The Secret Prince (Amourshipp...

By Azazel0886

After his loss in Unova Ash returns home to regroup and plan which region he will go to next. However while p... More

A few words from the author
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
authors request
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Putting it to a vote
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71

Chapter 26

13.4K 238 316
By Azazel0886

Author's notes
After I posted chapter 25 I thought about it and decided that you, the readers deserve another chapter as a thanks. So here I present to you chapter 26. And as always, vote if you like it, share with your friends, and please comment. I like to read the comments and respond if called for.

As planned the gang left Dendemille Town this morning after celebrating Serena winning her first princess key. They planned out their route during breakfast and saw a small town with a Pokemon center on the way that they would arrive at before dinner. So instead of camping they decided to stop there for the night. As they entered the town they noticed the decorations, as well as several children running around in costumes. "What's going on here?" Ash questioned, hoping his Kalos friends knew. "I have no idea, it looks like some kind of festival." Clemont replied. "Yay, looks like fun." Bonnie cheered. "Come on, let's go to the Pokemon center. I'm sure we'll be able to find out more there." Added Serena.

The gang made their way to the Pokemon center where they saw the wigglytuff standing at the desk. "Welcome to the Pokemon center, how may I help you?" Everyone thought the wigglytuff was speaking until nurse Joy jumped out from behind it laughing. Everyone looked very confused as they looked at nurse Joy, she then realized, "oh, you must be from out of town. Well you picked the perfect day to arrive as we are celebrating the Gourgeist festival." "So that's what's going on." Said Clemont. "What's the Gourgeist festival?" Asked Ash. Before nurse Joy could answer from behind the gang another person answered, "only the best festival ever." Everyone turned around, "Miette?" Everyone said in unison. "Yup it's me. If I knew you were heading this way I would have given you all a ride in my limo." "So I take it your here for the festival?" Asked Serena. "That's right. More specifically the costume party my uncle, Count Pumpka, throws every year for the festival. Normally it's by invitation only, but my uncle always tells me I can bring my friends, so I can get you in if you like." Miette replied. "Oh can we guys?" Bonnie pleaded to everyone. They all looked at each other and nodded. "Ok, we're going." Clemont said. "Great, now all you need are costumes. I just bought mine and was about to change. I could show you to the costume shop if you like?" Miette offered. "No need, just leave it to me." Serena replied. In no time at all Serena made costumes for everyone. Bonnie was a Ludicolo, and Dedenne was a corphish, per Korrina's suggestion Clemont was a Lucario, while Korrina was a Gardevoir. Pikachu was a psyduck, while Ash was a Frogadier and Serena was a Braxin. Considering Ash and Serena's costumes and the fact that Frogadier and Braxin don't get many opportunities for dates, it was decided that they could come also dressed as their trainers, which everyone thought was a fun idea. "Ok were all ready, where's Miette?" Asked Ash. "Right here." Said Miette from behind. Everyone turned around to find Miette dressed as a female Meowstic. "Wow, your costume looks great." Bonnie said to Miette. "Well thank you. Your costumes look great too. Serena did you actually make these?" Miette asked. Serena nodded. "These look just as good or better than a store bought one." Meitte complemented. They all then left the Pokemon center and made their way to the castle on top of a hill overlooking the town.

Upon arriving at the entrance to the castle they saw several guards not wearing costumes with Gourgeist and a women dressed as a Mismagius with a tablet checking name's for the guest list. "Welcome back princess." The women said as they arrived. "Thank you Liz. These are my friends and they will be joining me as my guests." Miette stated. "Very good. I need your names please." Liz said looking at the gang. "My name is Ash Ketchum." "Wait a moment please." She said as she checked the list, "There you are, Prince Ash Ketchum of the Cameran Palace." Ash's eyes grew wide upon hearing this. "WHAT!" Said everyone else in the group except for Serena. "I swear Ash I had no idea you were on the guest list." Said Miette as she held her hands out in front of her. "Ash are you really a prince." Asked Clemont. Ash nodded, "can we please discuss this inside? I promise to explain everything to you all after we are inside." The others agreed and gave their names to Liz before entering. "Ok Ash spill it." Said Korrina. Ash took a deep breath and explained everything to then as he did for Serena a few months ago. "Wow. Well I can't say I blame you, your logic makes sense." Said Clemont when Ash was done. "So Serena, you already knew all this didn't you?" Korrina questioned after she realized Serena didn't seem at all suprised by what she heard. "Yes I knew. Ash told me that night we stayed at the Pokemon center in the badlands." Serena answered. "Wait. Serena, doesn't that mean when you and Ash get married you'll become a princess." Bonnie asked with a smile on her face and hearts in her eyes. "Yes it does. One day we will be calling her princess Serena." Said Miette with a smirk.

