A Lotus in Winter: A Rock Lee...

By Shortstack10k

The mission ended just like every other mission Lee had been on, and nothing was exciting about returning to... More

Chapter 1: The Trail
Chapter 2: The Stranger
Chapter 3: The Cave
Chapter 4: A soft voice
Chapter 5: The Return
Chapter 6: The Hospital
Chapter 7: A Strange Appearance
Chapter 8: Introductions
Chapter 9: A New Feeling
Chapter 10: Welcome part 1
Chapter 11: Welcome part 2
Chapter 12: The Anbu Test part one
Chapter 13: The Anbu Test part two
Chapter 14: The Anbu Test part three
Chapter 15: The Anbu Test part four
Chapter 16: The Anbu Test part 5
Chapter 17: Results
Chapter 18: A Wretched Past
Chapter 19: Backstory
Chapter 20: A dark past
Chapter 21: Lost on the path of life
Chapter 22: Some secrets are better kept
Chapter 23: The Unknown
Chapter 24: The Solemn promise
Chapter 25: Captured
Chapter 26: Freedom Brings Truth
Chapter 27: Dark Past, Unsure Future
Chapter 28: Truth
Chapter 29: Home
Chapter 30: Results
Chapter 31: Surprise
Chapter 33: The Mask
Chapter 34: Truth
Chapter 35: Truth Cont.
Chapter 36: Devastation
Chapter 37: Destruction
Chapter 38: The Will of Fire
Chapter 39: Rebirth
Chapter 40: Awakening
Chapter 41: Reparations and Rest
Chapter 42: Tension
Chapter 43: War
Chapter 44: War Cont...
Miracle
Infinite Tsukuyomi
Chapter 47: Rude Awakening
Chapter 48: Home
Chapter 49: Funeral
Chapter 50: Sweet Love
Chapter 51: The Plan
Chapter 52: Proposal of a Lifetime
Chapter 53: Bittersweet
Chapter 54: Bittersweet Cont...
Chapter 55: Rain
Chapter 56: A promise of a Lifetime
Chapter 57: A long awaited Day
Chapter 59: Something New
Chapter 60: The Future of Konoha
Chapter 61: Life
Chapter 62: Life Cont...
Chapter 63: A Soft Cry
Chapter 64: Metal Lee Part One
Chapter 65: Metal Lee Part Two
Chapter 66: End

Chapter 32: Peach Tree

1.4K 58 53
By Shortstack10k

Sayuri's POV:

I met Lee at the Peach tree that morning, I was excited for training before I went to work at the hospital. He looked so handsome in his green jumpsuit.

I smiled at him as I walked up.

"Good morning Lee!"

"Good morning Sayuri!"

"Let's head to the training grounds." I started to walk off when I felt his strong hand on my shoulder.

"Not yet Sayuri. I need to tell you something..."

I was confused, but I listened.

Rock Lee's POV:

This was my chance to tell her, it would be so much easier if she didn't look at me that way.

"Sayuri, I can't keep it a secret anymore. I love you with all of my youthful heart and I want nothing more than to give you my heart. Spending time with you has made me a better man, a better ninja, and I want to call you mine."

My heart was pounding, what would she say? She took my hand.

"Lee, I love you too. I want you to have my heart, because of you it is no longer in pieces. Because of you I have friends, a family, and I know what love is."

I smiled and had to hold back from crying, I took her by surprise and pulled her in for a passionate kiss. Peach blossoms fluttered in the wind around us as the sun rose. She melted into the kiss and so did I. I didn't want to come up for air, but eventually we did. We were both blushing.

I gave her a present, a pair of my leg warmers, and she immediately put them on. She then took her ninja head band and tied it around her waist. She was beautiful, I held her hand and we walked to the training grounds together. This was a dream come true, I finally knew what true happiness was.

Our training that morning was in sync, and Sayuri managed to perfect a new jutsu as a surprise for Kakashi. I walked her to the hospital and we held hands all the way. She kissed me goodbye, and went off to work. I hung around for a bit, watching her work when Sakura walked up.

Sakura: "Oh Lee, don't tell me you're here to flirt again. Well make it quick, declare your love for me or whatever it is you want, I have work to do."

I stuttered to tell her that wasn't why I was there, but before I could, I realized that Sayuri was working within earshot. I saw Sayuri in my peripheral vision. Her eyes welled with tears and she ran away. I tried going after her but she went into surgery and I couldn't follow. She probably thought I didn't really love her and that I wanted to use her or something. Way to go Lee, I'm such an idiot! I never loved Sakura, I just thought I did and I didn't have the guts to tell Sakura that. If I had, then Sayuri wouldn't be upset.

Sakura: "Lee?"

Lee: "...I don't love you Sakura, I never did. I love Sayuri and because of what you just said, she may not think I do anymore. So thanks a lot."

I stormed out, angry at myself and Sakura, but more than anything I was upset. I wanted nothing more than to keep a smile on her beautiful face, and because I couldn't speak up I made her cry. I went to try and take my mind off it by training but I just kept thinking of her. I knew I couldn't do anything until her work was done, but I couldn't get my mind off the way she looked at me. I should have told her about my previous confession to Sakura. She would have understood, after all why would I want a cherry blossom when I could have a lovely peach blossom?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 513 31
Hidaka Amane was born to the Hidaka Clan - a Clan which left the shinobi world a hundred year ago becoming extinct for the rest of the world. Things...
126K 7.3K 71
After dark - that's when all those bad thoughts you try to bury away come back to surface. And with no one around to help, you find yourself falling...
193K 8.7K 17
You weren't born blind. But by the time you were four your vision was completely gone. Most people think that you won't ever become a ninja. They don...
111K 3.8K 30
A story about a girl that is different from everyone is this ninja world, her best friends are Naruto and Rock Lee, she is bullied by almost everyone...