Discovering Scarlett

By xBiancaRose

When Scarlett's high school sweetheart of four years kicks her to the curb, he turns her world upside down. H... More

Author's Note
01| Gut Feelings
02| Numb
03| Amnesia
04| Daggers
05| Chance
06| Tame
07| Control
08| Grip
09| Haze
10| Torn
11| Storm
12.1| Hesitate
12.2| Beg
13| Reveal
14| Reality
15.1| Code
15.2| Godzilla
16| Snap
17| Suspend
18| Answer
19 | Anticipate
20| Focus
22 | Fall
Testing... 1...2...3
23 | Spark
24 | Matched
25| Cut
26| Buzz

21| Past

12.2K 612 194
By xBiancaRose

I spent my day becoming one with my bed. That's all you can do when you're plagued with your actions of the night before. Any longer, I was starting to believe it would swallow me whole. At least I was making use of myself, analyzing and sorting through every single piece of data on my USB drive.

Busying yourself with a vendetta was the way to go. I never thought I'd be here— devising an end to them. 'An end' sounded too nice, I was going to annihilate them. Whatever the cost, I'd pay.

I didn't feel an ounce of regret.

It was too late for that. When I hit send last night, I set everything in motion. When I paraded myself like a drunken fool, I did not do it, for nothing. Thomas said he had a plan for me. I had anticipated he did before he uttered the words. Unluckily for him, he hadn't realized I'd done the same.

No, I wasn't plagued by that at all.

I closed my laptop having enough of being productive for the day. Stretching, before sauntering off the bed to put on a record. I flipped through the bin, trying to find something Rock n Roll or Metal to match my mood.

Marilyn Manson. Perfect.

I drowned my bedroom in the dirty electric guitar riffs. I bobbed my head to the music letting the beat wreck havoc on my system. Hoping it to be the remedy to get him out of my head.

It didn't.

I had a mountain of things to think about. Yet, he was all I thought about. I hated that I missed him. It was irrational. I had just seen him. Plus, I was still angry. Maybe now, a little more. He didn't get it. I wondered if he ever would.

The cool girl seductress I embodied last night didn't help. I should have gone north pole, give him a cold shoulder instead I went the Sahara Desert and grinded against his lap. It only left me more in a bind, reminding me exactly of the vitality we shared. Though it didn't matter. I refused to go in reverse.

My sister came in, dancing beside me. "You're dancing. Why are you dancing? "she yelled.

I scrunched my eyebrows and lifted my hands. "I'm stressed and this is better than drinking."

"Why? Because the house sold? Natalia mentioned before her flight that you two are moving in together after she finishes packing up her place in New York. Did something happen?"

"Nothing happened, "I retorted, blowing the hair out of my mouth.

She moved her shoulders back and forth. "Fine, dancing it is."

Our hands were in the air, hitting imaginary drums. We shook our bodies not caring if our dance moves matched the music. It wasn't until she started doing the running man that I burst out in laughter. We were laughing so hard that we started choking.

I turned down the music when the song finished. We both plopped on my bed and stared at the glow in the dark stars to catch our breath.

The doorbell chimed. Isabella huffed and scattered off the bed. "I've told Tobias the passcode for the door a million times. Why does he insist on ringing the dang doorbell? Men. I swear. They're Impossible. I hate them."

"Mm, sure you do... that's why you can't keep your hands off him."

She rolled her eyes and gave me a quick hug goodbye before stomping out. Tobias had grown on me. He was the most mannered foreign Rockstar I'd ever met. I reached for the remote, deciding to spend the rest of my afternoon binging Netflix. It took my mind off the eerie feeling when I was home alone.

It wasn't long before I heard footsteps. I paused the show and shook the uneasy feeling. Maybe she had forgotten something.

"Scarlett," Isabella sang with giddiness in her voice. I heard her footsteps come nearer and wondered what could be the cause.

