, "That's as close to a yes as we're gonna get. Let's go before he changes his mind!"

Derek doesn't seem to protest as we run out of the house laughing, hands interlocked as we charge toward my car. In fact, I might have heard a chuckle emerge from my brothers chest.

Together, we hop into the Camaro and I start it up.

"Where are we going?" Isaac asks, which makes me drop my shoulders.

"I'm not sure, I didn't think we would get this far" I glare at the steering wheel.

"Why don't we stop by the clinic, see if Scotts there?" Isaac suggests, which makes me furrow my brows.

"Okay, if you really want to" I nod, taking my foot off the break and starting down the road.

His want to go to the clinic concerns me. He's never really been a fan of Scott, what changed his mind? But then I glance over and notice he's not wearing his leather jacket. Isaac notices my staring, and for the first time, he doesn't smirk and make a witty comment. He grabs my hand and places it in his.

"Have you decided to drop your image?" I question, hoping the answer is yes. Maybe people will see the same Isaac I've always seen.

Isaac nods, "It's not who I am"

I smile, "I've always thought shy and adorable looked best on you"

Isaac scoffs, gently shaking his head. His cheeks flush a pink color, making me gasp.

"Was that a blush I just saw? The Isaac Lahey just blushed? I think I might have to pull over and regain my composure" I over exaggerate, pretending to take deep breaths.

"Shut up," He gives me a playful shove, "Just pull into the Clinic"

I do as told with a giggle, parking in one of the many empty spaces. Together we get out of the car and march up to the door, but I stop just before grabbing the handle.

"You know I'm joking, right?" I tell Isaac, "I'll like you no matter what. Bad Boy or not."

Isaac softly smiles, kissing my forehead before muttering, "Thank you"

His small words caused my heart to burst. How many times has Isaac been told that people will like him for him? Knowing his past, probably zero. Isaac deserves so much more than he's received.

I finally pull open the front door, the ding chiming throughout the whole clinic. Immediately, all the animals in the store go insane. Isaac seems nervous or upset, causing me to narrow my eyes. Before I could question it, Deaton and Scott walk into the lobby.

"Isaac, Brooke," Deaton smiles enthusiastically, "We're open"

He walks over to us and breaks his mountain ash barrier, allowing us entrance. Scott looks thrilled to see me, and even runs to give me a hug.

I accept his tight embrace, mumbling a, "Hey, Scott"

"Where have you been?" Scott furrows his brows, "You just left without saying anything"

I stutter, "I-I told Stiles to say bye for me. I didn't have time to stop by your house"

Scott looks to the ground at the news, making me sigh.

"You still haven't talked to him" I realize, shaking my head. Unbelievable, I'm gone for a few days and all hell breaks loose. They're best friends, why haven't they made up?  If we're being honest, I don't even know why they're mad.

Scott does the same before walking back into the operating room, Deaton following close behind. On the table is a big white dog, who is whimpering loudly. On the table next to him is a large needle.

Isaac approaches from behind me, placing his hands on the metal table, "Why does it smell like that?"

Deaton just chuckles, placing his hands on the dog to look it over.

"What?" Isaac questions, glancing at all of us. My face holds a small grin, but also sadness for the poor dog. I've always wanted a dog, but with our living conditions, it's never been possible.

"Scott said almost the same thing to me a few months ago." Deaton explains, making Scott nod, "One day he could somehow tell the different between which animals were getting better and which weren't."

"He's not getting better" I confirm, glancing down at the dog that does in fact smell like death. It's a sad thing, really. I definitely couldn't be the one to put a dog down.

Isaac looks over to me, then over to Deaton. There's Sadness is in his eyes, something I haven't seen on his face in a long time. He's very good at hiding it.

"Like cancer?" Isaac asks.

"Osteosarcoma. It has a very distinct scent, doesn't it?" Deaton nods his head, answering his own question.

Us three werewolves agree with him, glancing at the dog. He lays still, his whimpers soft now.

"Come here" Deaton motions for Isaac to come closer.

The blonde does as told, his hands placed in his pockets.

"I know you're well aware of what your new abilities can do for you. Improved strength, speed, and healing. You ever wonder what it could do for others?" Deaton questions, looking at Isaac suggestively.

