Drowning / SM

By miazebrose

{COMPLETE} Alyssa went to the Starbucks near her home as every day to do her job as a waitress and that's whe... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103

Chapter 51

2.5K 79 78
By miazebrose

"Do you know the address?" I ask and try to act normal because I don't understand why would they change the location of the party. 

"Yes, Matt sent me the address." He says while getting in the highway. 

I know that the journey will take a while so I take this moment to talk with Josh because I didn't talk to him since my mom's surgery. I mean, not seriously. I don't know what to talk about but we used to tell everything to each other and I won't lie to myself but since I met Shawn, since I started working at the agency and since all my mom's problem got worse, I couldn't hang out a lot with him. And it's really crazy because I met him only when I started working at the Starbucks when my dad left us but those past few months were enough to let him take a huge place in my life. 

"Josh?" I ask, unsure of myself and wait for an answer but he just looks at me and nods. "How are you?" I ask, really caring about the answer. 

People are always asking other how they are and if they're okay but the fact is that most of the time, they don't even care about the answer. They just ask because that's what people usually do. Because it'd seem weird if they don't but the weirder is that people say things without even thinking about them, they say things because they're used to and not because they're worried about how the person in front of them is doing. 

But I really meant it when I asked Josh. 

"You wanna know how I'm doing??" He says with a chuckle but then gets serious when he understands that I wasn't joking. "Things are going good, I saw my grandparents and I realized that I really missed them... Then I finally found a real job as a model and I have the best friend ever." He says and looks at me with a smile on his face which makes mine in turn. "I also started dating someone..." He adds when he focuses back on the road but still smirking. 

"No way!!!" I jump because of happiness, I swear that this boy will always surprise me. "Why didn't you tell me earlier???" I add and calm myself down. 

"I wasn't sure but now I am and she's really nice..." He says and laughs. 

"What's her name?" I ask but this made his smile fade away. 

"Jenny..." He says almost in a whisper and my eyes just get out of their orbit so much I'm shocked. "I'm kidding"

I sigh of relief because I was having a bad heart attack... I think I would have gone crazy if it was true but fortunately, it isn't. 

"I swear to god, Josh..." I start with my hand on my heart. "I'm happy for you it isn't Jenny though!" I say and he gets in a giggle that I don't understand because I was dying. "It isn't funny," I say acting mad. 

But it doesn't last for a long time because he gets serious again. 

"How is my little princess going?" He asks and I can't help but smile. 

I would say that I'm totally fine because, again, that's what people say but I can't lie to Josh. And even though I'm fine, I'm still misunderstanding some things. Everything is getting fixed slowly but I'm afraid. I'm afraid that the day I'd be fully happy, something happens and everything falls around me again. 

"I'm scared Josh... My mom is healing and I got the job at the agency but I feel like something's wrong with Liam..." I start talking about my brother and he instantly turns to me, frowning. "Sometimes he gets mad at little things or even when there's nothing to get mad about and most of the time it's after his soccer training... I don't know if there's something wrong or if it's only because of his puberty" I continue but Josh cuts me off. 

"He's only 6, Alyssa! I'm sorry but it can't be the puberty..." He says and finally parks his car in front of the building. 

"Maybe it's just because he's throwing the anger he has because of dad over other people but... I don't know... he's not the same... and there's also Cameron who insists on hanging out with me and there's also Shawn... And I'm totally lost, Josh." I say and the only thing he does is getting out of the car and I do the same. 

He walks around the car to join me and cups my cheeks with his hands. 

"Listen. Liam is probably going through something... maybe with his friends or maybe because of your dad. Then, judging by the least that I saw of Shawn, I don't like him. He acted like shit when he was at the Starbucks with Jenny while Cameron defended you. It's all I can say. Now you get in this building with me and we're going to enjoy this night, okay?" He says and puts off his hands of my face. 

"Okay," I reply and we get in the building. 

After a few minutes and a few floors, we finally reach the door and we already can hear the music coming from inside the condo. 

We ring the doorbell and who opens us doesn't surprise me at all. 

