That's What You Get

By 10stephanieg

Sequel to "You Are The Only Exception". Michelle has taken upon living by herself, and having her, who she co... More

That's What You Get
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 8

17.2K 349 110
By 10stephanieg

Chapter 8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I followed him back to the foyer, and that’s when I noticed the staircases. How blind am I? I usually noticed everything. I’m very observant, but I guess not this time, I must have been really nervous, and not have noticed.

“Hey, where are ya‘ll going?” Riley asked teasingly.

“None of your business.” Everett said, as he pushed passed Riley towards the stairs, I was close enough to Everett to see him throw a smirk Luke’s way.

“To talk.” I whispered to Riley as I passed him, I gave Luke an apologetic look, but all he did was frown at Everett’s back. “I‘ll be back soon, I promise.” I spoke to him getting his attention.

“Alright, but hurry back.” He grabbed my face, and gave me a gentle kiss. “I love you.” he whispered.

“Hurry up Michelle, or you‘ll have to find your own way.” I looked up to see him already on top of the stairs, his back against the wall, with his arms crossed. Staring straight ahead.

“What crawled up his ass all of a sudden?” I mumbled, as I hurried up the stairs.

As soon as I got to the top of the stairs, he wasn’t even there. The jerk didn’t even wait for me. I turned my head to the left to see the empty hallway, then to the right, the way he walked off to, and hurryingly followed him.

Along the way, I saw pictures hanging on the wall, from when he was younger. He was such a cute little boy, I smiled at each one.

“Feelings coming back yet?” Everett whispered in my ear from behind, making me jump slightly.

A small blush crept up my neck, and I was glad he was behind me. “You wish.” I whispered back.

His chuckle stopped short.

“Everett?”

I looked up, and down the hall to see Jaclyn standing there in a silk robe. Everett stepped away from me, and quickly in front of me, and answered back. “Yes?”

“Could you be a doll, and go fetch me a bottle of water?” She smiled brightly at him, as she started to walk our way.

I snorted to myself. ‘Fetch? What is he a dog?’

He sighed slightly, and turned. “Sure.”

Woof.

“And then we could go back to my room, and have some alone time?” She pressed herself against his side, and gave me a quick glance to make sure I saw, but I focused on Everett’s posture. He had froze instantly. His jaw was clenched, and before I could look at the ground, or advert my gaze to one of the pictures hanging, he stared at me.

His deep green eyes kept me from looking away. Slowly he unclenched his jaw, his body relaxed, as if me being there made him calm.

“How about it honey?” She purred into his ear.

Disgusting. Is that how I sounded to Luke at the gas station? I really hope not.

Pulling away from her, he put on a smile. “I don‘t think so. Maybe some other time when I don‘t have guests over.” he tilted his head to the side, jerking it at me, and with that walking away.

I turned back to her, once Everett had started descending the stairs. Only to meet hurtful, glaring eyes. “Nice outfit.” I muttered, since she wasn’t going to say anything. And Give her a once over look.

She was in a very pink, thin, silk robe, wearing clear high heels. And I’m guessing something sluttier underneath. To me, the whole outfit screamed, ‘I’m a hooker.’

“You wish you could pull this off.” She scoffed.

I snorted, and clenched my jaw to keep for saying anything smart back. ‘Just breathe‘, I told myself.

Doing just that, I calmed down slightly. ‘Think of only insulting comments.’

‘She’s working the corner tonight.’ I thought.

“Not going to say anything?” She tilted her head to the side.

‘I’ll slip her a dollar, or two. Then she can call it a night.’

“So rude.” She stared at me. “You know, if you actually wore make-up, you‘d actually look decent.”

I bit my bottom lip, ‘how fucking long does it take to get a goddamn bottle of water?’

“You look so,” She stared at my face, and I suddenly felt self-conscious. “Plain. No wonder Everett dumped you.”

I tasted something metallic. Immediately I let go up my lip, and ran my tongue over it, tasting the metallic liquid again. Or rather blood.

“Also,” She stepped closer to me, grabbing my upper arm in her grasp. Her fake nails digging into my skin hard, automatically making me bite down on my cheek. “I would kindly like you to stay away from him.”