My lips turn upward as I remember the first time I ever took someone's pain. It was my sister, Cora, who had fallen and scraped her knee. It was badly bleeding, and me being the nice sister, I ran to her and placed my hand on the wound. I wasn't aware of most of my abilities yet, so when my veins turned black, I began screaming. My mother soon ran to my side and explained what was happening, guiding me through the process as I continued to take Coras pain. It's an overwhelming feeling, really.

"Give me your hand" Deaton places his outward, and Isaac hesitantly places his hand in Deaton's.

Isaac's hand is gently placed on the dogs, and his veins do the same as mine once did with my sister. As the blackness slowly crawls up his arm, gasps and short breaths sound from Isaac's chest. Once the dog stops whimpering, Isaac removes his hand and watches as the last of the blackness vanishes into his body. He takes a few steps backward toward me, and I place my hand on his back.

"W-what did I just do?" Isaac asks, still holding his arm that was used for healing.

"You took some of his pain away" Scott smiles, which makes Isaac widen his eyes.

"Only a little bit. But sometimes a little can make a lot of difference" Deaton confirms.

I glance upward, seeing that Isaac is wiping a tear away. He's trying to hide the fact that he's crying. My soft smile turns into a wide, toothy smile as I watch his emotion.

"It's okay. First time he showed me, I cried too" Scott tells him.

Now, he's not trying to hide it as much, sniffling as he looks at the dog enthusiastically.

"Have you done this before?" Isaac asks me, wanting to share this amazing ability with me.

I nod, "I have. It's overwhelming, yeah?"

Isaac smiles as Deaton picks the dog up in his arms, carrying it into the back room. I take the dogs place, jumping up and sitting on the table. Isaac stands beside me as Scott begins cleaning up the room.

"They're leaving tonight, Boyd and Erica" Isaac says, making my shoulders fall. This is why he truly wanted to come here.

Right, I forgot to mention that. They don't want to be in Derek's pack anymore, so the two are leaving to find a new one. Derek warned them of the dangers, but they still want nothing to do with us.

They'll learn that running away from their problems never work. They'll just run into more.

"So, why are you telling me?" Scott asks, glancing between the two of us.

"I'm asking you. Im asking for your advice" Isaac admits, making Scott stop what he's doing to pay full attention to us.

"From Me? Why?" Scott is confused.

"Because," Isaac looks to me, "I trust you."

"Why?" More questions from Scott.

"Because you always seem to want to do the right thing." Isaac admits, making me smile. He really is changing, and the fact that my friends from both sides can get along makes me happy.

"I usually have no idea what I'm doing" Scott says, "Actually I have no idea what I'm doing, ever."

I furrow my brows, remembering what he told Gerard in the hallways, "Do you want to let us know what you're doing right now?"

"I'm not going anywhere, if that's what you mean. I have too many people here who need me." Scott looks at me with a confused look, to which I just look to the ground.

"I guess that makes me lucky cause-- cause I don't have anyone, so" Isaac mumbles, making my head snap in his direction.

"You have me" I say before I can even think. Scotts body stiffens at my words, and I know there's no going back now.

I take Isaac's hand into mine, "You have me"

Isaac still looks sad, trying to avert my gaze. This causes me to drop his hands in confusion. He wasn't being like this earlier.

Scott clears his throat, trying to pretend he didn't see our exchange, "Are you going to go with them?"

"Yeah, yeah I think I will" Isaac's words are like a stab in the chest, and now he looks into my eyes.

I didn't expect tears to form in mine, but they did. Isaac mumbles something to Scott, but I didn't hear it.

Why didn't he tell me he was going to go with them?

The words, "Jackson was at practice" snaps me out of my trance, causing me to blink the tears away quickly.

"That means, he'll be at the game tonight?" Scott asks Isaac, which Isaac confirms. All of us sigh in frustration and fear, knowing The Kanima has something up his sleeve.

I hop off of the table, turning to Scott.

"So, see you at the game tonight?" I ask. He nods, giving me a hug before I go.

Isaac and I trudge out of the clinic together, him in sadness and me in shock. We take our places in my car, and I sit for a moment, thinking.

Isaac breaks the silence first, "I was going to tell you"

"How could you just leave?" I ask in frustration, "How could you just leave me? After I said those things in front of Scott, how could you still want to leave?"

His mouth drops open, and he hesitates for a moment, "I-- I didn't think you were serious about this, Brooke. I'm not trying to be rude, because I really like you, but I thought you had feeling for Stiles"

I take a deep breath, the tears that were in my eyes before coming back. I can't keep this from the two boys any longer. I've let it go on long enough.

