A Story of Love

By maryc2793

This is another story of love which starts from the end; A story that will test love, its limitations and how... More

A Story of Love
Prologue
Chapter 1: Yes
Chapter 2: Diamond
Chapter 3: Dream Family
Chapter 4: Intimate
Chapter 5: Who You Love
Chapter 6: Signs
Chapter 7: Arrangements
Chapter 8: Twins
Chapter 9: Psychology
Chapter 10: Company
Chapter 11: Next Level
Chapter 12: First Day
Chapter 13: Troubles Start Now
Chapter 14: Jenna
Chapter 15: Sepanx
Chapter 17: Consuming
Chapter 18: Separated
Chapter 19: Reunited
Chapter 20: Busy Days
Chapter 21: Eyes
Chapter 22: Bad Dream
Chapter 23: Break
Chapter 24: Transient
Chapter 25: Crazy
Chapter 26: Away
Chapter 27: Proof
Chapter 28: Hug
Chapter 29: Impossible
Chapter 30: Happy Sunday
Chapter 31: Daddy's Girl
Chapter 32: Nannies
Chapter 33: Together Forever
Chapter 34: Vena Amoris

Chapter 16: Winner

647 13 4
By maryc2793

Anna

After Almira hit the doorbell, it only took 3 seconds before it swung open. A beaming handsome Jeric Allen Uy Teng welcomed us. Achi and Shobe chuckled behind me but I’m left dumfounded.

I miss my man, his face, his smile, even his mole. I miss everything about him. And we all thought it’s Jeric who has sepanx when it was actually me.

“Ahia, please move your face out of the way. These bags are heavy,” Almira complained from the back, raising the paper bags she’s holding.

“Squeeze your way in, Shobe. I miss my babies so much.” Jeric said without removing his gaze from my face. I giggled and pushed Jeric inside.

“What took you so long? I missed you so much though I knew it was you, babe. I can feel you right at the moment you entered the building,” Jeric proudly said which made us all chuckle.

“Bolero alert!” Achi Alyssa commented as she places the bags on the center table in the living room.

“And FYI, I rang the door doorbell. It wasn’t even Achi Anna,” Almira seconded the motion. Jeric just shrugged off his sisters and sat on the arm of the couch I’m sitting on.

“How’s your day?” He said and played with my hair.

“Sorry we got stuck in traffic. My day was fun. How about yours?” I looked up to face him.

“Miserable without you,” he wittily retorted.

“Save the sweetness for later after we leave. Where’s dinner?” Achi Alyssa said and looked to the direction of the kitchen.

“What dinner?” Jeric innocently asked.

“We thought you were telling us to come home because you prepared dinner, duh Ahia,” Almira stated with hand gestures.

“I didn’t say anything like that,” Jeric dismissed his sisters.

“Well?” Almira asked raising her eyebrow at her brother. “Aren’t you gonna do something about it? Hello Ahia! We’re hungry!”

“I thought you ate before you came here,” Jeric said.

“Uhh yeah?? Before we got stuck in traffic for an hour and a half. We’re hungry again. And in case you forgot, your girlfriend is pregnant she needs to feed another person inside her namely your baby!” Almira rented. Achi and I need to stifle our laughter at Almira’s remark.

Jeric, defeated, scratched the back of his head and went to the kitchen. “I’m doing this for Anna!” Jeric said before he went to the kitchen to prepare something for us.

Jeric made pasta marinara for me and his sisters for dinner. After we ate, his sister bid their goodbyes.

“I had so much fun, Achi. Thanks for letting me and Achi Alysh tag along. Let’s do this again,” Almira cheerfully said.

“We should definitely do this again,” Achi Alyssa excitedly agreed.

“Sure. That would be so much fun,” I also added.

“We’re just a call away, Achi,” Almira said.

“Can you just go? I want to be alone with Anna. You had her for a day” Jeric complained behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. I playfully hit his arm.

“Don’t be rude to your sisters, Jec,” I told him. He just shrugged it off.