I unclenched my teeth, my cheek throbbing slightly from the pressure, and spoke in almost a pained voice. “You should tell him that yourself.”

Laughing slightly, she nodded. “I know that stupid, but as you can see, he won‘t listen to me.” Her nails dug in more as she continued. “Not when you‘re around.”

“When I‘m around?”

She wrinkled her nose, as if I disgusted her. “Yeah, when you‘re around… He‘s different when you‘re around. He never turns me down. Ever.”

Something I didn’t want to hear, but mentally, I took note of something important. I still had an effect on Everett somehow. “I don‘t see why you just don‘t tell him yourself.”

I winced as she tightened her grip, she‘ll break skin soon, I just know it. “Are you deaf? Or just stupid? He won‘t listen to me. So just do me a favor, and stay away from him.”

“Scared?” I managed to put on a smirk.

“Hell no.” She hissed. “It’ll just be easier for me, I won‘t have to have an argument with him. And if you don‘t listen to me..” She pulled herself closer to me. The stench of her expensive perfume hitting my nose like a wave. She wore way too much. “I‘ll make sure your relationship, with that cutie of yours..” She paused to chuckle. “ends quickly.”

I swallowed hard, how could she say something like that? I never did anything to her. That I know about, at least.

She quickly released me when footsteps came from the direction of the stairs. I tried my hardest not to rub my throbbing arm, that’ll be a dead give away to Everett, so I held my arms behind my back, trying to look like nothing had happened.

“Thank you so much.” She held onto the ‘o’ longer than necessary, as she grabbed her bottle of water Everett had in his hand. She stood on her toes, leaning up to kiss him on the lips. But as soon as her lips were inches from his, he turned his head slightly, causing her to kiss his cheek instead.

“Anything else?” Everett sounded slightly annoyed.

“Nope, nothing. I‘ll see you later, I have to go clear up some things for the wedding.” I saw her forehead was creased, probably upset that she didn’t get some lip action. She moved around him to stand beside me, and leaned in. “Remember what I said.” She patted my arms where he nails had dug in, and laughed slightly, as if she was sharing a joke with me, and walked on, to somewhere down the hall.

I turned back to Everett to see him frowning the way Jaclyn went. “Lets go.” He spun around, and headed down the hall we were heading, before she showed up.

I had to keep a fast pace to keep up with Everett’s long strides. A few more seconds of this, and both my calves will either start hurting, or cramping up.

And to my relief, we stopped once we turned the corner, and went down a couple of doors. “Finally.” I sighed, more to myself.

But Everett overheard it, and chuckled. “A little out of shape, are we?”

I huffed, and pushed my way inside the room. “Not even.” I mumbled, as I passed him.

As he shut the door, I took this time to check out the room. A king size bed sat in the middle of the room, with a white comforter spread out on top. Matching dressers, and end tables that matched the headboard of the bed. A few paintings hanging the walls, along with a few photos. And may I also add, a personal bathroom.

The room also smelled of cologne. Like a Hollister, or Abercrombie & Fitch store. Which both of them do smell amazing. Call me weird, but I loved the smell of those stores.

“Let me see your arm.”

My eyes widened a fraction. How the hell did he know? I tried to look down at my arm without moving me head, to see my hand rubbing my upper arm subconsciously. God dang it. Why didn’t I notice that.

I immediately put down my hand. “My arm?” I turned around, almost gasping when I noticed he had taken his dress shirt off, which only left him in a white muscle shirt. “I‘m fine.” 

‘Liar’ I thought, as I smiled softly, pulling my gaze from his muscular body. More of chiseled. His body seemed more, defined thought, his muscles stood out more than the last time I saw him without a shirt. Which was a long time ago.

I froze once I saw his serious face. Did he catch me staring? “Show me your arm.” Nope, good.

Frowning, I answered sternly. “No.”

He took a step forward, his abs rippled slightly, along with his arms. “Give me your arm, Michelle.” He spoke each word slowly.

“I said, no.” I held my arms behind my back.

