The Catalyst (GirlXGirl)

Von LBrooks23

~COMPLETED~ In a world that is overruled with corruption and a new incurable disease sweeping through several... Mehr

Chp. 1 "New Best Friend"
Chp. 2 "One Year Later"
Chp. 3 "Attraction"
Chp. 4 "A New Face"
Chp. 5 "Undeniable Feelings"
Chp. 6 "Change of Plans"
Chp. 7 "Close Call"
Chp. 8 "Realization"
Chp. 9 "Here's the Plan"
Chp. 10 "Good Guys and Bad Guys"
Chp. 11 "Finishing Up"
Chp. 12 "Oops"
Chp. 13 "Revelation"
Chp. 14 "Who Am I?"
Chp. 15 "What's Next?"
Chp. 16 "The Call"
Chp. 17 "Recruiting"
Chp. 18 "Last Day"
Chp. 19 "Rehearsal"
Chp. 20 "A Familiar Face"
Chp. 21 "And We're Off!"
Chp. 22 "A Friendly Chat"
Chp. 23 "Arrived"
Chp. 24 "Meet the Masons"
Chp. 25 "Eye Opener"
Chp. 26 "Close Call"
Chp. 27 "Home Sweet Home"
Chp. 28 "New Ability"
Chp. 29 "A Serious Talk"
Chp. 30 "Untimely Introductions"
Chp. 31 "Proper Introductions"
Chp. 32 "Preparation"
Chp. 33 "Convincing Lies"
Chp. 34 "Bad News"
Chp. 35 "Secret Skills"
Chp. 36 "Goodbyes"
Chp. 37 "Phase 1"
Chp. 38 "Finally Alone"
Chp. 39 "Deep Thought"
Chp. 40 "Doctor Henson"
Chp. 41 "Down Time"
Chp. 42 "Pursuing Phase 3"
Chp. 43 "Surprise"
Chp. 44 "Welcome to the Bureau"
Chp. 45 "The Lab"
Chp. 46 "The Truth Sucks"
Chp. 47 "Deep Conversations"
Chp. 48 "It's a Date"
Chp. 49 "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"
Chp. 50 "Two-Sided Story"
Chp. 51 "Hard Work"
Chp. 52 "Great News"
Chp. 53 "Shocking Information"
Chp. 54 "Saving Avery"
Chp. 55 "Confessions"
Chp. 56 "Shocking Secrets"
Chp. 57 "Unexpected Call"
Chp. 58 "Old Wounds"
Chp. 59 "Training"
Chp. 60 "A Much Needed Talk"
Chp. 61 "Awkwad Introductions"
Chp. 62 "Business Meeting"
Chp. 64 "Round Two"
Chp. 65 "Friendly Advice"
Chp. 66 "Forgive Me"
Chp. 67 "Morning After"
Chp. 68 "The Final Meeting"
Chp. 69 "The Plan's in Motion"
Chp. 70 "Mishap"
Chp. 71 "Plan B"
Chp. 72 "Escape"
Chp. 73 "The Final Chase"
Chp. 74 "Aftermath"
Chp. 75 "A Step Forward"
Chp. 76 "Welcome Home"
Chp. 77 "A New Beginning"

Chp. 63 "Late Night Talk"

8.3K 366 31
Von LBrooks23

Chp. 63 “Late Night Talk”

After the meeting with Walker everything inside me seemed to become tense with nerves, and I knew it was because I had agreed to the absurd plan he had pitched. He was right; it was most likely our only way inside of the Defense Department at the F.P.S. Although, I knew that going in there with Max would leave me only one choice if I ended up coming face to face with General Pearce.

I would be expected to kill him instantly.

The plan seemed fairly easy, but executing it carefully was key and not getting caught doing something I shouldn’t be doing.

Walker had explained how killing Pearce would be the end to all our problems. He explained how Pearce had been put into power and had the ability to go to extensive legal measures to get what he wanted. Although Walker’s plan seemed to be shaky, I understood one thing.