“Achi, ingat sa pagdrive,” Jeric said. “Text me when you get home.” Jeric may bicker a lot with his siblings but I always know he loves and cares for them so much.

“We will. Ingat kayo dito. Call us when you need something,” Achi said and they went off.

“Alone, finally,” Jeric said when I closed the door.

“Yes. And I want to show you the things that we bought,” I excitedly told him. I dragged him to the living room where we put the bags.

Jeric’s expression changed when he realized that the long couch, center table and the floor in the living room are almost filled with paper bags. He might have missed this earlier because he was busy over me and his sisters.

He frowned and turned to me. I smiled shyly. “Did you buy the whole shop? No, scratch that. Did you buy everything in the mall?”

I tentatively chuckled and clung to Jeric’s arm. “We might have went a little overboard. Everything seemed so nice.”

“A little?” Jeric noted.

“Okay. We went way overboard. But the dresses were super cute. And it’s for Jenna,” I told him.

“What else did you buy aside from dresses?” Jeric asked in his investigative voice.

“We bought clothes and shoes, stuff that she would wear. The other things like the baby supplies, we’ll buy next time na,” I explained.

Jeric open his mouth to say something but thought about it and decided not to say it. “It’s not as bad as it looks, Jec. Here are nice and cute things inside those bags.”

“Fine. Show me,” Jeric said.

I gladly obeyed and drag him to the free couch where we can sit. We squeeze on it. I grab the first bag and produced a nice floral pink dress. Jeric smiled when he saw it.

“I think that’s pretty.” He said. I moved on and opened the other bags.

We were almost done opening the bags and Jeric had different reactions in each of the item I show him.

“Tutu skirt?! I thought we agreed on not making Baby Jenna wear a tutu skirt.” Jeric complained when he saw the skirts. I bought the same skirts but with different colors, purple, pink, blue and yellow.

“I can’t remember I agreed to that, babe.” I flashed a smile at him as he sigh in defeat. He can’t do anything about it. I already bought them.

After we checked the bags, Jeric ordered the helpers to fix the living room with all the bags everywhere. I also made them wash the clothes and organize them. When the room is cleared, Jeric stretched on the long couch and gestured me to sit beside him.

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my hair. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too,” I gave him a kiss on the cheek. “What did you do today?”

“I went to practice. After that, I picked up Dad. We went to the store and checked things there. I also accompanied Dad to do some of his errands. Then I went home. Boring day,” Jeric relayed.

“At least you had some bonding time with Tito,” I told him.

“Dad. He’s our dad now,” Jeric told me.

“Sige na po,” I answered back. “When’s your next game?”

“We have a game tomorrow.” He answered shortly.

“Aren’t you supposed to be resting now,” I said to him.

“Only if you join me.”

***

I’m preparing Jeric’s things for the game later. He’s in the bathroom taking a bath. He’ll go to MOA with the team and I’m going with Toni and his siblings. While I’m fixing his bag, I felt his phone vibrate.

Someone named Tanya Chang is calling him. I held his phone while it continued to vibrate. I’m debating with myself whether to answer the call or not. I feel something inside me that I can’t explain. Like this Tanya is up to something with Jeric. The phone stopped vibrating which brought me back from my trance.

I waited for it to vibrate again but to no avail. I decided to leave the phone alone and just wait for Jeric. I tried my best to keep the nagging feeling deep in my heart.

The bathroom door swung open. I heard Jeric singing from the inside. I smiled because he’s trying so hard to reach the high notes. I went back to his things.

“Fresh and clean, baby,” he said when he went out of the bathroom. “You can now hug you fine smelling Jeric,” he said and beamed.

I chuckled at his silliness. I lifted the towel to put it inside his bag when I saw his phone.

“Jec, a certain Tanya Yu called you a minute ago,” I said, trying my best to sound as casual as possible. But Jeric’s reaction turned me down. He’s face became two shades lighter.

“Ah, Tanya, she’s one of the engineer in Dad’s friend’s construction firm.” He said and turned his back at me. He suddenly busied himself drying his hair using his towel.