Isabella leaned against the doorframe with a huge smile plastered on her face. "Godzilla is here."

I narrowed my eyes. "ha-ha real funny. You sure got me."

She shrugged and raised her eyebrow. "Go look for yourself."

Her face was serious. She wasn't kidding. Elias was here. In the flesh. I couldn't believe it.

"Elias is here? Like as in he's outside? "I asked, to make sure I heard her correctly.

Isabella widened her eyes and nodded. I jumped off the bed, throwing every shoe in my closet up in the air. I couldn't find a pair that matched. Reaching for the only paired shoes, boots, I pulled them on in a panic. I tousled my hair and adjusted my bra.

"Do I look okay?"

She did a once over. "Shorts and a crop top. Doubt he'll have complaints." Slapping my butt, she pushed me out the room. "Now, go talk to your Godzilla."

I took a deep breath and walked to the front door. There was slight hesitation as my hand pulled down on the handle. I leaned against the door, my eyes raked over him before I could even register they were. It's like they were in a trance. Running over his black boots, to his fitted distressed black jeans, all the way to his leather jacket where his white T-shirt underneath stretched in all the right places.

His eyes did the same with no sign of distaste in my clothes of choice. We were doing the thing we always did when we first saw each other. Sharing silence, taking each other in and having the world melt around us.

I snapped out of it as he took a step closer. "Hey," he said, tucking the strand of hair behind my ear.

Moving his hand, I squinted my eyes at him. "We can cut the greetings short. What can I do for you, Mr. Castellano?" I hissed, with as much venom as I could. "Another scandal of some sort? Or are you lost and need some sense of direction?"

He winced. "I deserved that." He stepped closer, staring deep into my eyes. "I'm not lost, Scarlett. I'm exactly where I want to be."

I straightened my back and focused on the rose bushes rustling in the wind. Looking at him was too much. "Is this about work?"

He rested his hand against the door and tilted my chin to meet his eyes. "This is about us. I want to take you somewhere."

Elias stepped back. I noticed his car was nowhere to be seen. Had he parked in the street? I swayed my head to the side, past his arms and peaked at the driveway.

You're kidding me.

I pressed my hand over his head then his cheek. He gave me a look. I took my hands off his face and pointed at the black motorcycle.

"Huh, you don't have a fever but you must be out of your mind if you think you're whisking me away on that thing."

He chuckled. His gaze was hard and determined. "We're pressed for time, it took me a little longer than expected to get things ready. My bike is easier to maneuver through traffic. But don't worry munequita, I'm a skilled driver."

He walked to the circle driveway, his mouth quirked into a smug grin. "Come on, take a ride with me."

I took my phone out of my pocket, acting like his words didn't affect me. Typing a text to my sister, I peered back up at him. "Sorry, I'm not sure I can take that ride with you. " He seemed to notice my emphasis on the word by the heat his eyes threw at me.

He kept his eyes on mine as he mounted onto the motorcycle. The engine fired to life while I stood in place. My teeth dragged across my bottom lip, debating or trying to. Kind of hard to think right now with the look he's giving me and with the fact that he looked ten times more attractive on his bike.

He held out the helmet, looking at me then back to the motorcycle. I shook my head, then reluctantly stepped forward and grabbed the helmet.

"Fine, but I have to be back in two hours," I said with an annoyed tone as I brought my leg over the bike.

That wasn't true but he didn't need to know that.

The vibrations of the engine through the seat caused my adrenaline to skyrocket. Holding on to his chest with a fierce grip, he revved the engine and sped off. There was something exhilarating about feeling the wind flow freely against my body. The rush of it eased my nerves and freed my mind.

Prickles rippled through my skin as I ran past the possibilities of where he could be taking me. I quickly abandoned the guessing game. It was hard to formulate thoughts and focus on anything when he was driving high-speed, alternating between the three car lanes.

