Married for his business.

By Gabie_lyon18

Dylan Walker is one of New York city's richest business men. He has the reputation of being a ruthless busine... More

Prologue
chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
Happy New Year!
Chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

chapter 22

488 23 4
By Gabie_lyon18

Instead of announcing the coming baby to his father's lawyers with written documents, Dylan opted for a much better option. As soon as Lorraine felt good enough to travel, they went to his ancestral home to tell the rest of the family.

The small dinner party shimmered and rumbled with excitement until Dylan hushed them and took Lorraine's hand "Y'all must be wondering why I asked you here tonight" he started.

"You know how I adore assumptions" his Mum said from the far end of the table.

Those around laughed and waited for his next words

"Ee're pregnant" he said getting everyone's attention "Lorraine and I are expecting a baby"

"I knew it would work" Eliza hopped from her seat in excitement "I knew you two would listen to me and have a baby" she said covering up her slip. She circled the table to hug Lorraine and him.

Congratulations and a chorus of well wishes rose. If anyone questioned when Lorraine became pregnant, none said a word.

George's face soured at the announcement. He was the only lawyer Dylan had invited, for obvious reasons.

Lorraine radiated with pride and a special glow that many people spoke of when they talked of pregnant women.

She wore a summer dress with short sleeves and belt around her still small waist. He noticed a swell in her br**sts, which responded with more sensitivity when they made love.

Each day he woke to a new wonder. Prior to their trip over to the pond, at the last doctors appointment, they heard the tiny fluttering beat of their child's heart.

Tears had welled in Lorraine's eyes and his throat clenched in a painful grip. An instant attachment to the child not yet born felt more solid than anything had in his life well, nearly anything, he mused.

His gaze fell to his wife in the sea of people pulling her in for a hug. Identifying his love for their child collided with another reality.

His love for Lorraine.

Instead of running away from potentially devastating emotions, Dylan held them close to his chest like a good hand in the game of poker. He had plenty of time to decipher Lorraine's feelings before he opened himself wide. It wasn't Dylan's routine to play any card until he knew he'll win.

George sequestered himself from Dylan for a few minutes before leaving the party for the rest of the night "I see you've secured all your father's requests" George said bitterness evident in his words.

Dylan felt a slimy film of dirt slide over his consciousness. Although he hadn't done anything malicious in obtaining his ultimate goal, the fact that he hadn't told Lorraine about the need for an heir weighed on him.

"So it seems" Dylan said

George held out his hand for Dylan.
"We'll meet again after the birth and sign papers. congratulations again"

"Thank you"

As Dylan watched George leave his home, he felt someone's eyes on him. He turned around and found Lorraine standing in the hall.

Lorraine moved to his side and placed a hand around his waist before leaning into him "I guess he has no need to  doubt your intentions now"

Her gaze drifted towards the door

"He will doubt until our baby is born, I'm afraid" Dylan said

Lorraine leaned her head on his shoulder and stifled a yawn behind her hand.

"You're tired," Dylan announced "we should get you to bed"

"But there's still a lot of people here on our behalf"

"People who will just have to do without us"

When Lorraine didn't protest any further, he knew the extent of her exhaustion and offered her to bed.

*  *  *

Dylan and Lorraine returned to New York after they stopped over at California for a little time In the sun.

Dylan got home from work and was informed of Lorraine's whereabouts.

She had gone shopping, something she used to dread.

More for the baby than for herself. She had full and heavy bags when she returned home, but scurried off to the baby's room before any of the maids saw her, making non of them know of her arrival.

She was leaving for her room when she heard of Dylan's arrival, and almost immediately heard Eliza.

What is she doing here in New York?

Dylan turned around to see his little sister after the maid let her in "You didn't tell me you'll be visiting" Dylan said quizzically

"Dylan we need to talk, it's urgent" was all Eliza said walking to his study.

Lorraine got worried about her tone and went to check what was going on.

"What is it we need to talk about?" Dylan asked not even daring to sit down "is it Mom, is she okay?" he asked

"It's about Dad. . . About you and Dad actually" Eliza said just right when Lorraine got to the front of the door

"What about him?" Dylan racked his fingers through his hair

"Well it's also about his will, your inheritance and the baby you and Lorraine are expecting"

Lorraine was almost leaving but the talk about her baby stopped her in her tracks.

"What are you talking about Elizabeth?" Dylan narrowed his eyes at his sister

"You'll need to be seated when you hear this" she gestured her hand to the sofa for them to seat. The work table seamed too formal, him seating across the table from her won't feel right.

"I'm listening" Dylan said

Eliza heaved a sigh and started "I know everything"

"Every what?" Dylan asked shocked at her words

"Everything about you and Lorraine" she continued

"What are you talking about?" he tried to remain cool

"I know you two are not really married. . . Like a real couple" she said making Lorraine gasp and Dylan widen his eyes

"Why would you say such thing?. You know Lorraine and I married legally" Dylan stood up abruptly

"Look, I know it was a business arrangement between you two" she sighed "I also know she used to work at a bar" she bent Her head to play with her fingers in guilt

"Where did you learn this?" Dylan asked walking to his table "And where are you getting at with all of this?"

