Poison | Jughead Jones

By random_shuck

One taste of her poison, and he was addicted "You've always said I'm full of venom, maybe it's time I bite."... More

Poison
Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapted Thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four

Chapter thirteen

7.4K 196 14
By random_shuck

Midnight movies

Bella roamed through the many parked cars and listened to the soft cinematic air. Observing the kids as they ignored the beauty relaying just a few metres in front of them. It felt different to see the drive in suddenly packed of people, when normally it was nothing but a run down field.

She spotted a line of bikes and slowly groaned in annoyance, knowing how the Northside would react.

"Crashing a party? Doesn't seem like your style." Bella called out as she headed toward them, smirking as a few turned round in shock.

"PB, long time no see." Joaquin raised his eyebrows, shuffling to the side as the new girl came into the circle.

"What can I say? I like keeping on my feet." Bella nodded with a vague response, running her hand along the cold metal of one of the bikes.

"Why can't you do that at Southside High Bella, You're not going soft are you?" A new voice sounded, Toni Topaz. Bella grinned as she noticed the pink haired serpent, standing relativity close to her Brother.

"Somebody's got to keep an eye on the runaway." She replied, glancing at the shack jughead was most likely in alone.

"Last time I checked, you were the run away." Sweetpea chided sarcastically, grinning at his sisters short glare.

"You're funny Sweetpea. Why don't you become a comedian." Jessebelle quickly retorted, backing away with a smirk and quickly scurried to the shack.

She could feel the looks of many of the teen serpents as she knocked on the door and waited. It only opened ajar, but enough for Bella to try and pry her way in. Jughead Jones glanced at his visitor, feeling her pushing the door wider open.

With haste, he had leapt out of the small building and swung the door shut. Bella opened her mouth to question the bizarre behaviour, but was cut off as she was caught off guard yet again. Jughead Jones grabbed her hand and began pulling her toward the shop allocated on the otherside of the grounds.

Without a word, Bella simply glanced back in confusion before noticing the angered glare radiating from her brother.

"Are they going out?" Jack, another serpent, questioned into the cold air. Sweetpea snapped his gaze to the boy, his hands balled into fists.

"No." He muttered, already feeling a calming touch on his arm. Jack grinned as he leant against one of the many bikes, drawing back his lip as he watched the fleeting figure of the petite brunette.

"Good." Was all he replied, but it was enough for Sweetpea to retaliate. Toni kept a hold of his arm as he stepped toward the serpent, shaking his head.

"Not happening."

Once the pair stopped, the hold on her hand had vanished. Bella looked at the tall boy in confusion, eyeing the food stand that they suddenly queued up for.

"What is going on with you lately jug?" Jessebelle prodded as she wrapped her arms around her shivering frame. The boy paused, snaking some loose change from his pocket and keeping his gaze on the vendor.

"Do you still like salt with your popcorn, or do you want a hot dog?" He swerved past the comment and gave her a fleeting look. She furrowed her eyebrows, tightening her grip against her own forearms as the wind chuckled behind them.

"Um- popcorns alright I guess." She muttered a small response, watching as jughead almost flung himself against the counter and handed the money to the younger teen.

"Jug you're scaring me." Bella whispered, unsure of how to act. This was unlike her best friend, yet with the two years apart she couldn't really tell what was different anymore.

"I didn't think you were easily scared Rhodes." Jughead chuckled dryly, slipping the popcorn into his hand and flicking a piece at the brunette.

"Is this because of our argument earlier, or because the drive in is closing." Jessebelle continued to press forward, But was swivelled around and out of her train of thought as jughead sent them in another direction.

"Why don't we just go into the shack and talk." Bella commented as she was passed the popcorn and guided toward the screen.

"No, no. Everything is fine, okay? Everything is totally okay." His voice was distant and it made Bella feel uneasy. Something was up and she had no idea how to wrangle it out of him.

They stopped by a familiar truck and familiar people. Bella stood silently as she sent a questioning look to the boy next to her. Kevin smiled, nudging the girls slightly to make room for an extra.