I soaked up the atmosphere, the sun kissing my skin. Absorbing in everything, the sounds, the people in the cars we passed. My heart skipped a bit as Elias accelerated. I held him tighter. I felt the rumble in his chest as a laugh escaped him. His laugh brought me joy. I was glad he couldn't see the embarrassing smile on my face.

Miles seemed to stretch before us. Highway after highway, they started to meld together. I lost a sense of time. It felt like hours had passed us by but I knew that wasn't the case. The sun was barely starting to set. My curiosity peeked as the Santa Monica mountains came into view.

We rode southbound on the narrowed winding road. My breath caught. Partly due to the cars that zoomed by from the opposite direction. But mostly from the spectacle in front of me. I thought of words to describe it. Nothing seemed to do it justice.

The unobstructed view was a luxury. Mountains surrounded one side of me and the other was the endless crisp blue water of the Pacific Ocean. Seagulls flocked below the mild waves. People stopped to capture the moment with happiness evident in their features. An utterly stunning scene.

We forged ahead until we reached Malibu city limit. Butterflies filled my stomach. He took me to the little city I always heard about in songs and movies. The city had charm, palm trees lined the road, people in swimsuits rode their bikes with a carefree attitude.

Turning right, we cruised up a small hill, passing the luxurious residences, then slowed into a driveway. I gawked at the grand, all white, contemporary home. Vivid colored trees and shrubbery enclosed the perimeter, contrasting with the white concrete of the structure.

He placed the kickstand and I swung my leg over. Nerves and a little bit of confusion overfilled me as I took off the helmet. I eyed him suspiciously as I wiped my palms against my shorts. I didn't like the expression on his features. Behind the stoic appearance that I saw right through, I saw infliction. It made me unsure of why we were here.

Elias extended his hand out. I declined him. He shook his head like he understood and led me through the small garden passageway. My pulsed jumped, staring at his backside as he keyed in the passcode.

The door beeped open, and he gestured for me to walk forward. I froze. Huge white bouquets of roses in crystal vases lined the entryway. Small mason jar candles were lit beside and carried over into the living area. I thought of something stupid to stop the tears that threatened to fall. I slowly walked forward, running my hands through the petals.

The house was vacant with floor to wall windows that showcased a breathtaking private view of the beach. I turned around to face him. He held a look I couldn't place. I thought of words to say but my mind was blank. This took time and consideration. It was the most thoughtful thing that anyone has done for me.

"Why?" I mumbled. "You can't just do this and expect—"

"I take full responsibility for my mistakes." He motioned around the room. "This isn't about that. You deserve this."

I stayed quiet. There were two ways this could end and I needed to see them out. So, I followed him out to the patio.

The cool salty Pacific air infiltrated my senses as we made our way down the long set of wooden stairs. He went all out. Even both sides of the stairs were lit with candles.

I kicked the sand off my boots and zeroed in on the sapphire waves. They had increased intensity from earlier and hit the shore with crushing force. A blanket laid on the sand with a shorebird biting the petals of an assorted bundle of flowers.

I shooed the bird away and brought the flowers to my nose. Inhaling the scent, I beamed at the sky which was painted with dark blues and pinks with a bright orange blending into the horizon. It was so beautiful, it made me want to cry.

He sat beside me, resting his elbows on his knees. "One of the first things I noticed about you is the way you admire the sunset. You look beautiful when the sun kisses your skin, your cheeks blush, your eyes brighten and when you smile, It's genuine. Every time the sun sets I can't help but think of you."

He took out his phone, running his thumb across the screen before handing it to me. I swiped right, smiling at the various photos he took of the different sunsets. "I made it my mission to stop what I was doing and take these for you. It was then that I remembered as a kid that the sunsets here were the best I'd ever seen."

"You must not come here often, since its empty. That's a shame, it's beautiful here."

"I don't."

