Archimage: Taste of Death (Ar...

By ecyela

|COMPLETED , NOT YET EDITED| ARCHIMAGE SERIES 1 Possessing a dark power was never been too magical. It was da... More

Archimage: Taste of Death
Project #AJF
Prologue
Chapter One: Black Veins
Chapter Three: The Training
Chapter Four: Discovering
Chapter Five: The Test
Chapter Six: Bahazar School of Archimage
Chapter Seven: Supra
Chapter Eight: The First Class
Chapter Nine: Dream
Chapter Ten: Professor Benedict
Chapter Eleven: D.G.A
Chapter Twelve: The Start of D.G.A
Chapter Thirteen: Mind Reader
Chapter Fourteen: Purple Veins
Chapter Fifteen: The First Mission
Chapter Sixteen: Sudden Death
Chapter Seventeen: After Years
Chapter Eighteen: Revelation
Chapter Nineteen: The Plan
Chapter Twenty: New King
Chapter Twenty-one: Show Off
Chapter Twenty-two: Will You?
Chapter Twenty-three: The Reunion
Chapter Twenty-four: First Fight
Chapter Twenty-five: The Charm Gems
Chapter Twenty-six: New Borns
Chapter Twenty-seven: Poisoned Mind
Chapter Twenty-eight: Tree of Life
Chapter Twenty-nine: The War
Chapter Thirty: The End
Epilogue
Author's Note:

Chapter Two: Olaf

18.8K 359 18
By ecyela

*Note: Expect that there are typos and wrong grammars here*

-:-

Raiden was petrified with what he saw while his grip tightened on the collar of Lyon's shirt. He have no idea what was that, but he was sure that it was such a strange thing. He blinked once, twice and on his third blink he was even more surprised that the black veins suddenly disappeared from his friend's neck. Little did he know that Lyon was keep calling his name, but Raiden's focus was still on the side of his neck where the black veins appeared earlier. He feels like the veins were inviting and hypnotizing him. He doesn't even care about the person who's beside him.

"Raiden!"

Sigaw ni Lyon. Iyon na ang naging pagkakataon upang matigil ang pagtitig ng kaibigan sa leeg niya. Hindi mawari ni Lyon kung bakit ganoon ang naging reaksyon ni Raiden. He was curious because he looks like he had seen a ghost.

"W-what?" Raiden's brow started to arched. He was stunned when his best friend shouted at him. Mas lalo pa siyang nagulat nang makita si Lyon sa kaniyang harapan. It's like he forgets his memory.

"Are you okay?"

Lyon sounded so worried. Napapansin niya ang pagkalito ng kaniyang kaibigan. He tried to meet his eyes but Raiden was avoiding it. Pero napatigil si Lyon nang may maalala siya.

"It can't be."

He said in his back of his mind. He didn't expect that Raiden would see it. See his deepest secret. He was worried for Raiden dahil baka mapahamak siya and he doesn't want that to happen. He is important for him.

Raiden was still busy looking down, trying to remember something but he was having a hard time. It was the effect of the black veins and Lyon was aware of it.

Lyon doesn't have any choice anymore but to use his secret mystique to erase this memory of Raiden. He doesn't want to do this but he can't think of any other way that could bring his best friend back.

"I'm sorry, Raiden. But this is for your own good."

He whispered and place his hands on the both sides of Raiden's head. He met his friend's gaze. Nagtataka pa rin si Raiden kung ano ang nangyayari. But Lyon didn't give a damn about it anymore, instead he started using his power. His hands were trembling for he was scared to use this power of him that he discovered a week ago. He was still new to this and he can't even control it sometimes for it was too strong. He is afraid that he might hurt his best friend.

As he started using the power, Raiden started to shout and groan in pain loudly. He could felt that his brain was squeezing too hard. Raiden was in pain. He clenched his jaw just to bear the pain that he was feeling inside. Para bang hinihigop ang kaniyang kalamnan sa ginagawa ni Lyon. It was not bearable.

While Lyon was having a hard time controlling his powers just for Raiden not experience a more severe pain. It was also difficult for Lyon to hear the loud cries of his best friend. Ayaw niya kasi itong nakikitang nasasaktan dahil sakanya.

"Just a... little more, Raiden."

He tried to whisper between Raiden's cries. And with one last touch, he immediately pulled his hands away from the sides of Raiden's head. Both of them were panting, trying to catch their breath. Kahit nanghihina na si Lyon, sinubukan niya pa ring tignan ang kaibigan. Samantalang, nakatingin lang sa baba si Raiden. Hindi siya makapagsalita.

Lyon was about to call Raiden but he was surprised when Raiden just suddenly collapsed against the cold floor, with his mouth and eyes shut. Lyon was taken aback. Natatakot siya na baka napatay na niya ang kaniyang kaibigan. So with trembling legs, he tried to reach out for him. Pati rin ang kaniyang mga kamay ay nanginginig na hawakan ang katawan ni Raiden.

"Raiden?" He called for his name but there were no answers. He bit his lip and tried to calm himself. "You're not still dead, right?" His voice was shaking as he placed his head near Raiden's chest, trying to hear his heartbeat.

