Like You ✦ {Bucky Barnes}

Autorstwa HarperEPierce

She doesn't remember. She can't. As much as she tries to, she can't grasp onto anything. Her father tells her... Więcej

Chapter One: The Avengers
Chapter Two: Wanda
Chapter Three: Talks and Explanations
Chapter Four: I Can be Myself... Mostly
Chapter Five, Christmas Special Part One: Where's the spirit?
Chapter Six, Christmas Special Part Two: Friends and... Mistletoe
Chapter Seven, Christmas Special Part Three: Recovery and Competition
Chapter Eight, Christmas Special Part Four: Sweep Me Off of My Feet
Chapter Nine: There's Something about Dani
Chapter Ten: A Job Offer and a Public Announcement
Chapter Eleven, Valentine's Day special: A little Fun on the Day of Love
Chapter Twelve: The Newest Avenger
Chapter Fourteen: Vacation Plans and Secrets
Chapter Fifteen, Spring Break Special Part One: We got Layed upon Arrival
Chapter Sixteen, Spring Break Special Part Two: Birthday
Chapter Seventeen: The Mission
Chapter Eighteen: Old Friend
Chapter Nineteen: Playing with Fire
Chapter Twenty: The Truth
Chapter Twenty-One: Divided
Chapter Twenty-Two: I Need You
Chapter Twenty Three: A Marvellous Ending
Epilogue:
Author's Update

Chapter Thirteen: The Date

6.4K 130 101
Autorstwa HarperEPierce

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry that it's been so long since

I've updated, but I simply got some writer's block. Anyways, I have to say that it'll be a while before my next update, because I'm going on vacation for March Break!

I also have an original story that I just recently posted! It's called War Enemies, so go check it out! See you guys in a bit!

Fun fact: it's Bucky Barnes's 101st birthday today (March 10th)

- Harper E. Pierce

As a couple of weeks had passed, and Bucky and Dani had been doing a lot of sneaking around, lying and making sure no one was suspecting anything. Dani still longed to go on a date with her boyfriend, but from her perspective, he didn't seem up for it.

Bucky honestly had no idea how he was going to ask her. He hadn't told Wanda about their relationship yet, and hoped to ask her for some advice. He planned to tell her today, but wanted to ask Dani first, just for insurance.

That morning, he woke up, took a shower, and got dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans, tight green 2/4 shirt with buttons at the top with a pair of slip-on shoes. He took the elevator to Dani's floor, asking FRIDAY to make sure she was awake. After getting the okay that she was, he made his way over to her bedroom. Bucky opened the door, and his eyes widened; Dani was getting dressed.

"HOLY SHIT!" She screeched, quickly turning away from him, "WHY DIDN'T YOU KNOCK?!" She was wearing jeans and a bra, but no top. He immediately averted his eyes, but looked again as something caught his eye; a long, white line that seemed to cross her lower back. As she whipped around, her hair uncovered more of them. A look of concern immediately flashed upon his face.

"What the hell is that?" He asked, a little too harshly. Dani turned back to face him quickly, with a lasting look of panic, but then smiled to cover it up.

"Oh, nothing." She lied very poorly. The concern immediately overtook any embarrassment from what had just happened, and he briskly walked to towards her. She backed away, until she was up against the wall. He almost pinned her against the wall.

"Dani...," he asked her lowly, "please...," his blue eyes looked almost sad. She couldn't resist that stupid puppy-dog look he was giving her. She bit her lip uncomfortably, and slowly turned to her back to him. He lifted up her hair, and saw multiple long white lines, all across her back. "Oh my god." He muttered under his breath.

"HYDRA. Every time I failed a mission, or went rogue." She explained sadly. "It's why I only wear long sleeves, or I wear a lot of makeup to cover it up." He hung his head, but quickly turned to anger for a reason to get back at them.

"I'll kill them," he whispered.
"Buck, you promised Steve not to go after them, we'll all get them eventually." She reminded him. Through gritted teeth he sighed. "Now get over there, I have to put my shirt on!" She lightly pushed him away from her. He laughed a little. She slipped on her shirt, which was a baby blue long sleeve cropped tulip top.

"Can I turn around now?" He whined a little.

"Yes, and knock next time for god's sake! I could've been completely nude!" She scolded.

"I wouldn't have minded," he smirked, kissing the top of her head. She lightly punched him in the arm as they walked out of the room.

"Pervert."

"So I wanted to ask you something kind of important," he said, "I wanted to ask you if Wanda should know." Dani shrugged.

"If it's just Wanda, fine. It's not like she can't read our minds and find out that way. Don't tell Steve, 'cause he'll... "

"Spill within a matter of seconds, because he can't keep secrets? Yeah, I know."

-

After breakfast, Bucky had asked Wanda to go to her floor with her. At first she wondered why, but then concluded that it was something important, so she let him follow her.

"So what's the dire situation?" She asked him.

"You're going to need to read my mind for this one, then I'll explain." He said. She raised a brow, but closed her eyes anyway. When she opened them, they were wide.

"You're playing a dangerous game, Bucky," she warned him.

"We're not telling Tony. She said it herself,"

"Look, Bucky, I'll keep your secret. But if someone else finds out, I can't guarantee that they will too,"

"I know, but I love her, so I'm willing to accept the risk."

"One thing I will comment on, is that I totally ship it! You're so cute together!"

"Oh god, please no fangirling. I've seen some of the fanfictions about Dani and I online already, and some of them scarred me for life. Especially one called Like You by Harper E. Pierce. She's so weird!"

"I warned you that once you became an Avenger, that would happen."

"Anyway, I wanted to ask Dani out on a date tonight."

"Aw! Your first date since 1945?!"

"Yes, but please stop the fangirling and help me!"

