Drowning / SM

By miazebrose

{COMPLETE} Alyssa went to the Starbucks near her home as every day to do her job as a waitress and that's whe... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103

Chapter 47

2.5K 80 20
By miazebrose

A few days passed by with my mom getting well, my brother still acting weird sometimes, the lessons in the university, the Starbucks, and the Agency.

Talking about the Agency, Mister Mayer called me this morning for an appointment to finally sign the contracts and I'm so happy, I can't wait to be officially hired. He asked me to get there after lunch so I first got to the Starbucks to do my job as always.

Also, Josh finally came back.

"Aly... Your best friend is here!" Josh says which confuses me because he's my everything at the moment.

I raise up my head while cashing the man who ordered a drink and my heart just skips a beat.

"Fuck." I curse when I look up to see Jenny entering the diner.

"Too late, you can't hide..." Josh teases me and chuckles with an evil smirk.

I give him the worst look ever but I get interrupted by the devil by itself.

"Give me a coffee Mocha," This hoe says with her sunglasses on.

"Wow! The witch is reborn from her ashes at what I see!" I reply with the same tone she used and start the preparation.

Her smile grows and her mouth is still chewing the gum that's in it such as a cow. That's Jenny, nobody can change her.

"Well, you can thank Shawn... I was at the lowest but now we're back together." She says and my heart just stops beating which makes the drink slip from my hand.

The hot coffee smears on the floor which, visibly, makes her laugh her ass off.

"What?" This is the only thing that I can manage to say.

It takes me some minutes to finally realize what she said and I get back to reality when my boss shouts me to clean what I did.

"Oh... Little Alyssa seems to be shocked... Don't tell me you imagined something with him... No... You can't have the Shawn Mendes..." She says in a calm tone and just gets out without even taking her drink.

"She's a bitch, I'm sure she's lying." Josh tries to reassure me while helping me to clean the liquid that I dropped on the floor.

"How could you know..." I say, trying not to seem sad or angry but the knot in my throat just makes me want to cry.

No, Alyssa. You cried enough for people. Don't.

"Nobody is good enough for you, darling... You know that." Josh says and I look up at him. I smile at what he says with my eyes sparkling but when I'm about to reply, I'm cut off by my ringing phone.

I stand up and look for it in my pocket.

< Shawn Mendes is calling >

I stare at my phone, hesitating if I should pick up or not.

"Pick up... It may be important..." What Josh said is enough to convince me because he's the wise person who makes me make the right decisions.

I look at my watch to check when my job finishes and I realize that there still are 5 minutes left.

"Don't worry, I've got your back..." He says and I quickly kiss his cheek to get out.

"Thank you," I shout so he can hear me and he smiles at me.

Once I'm out I pick up and raise my phone to my ear but I don't say anything.

"Hello?... Alyssa?..." He asks and after a moment, I answer.

"Anything you want?" I say firmly so he just gets to the topic instead of asking how I am doing.

"What?... Ummm... Yeah... Mayer probably already called you to go to the agency but I wanted to see you before the official meeting.." He says, sounding like he's hesitating but the only thing that I'm thinking about right now are the words Jenny said about 10 minutes ago.

"Why?... Jenny probably won't agree with this." I say angrily and get in my car.

"Why are you talking about her?..." He first says but then remembers something "Oh no... Alyssa... can you just come over... Please?" He sweetly asks but it doesn't change the fact that he hid something that big to me while he knows a lot about me.

"I've nothing to tell you-" I try to argue but he just cuts me off and takes the speech.

"I need an opinion on a song and... I wanted yours because you probably never listened to any of my songs so it'd be a great thing to have a new 'ear' to judge it but... it's mostly because you might understand me." He says but I don't let him finish and turn on the engine of my car.

"Where are you?" I ask while getting out of the car park.

"At my condo... thank you." He says and we hang up.

A few minutes later I receive a text where he gives me his address and I just drive away until I reach the building I was looking for.

I take my things and get out of the car to walk in the massive construction where Shawn is living. The hall is really big, spacious and bright even though it's only a building entrance.

I take the elevator and get out of it when it reaches the floor I asked for. I nervously walk to the door Shawn indicated me and knock on it.

I wait a bit and it opens on the tall man at who I'm really mad.

None of us talks and he just directs me to get in the condo which is exactly like the building entrance. A large, bright and cozy condo.

"Thank you for coming..." He says while getting in the living room which is opened to the entrance and to the kitchen.

The three in one room. A huge room that could be enough for like 3 families and I'm not even exaggerating. It's a simple apartment with every furniture in white or grey. Basic but so beautiful.

Even though there are many of his things laying everywhere, it still seems really tidied up which surprises me a bit.

"You like it?" He asks and I turn to him.

"I like the view." I simply reply but the view is awesome and the bay window makes it even more beautiful.

He chuckles and I focus back on him who's plugging his phone into speakers.

I sit on the sofa and watch him standing in front of me, next to the television and the speakers... I don't know why he's doing this and what is wrong with him but I can't wait anymore and ask him.

"So... Jenny is back right?" I say while looking down, at my hands.

"She called me a while ago, begging me to forgive her..." He admits and puts his phone on the coffee table.

"And you forgave her because she asked you to, right? I wish life was that easy" I ask with a tone of anger because I don't understand how he could forgive her while she cheated on him.

He seems to get embarrassed because he runs his hand through his hair and puts the other in his jeans' pocket.

"No... It's not what you think it is, Alyssa... I just figured out that she's like that and that she was insecure... she doesn't trust herself. That's probably why she doesn't act well with people..." He says and walks to sit next to me but I get up from the sofa at the same time and face him from above.

"But how can you forgive this fucking hoe who left you at your lowest?? How can you forgive her while she doesn't even care about how you feel?... Why can she get everything that's good while she's literally a bitch?" I show him my anger and raise my voice because I can't contain myself. I can't let her break him once again.

"Why are you getting mad at me while you date someone who acts like shit to you as well?" He gets up and walks to me, frowning.

He's definitely not happy with what I said about Jenny and I know that if I argue more, I'll just say things that I will regret.

"I don't know how I'm gonna understand your song while I don't even understand what you're doing with Jenny," I say and sit back on the sofa.

We're both reacting a way, friends shouldn't and we know that but we can't admit it. We can't break our deal. A promise is a promise.

A silence falls on the condo but it's immediately filled with the voice notes that come from the speakers.

And I instantly recognize it.

The song from the party.

Of course, I understand him.

-----

Hey everyone! This chapter is pretty long and I hope you liked it! tell me what do you think about it!!

Love you all.

-----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 9 36
"Hey guys! You look AMAZING," Shawn says while looking at me with a smirk then turning to Jess, he pauses before saying "Jess" 0-0-0-0-0-0 In the cor...
22.8K 533 36
A teenage girl by the name (Y/N) loses her parents in a car crash two years ago and since then she has been living on the streets. She has no food or...
132K 2.2K 50
Savannah dealt with a lot of traumatizing things in the past, her only way out was through Shawn's music. Her best friend, Vanessa, was there all the...
1.5M 31.7K 66
Book #1 in "The Tutor" trilogy. - "Helaina, you're failing physics." Mrs. Hernandez says to me. Suddenly, the whole world starts spinning. I grab ont...