The Catalyst (GirlXGirl)

By LBrooks23

~COMPLETED~ In a world that is overruled with corruption and a new incurable disease sweeping through several... More

Chp. 1 "New Best Friend"
Chp. 2 "One Year Later"
Chp. 3 "Attraction"
Chp. 4 "A New Face"
Chp. 5 "Undeniable Feelings"
Chp. 6 "Change of Plans"
Chp. 7 "Close Call"
Chp. 8 "Realization"
Chp. 9 "Here's the Plan"
Chp. 10 "Good Guys and Bad Guys"
Chp. 11 "Finishing Up"
Chp. 12 "Oops"
Chp. 13 "Revelation"
Chp. 14 "Who Am I?"
Chp. 15 "What's Next?"
Chp. 16 "The Call"
Chp. 17 "Recruiting"
Chp. 18 "Last Day"
Chp. 19 "Rehearsal"
Chp. 20 "A Familiar Face"
Chp. 21 "And We're Off!"
Chp. 22 "A Friendly Chat"
Chp. 23 "Arrived"
Chp. 24 "Meet the Masons"
Chp. 25 "Eye Opener"
Chp. 26 "Close Call"
Chp. 27 "Home Sweet Home"
Chp. 28 "New Ability"
Chp. 29 "A Serious Talk"
Chp. 30 "Untimely Introductions"
Chp. 31 "Proper Introductions"
Chp. 32 "Preparation"
Chp. 33 "Convincing Lies"
Chp. 34 "Bad News"
Chp. 35 "Secret Skills"
Chp. 36 "Goodbyes"
Chp. 37 "Phase 1"
Chp. 38 "Finally Alone"
Chp. 39 "Deep Thought"
Chp. 40 "Doctor Henson"
Chp. 41 "Down Time"
Chp. 42 "Pursuing Phase 3"
Chp. 43 "Surprise"
Chp. 44 "Welcome to the Bureau"
Chp. 45 "The Lab"
Chp. 46 "The Truth Sucks"
Chp. 47 "Deep Conversations"
Chp. 48 "It's a Date"
Chp. 49 "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"
Chp. 50 "Two-Sided Story"
Chp. 51 "Hard Work"
Chp. 52 "Great News"
Chp. 53 "Shocking Information"
Chp. 54 "Saving Avery"
Chp. 55 "Confessions"
Chp. 56 "Shocking Secrets"
Chp. 57 "Unexpected Call"
Chp. 58 "Old Wounds"
Chp. 59 "Training"
Chp. 60 "A Much Needed Talk"
Chp. 61 "Awkwad Introductions"
Chp. 63 "Late Night Talk"
Chp. 64 "Round Two"
Chp. 65 "Friendly Advice"
Chp. 66 "Forgive Me"
Chp. 67 "Morning After"
Chp. 68 "The Final Meeting"
Chp. 69 "The Plan's in Motion"
Chp. 70 "Mishap"
Chp. 71 "Plan B"
Chp. 72 "Escape"
Chp. 73 "The Final Chase"
Chp. 74 "Aftermath"
Chp. 75 "A Step Forward"
Chp. 76 "Welcome Home"
Chp. 77 "A New Beginning"

Chp. 62 "Business Meeting"

8.5K 373 34
By LBrooks23

Chp. 62 "Business Meeting"

Sunday had passed slowly, and after explaining everything to Avery about the meeting with Walker she seemed to be just as shocked as everyone else was. I had explained from the day he called me up until everything, even the meeting with Taylor and how we really met. I obviously left out the detail that I had felt an extreme attraction towards her, and I was now convinced Taylor felt it too.

But I couldn't tell Avery that. Knowing her she would probably try to kill Berkley or something.

Although, Avery was convinced that she now had some competition going on with Berkley, which I wasn't sure was a good or bad thing. I knew Avery cared about me, but Taylor seemed to be playing some weird game.

And now we were all meeting in Roger's office, and I knew it was going to be one very awkward situation.

Avery, Max, and Gage were following me through the hall that was dimly lit from the closing hours. It was 10:00 at night, and we were about to leave for the meeting place. I was nervous, and I believed we all were, just because we had no idea whatsoever why one if the Agents from the F.P.S. would want to meet and talk with us.

