Kadance

Por ShelbyWinds

A futuristic society of warrior-class and citizens fighting a war of survival. Kadance encounters and helps t... Más

Prelude Bandro
Prelude Ship
Prelude Gaia
Prelude High Command
1
2
3
4
4a
5
5a
5b
5c
5d
5e
5f
5g
6
6a
7
7a
7b
7c
7d
8
8a
9
9a
9b
9c
9d
9e
9f
9g
9h
9i
10
10a
10b
11
11a
11b
11c
11d
11e
11f
11g
11h
11i
11j
12
12a
12b
12c
13
14
15
16
16a
17
18
19
19a
20
20a
20b
21
21a
22
23
24
25
25a
26
27
27a
27b
28
28a
29
30
31
32
33
33a
34
34a
35
36
36a
37
38
39
40
40a
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
50
51
52
53
54
Bonus Chapter - Tanker

49

115 21 0
Por ShelbyWinds

"Finally, we're on our way home," Kadance says wearily. "I feel like a duck waddling along slowly."

"You are still sexy love," Jayse whispers. Kadance puts a loving hand on his face.

"Thanks for that. Now you all do whatever, I'm off for a nap," Kadance says.

Tommy sets the twins up for a lot of research and hands on work.

Everyone else sets up their rooms and then either goes to work or lounges around.

Tommy slips out after giving the twins their lessons. He goes to the gym. There he spars with some of off duty Alpha soldiers. He has to stop all too soon, but slowly he builds up his stamina.

Over the ensuing weeks they all except Kadance take turns in the gym, but even she takes her turn at the arms practices.

Other than Amgle pulling a muscle in his leg nothing happens on the trip home. This allows the team to heal. Tommy especially pushes himself. Slowly he regains his speed and stamina and agility.

"Tommy, Admiral Jannsen would like for you to teach your classes like you did while active," Lighten says when they are just two days out from Gaia. "He says, and I agree with him, that we can't afford to allow that information to die. Our men need that help."

"I'm not active service anymore. I work for my wife. I won't go off planet without her and she's being grounded at least for a year," Tommy says back.

"I figured as much. Small classes could be held at the house, Kadance's house. If she is agreeable. The classwork could be held there. All explosives and such could be held at the weapons testing area. And your field test of course would be held there. Just like you're having the twins do."

"You'll have to clear this with the boss. It's her house, her husband. I won't even consider it without her okay." Tommy says holding up his hand to stop Lighten.

"I see. Okay, let's go talk to Kadance," Lighten says dispiritedly. Then he mutters something under his breath.

"What was that?" Tommy asks with overtones of anger lacing his words.

"I didn't say anything," Lighten says swallowing at Tommy's narrow eyed look.

"I didn't thinks so," Tommy says relaxing. "She's actually in a good mood today so have a decent chance of actually having her hear you out."

"Tommy, they're kicking like crazy. Hard enough you should be able to feel them," Kadance says excitedly. Tommy ditches Lighten to kneel in front of Kadance and gently feel her stomach. Almost immediately he feels a kick. He looks up at Kadance in joy and wonder, they smile together.

Feeling a bit out of place Lighten clears his throat and turns to leave. "Oh, sorry Colonel. That was terribly rude of me," Kadance says. "Did you want to see me?" Tommy whispers to her.

"You and Tommy are having a special time, I'll come back later." Lighten says wishing he was anywhere else but there.

"We're fine. So what would Admiral Jannsen and High Command want from little ole me?" Kadance says whimsically.

Lighten takes a deep breath, "We would like your permission for Tommy to hold classes at your home," he says quickly.

"No," Kadance responds. Lighten droops. "You are asking 1) for Tommy to teach again, 2) to hold the classes at my house. A house that in a matter of weeks will hold at least six babies."

"Sorry, I am asking for your permission for your husband to do the classes and to hold them in your home. However, the explosives and testing would all be done at the testing range. The class size would of necessity be small at most five people would stay there."

"You would of course be paying him for his time and expertise." Kadance replies, "And me for the use of my home as classrooms and bedrooms. We'll even include meals."

"Yes, of course. We always expected to do so," Lighten says quickly.

"Talk to my lawyers to draw up the contract. The first class to not be held until after the babies are born. Tommy will need to finish up his training the twins and planning his course for the others. Who'll choose the course takers?"