Eliminating Pearce would finally stop the absurd Super Soldier idea, at least temporarily, if not… I would continue being hunted and risk the human population. If Pearce was taken out then debate would spark, and people would be able to defend their argument against the idea, knowing they wouldn’t be able to with Pearce still alive.

He would have them killed if they protested.

Walker had explained how they were oppressed over there, and how free will was no longer an option, especially in the Defense Department. If you were given an order, no matter how crazy, you had to do it, or you were fired or killed, depending on the importance of the mission.

It was actually pretty terrifying.

We had left immediately after the meeting because we all had preparation to run, including Walker. The plan was diverse and seemed to be carefully thought out, which was something that bewildered me because we came up with it within an hour of being together.

But it seemed fairly doable.

We were heading back to the Bureau now, and Avery seemed to be passed out on my lap. she was still, and her breathing was slow, and I knew it was late and had been a long day.

I was ready to just sleep.

Roger spoke, “Andy, you and Taylor are going to need to train. You need to be able to master teleportation and certain techniques if we’re going to go through with this plan.”

I felt my heart grow heavy at the realization that Taylor and I would have to have another training session, and I knew Avery wasn’t going to be happy about it. The last thing I wanted was Avery to feel threatened by Taylor, which she already did. I wasn’t sure if I had anything with Taylor, or if it was just some stupid teenage crush, but I wanted to avoid it altogether.

And now that was impossible, because she was involved in all of this too.

I shrugged it off, “Yea, I guess so.”

Taylor looked at me from the front seat, seeming to look a bit annoyed at my response. She retorted, “You perform well when there’s no pressure and I’m there helping you, it won’t be like that if this thing happens Andy. You need to realize that.”

Her voice was serious, and I knew Max and Gage were listening with wide ears. Not only did they find fascination in Taylor’s power, but of course Taylor was gorgeous as well. They were lured into her every detail, and honestly, who couldn’t be? She was gorgeous and captivating, and her independent personality only made her even sexier.

And even when she was kind of fussing at me I was still in awe by her.

I heard Max mutter something stupid and immature like “awe”, as if I was getting scolded by a school teacher. I rolled my eyes at the both of them, knowing that this was serious. I had stress on my shoulders every day since I found out about who I really was. Didn’t they realize I had gone through some serious shit in the last couple months of my life?

We made it back to the Bureau as we all unloaded, allowing me to finally wake up Avery. I wanted to be away from everyone as soon as possible, too lazy to walk to the room. I grabbed Avery and held her in my arms, waving everyone off, “Night guys, see y’all in the morning.”

Taylor spoke, “Don’t forget, Training room at 2:00.”                           

I nodded sarcastically towards her before picturing my room and feeling the familiar want to go there. I exhaled and Avery and I fell onto the bed, Avery speaking, “That was… super weird.”

I smiled, “Makes your head feel fuzzy, huh?”

She eyed me and rested her hand on her palm, “So, you and Berkley are training again tomorrow?”

I sighed heavily, not wanting to get into this conversation with Avery at this time. I was exhausted, but I didn’t want to leave her thinking she had anything to worry about. I mean just because I felt weird feelings toward the woman didn’t mean I was in love with her. There was just absolutely no way that Avery had competition with some other woman over me.

Was there?

I nodded, “Yes, but it’s only to practice and try to get a good grip on a certain skill. She’s the only one that can help me on this one Avery.”

Avery leaned over and looked up at the ceiling, breaking eye contact with me. She took a deep breath and shrugged, “Guess I’ll have to go chaperone tomorrow.”

I growled, “Avery, stop. You have nothing to worry about ok? It’s training, that’s all.”

I had a feeling she enjoyed competition, but apparently she didn’t like the feeling of competition over me, and I couldn’t blame her. According to her story I was the first person she’s ever fallen in love with, and I couldn’t hold it over her head if she didn’t like the jealous feeling she had when we were around Taylor.

I climbed on top of her, looking down into her worried eyes that always seemed to make me melt inside. I tilted my head, “Are you jealous? Is that what this whole thing is about?”

Avery snorted, “I’m not jealous, if you want to fuck with some grandma be my guest.”