"I have feelings for both of you," I say, "And-- I shouldn't have let this go on for as long as it has"

Isaac stares at me, and when I glance over, his eyes have tears as well. Looking at him makes me realize how much I actually care about him, which means what I'm about to say is going to be hard.

"Don't stay for me," I choke, "If you want to leave, leave. I'm not worth staying for"

"Don't say that, Brooke. It's not true" Isaac mutters, both of us trying to hold in the tears, to not show weakness.

I shake my head, "Don't let me influence your decision. I want you to be happy, Isaac"

Isaac turns away from me with a deep breath. I do the same, slowly starting the car.

"I think I'll walk back, let us both clear our heads" Isaac nods, wiping his cheeks quickly.

I sigh, "Yeah. Goodbye, Isaac"

"Bye, Brooke" He mutters before hopping out of the car, shutting the door cautiously behind him.

For all I know, that could have been our last time together. He may leave the game with Erica and Boyd, and I could never see him again. The thought of this sends a pang through my body and a small sob to escape my lips. You never know how much you need someone until you're about to lose them.

Selfishly, I want him to stay. But I want him to be happy, and if I can't stop liking Stiles, he can't be. Maybe it's best for both of us to just move on.

So, I put the car into gear, wipe my eyes, and take off down the road.

~~

I sit by Scott in the locker room before the game, just after listening to Jackson tell Danny to "Stay in the goal and run the other direction if Jackson runs at him". Just a bit concerning, isn't it?

I've been sulking ever since my conversation with Isaac, and Scott has been able to tell.

"So, is he really leaving?" Scott asks me.

I shrug, "I don't know."

"You really care about him" Scott says, confirming it to himself rather than asking me.

I nod, "Yeah, I really do."

Maybe I should have told him to stay, that I would be with him, but the thought of being with Stiles kept popping into my head. What is wrong with me?

Speaking of Stiles, he's across the room, glancing over at the two of us. I send him a friendly wave, which he returns, looking happy that I'm here.

Before I could walk over to him, Coach comes into the room with a bullhorn.

"Good morning," He starts, " In less than an hour, aircraft from here will be joining others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. That word should have a new meaning for all of us today. We're fighting for our right to live"

To this, all the boys scream. I just sit in confusion. What the heck is he talking about?

"But as the day the world declared in one voice...we will not go quietly into the night. Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!"

Ah, a speech from a movie. I glance to Stiles to see if I'm correct, mouthing, "Movie?" He nods.

Once again, I start to walk over to him, but the voice of an old man halts me.

"I might have chosen something with a little more historical value, but there's no denying your passion." Gerard pats Coach on the shoulder.

I freeze in my tracks, panic filling my body. Of course he's here, he's the freaking Kanima master.

Gerard wishes us good luck, with a bit of a threat toward Scott, then tells us to get on the field. His words "Only one co-captain leading us" haunts me.  That means either Scott or Jackson isn't playing, and my bets are not on Jackson.

When Scott runs to Coach in panic,Coach confirms it, Scott is not playing this game. Gerard's orders because of grades.

If Scott doesn't play, someone is going to die tonight. And with Isaac not here, there's no werewolf on the field. Just Jackson.

I fast walk toward the field, catching up with Stiles on the way. He's just as panicked as I am.

"We're screwed" I mumble, to which Stiles nods his head. He doesn't say anything in return, but his eyes soften as he looks to me. I'm not sure how he's be calm in such a stressful moment.

"I haven't seen you in a while," Stiles changes the subject, "You still doing okay?"

"Define 'okay'." I huff, making his eyebrows furrow.

"Im fine," I assure him, "I should be the least of your worries right now."

"I always worry about you, you're a little uh, how do I put this nicely, mental?" Stiles chuckles, giving me a slight shove.

I shake my head with a grin, "Get out there, keep that bench nice and warm"

"I do nothing better!" Stiles chuckles, jogging ahead and plopping down on the bench dramatically to make sure I laugh. It works, I chuckle and follow him over.

I sit down on the bench next to him, "Hmm, seems a little cold. You're not that great at your job"

"You didn't give me long enough. Just wait till the first quarter is over" Stiles tells me.

"I'll be waiting" I cross my legs with a laugh, Stiles chuckling as well.