"I will. I know who'll most benefit from my expertise. My fee will be triple my pay in the service, and I didn't end at Corporal's pay. Four classes a year, no more. No charge for the twins, but for all others those are my terms." Tommy says it with finality he's not happy about teaching again. "The twins should be finishing up in two to three weeks depending on conditions on Gaia."

"Thank you. I'll send this all to Admiral Jannsen. Then if approved to your lawyers," Lighten says.

"My lawyers are Leydon and Leydon. I'll leave instructions for them. Realize that Tommy will make those classes far more intensive than he could with my nephews. They better be ready to work because they will," Kadance says.

"They've gotten off easy. Once we get to Gaia they'll be in a much more intensive training. I'm more myself now. Hope they'll be ready for the field test. I'll need the entire testing grounds for that. So I'll need you to get me the necessary permission. I might add in some live artillery during the test. Oh, yeah this has potential," Tommy is lost in thought.

Kadance just rolls her eyes, "Well Colonel, looks like Tommy is on board. Get the Admiral on board to our terms and all contracts can be signed after we land tomorrow. Hope you enjoy your new home."

"I'm sure I will. I hear tell it's a lovely place," Lighten says. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'll talk to Jannsen and get things moving." He leaves muttering under his breath. Kadance leans her head back and closes her eyes. She smiles softly as she caresses Tommy's head with one hand and puts her other hand on her stomach.

"Looks like some of each. They look to be about half and half. Although it's hard to tell. But I think there's at least seven babies and I catch glimpses, nothing definite of a possible eighth baby. So you have every right to feel big and awkward," Kelan says. "Next time I want to examine you at the hospital. So we are both familiar with the OB ward. Four more weeks. Everyone looks to be healthy." Kelan says with satisfaction, "At least you'll be grounded now."

"Maybe grounded, but now I have to do the baby shopping, talk to Briggs about the Company and..." Kadance trails off.

"You need to pace yourself. By all means take a day or two to shop, but work needs to be done at home. Call a conference and hold the meeting there. Have them bring their families. Everyone will be more relaxed that way. Have the security for the Holdings come over to help Jayse. Have Borden be in charge of the families.

"Do everything you can at home now. At least business wise," Kelan orders.

"Yes, doctor. Want to go shopping with me?" Kadance asks excitedly.

Kelan shakes her head, "You are incorrigible. Miss a shopping trip with you? Not a chance," Kelan says.

"Good, we'll have Sandlee and Maren come with us," Kadance says.

"And Jayse, Tommy and Amgle and..." Kelan says rolling her eyes.

"Hmm right. I'll talk to Jayse," Kadance says. She gets up to go find Jayse.

"Uh, Kadance, you might want to get dressed first." Kelan says fighting to keep a straight face.

Kadance stops and turns back to the pile of clothes. Blushing she says, "Thanks, sometimes I swear I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached to my body."

"Yeah, I hear that happens a lot during pregnancy," Tommy says coming in. "Jayse says we'll be docking late tonight. They'll immediately take Rueton and his guards down. We'll be going planet side right after breakfast tomorrow.

"You know love, I swear you're getting more and more beautiful every time I see you." Tommy comes up behind her and gives her a quick hug. "You know you don't have to get dressed on my behalf," he whispers something in her ear.

Kadance laughs out. "Later maybe. Now I have to try to talk Jayse into something he won't like doing."

Tommy says, "If it involves your safety, forget it. He's becoming paranoid when it comes to you. He's having me redo all the perimeter security. He wants a bigger boom. He's already doubled security at the house. He wants me and the twins to do a grounds and house sweep before he'll allow you to enter."

"That will take at least 24 hours," Kadance exclaims. "Where does he expect me to stay until then?"

"He figures no one would expect you to stay at your hotel if you have that house," Tommy says shrugging.

Kadance finishes dressing. "Thanks Tommy," she heads out the door, "at least now I have a bargaining chip."

Tommy leaves right behind her. He doesn't want to miss this.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

23.1M 562K 44
PUBLISHED WORK!!! 30% OF THE STORY HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN. Available on Amazon in paperwork and PDF (KINDLE) format. You know those kind of stor...
58 20 37
Phantom, an organization known for producing lethal weapons and soldiers, got their hands on a few special individuals. Three years ago there was an...
5.6M 198K 72
PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson, reject you Lily Kim as my mate" "...D...
691K 6.7K 15
This is a sample of the story. If you would like to read the whole thing then please look it up on Amazon or check out the link on the last chapter...