Soon after entering everyone stopped thinking about Ash being a Prince since it really didn't change things too much since he was still the same person, their friend. Instead they  were eating from the buffet of food for Pokemon and humans alike and having fun dancing the night away. After a little while Ash and Serena were making their way off the dance floor to the table Miette and Bonnie were sitting at, followed by Clemont and Korrina. "I'm going to go get a drink, Serena do you want anything?" Ash asked. "I'll have a sparkling water." Serena replied. "Hang on Ash I'll join you. Bonnie, Korrina, do either of you want anything?" Said Clemont. "I'll have a juice." Bonnie replied. "How a about sex on the beach." Korrina said with a seductive smile. Clemont's face went bright red, "y-y-you mean the drink right?" "Well of course. My what a dirty mind you have Clemont." Korrina said teasing.

The guys then walked off to the bar for drinks while the girls stayed at the table laughing at Clemont's reaction. This laughing caught the attention of a young man wearing a blue scarf and a Charizard X costume, who walked over to the table upon recognizing two of the people at the table. "Hello ladies. Nice to see you again Miette. This is probably the last place I expected to see you Korrina." "Hello Alain." Replied Miette "Hey, Alain. And why wouldn't you expect to see me here? I do have a life outside the my family's gym." Korrina responded. "I know that. It's just a costume party doesn't really seem like your thing." Alain said as he put his hands up in front of himself defensively. "Well if you must know, I'm here with my friends and boyfriend." Korrina said with her arms crossed. "Really, who's the lucky guy?" "Clemont." "Wait, the Lumiose City gym leader?" Alain said suprised. Korrina nodded. "Didn't see that coming. Well regardless, I'm happy for both of you. Where is he?" Alain asked. "He's getting us drinks with my boyfriend." Serena answered. Alain turned to Serena, "my apologizes." Alain then extended his hand, "Hello, I'm Alain, the Kalos Champion." "Serena Yvonne, Pokemon performer." Said Serena as the two shook hands. "Nice to meet you Serena." At that moment Clemont and Ash returned with the drinks. "Hello Alain." "Hey Clemont. Congratulations on dating Korrina. And you must be Serena's boyfriend. I'm Alain the Kalos Champion." Alain said as he extended his hand to Ash. "That I am, I'm Ash Ketchum from Rota." Ash said as they shook hands. They all then sat down at the table and began talking, starting with Korrina. "So Alain, where's Mairin?" "She's visiting some family in the Hoenn region right now." Alain replied, sounding a little unhappy about it. The others noticed this but decided not to press the issue. "I'm sorry, but who's Mairin?" Serena asked. "Mairin is Alain's fiance." Clemont answered. "So what do you do when your not busy being the Kalos Champion." Asked Ash. "Mostly helping professor Sycamore with his Mega Evoliton research. Although currently I've taken on training a trainer." Alain answered. "Really, so what are you doing with him?" Clemont asked. "Helping him and his Pokemon get stronger. He was a past Kalos league participant but didn't win and said he's going to enter again this year. He told me this whole sad story about being in love with some girl and this guy she's with that just takes advantage of her. Apparently he even tried to get her away from him but this guy beat him and his absol bad with a Primape." This was starting to make Ash and most of the others suspicious about who this trainer was, but decided to keep quiet about it for now as Alain continued. "At the rate he's going he should stand a chance at the next Kalos league of winning the whole thing." Said Alain. "So where is this trainer now?" Asked Ash. "He's around here somewhere. he's wearing a pangoro costume." Alain said as he was looking around. He then spotted his trainee and waved him over. "Everyone I'd like you to meet Calem." He said as Calem arrived at the table. "Well well well. What do we have here." Calem said. Ash groaned as he rubbed his forehead, "why you. Of all the trainers, why did it have to be you." "Wait, you guys know each other?" Alain said confused. "Yes we know him, he's a mean jerk who's obsessed with Serena." Bonnie said as she jumped up onto her chair. "Poor little girl, just another victim of his deception." Calem said pointing at Ash. "The only deception here is how you told Alain that Ash is a bad guy." Serena said standing up. "Like I said Alain he has them all confused and believing his lies." "Calem, I'm a pretty good judge of character, and after talking with them, I don't believe that Ash is bad. However I also believe a trainers true character is shown in Pokemon battle. I saw a battle field outside, let's resolve this out their. How you battle will show who you both really are on the inside." Alain suggested. Calem smirked, "fine by me. Just a warning to you Ash, I've gotten alot stronger since our last meeting." Ash stood up, "Lets go, I'm ready to expose you as the liar you are."

