The Boy In The Back (Muke)

By ostricheatingcheese

Michael stays in the back of the classrooms, barely bothering to speak to anybody. People are mean to him, an... More

1 (Intro & Warnings)
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30 - Note (Epilogue)

15

264 13 1
By ostricheatingcheese

We arrived at the small pizza place that was downtown. I had never been there, but Michael told me that they made the best pizza.

It wasn't very crowded, and the place held a positive atmosphere. It smelled wonderful, and it was bright and calming. I could see why Michael enjoyed it.

We ordered a large pepperoni pizza with bread sticks and sat down.

"Can I ask you something?" I was nibbling on my bottom lip, a nervous habit I had.

"Anything." He replied. My eyes darted around the room, checking for anybody in hearing range. Luckily, we were clear.

"Why do you, um, cut?" I mumbled.

He sighed gently.

"Because it's like an addiction. When I get upset enough, it helps me take my mind off of things. It's a form of relief." He explained. I pondered over it for a few moments.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" I offered. I would have done anything in my power to help him.

"I'm not sure. Nobody's ever really offered." He shrugged.

"You could try talking to me about it next time... Maybe I could help..." I tried.

He smiled at me.

"Okay."

I nodded.

"I'll need your number for that, darling." He winked. I beamed, slightly blushing, as he slid his phone across the table.

Our food was brought to us and we both thanked the waitress. I couldn't help but notice how her eyes scanned Michael's body, but I chose to ignore it. He wasn't even mine, and I had no right to feel jealous.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked me.

I nodded.

"Is Grant mean to you a lot?" He questioned. That question surprised me.

"Not really. He just says things." I shrugged.

"And he's already getting physical. You've barely been here for a month." He scoffed.

I frowned. He kept track of how long I was here but had only been talking to me for a few days? Why?

"He'll stop eventually." I assumed. Everything stopped eventually, right?

"He needs to stop now, Luke. It isn't okay for him to be doing these things. And what's up with Calum?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Calum's never liked me." I mumbled.

Michael frowned at me.

"That's alright. He doesn't matter."

I smiled at him.

"True." I agreed, causing a small grin to appear on his lips.

After we ate, he began driving me home.

As I started to get out at my house after thanking him, he said my name to stop me.

"Um- um, call me later?" He blurted. I smiled, my cheeks tinting a light pink that warmed them ever so slightly.

"Okay." I said.

He beamed back at me.

"Thank you." He responded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 646 34
Michael was gay, Luke was straight, Michael was depressed, Luke was worried, Michael loved Luke, But did Luke love Michael?
270K 11.2K 27
I hate him. Everything about him is perfect. His hair, His eyes, His voice. He's everything i've ever wanted. But in the end i'll always end up broke...
14.8K 939 22
Why are the two boys always so sad? [muke] Sad ☹
3.8K 139 38
Everyone knew Luke's family was disgustingly wealthy. He never flaunted it but he knew people whispered about him regardless of his humbleness. Peopl...