Okaaay. Why does that excuse sound so suspicious? “Ah-uhm, Dad’s planning to build a new building or something. She’s nothing.” He stammered.

Why is he stammering? “Okaaay, what does she want from you?” I can’t help myself to ask.

“Maybe it’s about the project. I was with Dad yesterday when he met up with them. Baka may itatanong lang.” Jeric answered without looking at me.

I wanted to ask why she is calling him. Why not directly call Tito Alvin? But I stopped myself. I don’t want to sound like a paranoid wife which I’m not, the wife part I mean. But I know Jeric is hiding something from me. I know him too well.

I also know that Jeric won’t do something that would hurt me. I need to trust him with this. So I decided to shrug it off.

“Okay. Your things are ready. They’re all here,” I said to ease the heavy atmosphere and pointed his bag.

“Thanks babe. Are you sure you don’t want to go with me?” He asked, now facing me.

I shook my head. “Toni’s picking me up. Then we’ll meet your sisters and Jeron at MOA. I’ll be fine. Focus on your game later. Jenna and I will be cheering for you.”

He sat in front of me on the bed. “Thanks. I will look for you there.” He reached for me and kissed me on my forehead.

“Go get us a W, Daddy,” I cheered.

“I like the sound of it. I can’t wait for Jenna to say it when she comes out,” Jeric said with his dreamy eyes. He reached for my tummy and rested his hand on top of it. “Baby, good girl ka diyan ha. Don’t be malikot so you won’t hurt Mommy. And please bear with Mommy later. She’s always excited when Daddy’s playing.” He smiled at me.

“Don’t worry, baby. Mommy will try to behave too.” I said.

“I love you both,” Jeric said.

“We love you too Daddy,” I answered for me and Jenna. “I prepared something for you to eat before you leave. C’mon.”

Jeric and I went to the kitchen hand in hand. And the mysterious Tanya Yu issue was buried deep. After Jeric ate, he went off. I waited for about 20 minutes then my brother arrived. We went to MOA to meet with Jeric’s siblings.

“Achi!” Jeron called. He was the first one to see me and Toni. We met on a coffee shop before going to the arena.

Jeron guided me on the chair across him beside Almira. He fist bumped with my brother. I gave Achi and Shobe a beso.

“What would you like to drink guys?” Achi Alyssa asked.

“We already ate before we came here. I cooked for Jeric earlier before he left. May natira pa kaya kinain na lang naming ni Toni. But thanks Achi,” I told her.

I felt my phone vibrate in my hand since I was holding it. I got atext from Jeric.

From: Jeric <3

Babe, where are you? The game will start in 15. I need to see you before the game. I’m starting.

To: Jeric <3

We just grabbed something to eat. We’ll be there in a bit. You’ll do great, don’t worry. Goodluck. Baby Jenna and I love you. :*

From: Jeric <3

Please hurry but be careful. I love you both, :*

“Guys, Jeric texted na. The game will start in a few. Let’s go na?” I told the others. Nobody protested then we all went to the arena.

When we entered the arena, the players were already warming up I spotted Jeric who’s poised to take a three point shot. He took the shot and it went in. I smiled because I’m so proud of him. He’s grown to be a great basketball player. His game kicked in like he did in his collegiate career.

We went to our seat. Jeron and Toni were alternating on guiding me walk. Now, it was Jeron.

“Sobrang galing na ni Ahia diba, Achi,” Jeron said. “He’s gotten better. Inspired kasi eh.”

“Kaya dapat ikaw, ipagsigawan mo na kung sino yang inspiration mo,” I retorted which made him smile.

“Don’t worry, Achi. I’m going to beat you epic love story with Ahia. I’ll have my time,” he smirked. I smiled to my love’s not so little brother. I know he will.

We reached our seat and Jeron guided me. I was on the edge so I won’t have a hard time to go the middle. Beside me was Almira, then Achi, then Jeron, then Toni. We are right behind the ROS bench. Some of the coaches recognized us and waved at us. We smiled back at them. One of the coaches talked to Jeric and pointed to our direction. When Jeric saw us, his face lightened up and he ran towards us.

