Fear Is How I Fall * Bucky Ba...

By GingerEyes

*Based On Captain America: Winter Soldier* Anne Shmidt was under the curse that her father had placed her in... More

Fear Is How I Fall * Bucky Barnes/ Winter Soldier Love Story*
Chapter One: I Am A Ghost * Re-done*
*Note*
Chapter Two : The Crow And The Fire Bird
Chapter Three: Moments Of Rest
Chapter Four : Not So Fast
Chapter Five: Seperate Ways
Chapter Six: The Weak
NOT YOUR NORMAL MUTANT!
Chapter Seven: You'll Never See Him Coming
Chapter Eight : I Am Still Alive *Added on*
Chapter Nine: A Girl That Cant Be Touched * Added On*
Chapter Ten: Staying This Way?
Writer's Note , Please read.
Chapter Eleven: The Confussing Battle
Chapter Thirteen : Just A Girl He Used To Know
Chapter Fourteen: We Are Both Ghost's Now... *Added On*
Chapter Fifteen : You Are My Lover Bucky!
TEASER FOR SPARKS FLY * Added On*
Writer's Note
Teaser For Dark Skies

Chapter Twelve : But I Knew Them

2.7K 68 4
By GingerEyes

Anne's P.O.V

I cant believe he had said that.

He said it in a tone that would scare any other girl away from him. First fights are usually later on during the relationship, also it was rather inserted that he wasn't going to say that. He had asked to be a "Bucky", yet he doesn't even realise that he really is one.

I thought that Steve would had helped him remember. The two were friends since they were small and tiny infants in the orphanage. The two would do everything together, I thought that when Steve called his name , he would have remembered or at least connected. He would have connected that we had called him Bucky and would take more interest into the subject.

But its too late for that.

Steve, Natasha and Sam are sent out to get killed. I know that I could have stopped it with help, if only Bucky would have given in. He knew that I was vulnerable to the hero. Now the are to be dead and to be dug into three holes into the earth. The only thing that I am glad is that I am not doing it anymore. I couldn't do it, I already proved it to Bucky.

I was escorted into the same van as Brock and a few other men. The selfish man had applied pressure to his head still from the burn. What a baby. There was a smirk still on his face, but it vanished quickly when I had felt Bucky's body behind mine.

We were in complete silence as we sat down. The ride was exactly the same. Unfortunately I had to sit next to Brock who would stare at me wondering what went on during the battlefield. I guess that he would have pictured the two of us to be holding hands and skipping around the field where our bodies lie. There was a few orders muttered by the soldiers as Brock had nodded in agreement. I guess that the men inside of the car is going to kill them

"Kill them with knives boss?"

"Destroy the men by flames ?"

All horrible suggestions, yet he accepted each one of them. It reminded me of the horrible men that did things to men like Bucky. Sure that my father was the leader, but I now feel responsible for the current standings of HYDRA. And now I feel so responsible for my friends deaths.

Howard Stark found the company because of me .If only I hadn't written the letters to him, then he wouldn't have found the technology. Now the company had risen because of the mistake I had made . A simple sin has changed everyone's lives over the past 70 years.

I am a sinner god, you know what wrong I had done. Like all of the sinner's before who had pleaded before the gates of heaven, I am a bad person. I may have even been the leader of influence for the group to keep on living through the enemy. The devil must had played around with Zola's head before he died, not as much as my father .

These people about to receive death, god, please let them see your glory. Steve was a man of great power who believed in you since he was small. He was able to tell everyone around him the all of the great tales before he could write I bet! I also pray of the others who might have not met you yet. I bless them to live through this.

Please.

I gotten a thought in my head, a rather strange one. Maybe the reason that I was given this curse was to help these people. Everything happens for a reason, my mother used to tell me. Now I think that she was right about that. I was woken up by the wrong person, yet, I had found my true love once again. Fate couldn't have just done that on the whim, it was simply gods plan.

God is telling me to help my friends.

And to help Bucky see the light he had once lost.

The car immediately stopped , I had felt my heart stop. Its now or never, to let them live or die. Spare a sin or waste one on this? The men had stood up to prepare themselves for the shooting.

I had taken a deep breath before I had stood up from my seat . Bucky's blue eyes were confused and puzzled. He mustn't remember his faith in god, so he wouldn't purely understand what I would mean if I told him.

There was the quick immediate moment to run. The men had just opened the door and just stared at me as I sprinted away from the vehicle and stared at the bare open doors. The doors were open and abandoned and no men were in sight.

Was it already done?

I hoped that it wasn't . It would be too late for me if it was . My knees collapsed to the ground as it opened my palms to surrender to the stress that came to me. I hadn't heard the gun shots so there may be a chance for them to have been killed by knives, a more gory death.

I turned to see Bucky walk up to me. The men behind him were confused about what I was doing. Then it had alarmed me when Brock had pulled up his phone next to his ear.

"They escaped Anne. they get to live another day." He said silently to me.

"What? I said trying to not act surprised that they escaped. Ill owe my life to the woman who had saved them from certain death. I am so happy that they did, even if they did without me.

"Yea. Maybe its for the better, for now...." He mutters getting closer to my ear. He then muttered something I thought that he would never say .

I remember Anne.

Music to my beautiful ears. Its about time for him to finally realise who he really was, I wonder if he knows about Steve as well. I wonder how much of his past that he remembers . Maybe it was when Steve called his name had made him remember him. Its seems to be getting better and better for him everyday.

I couldn't show any embrace. I didn't want anyone to get suspicions between us.  I just stood up and walked next to Bucky as we walked to the van. Brock was the only one who seemed really concerned between what had happened moments earlier.