He picked up a seashell and threw it into the ocean. "This place holds the last happy memory of my mamá. This, was her sanctuary, what we called home every summer. This place was everything to her. After she died, my father thought the only way to move on from the horrific tragedy of her death, was to get rid of everything with her imprint, including this place. I resented him for it. I swore to myself that no matter what, I would get this home back."

I looked behind my shoulder. "Seems like you succeeded."

"When I told my father, he laughed. He enlightened me on the steep cost of a house like this and said I was wasting time even telling him about it. Then finished off with, 'Ponte a trabajar. Tu palabra no significa nada, si no haces nada'."

I translated the phrase in my head. Rehearsed it over and over. Get to work. Your word means nothing if you do nothing.

His eyes tightened in the direction of the ocean. "I was determined to prove to him I could. For my mamá. As a young boy, I didn't realize what it would take to purchase a home like this. I was just infuriated and unlike my father, I didn't want to forget. Even if I tried I don't think I could have. It was seared into my memory from the time I woke up to the time I laid to rest. Forgetting, for my father was much simple, he wasn't there." He stopped himself, running his hand over his beard.

Horrific tragedy of her death. The multiple scars along his side I saw the night on the balcony. My mind couldn't keep up with my thoughts. The air felt heavy.

"There? Your scars—"

He nodded, his face drawn. My stomach twisted in knots as I formed my own bleak conclusions. I decided not to press further. I could tell by his voice he wasn't ready to discuss the details. I put the flowers aside and laid down. Silent tears fell across my cheek as I ran my thumb over his palm.

"I'm so sorry."

He laid beside me and wiped the tears from my cheek. "I bought this house four years ago and I didn't step foot in here, until today. I couldn't bring myself to do it. It's hard for me to be here, her memory is everywhere, it's vivid." His eyes were watered. Seeing them that way killed me.

"People always congratulate me on being young and successful. They fail to recognize that I was in my teens when I started working for this. It wasn't easy to get here. I had to be dedicated. I replaced my anger by focusing on building my company, making a name for myself. I never brought up my past. I became a machine to this industry, success, my only priority. I never felt satisfied. I did this all for my mamá, only to lose sight of that at the end. I resented my father and I ended up doing the same. I forgot her too."

He ran his hand across my cheek to my jaw. "My past hardened me. It made me the man I am today. It made me not the best at communicating or articulating what's on my mind. With you— It's even harder."

"To be fair, we're both shitty at communicating."

My statement made him smile momentarily before his expression turned serious again. "There's a very thin line between us. The last thing I want to do is to abuse the power I have and make you do anything that isn't true to yourself. So... I stay silent and hold back because I'd rather do that than be selfish."

"You don't have to hold back. If I ask you something I want an unfiltered response. I'm a grown woman, I can handle it. I won't bend to anyone's interests but mine. I'm past that. I just want your truth."

"You want my truth? " He cupped my face and rested his forehead on mine. "Scarlett, I want you. More than anything. I'll do whatever it takes to make this right. I'm sorry for hurting you and not hearing you out. Mostly I'm sorry it took me so long to realize this. Tell me right now what you want. Tell me you don't want this and I'll stop."

I looked down at his lips then back to his eyes. My heart and mind weren't in battle. I felt his breath warm my lips and nothing felt more right. I didn't want to run from this anymore.

"I want you, "I breathed out. "I want you so bad it hurts. I want you in the worst way."

Before I knew it, his lips were on mine. He was slow and deliberate in the way he devoured me. I couldn't deny him. I missed the way his lips felt on mine. I missed the way his tongue worked my mouth. I was losing myself...in him... in the sounds of the waves hitting the shore.

He held my hip moving me to my side to face him directly. I shivered with the roughness of his hand on my skin. His lips brought me back to the flame, setting every inch of me on fire. I didn't care if I was in a sea of flames as long as he kept kissing me.