“Here comes knight and shining armor,” I heard Almira whispered. I smiled at her and when I looked straight, Jeric’s in front of me.

“Finally, my lucky charms are here,” He said.

“Does that includes us, Ahia?” Jeron teased from his seat.

“Nope, only my babies,” Jeric said without removing his gaze from me.

“I used to your baby Ahia, remember when we were younger?” Almira added, smiling with batting of eyes.

“Yeah! He calls you baby boo when you were a baby, Shob,” Achi Alyssa joined in, agreeing to what Almira said.

“Shut up siblings. Only Anna and Jenna,” Jeric retorted to his siblings. He turned to me, “Cheer for me.”

“We will,” I answered then smiled. “Now, get down there and warm up.”

He bent down to kiss me on the forehead and went to the court to warm up.

“Yun yun eh,” Jeron snickered. “Ahia ko yata yan,” He said to Toni and high fived him.

The buzzer went off to signal the start of the game. The first five of each team was called in the floor. Jeric was called on the floor and the crowd went wild. It feels like his UST days, back when he was still the King Tiger. I joined the crowd and cheered for him. Jeric’s siblings and Toni also chipped in the cheering.

The game is intense. It is the quarter finals against the Meralco Bolts. But Jeric and the other Elasto painters are all on point. They’re getting shots after shots. The buzzer signaled the end of first half. ROS is up by 2. The players went to their dugouts but Jeric was held off by the courtside reporter. Jeric was the highest pointer in both teams.

While the girl was interviewing Jeric, I remember the call Jeric got this morning. I leaned to Almira, who was busy with her phone.

“Shobe, do you know a certain Tanya Chang?” I asked her. She thought about it.

“Nope, why?” She answered.

“Nothing. Does your Dad, by any chance, have a friend who owns a construction firm?” I followed up.

“I’m not sure about that. Marami naman kasi friends si Dad eh. Why are you asking?” She said.

“Wala naman,” I wanted to ask more. I hate myself for being suspicious of Jeric. I should trust him, right? But I can’t deny the nagging feeling in my gut. Urgh!

“Are you alright, Achi?” Almira asked, waking me up from my trance.

“Yeah,” I said.

Almira looked at me suspiciously but we were startled. We all turned when we heard the giggling girls behind us. Apparently, they were Jeron’s fans, actually the Teng fans.

“Hi po, pwede po bang magpapicture?” One girl asked Almira.

“Sure.” Almira answered. The girls took a selfie with Almira, then Jeron then both. One girl came to me. She looked hesitant so I smiled to her. She smiled back.

“Diba kayo po yung girlfriend ni Kuya Jeric?” she asked. I smiled and nodded.

“Ang ganda niyo po pala talaga. Sa pictures lang po kasi namin kayo nakita,” the girl said. I felt myself blush. “Pwede rin po ba kaming magpa-picture sa inyo?”

“Uhhh, sure?” I hesitantly said. The girls stood beside me and took selfie photos with me. I’ve been with Jeric for almost two years now and I’m used to fans who wanted to take pictures with him but now with me. This is unusual.  I’m usually the one taking the pictures for them. This is a first.

“Totoo po bang magkaka-baby na po kayo ni Kuya Jeric?” another girl asked.

I smiled and pointed to my protruding belly. I thought they would all looked at me disgustingly but to my surprise they all got excited.

“Siguro girl po yan. Blooming po kayo eh,” one of the girls commented.

“Correct!” Almira answered for me.

“What’s the commotion about?” I heard Jeric said. The girls moved away from the view and it showed Jeric walking towards us. He was smiling from ear to ear. The girls were turning red in stifling their squeals.

“Nothing, Ahia. The girls just wanted to take pictures,” Jeron said smiling. I turned to the girls and they were smiling shyly at Jeric, obviously starstruck. I can tell that they’re more of Jeric’s fans than Jeron’s. They’re reactions say it all.

