The Way To My Heart [Niam Zia...

By shimefuan

Niall Horan is a regular band member of One Direction. His life completely changed when he announced to the w... More

Author's Note:
Chapter 1: The Secret
Chapter 2: I Kissed an Angel
Chapter 3: Troubled Heart
Chapter 4: The Liar
Chapter 5: Breakfast Without Niall
Chapter 6: Foolish Heart
Chapter 7: Temporary Blindness
Chapter 8: Memory Lane
Chapter 9: Eavesdrop
Chapter 10: Twister!
Chapter 11: Shielding Him From Pain
Chapter 12: Who's To Blame?
Chapter 13: Shower
Chapter 14: Second Time
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Gone
Chapter 18: Find The Missing Leprechaun
An Important Question (Or Should I Say A Contest) ^_^
Chapter 19: Twenty Hours Earlier
Chapter 20: Deep Thoughts
Chapter 21: Crybaby
Chapter 22: Father and Son
What's to come?
Chapter 23: The Irish Smile
Chapter 24: From Liam To Niall
Chapter 25: Friend Zone
Chapter 26: The Kiss
Just Sharing...
Chapter 27: Dysfunctional Family
Chapter 28: It's Always Been You
Chapter 29: The Text Message
Chapter 30: The Payneful Misunderstanding
Chapter 31: The Warning
Chapter 32: Lies & Confusions
Chapter 33: Fear
Chapter 34: The Three Lettered Word
Chapter 35: Kissing Someone Else's Lips
Chapter 36: My Chicken Is Your Chicken
Chapter 37: Unforgivable
Halloween 2012
Chapter 38: The Change in Me
Chapter 39: The Unexpected Transformation
Chapter 40: Boyfriend
Chapter 41: I'm Sorry
Chapter 42: Thank You
Chapter 43: Liam's Evil Plan
Chapter 44: So Wrong
Chapter 45: The Fortune Teller
Chapter 46: Fantasy
Chapter 47: Protecting Zayn
Chapter 48: Official
Chapter 49: Crumble
Chapter 50: A Moment With Him
Chapter 51: Grovel For Your Love
Chapter 52: Bee Mine
Chapter 53: Misery
Chapter 54: The Suggestion
Chapter 55: Payne vs. Malik
Chapter 56: Dissolution
Chapter 57: Truth Behind A Lie
Chapter 58: Red Plaid Scarf
Chapter 59: Big Surprise
Chapter 60: Another Surprise
Chapter 61: Torment
Chapter 62: Wrath & Banter
Chapter 63: Irish
Chapter 64: Visiting Nana

Chapter 15: The Screw-Up

16.3K 129 22
By shimefuan

I am so sorry if this is long overdue update. This week is a little crazy. I had to write a paper for my Roman Civilization class last Thursday then final exam the day after that. Anyways, I'm glad that I'm back on writing again. I miss the feeling of writing. I hope you guys will love this update. Things are starting to develop to the lads and I wish you would still keep reading this story. Don't forget to vote, comment, and fan me. I need your support. Thank you.

* * * * * 

Liam's POV

Harry just told me that Niall was in the shower with Zayn. It felt like someone splashed a bucket of icy, cold water on me. Shocked to my very core, I ran immediately upstairs but then I heard a loud singing voice. It was definitely Niall's. He's a loud shower singer. I caught myself smiling but a sudden thought wiped off my smile, that is Zayn. What is he even doing with Niall on shower? Just thinking about it made my blood boil and snap someone's neck. I do hope they're not doing anything inappropriate. But still, I can't let go of this feeling that Zayn is into Niall. The way he looks at him, it's my gut feeling that I should watch my back.

When I stepped into Niall's room, I called out his name then the singing comes to a halt. That's when my nervousness kicks in. What if, what if? Oh God, Liam! Don't be so pessimistic. I'm sure Zayn wouldn't do something so reckless but a memory from the Twister game struck to my mind. Zayn looked at him with such intensity. There's something about the way he looked at him, something that I can't trust. But I also know that Zayn wouldn't deliberately hurt Niall.

As I stepped into the bathroom, I gasped seeing Niall naked body sitting on the tub and Zayn was standing couple of inches away from him, just staring at one another. It looked like something happened.

"What happened?" I asked, wondering if I could get into the bottom of this mystery. Niall quickly looked at me. His face was completely flustered.