He ran his thumb across my lips. "I missed these." The gaze he sent my direction was indescribable. My lungs seemed to forget how to function with the pull to feel his lips again. He brought me to my feet, hooking my thighs around his waist. My arms found their way around his neck wanting to feel his hair in my hands. As they did, he groaned, kissing me again as he began to carry me up the stairs with ease.

"We should set some guidelines—"

His lips silenced me. The audacity of this man. I bit down on his lip hard, but he didn't waver. He kissed me with more fervor than before. My thoughts melted with each brush of our tongues. I was losing myself again and we weren't even halfway up the stairs.

"We should take this slow."

"I can do slow." He rasped and attached his lips with mine again.

"We. Keep. This. To. Ourselves." I muttered in between kisses.

His eyebrows drew together in confusion. "Too much drama right now. It can be our little secret." I added.

I could sense the counterargument impending in the way his forehead creased. I decided I was over the chit-chat and tugged his hair. I kissed him hard and ate his words. Talking could come later. I wanted to live in this moment, make it my home and forget the chaotic mess even if it was for a short while.

I closed my eyes, savoring how generous his lips were. I felt like I was falling.

His arms wrapped around me in a protective embrace. I opened my eyes, laughing at the irony. We were actually falling.

I gazed at the sky, seeing that it had slipped to dusk, then met the warmth in his eyes. We both remained still speaking without words. Maybe it was because we both fought the urge to shift against each other. The fall had put us in a precautious position. He was settled between my legs, chest pressed against mine.

He brought us to our feet. I turned my back to him, walking up the rest of the stairs. I could feel his eyes on my back. On the last step, I peeked over my shoulder. I didn't expect him to be this close, his breath crept under my skin.

He kissed my neck with his hands trailing up my sides slowly. My head fell back to his chest as they continued, tracing the soft curve of my breasts. He bit the sensitive spot on my ear and twisted me around. My back hit the glass frame of the patio door.

I kissed him with everything I had as he pulled the door open. Never detaching from my lips, he guided me onto the floor. Candles scattered, the fake flame extinguishing as my hands snaked underneath his shirt, nails biting into his back.

His phone vibrated against my leg. I tugged at his jacket. "Are you going to answer that?"

He maneuvered the jacket off. "Fuck the phone."

His appetite for me sent shivers everywhere. It felt good to be under his attention. Even more, with him hovered over me. I ran my hands over his muscled arms then across his beard, taking a mental snapshot. The soft warm glow of the candles illuminated on his lips and sharp jaw. His eyes held no secrets, they bared everything.

He kissed my cheek. Then my lips. Kissing me slowly, almost torturously on every inch of my skin. I lifted his shirt, throwing it to the side. My fingertips slid across his back and over his tattoos as he trailed down my neck sucking and biting the sensitive skin.

I tried to reverse the roles and have him on his back but he refused, keeping my hands secured to the floor. My body reacted to his dominance. It loved being under his control.

"You like it rough, princesa?"

Before I could answer his phone vibrated again. Smiling, I looked down at his pocket. "You should answer that."

"It can wait."

"It could be important," I countered as he continued the assault on my neck, going lower each time.

He held my stare. "It's always important."

Gripping my thigh, he raised my shirt and laid kisses across my chest and abdomen. The kisses were unhurried and with purpose. I didn't argue, at this point, I couldn't form words.

It was like he was discovering my body, trying to find what I liked. By the time he returned to my lips, our kiss was desperate. He reached for the button on my shorts but was stopped with his phone vibrating yet again. I mentally groaned the same time he released a frustrated breath.

"Elias, answer the phone.... please," I said, my voice low and sultry.

He cursed, running his hand through his face and laid to the side of me. "You don't play fair. I can't deny you when you ask nicely." I grinned, drawing circles on his abs. He gripped my hand. "You're such a tease, don't think I haven't kept score. Payback won't be nice, baby."

His voice traveled straight to my core. His accent made the pronunciation of the word baby sound different. It was the sexiest thing I've ever heard. I fought the urge to beg him to say it again.