“Hi girls,” Jeric greeted them. The girls turned from red to purple like they’re not breathing. I’ve seen these reactions a million times already.

“P-pwede po ba kaming magpa-picture sa inyo?” the brave one asked. Jeric smiled and they all went behind Jeric for a selfie.

“Do you want me to take the picture?” I volunteered.

“P-po?” they all stuttered.

“It’s alright. Can I have the phone?” I stretched my arm and opened my palm.

“Uh-hhmm, pwede po bang kasama kayo sa picture?” one asked.

“Fine! I’ll take the picture.” Almira stood up and took the pictures. We took a couple.

After the mini photo op, the girls thanked us. “Ang ganda po ng girlfriend niyo,” one girl said before leaving. Then they all went running to their seats.

“May fans ka na rin ah,” Jeric teased. “Pumunta lng ako rito para humingi ng lucky charm,” he said then pouted.

“Loko!” I said but I couldn’t resist him. I tiptoed to give him a quick kiss on the cheek. Then, we heard the whole arena cheer. We look around until Almira pointed to the screen. Jeric looked up and we saw are faces looking up.

I felt my cheeks burn. I was caught in the act. Jeric looked down to the camera and waved. He made me look at the camera. I wanted to hide behind him but I don’t want to look like a teenager. So I decided to smile in the camera, hesitantly though.

Jeric politely signaled the cameraman to point his camera in a different direction. The nice cameraman did so.

My cheeks are still hot while Jeric was guiding me to my seat. “I have to get back there, babe. You’ll be alright here?” I nodded, still blushing.

Jeric leaned closer. “It’s okay, babe. You just showed the world that you love me so much. Now’s my turn.” He said and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. “Cheer for me.”

Jeric went back to the court, smiling. His teammates, who apparently saw our scene, were teasing him when he got to them.

The buzzer went off to signal that the second half will be starting. The game continued. The Elasto painters were able to pull away because of their unforgiving defense and on point offense. But at the last 5 minutes, the Bolts were able to make a run until they were only down by two.

8.7 seconds were left in the game and ROS was down by a point. They called a time out to draw a play. I looked at their huddle and they all looked focus.

After the time out, Gabe Norwood was tasked to inbound the ball. He successfully passed it to Paul Lee. He directed traffic until everyone was in position. Jeric was standing on the corner. Paul passed him the ball with 3.1 seconds left. He faked at the 3-point territory. His defender took it and jump over but Jeric stepped inside the circle and took the jump shot. It went in with 1.3 seconds left.

The ROS fans went wild, of course including me. With so little time, it feels like they already won. There were no time out left in both teams, so the game continued. When the bolts tried to inbound the ball, it went out. There was no time left. ROS won and it was because of Jeric Teng’s clutch jump shot.

Jeric was named as the player of the game. He said his thank yous in his speech during the interview. After that, he slowly walked to the dugout. Achi, Shobe, Shoti, Toni and me made our way to the ROS’ dugout. We were able to reach Jeric before he entered the dugout.

“Ahia!” Almira called him. He turned and his face lightened up when he saw us.

“Hey,” he said and went directly to me.

“Congratulations,” I said to him. I wanted to say more but somebody called him. We all turned to the voice who called him. We saw their team manager with a middle aged man.

“Congrats Jeric. You did great,” their team manager said.

“Thank you po,” he said.

“I want you to meet Mr. Guevara. He has something to offer you. Mr. Guevara, this is Jeric Teng.” the manager said. The man offered his hand. Jeric took and shook it.

“Hello, Mr. Teng. You had a great game. Congratulations. By the way, I’m from Samsung Philippines. This is kind of informal, the formalities will come after but this is official. I wanted to offer you to be our new face,” the man said.

Jeric smiled and looked at me. I nodded encouragingly at him “Of course, sir. I would be honored as long as it has no conflict with my other commitment.”

“Well, that’s all I need for now. I’ll talk to your manager for the other matters? If you don’t mind, can I get his number from you?” Mr. Guevara asked.