She sighed in relief "I'm happy you're not denying it anymore" she stood up "look, I love Lorraine but if George, Dad's lawyer, know the reason I'm here. If he finds out he'll ruin her. . . I mean the both of you.
Dad gave him the power to a long time ago"

Hearing Lorraine could get hurt made his blood boil. "Tell me everything you know now"

"It was a few weeks before Dad died, I was in his office as usual, using his computer for my transactions and all when I heard him and his lawyers enter into the adjoining study. They all started talking seriously almost immediately, Dad was saying he wanted to change his will and all those crappy things business men talk about. He mentioned you and that's What caught my attention.

He said the only way you could get to be the CEO of the company was if you got married or it would be given to someone else, then he added something more Dylan" she stopped and looked into his eyes.

He gave her his consent to continue even though he feared the worst

"Half of Dad's whole estate would be yours only if you have a heir and if you don't, In two years, all of it. . . Everything would be given to his greedy lawyers" Eliza said with distaste

Lorraine's head went over the roof.

The baby was all in the plan. He used me.

Hot tears stung her eyes and She felt her face heat up and was about to barge in but she heard his voice "That imbecile, just when things were going smoothly he torments me. Even from his fucking grave!" he yelled pounding his fists against the table making Eliza flinch

"You knew about this for almost a year, Why didn't you tell me earlier" he narrowed his eyes at Eliza "I just found out from Xander a few weeks ago and I still don't know how to tell Lorraine this. she'll leave me for sure, she'll hate me, Her and my baby, all because of that bastard" he growled

"Dylan calm down I'm not finished"

"You want me to calm down. My woman, my wife and child could be in danger all because of him. I don't want it... I don't want his stupid money anymore" he shook his head with his hands on the table.

Lorraine's heart melted at that but she was still boiling with anger.

"I d—"

Eliza cut him off "Dylan, I was the one who pierced holes in the condoms I gave you for you wedding present"

Dylan gasped at the sound of that

"Why do you think I wanted you two to have a baby so badly uh? I knew if you didn't, his lawyers would ruin you"

"When I heard you were married I wanted to come and tell you about it but Mom decided to come with me, all I could think of were the condoms. I found out your marriage was all fake through Xander at your birthday party" she said the last part in a low voice "I confronted him about it and told him everything I knew and he did vice versa" she said still in a low voice

"He's such an idiot!" Dylan yelled

"Don't blame him Dylan, it's all my fault. I threatened to tell the truth" Eliza said quickly

Dylan heaved a sigh

"Now how would I tell Lorraine" Dylan covered his face with his palms "She'll be torn apart"

"I am, and you really don't have to tell me anymore. I heard everything already" Lorraine opened the door with shaky hands and went in, her face soaked with tears.

Dylan looked up to her and it was as though his world came crashing in seconds.

Seeing her crying was like someone stabbing his heart a million times.

"Lorraine" he said her name walking towards her

"Don't touch me Dylan! " she yelled

"Don't, you know it's not good for you and the baby" he said calmly

"The baby" she said with a fake laugh "You have no right to talk about my baby Dylan. You used me, and just when were you planning on telling me?" she said more tears streaming from her eyes

"I should leave" Eliza said trying to walk out but Lorraine stopped her

"The only one leaving here is me" Lorraine left and went up her room with Dylan running behind her.

"Don't leave, let me explain things to you" Dylan begged but it sounded more like an order.

"I can't" Lorraine shook her head, her hormones controlling her feelings more than she ever wanted. "I can't let my child come to this world on or for a business deal" she said before going into her closet

"That won't be the case Raine. I'll fix this I promise. Look I just found out and—" he said in a broken voice but she stopped him

"You didn't tell me"

"I wanted to but, but that's when you were sick and I couldn't. I couldn't because I don't want to loose you"

Lorraine stopped shoving her clothes in her bag and turned to him "You still could have told me" she said sounding calmer "Just let me go okay, I can't think or talk now" she said turning back to what she was doing

He watched her pack her bags refusing his help. Each second that passed hurt watching her leave him gradually.

"I called a cab to get me" she said wheeling her last bag out "please don't call or look for me" she stopped to say

"Don't say something like that Raine. You can't just leave like this, both of you just can't leave me" he reached out to hold her hand but she rejected him

"I have to go" she moved away from him

"I'm telling you not to leave Lorraine"

"And I'm telling you to stay away from me, Dylan Walker" she shut the door

He watched her leave in the taxi and like that he was alone, sad, broken filled with anguish and distraught.

THE END.

Hello y'all,

Sorry if I scared you ☺. The book isn't ending  now.

I hope you can feel the tension 😉?. There would be a lot more as the book comes to an end gradually.

Please don't miss the exiting next chapters and please don't forget to click the little star below the page, thank you.

Bye, love y'all 😍.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 191K 40
"He'd pay me two grand a month to sleep with me?" "No. He'd pay you two grand a 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬." ... Maggie is a college student working as a stripper in L...
538K 19.3K 30
*This book is terrible, read at your own risk.* Womanizing playboy Sebastian Hayes was in a bind, his grandfather was requiring him to get married be...
5.2M 193K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
472K 10.9K 25
***Mature*** After being forced into a contract marriage, Dylan and Rosalie make a deal to have meaningless sex despite feeling nothing but hatred fo...