Hunted [ Completed ]

Af Casualblonde

First Xavier, and then the hunters. Will Riley ever be able to live a safe life, one where she doesn't consta... Mere

Author's Note
Prologue
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
Important (book continuation)
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Epilogue
Author's Note

3

674 29 7
Af Casualblonde

I stayed crouched for ages, wandering how much time had passed since my shift. So far I had heard and seen nothing menacing, yet I didn't let my guard down. I scented the air, the unknown wolf's scent stale.

I relaxed by a slight fraction but kept my guard up. It had been no more than five minutes of wandering aimlessly through the forest when I heard a growl. I spun around, my eyes instantly falling on some icy blue ones, different to the red tinged ones that had watched me from the bushes.

We were almost nose to nose as his scent hit me, mate. I stumbled backwards in fright, back legs falling underneath me as the russet brown wolf took a step forward. A wave of emotions swept through my body, confusing me as I tried to shake my thoughts into sense.

The wolf let out a throaty growl but he didn't come closer. I cocked my head to the side, curiously watching him but felt no fear. I stood up, no way matching his size as I watched him, waiting for his reaction.

Instantly he pressed his wolf nose to mine in acceptance, growling protectively. I closed my eyes, never wanting the moment to end as I felt the instant connection. In a flash his nose was gone and my eyes snapped open, making me glance around. I didn't have to search long before he walked from the trees towards me. I growled when I saw who it was, hackles rising.

"Woah," his familiar deep voice boomed as he put his hands up in a calming gesture. "I wouldn't hurt you, mate." I cringed at his words, backing up slowly. I shook my head, willing it not to be true. He watched me, an amused expression on his face as he bent down in front of me, not realising who I was.

He reached out a hand towards me but I'd had enough, standing to my paws, I turned on heel and ran. When I couldn't hear him following, I shifted mid-run and stumbled over my feet as I tried to regain my balance. "It's not possible," I huffed out, grabbing onto a tree for support. I felt disorientated as my body tried to accustom to the heightened senses.

A pain shot through me, making me grab my chest with a gasp. "What the...?" I glanced down and saw no injury or sign of attack. I was alone, just as I had thought but confusion wracked my brain as I felt the sharp pain once more.

Stumbling through the forest and grabbing on to trees, I began to make my way home. My head began to pound and I fell to the floor, leaning my back against the tree. I heard footsteps approaching me before there was a sharp intake of breath, "It's you." Was all Brad mumbled as he picked me up into his arms, carrying me off without another word.

*

"Ouch," I mumbled, slowly opening my eyes. Every inch of my body ached as I tried to sit up straight. I glanced around my bedroom in confusion, wondering how I had gotten home. I remembered collapsing but nothing after that, maybe I was closer to home than I thought and my parents had found me?

There was a knock on my door before my mothers head peeped around. "Good morning birthday girl!" She said with a smile, heading over to give me a hug.

"Nothing good about mornings," I mumbled, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "How'd I get back last night?"

"Brad, the Alpha's son, carried you home." She shrugged, "He never said much, only that he would see you this morning?" I frowned, thinking my mother would be acting differently to my new mate bringing my home naked.

"Why'd I black out?" I asked her, trying to get the picture of Brad holding me naked from my mind.

"It happens after every first shift, your body isn't used to it," she explained. "Why did you shift back in the forest so far away fro the house?"

I bit my lip, deciding on whether or not I should tell her. It would either help me to share the news, or she would go ballistic and territorial over her only girl cub. "Brad's my mate."

Her eyes widened before she clapped her hands together excitedly. "I knew it! The way he looked at you down in his arms, the smitten tone he had! My baby's all grown up now!" She grabbed me into a bone crushing embrace before dropping me to the floor. "All right now, get dressed before you run late for school! You can give me details later!" She winked at me, walking from my room secretively.

I rolled my eyes, getting dressed hurriedly before clomping downstairs. My stomach grumbled, hungry from the events of the previous night. Walking into the kitchen, I flicked on the light switch and almost jumped out of my skin at the next event.

"Surprise!" My clichéd family yelled, jumping out from behind the counter top and holding out a breakfast birthday cake. Sticking out from the cake were two candles; a number one followed by a number eight.