Since I have Jeric’s manager’s card. I hurriedly took it out of my bag and gave it to Jeric. Jeric handed it to Mr. Guevara. He look at it and smiled.

“I guess I should see you soon,” Mr. Guevara said and offered his hand. Jeric shook it.

“Thank you, sir. Looking forward to working with you,” Jeric said.

“And Mr. Teng, you have a pretty wife.” He said before leaving. Jeric politely smiled and the two guys went off.

“Uy! Bagong endorsement yun, Ahia! Sama ako!” Jeron commented.

“Wala akong magagawa, Shoti. Package deal tayo,” Jeric answered him. I heard exclaimed behind me.

Jeric turned to me. “I wouldn’t say yes if you didn’t agree.”

“Of course I want you to be successful, so go lang ng go, Jec. I’m actually happy for you,” I told him. “But be sure you won’t drain yourself. You should still have your rest.”

“I’m doing this for you and Jenna. I want to give you a good life,” he said. “And I promise to still make time for you and me.”

“Enough with the sweetness. Ahia, go change na. You stink. Congrats, by the way.” Almira said.

“Thanks, Shobe. I know you love me. I love you too,” he teased his sister and turned to me. “And I love you. I’ll just change then I’ll treat all of you.”

“Anywhere we like?” Achi Alyssa asked.

“Anywhere Anna likes,” Jeric said and went inside the dugout.

“Where do you want to eat ba Achi?” I asked Achi Alyssa. We all agreed to eat in a Chinese restaurant.

After a few minutes, Jeric with his other teammates went out of the dugout. Coach Yeng and the other coaches were also trailing behind them.

“Anna, ikaw na ba yan?” Ahia Jeff Chan asked. I nodded and smiled. “Lalong gumanda ah. Bagay sayo maging buntis. Glowing oh.”

“I didn’t even recognize you. You’re growing more beautiful everytime I see you. What does Jeric do to you? And I’ll do it to my wife,” Gabe Norwood commented which made everyone laugh.

“Matagal ka na rin naming hindi nakikita ah. Hindi ka na buminisita tuwing practice kapag may game naman, hindi mo na kami dinadalaw dito sa dugout.” Kuya Beau Belga added.

“Nakakamiss din yung carbonara mo,” Paul Lee joined in and everyone agreed on the carbonara. Before, I would cook carbonara for the team when I have time. “Jeric kasi tinatago ka.” 

“Hindi naman po, pinagpapahinga lang. Her pregnancy is delicate and as much as possible I want her to rest,” Jeric said.

“Naks! Husband na husband na ang dating ah,” Ahia TY Tang said. They all huddled over Jeric. Some messed his hair, other pinched his arm. Ang kulit!

“Are you coming with us guys?” Coach Yeng offered me and my company.

“Coach, I promised I’ll treat them kasi eh. Is it okay if I’ll miss the team dinner? Bawi ako next time,” Jeric answered. I saw his teammates snicker from behind.

“May bagong endorsement kaya lakas ng loob mang-libre. Hindi ba kami kasama sa libre?” Raymond Almazan commented and high fived Ahia Chris Tiu.

“Let’s leave Jeric with his family na boys. Let’s go na and it’s getting late,” Coach Yeng ordered. The team left us outside the dugout.

“Your ROS family feels like the tigers all over again,” I told Jeric.

“Correct! They’re also super makulit,” Almira agreed on the side.

“Let’s go?” Jeric said. He offered his arm and I clung to it then we all went to the Chinese restaurant for dinner

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note:

Here’s another chapter guys. I hope you’ll enjoy this one. So, what have we brought up in this chapter?

1.       Who’s Tanya Chang? Is Jeric telling the truth of her being an engineer? What will she build in their lives?

2.       Anna got new fans

3.       Jeric got a new offer

Wait for the next chapter. Don’t forget to let me know what you think about this one and leave a comment. I would really appreciate them. If you have some suggestion, please feel free.

Comment and Vote XOXO

Continue Reading