Scott them comes over, placing himself on the other side of Stiles. I raise my eyebrows, wondering how this is going to go.

"Your dad here?" Scott asks

"Yeah," Stiles points to the stands, where Sheriff is next to Melissa, "You seen Allison?"

"No. You seen Lydia?" Stiles asks, making me look to the ground. I'm so foolish, falling for a guy who's in love with another girl.

"Not yet" Scott says, looking over to me to make sure I'm okay. I nod my head subtly.

"Did you figure out what's going on?" I ask Scott.

He shakes his head, "Not yet"

"It's gonna be bad, isn't it?" Stiles questions, "I mean, people screaming, running for their lives, blood, killing, maiming kind of bad?"

Scott hesitates, and like I was afraid of, he says, "Looks like it"

There is a small, awkward silence, which I don't fill. Maybe the boys will work out this tension.

Stiles goes first, "Scott, the other night, seeing my dad get hit over the head by Matt, you know, while I'm just lying there and can't move, it's just-- I want to help, you know? But I can't do the things you and Brooke can do. I cant.."

"It's okay" Scott assures him with a soft voice, looking his best friend in the eyes for the first time tonight.

"We're losing, dude." Stiles huffs.

Coach sticking his head in between Stiles and my head causes me to jump as he says, "What are you three talking about? The game hasn't even started! Now put on your helmet and get out there"

"What?" Stiles' eyes grow wide, him looking to me in confusion.

"You're in for-- Greenburg" I check my clipboard, finding that Coach had Stiles as a substitute.

"What happened to Greenburg?" Stiles looks around in hopes to find him.

"Greenburg sucks! You suck slightly less." Coach nods with a smile.

Stiles hesitates, taking a deep breath, "I'm playing? On the field? With the team?"

"Yes, unless you'd rather play with yourself" Coach scoffs.

"I already did that today. Twice" Stiles admits, making me gag. He looks to me with a stunned look on his face, to which I reply "TMI"

Coach pushes Stiles onto the field, Scott and I cheering for him as he jogs out there.

"Scott--" I grab his arm, "Stiles is on the field. Stiles is playing!"

Scott nods, "Yeah, yeah I see"

I squeal, ecstatic for my best friend. But, then I remember someone on the field is probably going to die tonight, and my excitement chimes down a few notches.

All of a sudden, Scott starts to perk up, his eye twitching. I look around the crowd, seeing Gerard staring straight at us.

"Is he talking to you?" I question. Scott simply nods, and I make the decision to chime in.

"When that scoreboard clock begins counting down from 30, if you haven't given me Derek, then Jackson is going to kill someone" Gerard says.

I sit up straight, looking straight at Gerard and letting out a low growl. He sends me a smirk.

"Hello, Brooke. You're welcome to play as well" Gerard shrugs.

"So tell me, kids. Who's going to die tonight? Should it be Scotts mother, who so bravely came to support you? Or the sheriff, your best friends father, and the person Brooke considers family. Or how bout the pretty little redhead who managed to survive the bite of an alpha? Or maybe one of these innocent teenagers with their whole life ahead of them. It's up to you. But you are going to help me take Derek down"

"In your dreams, old man" I say under my breath, willing to do anything to protect my last remaining blood relative, my older brother.

The game whistle is blown, starting both the game and our clock.

"What are we gonna do?" I question Scott, already looking frantic even though the clock is at 11 minutes.

Scott hesitates, "We're gonna watch a lacrosse game"

I huff, I trust my friend, but I also know Gerard isn't bluffing. Someone will die at thirty seconds.

The remainder of the game is completely terrible. Stiles has been tackled about a million times, and at one point, I thought he broke his neck. If he catches a ball, he freezes. If he tries to scoop the ball, he can't get it into his stick. It's a disaster, and we're losing 2-0.

Now, he gets hit in the helmet with a ball. This is embarrassing, someone needs to get in there and help them.

Scott must have the same idea as me, because he jumps up from his chair. Coach is quick to sit him back down, reminding him that he's not playing today.

"What are we gonna do?" I ask for the second time, but Scotts eyes aren't on me, they're focused behind me.

I turn around, seeing a familiar blonde approaching, wearing the number 14. My heart begins to beat faster as I stand up from my seat, trying to convince my brain that what my eyes are seeing is correct.