"Happy birthday princess!" My dad said, planting a kiss on my cheek as I ducked away in embarrassment. He handed me a small package which I eagerly unwrapped, I loved presents. Underneath the bright wrapping paper was a small black box. Hastily I opened it and a delicate, silver bracelet tumbled out. Lifting it closer to my face I saw it had a single charm attatched.

It was a round circle with a wolf cut into the outer rim, howling at a lone star that was cut from the moon. "It's our family crest," my dad said, taking it from my hand and clasping it to my wrist. I fingered the little charm before hugging him.

"I remember when you were just a little girl running around in a nappy after your brothers because they stole your Barbie," my mother said, starting to get all teary eyed. I brought her into a hug, lauhing at how emotional she gets sometimes.

"You used to cry so hard!" The twins said, laughing hysterically at something I did not find amusing. I punched them both on the shoulder yet they continued to laugh.

"Shut up you-" Before I could finish my sentence the door bell rang. "Saved by the bloody bell," I muttered while stalking to answer it. I yanked open the door, ready to tell them to piss off, when I was swept of my feet and smothered in an embrace. I didn't have to look at his face to know who it was, just his smell told me all I needed to know.

I growled, pushing against his chest, "Put me down!" His grip only tightened, making me sigh and be unresponsive.

"I had to make sure you were alright," Brad said, placing me onto my feet gently before tilting my face so my eyes met his. "I was so worried when I left you here last night." I rolled my eyes at the protectiveness, leaning against the door frame.

"Why are you actually here? You could've just phoned." I tried to act like his presence didn't effect me, glancing down at my unkempt nails before feeling self conscious and placing my hand behind my back.

"I wanted to give you a ride to school on your birthday." He smiled but he looked confused as to why I was acting this way.

"Don't act like yesterday never happened," I growled at him angrily, crossing my arms over my chest. He sighed but didn't reply, making me look up into his eyes for an answer. 

"I lost it when I heard you speak to me like that," he watched me as he spoke, probably making sure I didn't lash out at him like yesterday.

I snorted when he said nothing else, "That's not an apology."

His eyes seemed to darken a shade and I knew how hard it was for alphas, or alpha's sons, to admit that they're wrong. I glared at him in return, crossing my arms stubbornly. "It's my birthday."

"I'm sorry," he mumbled, looking anywhere but at my face.

I watched him, checking for any sign that he didn't mean it. When he looked up to meet my eyes with his sad puppy dog ones, I wanted him to hold me and never let go.

So of course, I growled and punched him in the chest. "Now we're even," I said, rubbing my fist but instantly feeling bad. He sighed, not even feeling the pain I had try to inflict.

"Can I drive you to school now?" I sighed, shaking my head as I looked up to the ceiling, men.

"Who is it?" Damien asked, coming out the kitchen and was stopped short. "Alpha Brad what are you doing here?" He asked, walking over to say hello.

"I'm not Alpha yet, Damien," Brad said with a grin, nodding curtly in hello.

By now the whole family had noticed Brad's arrival and were all talking in the kitchen like they had been good friends with each other forever. For a moment I stood in the doorway and admired how good looking my mate was. Dark hair, icy blue eyes and a perfect physique. Brad's eyes shot up to me as Greg put his arm around my shoulder, a friendly gesture that he usually does.

In a flash Greg was torn from my side, and I was left trying to piece together what had happened. That was, until I heard a growl behind me. I turned and saw that Brad had pinned Greg against the wall, hoding him by the neck, and was baring his teeth at him in anger.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

2M 95.8K 78
(𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐑𝐒𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 π«π¨π¦πšπ§πœπžπŸ”ž) Three mates. One destiny. A world on the brink of destruction. At 27, Riley thought she knew who she w...
226K 3.3K 14
"Beautiful" He whispered, bringing his face in my neck as he inhaled my scent. "You are only for the two of us" Another pair of arms wrapped around b...
437K 13.4K 72
The girl with no wolf. An extra mouth to feed. A liability. A defenseless miscreation. Seraphina had heard it all. She had felt it all too. The bon...
79.2K 2K 23
Evita Valkov is 21 when she returns to her pack, to her family. She meets her mate The Alpha of the pack, Gavin Lowell. When Evita's past comes runn...