“Do we really have to do this the hard way?” He took two steps forward this time.

Finally, I took a step back, towards the bed. “Dammit Everett, I said, no.”

“Watch your mouth.” He was taking four steps this time. Advancing at me one more step than the last.

Raising my eyebrow, I stared at him for a moment. “My mouth? Says the person that uses more foul language than I do.” I snorted.

“Yes, I might, but I‘m not a girl. It‘s not really cute or attractive coming out of a beautiful girls mouth.”

I almost choked on my spit. ‘Did he just say beautiful?’

“Don‘t say that.” I whispered.

Smirking he kept advancing towards me, making me takes steps backwards, trying to keep space between us. “No.” he smirked. “Show me your arm.” He reached for it, making me jump back, hitting my backside on the bed.

“Stop.” I whispered harshly.

“Fine. Lets do it your way then.”

My brows furrowed together, trying to figure out what he meant.

Until he finally shoved me backwards onto the bed, causing me to shriek.

My eyes widened as I noticed he was straddling me. “Get off!” I shoved his chest.

Rolling his eyes, he grabbed my arm that wasn’t hurt, and pinned it above my head easily. Holy crap. I tried hard to snatch my arm back, to break it free from his vice grip. I forgot how strong he was. Wait, he was never like this with me, so no wonder I didn’t know.

Quickly, before he could grab my other arm, I hid it underneath me, as if protecting it.

He gave me a crooked smile. “Michelle,” his minty, hot breath fanned over my face.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, and regretted opening them when they landed on his stomach. Even thought he was wearing a muscle shirt, you could still place where his stomach muscles were. Oh god, those abs. I inwardly sighed, and then mentally slapped myself.

“What?” I almost spat out, as I focused my gaze up to meet his.

He caught me. I know this because he had a smug look upon his face. “Like what you see?”

Cocky jerk. “I‘ve seen better.” I turned my head, and focused on the fine details of the dresser.

“Oh?” He tilted his head to the side, to get a better look at my face. “But I bet pretty boy doesn‘t look as good as me.” He whispered the last few words in my ear.

“Cocky bitch.” I muttered.

He only chuckled. “Language. And why aren‘t you looking at me?” I bit my lower lip. “Do you find this,..” He paused to take off his muscle shirt, flawlessly with one hand. “Me half-naked,.. sitting on you..” he paused again, pulling my wrist he captured down, and towards him.

Panicking at whatever he was going to do, I had to look at him. He rubbed my hand up and down his stomach, and I felt my cheeks flame immediately.

Was he insane!

“Distracting?” he finished.

And instantly I thought of Finnick from The Hunger Games saying that. One of the best, and also, one of my favorite lines. The only thing missing, was that Everett wasn’t in his underwear. And whoever played him in the movie better be perfect.

Pulling myself from my bookworm thought, I pulled my arm from under me while saying, “What the hell.” and trying my best to slap him.

It was like he knew it was going to happen, and immediately pinned my other arm above my head, and grabbed the other quickly. Pulling it so it rested on my stomach.

As soon as he saw, his face darkened. “Did she do this?” He looked up from my arm, back down, and up to me again.

He patiently waited for my answer. I didn’t want to tell the truth, fearing what she would do, so I stuck to lying. “Natalie.” I whispered. “She grabbed onto my arm when she was having a moment.” Her moment being a fit.

“Do you think I‘m stupid?” He got off me, pulling my arm along the way, and me into a sitting position.

“No.” I cast my gaze to the beige carpet.

“Then don‘t lie to me, okay?.” he shook my arm firmly, telling me to look up at him. His green eyes were cold. “These came from an adult. Someone with fake nails, because the imprints of the tips are smooth, and not narrow.”

“I won‘t.” I nodded numbly.

“Jaclyn?”

I didn’t even notice the tears that pooled in my eyes. I hated lying, and I didn’t really like when I was caught either.

“Shh.” he smoothed my hair with his other hand. “Just tell me, and I‘ll take care of it.” his voice was gentle this time.

I shook my head. “No.” I forced out in a rasp.