"I'd have killed you if you didn't come!" Teddy shouts over the music and I just laugh as an answer. 

There are a lot of people with the music really loud and everyone with a red goblet in their hand. I already regret coming here. 

I'm definitely not getting drunk tonight. 

Josh starts walking away to join his friends and I stay with Teddy but she directs me to follow her. 

"Where are we going?" I ask but she doesn't reply. 

Once she stops walking through all the dancing people, trying to get away from this toxic vibes, I recognize all the boys from the studio that I saw earlier today. 

"Alyssa! How are you doing?" Brian shouts over the music and i mouth him that I'm good. "Don't be shy! come with me and dance!" He says, going totally crazy which makes me laugh. 

"I can't dance," I laugh but he grabs my arm and tries to pull me on the dance floor. 

"He's not going to give up until you dance" Geoff tries to convince me in turn but I swear that they don't want to see me dancing. 

Fortunately, or should I say, unfortunately, Jenny interrupts us and talks before I have the time to. 

"She'd make a fool of herself only by walking on the dancefloor." She says and everyone around stops laughing. 

Brian lets go of my arm and she crosses hers over her chest. 

Stay calm, Alyssa. 

"I know and that's why I said that I can't dance... Do you want to add something that could be interesting or are you just going to stay here and act like shit only to get some attention?" I say while trying to contain my anger inside. 

Seeing her is enough to make me go crazy. 

"Oh, darling... I already have all the attention of the world, I don't need yours." She says which makes me laugh. 

"She's not worth it, Alyssa." I turn to see Teddy but I can't just let Jenny step on me as if I was a pooh. That's not gonna happen. Not again.

I ignore her and focus back on Jenny. This time, there's no job keeping me from getting angry. 

"You already have all the attention, right?? And that's probably why you needed to cheat on your boyfriend not to get forgotten." I say. her eyes totally widen and her cheeks went red because of the anger. 

I shouldn't have said that. 

This is going to end wrong. 

"Alyssa!" I hear a voice from behind me but I don't turn back. 

"I don't know what you're trying to do but you're not going to have anything from MY boyfriend. He doesn't even care about you." SHe says with a smirk.

This hurts me right in my heart and I just try to convince myself that she's lying because I don't want it to be true. 

It can't be true. 

I get closer to her.

"I'm not trying to do anything and you must be totally crazy and lost to doubt about 'your boyfriend' or to think that a girl and a boy can't be friends," I add, looking straight into her eyes. 

"You girls should stop," Someone says but they get cut off by the devil. 

"You're totally irrelevant but thank god he prefers me over you. I'm the one he chose." She says while playing with her hair and this pulls me in an anger that I can't control. 

"Alyssa!" I hear Josh from behind me and even though I'd normally listen to him, I ignore him the same way I did with Teddy. 

"You say that I'm irrelevant but I'm not the one who belittles others to give herself importance. Besides, I don't get why you're trying to get into a competition with me while I don't care about this whole shit at all. I'm definitely not going to belittle myself to an idiot like you." I say and start walking away but then I stop and turn back to her. "Oh... and between you and me... I'm the one who's wearing his hoodie... Seems like I'm not as irrelevant as you say... That's all for me." I say and everyone seems to be shocked. 

I'm about to get out of here when I feel her hand slap my cheek. 

She slapped me. 

 She dared. 

-----

Hi everyone! This chapter is much longer and I hope that you enjoyed reading it! Tell me what do you think it's going to happen next!!

Love you all. 

-----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 91 24
Shawn moves to LA for some certain reasons and gets to know a girl named Nora. They spend a lot of time together, become really close friends but the...
41.7K 912 59
~ Completed ~ Serenity Falls has been traumatized her whole life. A horrible monster from her past, a best friend who abandoned her, she is left comp...
85.5K 2K 142
Started: November 2018 Finished: June 16 2019 Anna's POV "Ugh why is life so complicated" I said on the phone to my best friend Mara. Today has be...
152K 4.3K 58
Creating a Fan account on Twitter, Alyssa is noticed by Shawn Mendes. After talking for a bit, they plan to meet up and end up in a relationship. Wit...