"Oh, Zayn was just helping me with the shower." He replied immediately, trying to conceal something. I could tell by his voice.

"What were you doing here?" Zayn said, almost glaring at me. "I thought you were going to the management's office." He continued.

"Yeah, I was but then I forgot my phone. Harry told me that Niall is taking a shower so I thought he needs some help." I said, reciprocating Zayn's glare at me.

Niall burred, rubbing both of his arms in a fast motioned. "Are you cold?" I asked. He nodded. I walked towards him and as I was reaching out for the soap, Zayn slapped it out of my hand. I gave him what-the-heck-are-you-doing look. He has no right to slap my hands. But he replied with I'm-here-first-so-back-off look. He was definitely asking for a challenge and if he thinks that I would bow out then he's definitely mistaken. There is no way I would hand out my Irish boy just like that.

He started putting soap on Niall's messy dark blonde hair, the bubbles starts to appear with an apple scent. It smells so good that it made his stomach growl. "Sorry lads. This smells so good." He chuckled weakly.

I dig my hands on his scalps, fighting for Zayn's hands, which was also in Niall's scalps. He was putting pressure into it and I'm doing the same while we exchanged cruddy glances at one another. The force of four hands made Niall's head to bob. "Hey lads, my head is not a dough. You really don't have to massage that much." He joked, while his head kept bobbing up and down. Zayn and me massage lightly Niall's head after hearing that comment. We chuckled and looked at Zayn but when Zayn looked at me, he scoffed at me. I did the same thing to him.

"Why don't you go to the management already? I can finish up here." Zayn suggested, sounding like to get rid off of me.

"Oh, they can definitely wait. Besides, Niall is my priority." I said with a smile on my face.

"Awww, that is so sweet, Liam." Niall said, playing with the water on the tub like a five-year old kid. At the corner of my eye, I swear I saw Zayn rolled his eyes, probably irritated by my presence. What is the deal with him? Why is he fixated on Niall?

When Niall was finished with rinsing, getting rid off the bubbles of his sexy, smoking body. I immediately wrapped a soft green towel around Niall before Zayn beat me to it. I swear I saw an imaginary puff of smoke coming out of his ears and nose, like an enraged dragon ready to blast a fire on me.

"Thanks Li." He smiled at me. I have to admit I can't stop giggling deep inside of me every time that he flashed that rejuvenating smile all over me. No matter how tired and exhausted I am, just seeing that Irish smile recovers all of my energy, feels like I'm all brand new.

As I was about to put a shirt over Niall's head, Zayn pulled it out of my hands forcefully. Unfortunately, Niall saw it, with a confused expression on his face.

"What are you guys doing?"

"Oh nothing," I just chuckled, pulling the shirt from Zayn. Suddenly, I thought of a wonderful idea that would definitely Niall see me in a different way. "Just checking the elasticity of your shirt." I start flexing my biceps, while pulling the head section of the shirt in two opposite directions. And suddenly, we heard a loud ripping sound. The next thing I knew that Niall's one shirt became two.

Niall gasped while Zayn was giggling too much, turning his slightly tanned face into a pink one; and I was standing there with my biceps contracted, holding two ripped pieces of his shirt on both of my hands; one on the right and one on the left. Oh no! Liam, what on earth did you do?

My whole body was shaking tremendously, realizing what I've just done. This beating heart of mine was racing as the lightning drew itself in a stormy night sky. I slowly looked at him, all I can see was his emotionless face. Seeing it up close, disappointment and hatred toward myself was all I can think about. I never took away my gaze at him; I want to feel all this negativity creeping out on me. Hell, I deserve it! He moved after a couple of seconds, snapping from the dimension where he's trapped into, looking for clean clothes on his closet. I saw him winced while putting clothes on, putting a lot of stress on his hands but he ignored the pain. He walked away after without even bothering to look back at me. There were no words to describe how painful what I'm feeling at the moment including me wanting to take a hold of a scalpel and start digging into my chest then ripped my heart out of my chest.

"Where are you going?" Zayn asked worriedly.

"Out of here!" Niall said with teary eyes. There was harshness in his voice. It would hurt if he didn't say that. He left but I followed him until on the stairs.

"Niall..." I grabbed his arm. He stopped, never looking back at me. I know he's very upset. I also know that he loved that shirt. You could say that it's his favorite but I don't know why.