I smiled slightly, laughing at her exaggeration, “Avery, she’s 24.”

She seemed a little annoyed at the fact that we were talking about Taylor, but for some reason I couldn’t drop the subject. I leaned down, bringing my face to hers as she responded, “I’m not the jealous type.”

I found this funny, because it was clearly visible that she was in fact jealous, and she was trying her best to seem like she wasn’t. For some reason I found it cute, but on the other hand I didn’t want her lying to me about anything anymore. I wanted her to be honest, and even though I couldn’t get out of training with Taylor, I wanted Avery to know I loved her, not Taylor.

I whispered, “Please be honest with me, you promised you wouldn’t lie anymore.”

My words seemed to shake her a bit, and she then brought her hands to me and cupped my face. She leaned up and kissed me softly, and then spoke, “Yes, I’m extremely jealous. She’s fucking gorgeous Andy, and I can see the way she looks at you. I know that look ok? And I know I’ve hurt you, and I know you’re still having a hard time trusting what I saw but… I’m telling the truth. I love you, and I don’t want to lose you to some woman you barely know just because she’s fucking trying to lure you in.”

I couldn’t help but feel conflicted, because I knew exactly what Avery was saying. I was having a hard time trusting her, but that didn’t mean I stopped loving her either. Yes, Taylor and I had some weird sexual tension going on but I was controlling the situation, because I would constantly think about Avery. As long as Avery was in my mind I believed I could resist anything, simply because I knew how much I cared about her.

But to be honest, I was a little worried, because I knew I had been feeling something for Taylor since I had met her.

I forced a smile at Avery, responding, “I love you, not her. I mean I’m here, even after you told me everything, don’t you realize that?

She remembered the awful talk we had after she revealed the biggest secret to me, and I knew she was going to feel bad about that for a long time. I couldn’t deny the fact that she had hurt me, and she couldn’t deny the fact that she had done me wrong, but I knew deep down she didn’t mean to hurt me.

She spoke in a serious tone, “I’m going to make it up to you, Andy. I’m going to prove to you that I want to be with you, no lies and no secrets. Just give me time.”

I spoke without thinking then, “We have forever.”

My words seemed to hit her in the face as we both came back to reality, and she shook her head, “No, you have forever Andy. I don’t.”

Suddenly I understood that Avery and I wouldn’t ever be able to have our happy ending we’ve always wanted. I would stay frozen as an 18 year old forever, never aging, while Avery would continue to grow up and mature. I wanted to be with her more than anything, but the reality of the situation wouldn’t allow it.

She would eventually die, and I wouldn’t.

Unless we could somehow develop a way to give her the Healing power as well.

I spoke, “Maybe we can try to give you the Healing power, like the F.P.S. wants to do with those soldiers.”

She seemed shocked, and even slightly appalled that I had pitched this idea. Didn’t she want to be with me forever? Or was she just shocked because she hadn’t thought of that option?

She shook her head, “I’m not sure if I want to live forever.”

It hurt hearing that, only because I had assumed she knew this was the only option. I whispered, “I thought you wanted-”

“I do want to be with you forever,” she cut me off, continuing, “But I wouldn’t be able to watch everyone around me die Andy. I’m not strong enough.”

I realized I would have to do exactly what she was explaining, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to do it either. Did she think I was going to allow the death of everyone I loved and not be phased by it?

But I would have no choice, and I would live a long lonely life that would last forever because there was no way to reverse my fate.

I would be 18 forever while all of my friends and family died around me, and I could do nothing about it.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

19 0 12
***This book is available on GoodNovel, WebNovel and Amazon .. This is a preview of the full story .. Every person is unique. We might not have contr...
772 62 15
Andrea Stark is your normal teenage high schooler. She gets good grades and is always nice to people she meets. One thing sets her off and makes her...
220 1 30
this story is about a new team of the valiant universe. it consist of Dakota Jennings aka bloodhound. he's half loa half human with a special aflicti...
853K 31.9K 30
Sage Carlos is the new intern at the company of her dreams. She thrives to earn a place in the company to keep being a happy international bean in Lo...