Isaac opens his arms as he approaches me, and I leap into them. He smiles, planting a long, passionate kiss on my lips just before hugging me tight. At the moment, I wasn't worried about anyone seeing our exchange. I was overjoyed that he decided to stay.

"You aren't leaving?" I question as he sets me on the ground.

Isaac shakes his head, "You said earlier that you want me to be happy. You make me happy, Brooke. I could never leave you"

"But-- what about Stiles, I don't want to hurt either of you" I admit. It feels nice to open up to one of the two about my feelings, but it hurts to tell them they aren't the only one.

"You are worth fighting for," Isaac places his hand on my cheek, "And one day, you're going to be my girlfriend"

His last words were spoken with confidence. He plans on winning me over, to make sure I don't end up with Stiles, and that romantic movie plot makes my heart melt.

As usual, Scott breaks up all of my moments with his signature throat clear. Isaac and I both turn to look at him, my look a little more angrier than his.

"You came to help?" Scott asks the blonde.

"I came to win" Isaac sends me a quick glance before looking to the field, signifying his sentence had a double meaning.

Scott then takes the time to fill Isaac in on what Gerard has told us, or more like threatened us with. Isaac takes it all in and evaluates it in his head.

"So do you have a plan yet?" Isaac asks.

"No," Scott shakes his head, "Right now it's pretty much just keep Jackson from killing anyone."

"That might be easier if you're actually in the game" I roll my eyes, watching as Stiles gets tackled again.

Isaac nods, "We have to make it so that Coach has no choice but to play you."

"How?" Scott questions, "He's got a bench full of guys he could use before me"

I think we all have the same idea circulating in our head, injure all of our own players. Usually we wouldn't want to do that, but desperate times call for desperate measures. It's either they have a broken arm, or they get killed by Jackson.

"Can you do it without putting anyone in the hospital?" Scott asks

Isaac breathes heavily, "I can try"

And with that, his helmet is on, and the blonde is out on the field. My heart races more knowing that both Stiles and Isaac are out in the field, but I feel reassured knowing Scott will be out there soon.

Within the first five seconds, Isaac has already knocked one of our players down. Coach yelled at him, of course, and sent Ramirez in. I made sure to write in my clipboard the substitution.

Down goes another one, Murphy goes in.

One after another, Isaac continues to knock our own players down, despite Coaches frantic yelling.

Isaac continues to whizz past all the opposing players, making sure to only injure our own. Sounds strange, but it needs to be done.

Just as he goes to knock the last one out, Jackson comes out of no where and plows Isaac. Scott and I both stand up from the bench and peer onto the field. Isaac is on the ground, and not moving.

I take off before Scott does, running on to the field and crouching down beside Isaac. He's awake and responsive, so that's good. Jackson must have paralyzed him.

"It's not broken, but I can't move it," Isaac reassures me, "I think he nicked me, it's spreading fast"

Isaac is lifted onto the stretcher and begins to be lifted away, but Coach runs up to us and halts the paramedics.

"Lahey, take off your jersey and give it to Williams" Coach orders, pointing to me angrily.

"Wh-- why me?" I ask, watching Isaac slowly take his shirt off. He struggles due to lack of feeling in his limbs, and the paramedics have to assist him, But eventually, he gets it off and hands it to me.

"Because you're playing. Without you, we have to forfeit." Coach explains.

My mouth drops as I freeze in place. Me, actually getting to play in the game? I decide not to protest, sprinting away to put pads on just after making sure Isaac is going to be okay. He told me to go play, and that he'd see me after the game.

I quickly pull on all the protection before slipping on Isaac's jersey, which is three sizes too big. A helmet is thrown on my head by Scott.

"Remember, one more player so I can get in, okay?" Scott places his hand on the side of my helmet. I nod quickly, causing him to tap my head before shoving me onto the field.

As I take my first step into the field, my heart begins to pound. Between the screaming fans and all the tall, sweaty boys around me, everything was overwhelming. I could hear Sheriff, Melissa, and Lydia cheering extra loud just for me. I wish Derek was here, he would have been happy. Or, maybe he wouldn't since I'm in the field with the Kanima.

The whistle is blown, and we get the ball. Before it can even be thrown, I ram my shoulder into Ramirez, sending him straight to the ground.

"Sorry" I mumble just before Coach lets out an ear piercing "Williams!"

"Sorry, coach!" I shout back, watching him fiddle with his thumbs before pushing Scott toward the field.