"I'll be waiting for it. You don't intimidate me."

"We'll see about that and your confidence then."

I chuckled, bringing my leg over to straddle his lap. He rested his hands behind his head, dragging his gaze over the length of my body. He had a satisfied look on his face.

"You know this is only making things worse for you, right?"

I puckered my lips and shrugged. Pulling the phone out of his pocket, I slammed it against his chest. I looked at the phone then back at him. He sighed and grabbed it.

He hid the annoyance in his voice, masking it with his professional tone. I shifted my hips wearing a smile that reached my eyes. He paused the conversation and placed a hand on my hip, anchoring me to him.

He continued to speak. I waited until his guard was down to shift my hips again. He stopped in the middle of his sentence. Shaking his head, he sent me a warning look that did nothing but excite me.

I concluded that this wasn't an appropriate time to tease him. Whatever the subject was, it seemed serious, there was an edge in his tone.
Pushing through his hair, he sat up and adjusted me in his lap.

I wondered if this call was about me. Who was I kidding? It was. The look he gave me said it all, fading the lightness I felt seconds ago.

Every thought came at once. There was no telling what it could be. When Thomas conjured anything in that head of his, he could be relentless. He had it out for me, with his father most likely in his ear.

More unease enveloped my body. How do you tell the guy you're on top of the big masterful plan to take down your ex's company? My resignation would have made things simpler. No professional ties in case things went to shit. Would he even understand?

Elias caressed the small of my back, taking me out of my thoughts. The gesture comforted me. One thing at a time, I reminded myself. He hung up the phone and threw it beside us.

"You have to go?"

"Yes," he said leveled and calm. "My team found new information. They didn't go into specifics but said it was urgent."

I stood, squaring my shoulders, "Okay."

I walked toward the window, to get my emotions in check. Most of the ocean was indiscernible, blending into the night sky. The crescent moon made the waves glisten. Elias wrapped his hands around me, brushing his lips against my ear.

"Come with me."

I turned around and moved my hands up and down the length of my body. "I'd feel out of place wearing this. I'm also not sure how your team would react to us riding in together."

He went to get his shirt off the floor. I stared at the hard lines and deep grooves on his body as he slid the shirt on. I didn't want this day to end. But it's not like we had much of a choice.

"I don't care what they think. I won't let you stay here with nothing to do." He looked at me intently. "I'm not ready to end this night."

He pulled out his wallet and handed me a black credit card. "Take an Uber to my place and when I get back I'll cook you a nice dinner."

Fixing his leather jacket, he gave me a sideways smile. "Sound good?"

I leaned back into the window, looking at his boots, then slowly up his body. "Sounds good."

"Come here," He demanded. "Kiss me before I go."

The ship is finally sailing.

Yay or nay?

I feel nervous to hear your responses. I know some will be onboard and others won't. I hope I passed the mark on this chapter.

All I ask is for you to trust my method of madness.

Also, If you're into mature content you might want to add my book titled "mature chapters"
to your library.

Major shoutout to sbrobinson . She's a godsend, simply, an amazing person. Please check out her books. My favorite is Dreaming of This.

Also a huge thank you to everyone who has supported me thus far. It means the world to me. I will continue to shoutout people who support me and talented writers. It's all about spreading the love ❤️

Until next time,
Bianca
Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337 78 11
Noah Cartel, a once-wealthy young man who enjoyed the status of being the sole heir to the vast empire of Cartel Enterprises, now finds himself in th...
128K 4.9K 17
Bella moved to the city with her best friend after they graduated from college. They are looking forward to the new city life and starting their live...
6.8K 207 45
Brandon Stevens, a business tycoon who owns the largest business empire in the country has the good looks, immeasurable wealth, and the rock hard bod...
750K 19.6K 34
> * * * When her ex-boyfriend broke things off after finding out she's pregnant, what's a girl to do? She get scared, packed her things and left. Bu...