He turned around, his arm stiffed. His teary blue eyes pierced through my heart. He stared at me with such disgust manner. "What!" He yelled.

"I-I'm s-soorry," my voice was trembling. Fear and anxiousness crept through my whole body. Seeing him in this state doesn't feel right. I've never seen Niall this furious. It was quite a shock. It's unexpected for a sweet, innocent guy like Niall could be scary as a shark waiting for a prey under the cold ocean water.

"Let go of me, Liam James Payne," he said in a chilly tone. It was so cold that it could kill me in an instant. He called by my full name. It was the first time that he called by that name and I didn't like the feeling behind it. I still would prefer if he would just stab me repeatedly than him calling by my full name.

"I'm really sorry, Niall. If you want, I'll just replace it." I raised my voice slightly. He started to bug the heck out of me. I know it's just a shirt and I felt so remorse for destroying his shirt but he didn't have to be that bitter about it.

Niall's POV

I gasped at what Liam had just said. Replace it? Who the fuck he think he is?! He can't just replace it. It was a gift from Greg, my brother. It was the same shirt when I auditioned from X-Factor. It has a special significance to me. I just realized that Liam is such a prick, no doubt about it. He's acting like he is this cool dude but deep inside he's just like everybody else. He thinks he's better than anybody just because he act like he's the leader of the group.

I grabbed his hands and slowly pulling his fingers out of my arms. Although, it hurts so much to move my hands, I endured it. My hate for Liam was far greater than the pain throbbing in my hands. The same stinging feeling when you felt a droplet of rubbing alcohol on your fresh wound.

"Look, I really didn't mean it." Liam raised his voice. And now, he has the nerve on raising his voice on me. What a complete douche bag? All I want is to get out of here, somewhere where I can think and reflect on what I'm gonna do next.

"I just need some alone time." I looked at him, trying to sound calm. But when our gaze met, the ripping sound of Greg's gift to me was all I can think about and it made my blood boiled in an instant. I just can't forgive him, I can't!

I ran downstairs immediately and felt relieved because I didn't hear any footsteps behind me. As I was to head out, Harry called out to me, holding a plate of freshly baked chocolate muffins.

"Want some?" Harry smiled. The scent of a moist freshly baked chocolate muffins was sitting right there on a plate just staring back at me. I gulped; I could never resist the temptation of letting that muffin running on my salivating mouth. The feeling of chewing of that soft dough and satisfying my urge to taste a chocolate one more time would be considered a crime if I didn't eat the muffin. But then, I heard footsteps and voice behind me. I know it was Liam's.

"I'm not hungry!" I ran away as fast as I could and can't believe myself that I just turned down a perfectly good pastry. I need to get away here as fast as I can before Liam could corner me again. I might hurt him this time.

Liam's POV

I stood there as Niall ran downstairs. It hurts so much to realize that he hates me now. Liam, how can you be so stupid? This is so not like you, acting like a reckless person. You were the think first before act type of guy. Your plan to impress Niall turns out to be a huge disaster. Because of your foolishness, the guy of your dreams now loathes you. I suddenly realized that I won't let his anger toward me grew bigger. I have to do something right now! I started moving my feet toward downstairs and sees Niall talking to Harry.

Hearing Niall refusing to a plate of chocolate muffin was very unlikely for Niall. His hate for me was greater than his love for food; I can't help but to put myself to blame. What is the deal with his shirt? Why is he so hung up to that?

"What happened?" Harry glared at me as I walked towards him, insinuating I did something wrong.

"Why would you assume I did something wrong?" I tried avoiding Harry's suspicious glare at me as I could but I failed. The smell of his pastry was so mesmerizing; it must be too hard for Niall to resist this smell.

"Liam..." He raised his brow at me. Then I saw Louis walking towards us. His apron looks like they had a food fight while they're making the muffins. There's a splatter of flour and stains of chocolate chips on his apron. His face could easily give away what happened to the kitchen. His left cheek also had splatter of flour on it, including his brown hair is now almost white.

"What's going on?" Louis started. "Did I just heard that Niall is not hungry? What is up with the world?" He continued, massaging both of his temples indicating he has a severe headache.

"Liam did something." Harry blurted it out. Louis gasped. And I was standing there feeling more remorse that I should've. Their stares could easily burn a hole on my face. I told Harry and Louis what happened. Harry gasped while Louis was disappointed on what they heard.