Bucky's P.O.V: HYDRA Headquarters

I only wanted to talk to her. Anne Shmidt, one of the people of my past, one of the few still alive. She was right when she had called me "Bucky" those two times. Each thought now flashes back to the mans worried look on his face when I revealed my true self to him. I should have known better at that moment.

I knew him.

I also knew her.

Two people who called me by the same name were there. They were there when I fell that cold wintery day! Anne was crying for me as she watched my part the train and collapse in the cold snow. The two must have been heartbroken when they had seen me fall. To believe that I was killed in action.

The men of Zola had found me in the cold weather, I saw a lot of blood  surrounding the area where I had landed.  Then I saw Dr. Zola  leading me the way to a "shelter". He had muttered that I had been a "bad boy " for running away, and bad men need to be punished so they can be perfect. In this case I lost my arm to meet up to his standards. But I knew that this shouldn't have happened to me .

I also didn't really have a choice : it was this or die.

There's a bright light that had blinded me . I am on a examination table where I was before I had met Anne. The men had stared at my metal arm as I began to move it around . I guess that they were surprised that It worked. They also had began to come closer to my arm. I had reacted too quickly  as I had wrapped my arm around a doctors neck calling for Zola.

The short man appeared as he smiled  at my reaction to waking up here. He seen that there was still a bit of humanity inside of me. Through his glasses, was the most evil eyes I have ever laid eyes on. He was possibly more twisted then Anne's father Johann Shmidt.  He leant closer to me as he shaken his head.

"In time you will see her again. It may be seven to about a hundred years. " He says.

"What?" I taken a deep breath realising that he may have suggested that she was dead.  It couldn't be possible, unless if her father found her and murdered her. That's highly unlikely though, I knew that he loves her. I don't know how, but who wouldn't ?

"You see, Anne is a rebel like you. Couldn't take in the system that her father had set out for her . So her father placed a curse on her, for her to not wake until she receives her true loves kiss. But when the time comes, you will have to kill her and she will be just like you.  Or you could always kiss her, everyone here knows of your feelings for the leaders daughter"  He said.

As I tried to stand up, I had immediately let go of the man.  I was totally going to kill him right there. No one hurts my Anne, no one should even touch her.  Zola had called out loud orders for his men to insert something into me. He seemed so happy to see my anger however, he had gotten his wish.

I was starting to yell insults and curses at him . Then the needle was inserted into my neck as I slopped over back to the table and my eyes immediately shut.

That's probably the latest thing that I gotten to look back to. I hated him then, I still hate him right now.  Anne's father was cruel to his patients, but not as cruel as his henchmen. Dr. Zola could have taken over the world if he wanted to . He was actually a really smart and sinister man.

Anne was rolled up in the bed as I was right next to her. She was smiling really wide, possibly like I never seen her smile before. I didn't really notice it until I decided to roll over to my side and talk to her about what I said earlier.

" I am so sorry Anne" I say.

She turns her head to me as she  makes her smile ever wider for me .  Then she decides to tease me a bit more by pulling her head up and planting a kiss onto my cheek.

"Prove it Bucky "

I lean in closer as I plant a quick kiss onto her lips . She holds it though, her hand pulled her into my cheek. I guess that she knew that it wasn't expecting something special from her. She pulled me lower as her head rested on her pillow once again  as I noticed that I now stood above her body. I immediately had dropped down from her and rolled back to my opposite side. Anne had turned to my side as she had rested her head onto my shoulders.

"Bucky what's wrong? I didn't mean for you to have sex or anything.." She muttered.

"Oh..  Can I ask you something?' Making the conversation really awkward .

"Of course Bucky" She said.

"How much do you know about my death? " I ask.

"I just know that you fell and the men or HYDRA had found you. That's about it. Not to add that your a killer" She adds.

"So you don't know about HYDRA's plans for you from the start?"

Anne shaken her head . Just before I could say anything to her, Bock had rushed into the room with a  gun in his hand. He immediately pushed it to Anne's head as I automatically stood up.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Anne get packed up, we are moving you to SHIELD headquarters. You stay here , you are staged as unqualified to work, Alexander will like to have a word with you" He said.

Unqualified to work? Since when? I thought that we were doing a pretty good job. Anne thought the same as she had stood up from the bed and said these words boldly.

"He has a name."

Brock laughed as he shaken his head" Then please share what the Winter Soldier's name is"

"Bucky, Bucky Barnes" She says.

Brock had only laughed as he had opened up the black brief case to put her clothes in. He thought it was a joke about what she had said.

"Well, then Mr Barnes, Alexander will have to really talk to you now."

"She isn't going anywhere Brock" I say . I couldn't see her going away, ever. She is my past , present and hopefully the future. I see her heart slowly crumbling in her eyes as she knew that there wasn't a point to fight. We were out numbered and even if we got out, they would have found us.

"She isn't. ?"

"Not without me" I say .

"Cute."Brock dramatized by flashing his eyelashes." But you two are on your own now. Apparently she is too vulnerable and distracts you from your work"

That isn't true at all! Or is it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 13.9K 45
Bucky Barnes had found refuge on a small farm in Montana two years ago. It was there that the Winter Soldier seemed to disappear from his mind and B...
33.3K 1.1K 51
*read 'who could love a broken girl' first* *warning contains smut and mentions of violents* we continue where we left of. but it is far from a happ...
88.6K 1.9K 42
"Why won't you go and talk to her buck?" "Because if I go in there and she tries to kill me... I'm not going to stop her" ~~~~~~~~~ Your found by t...
2.7K 124 28
*Sequel to Letters* "Where the hell am I?" "Welcome to the 21st century Ms. Peterson." Pausing, Willow looked around at her surroundings slowly. "Wh...