But we weren't passing up the opportunity for more information on them either.

Then we made it to Roger's office, and I pushed the door open nervously, knowing Taylor would be in there with Roger. I was just praying Avery or Max didn't say anything stupid.

Roger saw us and smiled, but still being able to hold a serious demeanor. He spoke, "Ok, so here's the plan. Berkley and I will bring our guns in case, Andy and Max will cover Gage and Avery if needed. Although I don't believe we'll need it, considering everyone's pretty convinced Walker seems to be on our side now, but let's stay skeptical."

We all nodded as we headed down the hallway, and Avery's arm stayed snaked around my waist as I felt Taylor's eyes on my back. It was extremely uncomfortable, but I was glad Avery wasn't afraid to show me off, although I knew why she was doing it.

She was jealous, and it was super cute.

We made it to the parking garage where the familiar black Tahoe was waiting, and we all piled in. I sat with Avery, and Roger and Taylor sat in the front, leaving the boys to climb into the very back. I was extremely nervous in meeting this guy, and I knew this car ride wasn't going to make me feel better because the awkward atmosphere was suffocating.

We drove out of the facility completely, and Roger headed down a dirt road that lead us away from the Bureau.

Then Max spoke, "Can you believe it's been two weeks since I've seen outside the Bureau?"

Roger spoke, "You know you all can leave whenever you want? We understand you're kids and all, go out and have some fun."

Gage spoke, changing the subject, "How has the distributing of the vaccines gone?"

Roger sighed, "Pretty well, we've cured thousands of people already. It's a miracle we developed a cute on time."

Max patted my back then, "Thanks to Avery and Blaine."

I smiled as I leaned into Avery, feeling her body warmth against mine. I knew I had come close to losing her, and in that moment I had realized how much she actually meant to me, and how much I didn't want to ever lose her.

Then after what seemed like forever, we made it to a closed office, which looked eerie to me. I knew we should be skeptical about this whole thing, and I was, but this building just creeped me out.

Roger looked back at all of us, "And we wait."

~ ~ ~ ~

"There's someone driving up."

I listened to Gage's tone in his voice, which immediately alerted me, causing me to sit up out of Avery's lap. I watched as the familiar black Dodge Charger made it's way towards us, and I realized Walker had held true to his promise.

He was alone.

I spoke, "He's alone."

Roger responded cautiously, "Let him come to us."

And he did, slowly, and I watched him exit his car dressed in a casual button up and work slacks, as if he had just come from work. He looked around skeptically, and then walked up to the driver's side window, and I held my breath.

I prayed Roger wouldn't bash his head in when he rolled down his window.

Roger rolled down the window, speaking firmly, "Walker."

Walker seemed taken back by the presence of Roger, and he retorted quite nervously, "Boyd. I'm guessing Andrea's in the back."

I spoke, opening my door in the process, "Are we having the meeting in the building?"

Walker pointed to the closed facility and spoke, "Yes, so we won't be out in the open."

Roger retorted, "If there's anyone else in that building I'm blowing your head of Walker, pick your battles wisely."

Walker responded sarcastically, "Don't you think I'm smarter than that? Besides, if I wanted to ambush you and your clients I would've done it weeks ago."

I looked at him, crossing my arms as I walked in front of him, "You did, remember? You shot me. Six fucking times."

He sighed, "Look, it was an order from my boss. It's not something I particularly wanted to do, and I apologize, because now I realized I'm working for the wrong team. Not to mention meeting you and not bringing you in is jeopardizing my life, so at least you can't die."

I felt bad suddenly, seeing all the stress he was under as we followed him into the empty building. He was also telling the truth about this place, it was deserted, but that didn't stop Roger from yielding his gun at his side.

He began talking immediately, "When I realized who you were Andrea, I ratted you to the government. It's my job to do so. And when I found out you had the same power as your dad, they ordered me to kill you. Now that they know you can Heal they've ordered me to kidnap you and bring you in, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it."

I just listened to him as he took a seat at a large table, which held a lot of chairs, leading me to believe this was a meeting office. He folded his hands on the table and looked at Roger, who began to speak.

"So what's your motive in meeting with us?"