"You did what?!" There was horror in Harry's green eyes. It looked like he saw a ghastly evil spirit glaring back at him.

"What? I told him I'd replace it." Somehow, they had the similar reaction when I told Niall that I'll replaced the shirt.

"You don't get it, do you?" Harry said with an irritated tone. He puts down the chocolate muffins on the nearest table and crossed his arms. I should be the one irritated by this whole thing. "Any shirt is replaceable. It's not like somebody died." I defended myself this time. I really don't like when people were cornering me. This time, Louis gasped.

"You did not just say that." Louis' blue eyes widened, he raised his right index finger and waved it horizontally at me repeatedly.

"What?" Confusion starts to drew itself on my irritated face. What do they know that I don't? What is with that shirt?

"You're an idiot, Liam!" Harry's voice echoed on the whole living room. Idiot? Don't you think that's a bit harsh? I know I made a mistake on ripping off Niall's shirt by accident but calling me offensive names would not help my case.

"Don't you know what shirt meant to Niall?" Louis followed, his blue eyes observing me every inch of my face, and making me uncomfortable. It felt like they were trying to say something I just couldn't put it together.

"Well if it really meant that something to him then he should say something before storming out," I said, with another irritated tone; anxiously waiting for their reactions. Harry lowered his head and buried it on his palm and shakes it slowly, indicating he's utterly disappointed.

"Thank God, you're pretty," Louis said. For some odd reason, I didn't like the way he said it. It felt like they're telling that me I'm such a stupid person. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I catch Harry glaring at me and let me tell you, it didn't feel good. "Boo Bear, talk to Liam before this plate flew," Harry said in a disgusting tone. He's clearly upset. "and broke someone's nose." He continued and starts to walk away.

Louis walked towards me. "He didn't meant that," he caressed my back. I observed Louis carefully, his facial expression and his body language. Out of the two, Louis was the calm one. He's the most reasonable one, and not likely to have a nervous breakdown. I'm still thankful somehow that he was behind me all this time.

"So, care to tell me what's the reason behind on Niall's shirt. Why is everybody making it a big deal when it shouldn't be?" I said. Not knowing this part of Niall made me sad. I'm supposed to know everything about him.

"Liam, that shirt has a very special significance to Niall," he started, leading me to the kitchen. He pulled the wooden stool and sat on it. I sit beside him, carefully observing him. He placed his elbow on the table and rests his chin on top of it, giving him a very serious expression on his face. It was very creepy to see Louis on this condition. He's always making jokes and being funny. But this time, he was dead serious.

"It was a gift from Greg, his brother," he turned around, his gaze met mine. His blue eyes were making me a bit uncomfortable. Somehow, it reminds me of Niall's, not like romantically but more of a guilt. "And that shirt that you destroyed is the same shirt he wore when he auditioned on X-Factor. It's his lucky charm."

For a moment, my heart stopped. Hearing it for the first time shocked to my very core. It was a gift by his brother and it's his lucky charm as well. I just realized why he like wearing it all the time and now I ripped it out like it was nothing. And I kept saying that any shirt was replaceable. What the fuck is wrong with me? How can I face him now knowing I wreck something so important to him. If it's any possible to hate myself to the millionth time that's what exactly I'm feeling right now.

I snapped back to reality when Louis waved his hands at me. "What?"

"It seems like you've seen like a ghost."

"I hate myself," my voice broke down, my eyes starts to water and tears coming out of it. Louis hugged me; caressing my back and telling me that everything will be fine if I act now. My chest felt so heavy all of a sudden and breathing seems like a very hard thing to do. My mind kept yelling at me saying that I am not worth of anything.

"What should I do?" Louis wiped the tears streaming to my face. "You should find him and apologize. I'm sure that Niall would forgive you. He's not the type of person who would hold a grudge." He smiled, looking through the kitchen window. "Besides, it's getting dark. As you know, Niall was a bit scared of dark places plus he got lost all the time. Make sure to find and bring him back here. There's loads of food waiting for him." Hearing that from Louis soar my spirits high. For some odd reason, I kind of like this side of Louis. He may be goofing all the time but when the tough gets going, he's a reliable friend.