With a smirk, Scott trudges toward me with his stick in his hands.

"It's time to win a lacrosse game" I smirk. I've been ready for this since the first day of school last year. I would be amazing by now if Derek hadn't have made me quit.

The whistle is blown again, us retrieving the ball for the second time in a row. The kid with the ball makes the smart move to pass the ball to Scott, and now, the game is on. The two of us run side by side, and he allows me to block for him. I send my shoulder into the kid running straight at us. He obviously underestimates my size, because him flying into me only causes him to fly through the air. I keep on running, not even losing my balance.

But, as I was busy with this kid, another one seemed to sneak around me. Scott gets thrown to the ground, and right behind him, so does Stiles. This wasn't like the first hits. This one was hard and aggressive, and it sent Stiles further back than I've ever seen anyone be thrown.

The boy who threw him down still looms over him, so I walk over furiously and stand between the two.

"Back up" I order, listening to Stiles get off the ground from behind me. He is really struggling.

The kid chuckles, "Sorry, I don't take orders from a girl"

I nod my head and smile, "Alright. Suit yourself"

I turn back to Stiles, letting him know that I'll be guarding this guy, and he can guard the guy I was assigned to. Hoops and hollers sound from that guy and his friends, and I don't bother to say anything. They'll learn that they should have kept their mouths shut once that whistle blows.

I set up in position just in front of the big kid who pushed Stiles. He stands about 6 inches taller than me, easily 150 pounds heavier. He continues to trash talk me, but I zone it out and concentrate on the play about to be made.

Again, the whistle is blown, and immediately the boy and I collide together. The only difference is, the minute I push my shoulder into his stomach, he's on the ground and I'm standing above him.

"Maybe next time you'll think twice about not taking orders from a girl" I spit sarcastically, turning around to embrace the cheers from the crowd. They're all chanting my name, and I can't help but crack a smile before going back to find the ball.

In all the chaos, I didn't even realize Scott wasn't here. Neither is Gerard, which is a bit concerning, but I know Scott can handle Gerard. Jackson is still on the field, so Scott can easily take the old man. So much for taking down all those players so he could play.

A few plays later,We're only down by two. It's the fourth quarter with five minutes left. It all comes down to this.

The play begins, my team charging the other team in efforts to score just one more goal. But in all of our attempts to stop each other, we all realize that no one knows where the ball is.

I glance around frantically tying to spot it when my eyes stop on the stray boy standing outside of the tackling. Stiles stands alone, the ball stopped right in front of him.

"Stiles, go! Shoot the ball!" I yell. This seems to snap him out of his trance as he scoops the ball up and begins running down field, screaming at the top of his lungs.

I run behind him, mentally screaming as he stops right in front of the goal and freezes. I think everyone in the arena was yelling at him to shoot, and when he finally did, everything went silent.

The ball sinks into the goal, and the crowd goes insane.

"Yes!" I scream, running to my best friend and hugging him tight.

"I scored a goal!" Stiles cheers, holding his hands in the air excitedly. He returns my hug with a wide grin spread across his face.

There is still game left to be played, so our celebration was short, but will definitely continue later. After that goal, Stiles was unstoppable. It was like a totally different person out there. He was swinging around people left and right. It kinda reminded me of Scott. He even managed to tie the game!

As the whistle is blown for the final play of the game, I take off at a sprint toward the opposing goal. The ball is thrown to Stiles, who catches it with ease and runs close behind me.

Everything seems to fall into slow motion, my steps, the heavy breathing around me, and the ball flying through the air. But when the ball lands in the net, everything speeds back up.

Stiles just scored the winning point.

The crowd and the players erupt into celebration and excitement, all of the boys jumping on Stiles to form a dog pile. Stiles glances toward me just before he gets tackled, obviously wanting to run toward me.

I stand back and smile, laughing as I watch them all get back up ,but still continue to celebrate. Who would have thought I would have played in a championship lacrosse game and won?

I glance toward the scoreboard to take one last look at the final score, just to take in the feeling that we actually won, but my excitement is faltered by the time on the clock.

Thirty seconds remain, which means it's time for Gerard to strike.

My eyes search the field for Jackson, but I can't seem to find him over the tall boys blocking my view. What I do see is Scott standing on the sidelines, his eyes meeting mine. I jog over to him just as the buzzer goes off, sending the crowd into celebration once again.

