Identity | h.s

By mindlessxwriting

not everyone is who they say they are. More

Identity
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
a/n
PLEASE READ

Chapter Nine

245 40 6
By mindlessxwriting

I was almost certain that during my very quick ride home that I was going to crash. There seemed to have been more cars than usual on the road and I guess it didn't help at all that I was going 15 over the speed limit. Thankfully, I didn't get pulled over.

As soon I got home, I searched the house for my dad but he was nowhere to be found. I just want answers. How does he know Harry? However, that could easily be explained. Why is he being so sceptical about Harry? But once again, that could easily be explained, too.

Everyone is being so confusing lately. Right now, I don't even know whether anything I have ever been told is the truth or not. 

My thoughts go back to what Harry said at his house earlier.

'I guess you could say that I know him a lot better than you do.' Harry's voice ringed through my head. How could he possibly think that he knows my dad better than me? For crying out loud, he is delusional, insane even.

He's just doing it to get inside your head. Maybe that's his little game. I thought to myself.

I sigh before laying on the sofa to watch one of my favourite movies 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith'. I have always loved it. The plot is great. Basically, the couple quickly fall in love and get married, although after about five or six years or marriage, it is starting to break. However, there is a twist which makes it even better. In reality, the couple are both skilled assassins working for different firms, both among the best in their field. Each is concealing their true profession to their spouse. Later on, when their professions are revealed to one another, each of them is assigned to eliminate the other. 

I think I may have watched this film over twenty times, it is so good. My favourite actors are in it, too, which makes it even better.

Half-way through the movie, my phone vibrates indicating that I had recieved a text. I quickly unlocked my phone, only to realise that yet again, the number was unknown.

Unknown Number

"Don't believe everything you hear."

I groaned before throwing my phone across the room - not too hard though so it wouldn't smash - and sitting upright before pausing the movie. Who keeps texting me? This is may only be the second text, but it's worrying me. I don't know who this person is. This time, I am sure that it is not my dad. It could be Harry, although that wouldn't make sense at all. It wouldn't add up. 

I decide that it's probably nothing, maybe someone is just trying to mess with my head. If I get another text - depending on what is said - then I will mention it to my dad, but right now, I am just going to leave it be. I am certainly not going to reply, because that is what they want and I do not want to give them that satisfaction.

I pad over to the other side of the room to retrieve my phone - which thankfully, was not damaged - and sat back down on the sofa just as my dad decided to walk through the front door.

"Sierra?" He called.

"In here, Dad!" I called back almost immediately. He walked into the room and ruffled my hair. Oh. "Did you just call me Sierra?" I chuckled before placing my phone on the coffee table in font of me.

"Hm, I did, didn't I?" He laughed. "How was your day?" He added. His simple, yet ironic question reminded me yet again of my previous conversation with Harry.

I sighed before answering. "It was... interesting." I forced a smile.

"How so?" He asked, while sitting down on the opposite sofa before lifting his legs and placing his feet on the coffee table in the middle of us. I sighed which made my dad roll his eyes and laugh, then re-position himself. "Sorry." He said in a mocked tone.

"I uh, I spoke to Harry." I said nervously. I know he doesn't want me anywhere near Harry, so I'm quite worried about his reaction.

"Okay?" He replied calmly, too calmly, confusion shown clearly in his features.

Oh.

"He said a few things..." I looked up to meet my dad's eyes. "About you and him." I added.

"Really? What sort of things?"

"That you both met each other two years ago. He also said that he knows you better than do, and that you're not afraid to throw a punch here and there, or something like that anyway." I explained.

"Anything else?" He sighed, while rubbing his eyes with his hands then leaning back.

"Yes. He said that I was in denial, just like you. What did he mean by all of that? I'm so confused." I sighed, while imitating my dad's previous actions, but instead I brought my legs up and crossed them over. 

"You want the truth?" He eyed me warily, waiting for a response.

"Yes." I whispered, then clearing my throat.

"Okay. It's true about Harry and I meeting. It was two years ago, around the time when he was 18. Harry-"

"18?" I interrupted. "So that makes him 20 now?" I gasped. I remember Harry specifically told me when he walked me home that he was 18 now.

"Yes?" I could tell that my dad was confused right now, maybe just as much as I was.

"He told me he was 18." I explained. "But how can he still be in high school? Isn't that impossible?" 

"Well that... that I don't quite understand. Maybe he was dropped back a couple of years because he has moved countries so much. You know? I'm almost certain that that is the reason why, if I'm honest. It seems realistic." My dad explained. I think his theory is right. It does seem right, I guess.

"So why did he lie to me about his age? And what about everything else he said?"

"I don't know." He sighed. "I think he just said that to get to you. I'm your father, you know me better than anyone. But yes, I have thrown a few punches, of course I have, but it was nothing huge." He chuckled. 

"Oh, okay." I smiled as I stood up to switch the tv off, before getting ready to leave the room.

"What were you watching?"

"Mr. and Mrs. Smith" I smiled once again, which my dad gladly returned.

"That's a uh, good movie. You could learn a lot from it." He said.

"What can I learn from a movie like that? How to kill my husband or how to be an assassin?" I joked.

"Both." He replied.

I laughed before replying. "Whatever, Dad. I'm going to get something to eat then I am going to my room."

He mumbled something in reply that I didn't quite hear as I walked down the hallway towards the kitchen.

"Sierra?! What on earth is this?" My dad yelled from the living room a minute later.

I quickly rushed in, only to find my dad holding my phone up in his right hand. The screen was lit up and a message was pasted on the screen. I squinted hard as I stepped forward to read the message. 

Shit. I thought to myself. 

My jaw dropped as I tried taking in the message.

My eyes flickered from my phone screen to my dad's eyes, which seemed to have been burning holes in my head.

Our eyes locked as I struggled to form a coherant sentence. 

I tried reaching for my phone but he pulled it away.

"Care to explain why you haven't told me about these texts?"

"Dad, I-I-I don't know what to say. I thought it was just a joke that someone was playing." My mouth parted in shock. He wasn't really meant to find out until something serious happened.

"I'm your father. You're supposed to tell me if something like this is happening, whether you think it is a joke or not." He's right, although he didn't have to remind me.

"Dad, it's not a big deal." I said as I tried to pry my phone away from his hands, which I was successful. I quickly darted my eyes to the message printed on the bright screen illuminating my face.

Unknown Number

"You should keep away from that boy, you know. He is a danger to you. Our plan for you will not work if you fall for him."

5:19pm.

How could they possibly know who I have been with? It wasn't harmful to anyone in any way at all. Who is this person, do I know them? Why are they doing this? And what the fuck is their plan?

Once again, nothing is adding up and I am left confused and light headed.

AU: Hmmm. Any hints? Do any of you know what's going to happen? :D

I hope this chapter isn't too bad! Please leave a comment because I love getting feedback, also please could you vote? thankyou!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 146 44
" why are you worried about me when I should be worried about you"
4.8K 187 26
6.3K 203 37
•Sometimes, actions speak louder then words•
226 2 21