* * * * *

Niall's POV

I walked and I walked and I walked rapidly and turn in every street I see until I realized I was lost again. Oh no! What do I do now? How do I go back? How many turns did I take? I dig my painful hands on my pocket trying to locate my phone but it wasn't there. Great! It's weird for an Irish to be so unlucky, right? I caught myself laughing at my ridiculous joke.

My mind was still filled with Liam and with his cocky attitude. I can't believe he would say something like that. If he only knew what that shirt meant to me. Maybe that's why I get so unlucky all of a sudden because my lucky charm got destroyed. I really want to hate him but the thought of him seeps a tickle of happiness deep inside my heart. I really can't hate him if I wanted to. His existence made my existence worthwhile. His hazel brown eyes, his irresistible smile, his tight chest, his breath-taking abs, and the way he treats me are the reasons why I can't hate him. I like him too much that I might be able to fall in love with him. I can't possibly hurt someone like him. My conscience wouldn't able to take all of that hate. I just can't. He's too important to me.

I found myself inside of an empty playground. I sat on the swing, starts kicking the ground and I moved forward and backward with my thoughts buried at the back of my mind.

Maybe this is my karma. Maybe the universe is punishing me for kissing not once but twice the guy that Liam fancies. I really felt terrible for kissing Zayn. When we first kissed, I was completely surprised. I'm not really expecting it coming from him but on the second time, it felt like a different side of me emerges inside of me and took over my body and to respond his kisses. I have to admit, I did like kissing Zayn. Who wouldn't? He's oozing hot. Oh God! Did I just say oozing? I felt my cheeks reddening just the thought of Zayn.

My grinning face comes to a halt when a sudden memory flashed into my mind, my promise to Zayn to help him with Liam. It sucks being me! I am the worst friend ever. How can I stay angry with Liam when thinking of inappropriate things with Zayn was all I can think about? I didn't realized until now that I am such a hypocrite. Liam should be the one who's going to be mad at me if he found out that I have a hidden desire over Zayn. The thought of Liam getting mad at me would be the end of me. I don't think I'll last a minute of him hating me.

Yeah, I'm sure this is my karma, my punishment from the heavens above. I should just stop being a baby over a shirt and just apologize to Liam so my sins would be lessening for a bit.

I almost lost my balance from sitting from the swing when I heard a familiar voice. It was Liam's. My heart definitely skipped a beat. For some odd reason, I got so excited seeing him smiling at me. I jumped from the swing, lost my balance and landed on my face.

"Are you okay?" Liam hurriedly walked towards me and wiping off sand on my face.

I chuckled. I am now a very unlucky Irish boy, all my luck has gone and I'm sure my life would change from now on. "Yeah, just a little tipsy."

Just looking at his hazel brown eyes makes it even tougher for me to resist and the promise I made to Zayn seems too impossible to do. No, Niall! Don't add more to your eternal list of sins. This is ridiculous, get your fucking Irish act together. I got up and tried to make a believable serious face I can do as of the moment.

"I'm sorry, Liam." His reaction wasn't quite what I'm expecting. He looked surprised, maybe because he felt awful for what happened to the shirt. But it doesn't matter anymore. What's done is done and all I can do is move forward and never look back.

"Why are you apologizing to me? I'm at fault here, Niall." His sparkling hazel brown eyes were just too mesmerizing. I wonder if I can really pull myself together.

"No, don't worry about it," I smiled. "Besides, it's really quite an old shirt. At some point, I'm going to toss it. You just beat me to it." I laughed awkwardly, hoping that Liam would believe it. But still, saying it still hurts me. I love that shirt.

Apparently, it didn't work. My awful joke didn't make its way to Liam. He wasn't laughing or smiling. He had this serious expression on his face. "Louis told me."

I didn't quite get what he was saying. Louis told him what exactly? Wait, does Louis know my desire over Zayn? Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit! How is that possible? I didn't tell anyone. My mind is spinning so fast that I am literally seeing stars. Did they notice how I act around Zayn? Oh, Niall, you are one stupid and unlucky Irish boy! Panic is starting to creep on me. What do I say? Do I deny it? Do I just admit it? What if this the start of my doom? Too many questions, I can't even begin which one to answer first.

You are so screwed, Niall!

* * * * *

That's all for now. Hope you guys love it! :] 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 5.1K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
86.1K 4.8K 34
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
136K 4.2K 45
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ๐Ÿ’Œเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
659K 40.3K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...