"No promises, but I can help you." She smiled. After a couple hours of showing him the new customs of dates and dating, she finally decided that he was ready to ask her. Although he hadn't decided, he also made it up in his mind that he never would if he didn't now.

He made his way back up to Dani's floor, where she was sitting on the couch in her living room, reading her favourite book, Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. She was engrossed in the read, very clearly, because she didn't hear him come in, nor acknowledge his presence.

"Hey Dani," Bucky smiled, kissing the top of her head as a greeting. She smiled back warmly, and put down her book, letting him sit down beside her. The second he sat down, she cuddled into his arm, not caring that it wasn't human one.

"Hi." She smiled stupidly. Bucky laughed; it was cute to see her so warm and fuzzy.

"I wanted to ask you something,"

"What is that?" She sat up, legs crossed on the couch and looking at him with her big brown eyes.

"I wanted to ask- if... a-you wanted... but you don't-"

"Buck, just say it."

"Iwantedtoknowifyouwantedtogoonadatewithmetonight." He spoke really fast. Dani's eyebrows raised, but she chuckled a little.

"Mind speaking english?" She joked. She received an eyeroll in return.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to go on a date with me, tonight?" He queried, finally getting some sort of signal that she understood. Her eyes immediately brightened, and her expression turned into a grin.

"Of course, but we'd have to keep it on the downlow. Paparazzi, and my dad. If the paparazzi sees us together, they're going to make up some sort of story that'll make headlines."

"That's okay. We'll just try to steer clear of cameras."

"So, where are we going?"

"I was thinking the new IT movie. It looked really good. I also know that you like horror movies. Any dinner recommendations that are under one hundred dollars?"

"Haha, you're so funny," she rolled her eyes, "I like a place called Kasbah grill. Not too expensive."

"Never heard of it."

"I'll book a reservation. No need to dress up for the date, it's a pretty casual place. Seven o'clock okay?"

"Definitely."

-

Dani wore a black flowy mini skirt, a strappy red cropped tank top, a black leather biker jacket, black suede boots that sat over a little over the knee, a black shoulder bag with silver decals and a silver bracelet and feather pendant necklace. She left her hair in a curled perm down, and put on some silver eyeshadow and red lipstick. She was ready to go, and it was almost seven. It was a casual date, otherwise she'd be wearing a dress or a top that was a little more of a formal attire. She sat on the couch in her living room for a while, picking up that book that she so dearly loved to read, until someone stepped out of the elevator.

Bucky was dressed in a light blue button shirt with dark jeans, and he wore a pair of black timberlands. His hair was down, and he had trimmed his beard.

"My lady," he offered his arm to his girlfriend. She giggled, stood up from the couch and took it, walking out of the room with him.

"Oh shit, I left my keys upstairs. Mind if I go and get them?" She asked him.

"Not at all," he blinked. She nodded and went up to the team's floor, seeing a bunch of them on the floor, either watching TV or working. Dani walked over to the counter in the kitchen and grabbed the keys to her sports car, a black Lamborghini.

"Where are you going?" Her father asked her. Busted.

"Out."

"With whom? I want to speak to them, now."

"I don't need a babysitter, da-"

"Don't fight me on this, Danielle." He cut her off harshly. She jumped back a little, but finally let it slip.

"I'm going out for dinner with Bucky." She said. Tony's glare darkened.

"FRIDAY, get Robocop up here. I wanna talk to him." He growled. Within thirty seconds, he was up on Avenger's floor.

"Hey Tony. What's up?"

"Mind telling me what's going on?" He asked him begrudgingly.

"We're going out. AS... friends." Dani specified.

"Where?"

"Kasbah Grill, then to the movies."

"You know the rules, right?" He t No more than 4 drinks, curfew at-"

"Dad, I'm twenty-four, I don't need a curfew!" Dani complained.

"Fine. No curfew." Iron man grumbled. "Manchurian Candidate, make sure she doesn't turn. If she does, call me."

"Tony, I can handle this." Bucky reassured him. He was still skeptical, but finally let them go.

They went to the grill, and they both were immediately recognized, but Dani tipped off the manager not to say anything to the paparazzi. They had a fun dinner, both of them having prime rib and some garlic mashed potatoes, with a bit of coffee flavoured ice cream cake Oreo cookie crumbs on the bottom, and coated with caramel and chocolate sauces with almond shavings; it was the best tasting dessert that Dani and Bucky had ever had.

During the movie, Dani wasn't that scared, but she did hate clowns, so jump scares did get to her. Bucky wasn't minding Dani's cuddling. He wasn't really affected by the movie. He quietly chuckled every time Dani jumped. She grumbled every time he laugh too.

Bucky came out of the movie bursting with laughter. Dani was trying to prove that she wasn't scared, and failing miserable. She playfully punched her boyfriend in arm for laughing at her. It was almost 11 by the time the movie was over.

Both Dani and Bucky decided that it was one of the best dates, although it was so typical. Bucky was gentleman the whole time, except for the couple of times he teased her, but she gave it right back to him. After a kiss goodnight, Dani headed to bed, feeling tired but it a good way. And for the first time in a long time, she wasn't emotionally drained; she was... happy.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

504K 11.4K 58
**Warning: 18+, due to violence, sex, and dark themes** Another victim of Hydra. She was only supposed to be temporary, but one thing she discovers i...
412K 18.1K 79
Atlas has been part of HYDRA for as long as he can remember. He has been tortured, experimented and tested on. He is no stranger to pain, it's normal...
8.7K 156 32
It's been two months since Y/N returned to the Compound, but despite her best efforts, she can't seem to escape her trauma. Nightmares haunt her at n...
179K 5.2K 68
"Have you ever turned Winter Soldier mode during sexual intercourse?" "No... God, just another thing to worry about." "I wouldn't worry, some chicks...