"Nothing happened" Scotts eyes are wide, "Nothing"

Just as he says this, all of the lights on the field go off, leaving us in total darkness. Scott quickly grabs onto my bicep and pulls me closer to him.

Now, instead of celebration, screams of terror erupt from the crowd.

My first thought is Stiles, but Scotts grip on my arm is stopping me from going anywhere. He's frozen in fear, his eyes just watching all the people around him run frantically.

"Scott!" I shout, but that doesn't seem to get his attention. I continue to try and yank away from him, but his grip is strong.

I can hear Melissa's frantic screams for Scott, and I think that's what snaps him out of his trance. His hand releases my arm and he looks at me with fear written all over his face.

"Mom!" Scott shouts just as Melissa runs into his arms. It's good to know they they've made up.

"Are you okay?" Scott questions her just as they pull away from their hug.

"Yes, I'm fine but someone is hurt" Melissa points to the field, where someone is laying on the ground.

My breath catches in my chest, please don't be Stiles.

Just before I can move toward the person, the lights on the field flicker back on. Coach gets the crowd of people just before I can, ordering everyone to step back. I follow him through the open gap, my eyes landing on the boy laying on the ground.

It's Jackson.

Melissa and Scott push past me, Melissa dropping down toward Jackson in efforts to help. A big sigh escapes my chest as I realize it's not Stiles,but for some reason, I still worry about Jackson.

"Jackson?" I hear Lydia yelp from behind me, "What's happened to Jackson?"

Quickly, I turn around and grab Lydia by the shoulders before she can spot him on the ground.

"Hey, hey," I turn her around, "Don't go over there, it's not good"

Her eyes widen as she glares into mine, "I-is he okay?"

"He's not breathing" Melissa clarifies, which makes Lydia snap around quickly.

I huff, my efforts to cause her less pain from his failed. So much for trying to help.

Melissa quickly lifts Jacksons jersey up, releasing three large claw marks on his stomach. They're bleeding profusely. Everyone in the huddle shares a loud gasp.

"Oh my god, there's blood" Lydia mutters, taking a step back toward me. I place my hand on her back, which she allows, and takes a step into my side.

With shock written on my face, I look up to Scott. Isaac stands to his right, and together they look at his hand. Blood on his claws. He did it to himself.

Melissa looks up toward Lydia, "Get down here and hold his head"

Lydia does as told as Melissa begins doing compressions. Coach pulls his phone out and dials 911. The rest of us stand in shock as they try to bring the dead Jackson back to life.

I feel a hand placed on my shoulder, and turning around, I find Sheriff Stilinski. He's glancing down at Jackson, but quickly pulls me into a hug once he realizes I'm not the one on the ground.

"Where's Stiles?" He asks me.

I begin spinning around, my eyes landing on each boy in a uniform. None of them are Stiles.

"I- I don't know. He was just here" I stutter, my words soft as I begin to worry for my Best friend.

Sheriff begins to panic as well, frantically asking everyone where his son is. I cross my arms across my chest and begin to take deep breaths.

Surely he's fine. Gerard said he's only killing one person, and Jacksons dead. Stiles is fine.

As much as I tell myself that, I can't find myself to believe it.

I quickly look over to Scott and Isaac, who both hold worried expressions as well. I scoot my feet over toward them, finding myself wrapped up Isaac's arm.

I stand watching as Melissa continues compressions, all of my excitement of the night no longer existing, but instead replaced by worry as I think about Stiles.

~~

Sorry it took so long to finish this chapter I had some really bad writers block (which will explain why it's not very good oops)

So after this chapter, who do you think Brooke will choose?

Brooke still has some big news coming her way, most of you know what it is.

Please leave a like and comment letting me know your thoughts on this chapter.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

95.2K 1.5K 15
Season 1 Zoey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall who has been a werewolf since she was ten and now being sixteen and finding out her brother w...
1.3K 50 10
PART 1 Beth and Stiles start dating but afew weeks later he starts acting weird... Beth is the twin sister of Scott McCall. She is a part of Derek Ha...
11.1K 238 24
Derek Hale × OC Alex McCall returns to Beacon Hills after receiving a frantic call from her mother regarding her younger brother, Scott. Alex's inst...
3.3K 123 27
Derek Hale IS DEAD! Well... Sort of dead. After being attacked by one of Kate Argent's Berserkers, Derek dies and suddenly wakes up back in Beacon H...