Pokemon speech translated

Both trainers walked outside to the battle field along with everyone else following. Ash and Calem went to both sides of the battle field. "I'll be the referee for this battle. This will be a one on one battle between Ash and Calem. The winner will be decided when one Pokemon is unable to battle." Said Alain. Ash released his Pokemon first, "Glalie, I choose you." "Absol, time to battle." Said Calem as he released his Pokemon with a smirk of confidence. However the look on everone else's face was very different, more of shock and sadness upon seeing Absol. To say that absol looked rough wasn't enough to describe it. Absol's fur was filthy, covered with dirt and burn marks, his face was also filthy with dried blood from untreated cuts, and his left eye completely red, no doubt from an eye injury, and both eyes had a look of sadness and exhaustion. And lastly was his stance, his legs were shaking as he struggled to stand and his head hung low, as if he just and no strength left. "Calem, what are you doing!?" Ash yelled. "Can you see that Absol is in no shape to battle!?" "That's what you think, Absol is one of my strongest. He can handle you. You no what, I'm so confidant we will win, how about a little wager. If I win I get that Glalie of yours, and if you manage to beat me you get Absol." Calem said smugly. "What!? I will never ag..." Ash was saying before he was cut off by Glalie. "Do it, take the bet." "What, why? You know how I feel about betting on Pokemon battles." "You see the shape that Absol is in. He needs help, I know I can win." Ash sighed, "alright Calem, you have a deal." Ash's friends were suprised that Ash took the bet, but it was obvious that Glalie talked him into it so they were ok with it. Alain didn't like what he was seeing between the two, but had one question before he held it against Ash, "Ash, do you understand what your Pokemon are saying?" "Yes." Alain could tell that Ash was about to say no to the bet, but changed his mind after Glalie spoke. So Alain decided to not hold it against Ash since his own Pokemon had to talk him into it. "Both trainers ready?" Ash and Calem nodded. "Battle begin! "Alright Ash time for me to end this early." Said Calem with an arrogant smile as he pulled out a key stone necklace from under his costume. "Absol Mega Evolve!" Absol became engulfed in a bright light that died down quickly revealing Absol did not mega evolve. Instead Absol became more shaky before his legs gave out and he fell to the ground. "Get up and mega evolve damn it!" Calem yelled at Absol. Absol tried to get up, but couldn't. Calem then walked to him and grabed him by the fur on the back of his head and lifted his head up. "Get up!" Calem roared at Absol. "Calem, stop it! Absol is exhausted. Just leave him be!" Ash yelled. Calem wasn't happy about it, but knew Absol wasn't getting up. He then dropped his head on the ground and pulled out his pokeball to try and return him, but before he could Alain grabbed Calem's arm and took the pokeball. "Absol is unable to battle. Making
Ash the winner. And per their bet Absol is now Ash's Pokemon." Alain then dropped the pokeball on the ground and stomped down on it hard, shattering it. Alain then grabbed the key stone necklace from around Calem's neck and yanked it off, breaking the chain. "I gave this to you because you were my student, now I take it back because you are no longer a student of mine. Now get out of my sight." "Hmph, you can't make me leave." Said Calem angrily. "He can't, but I can." Miette said, then whistled. A few seconds later two men in black suites arrived. "What can we do for you princess?" "Remove that piece of trash from the grounds and don't let him back in. If he resists use however much force you need to deal with him." With that the guards took Calem by the arms and began to drag him away. However Calem resisted so they threw him to the ground and one of the guards shocked him with a taser, leaving him, much more cooperative.