Everyone in this room had anticipated this moment, and it was now about to be revealed. We all waited impatiently for the truth.

Walker continued, "I have a plan, but it's quite dangerous. Although, it will give you direct access to the Defense Department at our facility, and direct access to the asshole behind all of the nonsense."

This caught all of our's attention, and we all seemed to tune in and listen to every syllable coming out of Walker's mouth.

Roger pressed, "What exactly are you pitching?"

Walker responded seriously, "Fake a kidnap of Andrea, get her into the Defense Department, and take out General Pearce once and for all."

This plan frightened me, and I almost refused because I would have to go into it and possibly be tortured like Blaine had said. Avery felt the tension I held and gripped my hand under the table, and Roger spoke, "No way, that sounds like you're setting us up for the wolves. Not happening."

Walker reacted, "How else are you going to get your hands on Pearce, Roger? You won't. He'll have you killed before you can even THINK of a plan. I'm telling you, this can work, but the planning has to be careful. It has to be precise."

I looked across the table frantically, switching from Roger to Walker, and then to Taylor. She seemed just as shocked as I did, and even appalled at Roger's consideration of this idea.

Then I heard Max's voice, "If Andy's going in there, I am too. I'm not letting her go in there alone."

"Me neither. If Andy goes, we all go," Gage joined in, and suddenly I realized what my friends were suggesting.

I shook my head, "No. I can't let y'all go in there, I'm not letting it. If I have to go in there alone to protect the rest if you, I will."

Max spoke, "Andy don't be stupid. We're going in there with you."

I nearly yelled, realizing if my friends went in there they would most likely be killed. I shook my head, "NO! You're not. I'm sorry, but I can't let you. You would die Max, and I can't let that happen. Not to any of you."

He seemed hurt, as if I was denying him everything he's ever wanted. I saw pain in his eyes, but I knew he understood why I was doing this. He shook his head, "I want to fight along side you Andy, we're stronger together. You know that."

I knew what he was talking about, I had realized it the day we had discovered my power. We were much more powerful together, as if we fed off of each other, but I would rather be without him to protect him.

Because I loved him, and I couldn't let him come with me on this one.

Walker spoke, "They wouldn't kill him right away, I think they would try to convince him to join. Or be a Snitch, but they would only kill him if he endangers employees."

Max looked at me and I sighed, "He can control electricity, does that sound dangerous to you?"

Walker nodded, studying Max, but of course Max was going to try and convince Walker to let him. He responded, "I can control it, quite well actually, but I wouldn't use it unless I absolutely needed to. And if we need a quick escape I can shut down the power system within seconds."

Walker looked at me and I stared at Max with pain in my eyes, pleading for him not to come with me. I could protect him well enough for him not to get himself killed, but accidents happen and I could slip up.

And Max couldn't Heal back to normal.

But I knew Max, and he wasn't going to take no as an answer, not to something like this. There was absolutely no use fighting with him, because we all knew Max and I worked extremely well together.

And I wanted him next to me doing this.

Walker spoke, "Andy, what powers do you have?"

I shrugged, "Electric control, obviously Healing, Telekinesis, and Teleportation."

My eyes snapped to Taylor then, and I saw a weird look cross her face. Avery wasn't too happy knowing I possessed anything from her, but I could do nothing about it now.

And I think Taylor enjoyed that idea.

Then Walker pulled out a blue-print of a building and an ink pen, spreading it over the table.

"So here's the plan."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Ally By ESaraithewriter

Mystery / Thriller

135 7 17
It doesn't take much to set me off. I'm a ticking time bomb. I'm a black widow spider feeding on anyone and anything weaker than me. And I have power...
1.9K 69 15
Andy Warthorn is a bright light. And like a moth drawn to a flame, Jia Greene - closeted lesbian - follows her, hoping one day she'll get close enoug...
738K 25.3K 14
~COMPLETED~ Alexandra Grey, but more commonly going by Alex, is planning on attending the planned annual senior trip with her class to Rio de Janeiro...
2.4M 82.8K 41
~COMPLETED~ GirlxGirl / TeacherxStudent. ~ ~ ~Being one of the most popular girls in high school, Kate Brooks thinks her life is perfect. She has mon...