"I'll see you later okay?" Jughead whispered, and before Bella could stop him he was walking away. She grunted, shoving the popcorn into Kevin's arms and trying to suss out what was going on.

"Do any of you know what's up with jughead?" Bella snipped, stress overwhelming her small frame. Kevin smiled apologetically as he chomped down on the free food and shook his head. Veronica shrugged off her question, pouting her red lips slightly in sympathy.

"You can join us if you want." She offered, taking some of the popcorn herself. Bella sighed and turned down the offer, dragging her lip under her teeth in worry.

"I'll see you guys whenever." Bella waved and hurried off to the boys retreating frame. She stopped slightly as someone hollered down to her, catching her friends attention.

"Trouble with the boyfriend Bells?" Jack laughed, mischief glinting in his eyes. Bellas head snapped back to the truck she was just at and noticed the three curious stares.

"Shut your mouth Jack, before I make you." She yelled, trying to rid the intrusive glances from the trio. Jack laughed as some of the serpents clapped his back, knowing how Bella had kept most of her life a secret.

Before she could get pulled up on questioning, she darted and left the three to make up their own concoctions.

"I knew it, ofcourse Jessebelle fraternises with the serpents. Her little temper tantrums all make sense now." Cheryl cheered at her conclusion, watching the girl hurry off toward the shack.

"Shut up Cheryl. Bellas terrible at lying she could never keep that big of a secret." Kevin declared angrily, his gaze flickering between the red head and the curious boy sitting with the gang in question.

"I don't know Kev, do we really know her that well?" Veronica joined the conversation, nagging thoughts tracing her mind.

"I do." Kevin argued, slouching back into his seat and ignored the comments flying around.

Ofcourse Bella could never hide that big of a secret, could she?

"Jughead Jones if you don't slow down I swear to-." Bella snapped as she marched toward the boy, ignoring the cold lashing at her skin. Jughead turned around, cutting off her voice with a sharp look.

"Leave it Bella." He retorted, digging his hands deep into his pocket.

"No. Don't tell me to leave it. Don't ever tell me to leave it, not when its to do with you." Bella shot back, tugging against the thin fabric clinging to her arms. Jughead sighed, stepping closer to the shaking girl with hesitance. Bella squeaked quietly as his warm hands landed onto her arms in comfort.

"Bella, I'm alright." He whispered, watching her cloudy eyes squint at his simple response.

"Then tell me whats going on." She muttered, wiping the dry tear from her eyelash as her emotions over ran. Jughead dropped his hands down to his side and sighed, glancing back at the creaking door only a few metres away from them.

Bella watched his movements, furrowing her dark brows as something clicked. She shook her head and pushed past him, slipping from the hand that had darted out to stop her. Bellas hand slapped against the door and nudged it ajar.

The room was dark and musty, clothing littered across the floor. A rickety bed was crumbling by the corner, whispers of the movie licking at the rust. Her hand clasped around her crimson lips, eyes flickering throughout the room in shock. She heard slow footsteps slip behind her, no words falling into the heavy air.

"Oh jug." Bella whispered as her hand dragged down her chin, eyes flashing to the mute boy. His face was stoic, expressionless, but she could still read the pain behind his eyes.

He had wanted no one to know his struggle, and yet Bella was always one step ahead. Always on the look out for problems. And always able to see right through him.

•••

Happy Easter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

465K 8.3K 53
Just released from Juvie, Casey returns back to the Southside with her best friends Sweet Pea, Toni Topaz and Fangs Fogarty; the four having been ins...
141K 2.9K 46
When Jughead leaves for Toledo he doesn't expect to come back but when he does he finds Betty has gone through a major transformation
21.5K 383 31
"i love you, always." "i love you more. always," she giggled at the boy. she'd never loved someone as much as the serpent boy laying next to her
60.6K 1.2K 38
Sweet Pea x oc! started - 20 January 2018 finished - discontinued | discontinued | | not spell checked | | cringe warning |