Ash returned Glalie and began to walk to Absol, but was stopped by Alain. "Ash here." Alain handed Ash the Key stone necklace. Before Ash could speak Alain did, "I'm sorry I believed Calem, but thank you for showing me who he really is." "Your welcome." "As for the Key stone, it's yours now. Absol still has the Absolite so you will be able to Mega Evolve him. Your a good trainer Ash, I look forward to seeing you in the Kalos league. Clemont, Korrina, a word please." With that Alain walked off, with Clemont and Korrina following behind him. Ash resumed walking to Absol with the others joining him. Ash then knelt down beside him and extended his hand out. Absol closed his eye's tight in anticipation of Ash hurting him, but then opened them wide and stared at him shocked as Ash pet Absol's head. "I'm so sorry for what you've had to endure." Tears began to well up in Absol's eyes from this kindness, then Absol's stomach began to rumble. "Your hungry, when was the last time you ate. You can tell me, I'll be able to understand you." Said Ash concerned. "Yesterday." Absol replied. "Ash what did he say?" Asked Serena. "Yesterday." Ash replied, anger evident in his voice. "I'll get him some food." Said Bonnie. "I'll help." Miette added. Ash then scooped up Absol in his arms and carried him off the battle field to a soft patch of grass closer to the castle. "Poor Absol, I can't believe Calem was so cruel to you." Said Serena as she petted Absol. "Don't worry Absol, after you eat we'll take you to the Pokemon center to get you fixed up. You'll be in battling shape again in no time." When Ash said this Absol looked less the enthusiastic when battling was mentioned, which Ash noticed. "You do like battling right?" Ash asked. "Of course." Absol lied. However Ash could tell. "Absol, I want you to be honest with me. Don't worry, I won't punish you or anything." Absol looked up at Ash, "I will fight to protect my trainer with out hesitation, at the cost of my own life if needed." Ash looked Absol in the eyes and Absol could tell Ash knew he was trying to dodge the question. "But I don't like battling just because my trainer wants me to. I don't like battling other trainers Pokemon unless my trainer is in danger. I'm sorry." Absol looked away from Ash. "That's ok Absol. My Pokemons happiness is important to me." Ash thought for a moment, then he had an idea. "Absol, have you ever seen a Pokemon performance?" "Yes, my former master would watch them. He would say he was looking for his next conquest." This caused Ash to sweat drop. "What did you think of the show though?" "I thought it was amazing how the trainers and Pokemon worked together to create such beautiful displays." Absol responded. Ash smiled, "You know, my girlfriend here is a performer, how would you like to become one of her Pokemon and do performances?" Absol's eyes then had more life in them than they had seen yet. Serena smiled knowing Absol liked the idea, "Absol, if you want to do performances with me I would love to have you." Absol nodded with tears coming from his eye's. "In that case welcome to the family." Just then Bonnie and Miette arrived with two plates full of berries, pokepuffs, and Pokemon food, as well as a bowl of water, and set them in front of Absol who began to eat happily.

Meanwhile far enough away not to be heard by anyone, Alain climbed onto his Charizards back and flew away. Clemont and Korrina were walking back to the others discussing their conversation with Alain. "Do you think we should tell the others?" Said Korrina. "No. No sense in worrying everyone." Clemont replied. "But things could get dangerous." Korrina said concerned. "If we run into these people we'll tell the others. Besides we might not even see them. I mean we've been traveling for months and haven't even heard anyone mention them." Clemont explained. Korrina nodded in agreement, "I guess your right. Alain's probably just over exaggerating how dangerous this Team Flare is anyway."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 637 6
Ash and Serena have been in a happy relationship for a little under 3 years now. All of that, however, might be about to change. Ash has been leaving...
497K 21.8K 100
After failing in the Unova League, Ash returns home to get advice before resuming his journey to become a Pokemon master. Now, what happens when some...
198K 3K 26
⚠️Rewritten⚠️ Search 'Resurgence| A Pokémon Fanfiction' ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 'Never Give Up Until The End' Is what got him to where he is toda...
182K 4K 130
Ash and Serena. Two who have met each other before as a child in a somewhat romantic experience, even if only one of them saw it as that. Serena is...