“Michelle,” he caught my chin in between his index finger, and thumb. “Just say yes, and I‘ll take care-”

“No.” I shook my head vigorously., causing the tears to spill. “Please.” I pleaded with this cocky douche.

“No what? No it wasn‘t her, or no..?” he trailed off.

“Don‘t take care of it.” I bit my lower lip again for the infinite time today when I felt him graze his thumb over my still softly throbbing scratches, which was going away slowly at each passing minute.

He sighed, and let his hand fall from my face. “But it was her?”

I shook my head, still not wanting to say. Not for her sake, but for mine. No telling what she would do.

“Fine. Let me clean that up for you then.” He started to head towards the bathroom.

“Everett, lets just get this over with.” He stopped, and turned around. “What is it that you wanted to talk about?”

“I really should clean-”

“No!” I yelled “Just get this over with, so I can go back downstairs.” I hopped off the bed, and started to pace, chewing slightly on my thumb.

“Have it your way.” He took my spot on the bed, and stared at me for a few moments. “Is she really yours?”

I kept my gaze on the ground, and kept pacing with my arms crossed. “Yes.”

“She has hearing aids?”

“Yes. Cochlear implant.”

“What‘s…” he paused, as if he didn’t know how to word it.

But, I finished his question in my head. ‘What’s wrong with her?’

“Waardenburg syndrome.”

“I‘ll have to research that later.” he mumbled. “How old is pretty boy?”

I stopped, and looked at him. “None of your concern.”

He smirked, clearly enjoying his interrogation. “Alright. How old is she?”

She referring to Natalie. Why didn‘t he just call her by her name? “A year, and a couple weeks.”

He paused. “Did she have her first birthday party already?”

Again, I stopped. I never thought of that, it completely slipped my mind to have a party for her. We did have a little celebration at home, but a party was something else.

I could invite some old friends from school, I heard Mikayla had a baby boy a couple months back, and we were on good terms, only since I gave her advice on the whole, ‘solo mother’ situation. My mom could invite her friends, along with whoever else.

“I never thought about that.” I whispered.

“Why don‘t we have one here?” he suggested.

“I don‘t know. I don‘t want your parents..”

He laughed softly. “They won‘t mind, it‘ll be fun for my mom actually, she loves planning children‘s parties. It could be big, small, anything you want, and she‘ll make it happen.”

“I‘ll think about it.” I gave him a smile, it was thoughtful.

“What‘s to think about? I‘ll let her know, and she‘ll make it happen, before you guys leave.”

“I-”

“We‘re having the party, and that‘s that, Michelle.” he finished with a raise of his eyebrow, as if daring me to disagree one more time.

I nodded, knowing I wasn’t going to win. “Anything else you want to know?”

Without hesitating, his next question caught my off guard. “Who‘s the dad?”

I felt like I was going to sweat bullets. “None of your-”

“Pretty boy?” he tilted his head to the side.

“Stop calling him that, ass.” I hissed his way. Rolling my eyes, still seeing he was shirtless. “And shirt it up bro.”

“I was about to, but since you cussed, you can forget about it now.” he smirked, as he leaned back.

“Anything else?” I huffed.

“Why are you here exactly?”

Uh oh. What could I say. ‘I just wanted Natalie to have some time with her grandparents.’ Not going to happen. “My mom..” I trailed off.

“Liar.” I felt his minty breath fan my face again.

I flinched at how fast, and close he was to me, and backed up into the wall. Bad idea, he placed his hand against the wall trapping me.

“Riley, and Miles..” I tried them instead.

“We‘re getting closer.” His face was inches from mine.

“I…”

“Almost there.” he whispered, I felt the heat from his lips, and I couldn’t move without our lips grazing one another.

“Your parents.. I wanted to meet your parents.” I said below a whisper, if that were possible.

Curiosity still danced in his eyes. Smirking he replied. “Why ever for?”

Swallowing hard, I wet my lips. “I never met them.”

He stared down at my lips, his smirk disappearing. “What?” he whispered, as if now lost.

His eyes flicked from my lips, to my eyes, to my worry lines forming on my forehead, before letting his gaze drop back to meet my eyes.

‘Please don’t kiss me.’ I chanted again, and again in my head. The heat from his body, was making my temperature raise, not in a sexual way, but to the point where I might sweat from nervousness.

“I can‘t..” he mumbled, as if the wheels in his head weren’t turning right.

Licking my lips again. “Can‘t?”

There was only a small space separating us. “I‘m sorry.” He whispered before pressing his lips to mine.

He broke the kiss shortly, closing his eyes, savoring the feeling. My eyes were wide in shock.  “Everett..”

He rested his forehead again mine, I felt his forehead crease into a sort of frown, but soon they went away, and he sighed with pleasure. “Damn.” He looked at my lips again, I knew he was having a war in his brain, over right and wrong.

I tried to rack through my brain at what just happened. And why did I let him? Did I want it too?

Finally looking away from my lips, I felt a little relieved. “Michelle.” he started. His green eyes, which were so mesmerizing, staring deep into my blue ones. “I want you back.” he whispered before closing his eyes.

“What..” He didn’t hear me though.

He soon pressed his lips against mine again.

More forcefully, as if I was going to disappear soon. Forever.

It felt so good. So right. Just like with…

My thought were cut off, once I felt Everett bite my lower lip, and his tongue slowly moving its way into my mouth. I slowly closed my fluttering eyes, and kissed him back.

So right, just like how it felt with.. Luke.

Oh no. I shoved him. Hard. He went stumbling back. “What the hell is wrong with you!” I yelled.

Maybe it was more of, ‘What the hell did I do?’

He ran one of his hand through his hair, and stared at my unashamed, as if he could care less about Jaclyn. And her feelings. “I don‘t know.”

“Who the hell do you think you are?” I asked. “Mr. High-and-Mighty? Thinking you can do shit like that, and get away with it, huh?”

I mentally snorted at myself, look at me. I’m equally guilty. I kissed him back

He took a step forward. “Don‘t you dare touch me again.” I warned.

“Michelle.” His voice was stern. “It‘s not like you didn‘t like i-”

He was cut off by the door opening, and a familiar giggle. “Hey man.” Riley greeted Everett. “She was looking for you.” He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

Soon Natalie came into our view, she pointed at Everett and smiled, and then to me, and did the same thing. She then patted Riley on the leg, with the back of her hand, as if telling him, ‘We found them.’

“Yeah,” Riley chuckled. “Mommy.” He pointed at me, and she smiled. “And daddy.” he pointed to Everett, his chuckle stopped short, his hand dropped, but Natalie smiled at him, or more of smirked.

Like Father, Like daughter.

But, my heart stopped, at what Riley just said.

“Oh crap.” he stated, he look nervously at us, and then to me, like he was about to shit bricks, then finally down to Natalie, his only escape. “Come on Natalie.” he laughed. “Follow me!” he sang, and dashed down the hall, Natalie laughed, waving goodbye to us before she started to follow him.

I stared at the empty doorway.

Three options.

Either, I could run. I could track Riley down, and murder him or punch him where the sun-don‘t-shine, or I explain everything to Everett. Right now.

Weighing my options carefully, I chose the first option, and I needed to run fast.

I know all too well what was going to happen here in a few moments. Everett was going to hunt me down, as soon as I ran.

‘Here goes nothing.’ I thought, before I ran like hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

 I also changed his actor, that seem more suited to play Everett, so check out the cast on the side, or the picture(:

Vote. Vote. Vote.

Comment.

Fan.

-Stephanie.<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107 17 19
This is my original story. Please do not steal. Sequel to First Catch. Melanie and Anthony have slowly been letting each other into their lives bit...
2.4K 16 45
{Completed} ==================================== "I'm scared Will." She whispered while looking up at the stars. "Of what?" I asked and turned to loo...
188K 5.4K 44
I called Brendon from the motel room phone. "Hello?" "Brendon? I need you here now come the the motel down the street from the coffee place ill be w...
170K 4K 40
"Don't look at me like that. I promise I will make you feel like a queen, when living here." He said looking straight through me. He came closer and...