Nakahinga naman siya nang maluwag nang maramdaman ang pintig ng puso ng kaibigan. He breathed in relief.

"I'll take to your house, you need to rest Raiden."

He whispered and carried Raiden. Hindi siya nahirapang buhatin ang kaibigan dahil na rin sa kapangyarihan niya. His power helped him to manage Raiden's weight even though they are in the same age.

"What the hell? What happened to him?"

Napasinghap si George Hilton nang makita si Raiden sa mga bisig ng kaniyang alaga. The three of them are very close to each other dahil para na ring anak ang turing sakanila ng General. Especially Lyon.

"He passed out. We're just playing duel, I think he didn't get enough sleep." Pagsisinungaling ni Lyon. Even though he wanted to tell the truth to George, he still chose to lie. Ayaw niya pa kasing sabihin sa ibang tao ang tungkol sa kaniyang kalagayan ngayon. Kahit ang kaniyang ama ay walang kamalay-malay. He was enduring his painful situation alone.

"You didn't overused your power on him, aren't you?"

Kahit na alaga niya si Lyon, hindi pa rin niya miwasang mag-alala para kay Raiden. Kinakabahan kasi siya kapag ganoon ang mangyayari mas lalo na at alam ni George na namana ni Lyon ang kapangyarihan ng kaniyang ama.

Lyon calmly shook his head. Nakahinga naman nang maayos si George. One thing that he taught to him is that 'never lie'. Kaya panatag ang loob ni George na nagsasabi siya ng totoo.

"I'll take care of Raiden. Iuuwi ko na rin siya. While you need to go to your room and have a shower, okay?"

Tumango si Lyon sa sinabi ng General. Kinuha na ni George si Raiden mula sa mga bisig ng kaibigan. Samantalang, nakatitig pa rin si Lyon sakanya. Palihim siyang humihiling na sana walang masamang epekto sakanya ang kaniyang kapangyarihan dahil kung meron man ay hindi niya mapapatawad ang kaniyang sarili.

He watched George as he started to walk across the infirmary room of the castle. When they were already out of his sight, he looked down and stared at his bare hands. His eyebrows arched as he felt the anger raging from his chest. He was pissed for using his dark power to his only best friend. He kept cussing in his mind and he promised to himself that he will never use the dark power anymore, that he will find a way that can destroy the dark power that he is possessing right now. He doesn't want to harm anyone, it's the least thing that he want to do.

"I will nullify you, Aether." He roughly whispered while his jaw tightened.

Silence was evident inside the house of McPhalls. It was a practice to them to be quiet most of the times, and it was taught by their father, Paul. Up until this moment, he is still stuck at the old rocking chair. Tinatayo lang siya doon kapag matutulog, kakain o magbabanyo. His wife was always there to assist him. Viera didn't complain for she really loves Pual so much.

Samantalang, nasa loob ng kaniyang kuwarto si Raiden. Nakahiga pa rin ito sa kama habang natutulog. It's already seven in the evening and yet he's still asleep. Viera was damn worried when the royal guards came to their house with Raiden on their carriage. Asleep and unconscious. While George Hilton explained that he passed out for he drained his energy too much. Naniwala naman si Viera kaya hindi na rin siya nagtanong pa.

"Aren't you gonna wake up?"

Reiko asked to his brother. Naiinip na rin kasi siya sa pagbabantay sa kapatid niya dahil iyon ang utos ng kaniyang ina. Pero hindi pa rin gumigising si Raiden. Kahit hindi ipakita ni Reiko, nag-alala pa rin siya sa kalagayan ni Raiden kanina. Nabalisa siya nang makita ang kapatid na walang malay. She may be hard on the outside but she's actually soft inside.

Reiko rolled her eyes for the fifth time and glanced at the classic wall clock on his brother's room. Hindi siya maaaring magtagal dahil may gagawin pa siya para sa lakad niya bukas. She decided to count one to ten and if Raiden won't wake up, she will leave him.

"Raiden, wake up or else I'll leave you here alone." Bulong niya habang nakapatong ang kaniyang mga braso sa tuhod niya.

"One." Pagsisimula niya pero hindi pa rin gumagalaw ang kapatid niya.

"Two."

"Three."

"Four. C'mon Raiden. Wake up now. Huwag mong painitin ulo ko."

But there was no hint of irritation in her voice. She was saying it with concern, hoping that her brother would wake up.

"Five."

"Six."

"Se—

"Hmm."

Reiko stopped from counting when she suddenly heard the moan came from her brother's mouth. She promptly fixed her position and leaned closer to her little brother.

"Raiden?" She called her as he started to move his head slowly. Reiko blinked twice before his brother opened his eyes. "Oh gosh. Finally, you're awake!" She exclaimed.

Raiden moved his eyeballs from the ceiling towards his sister eyes. Napakunot ito ng noo nang makita ang pag-aalala sa kaniyang kapatid. Dahan-dahan siyang bumangon at inalalayan naman siya ni Reiko.

"What happened?"

It was the first word that he said. Naguguluhan siya sa nangyayari ngayon dahil pakiramdam niya ang bigat at pagod sa kaniyang katawan. For him, it feels like he ran for a thousand miles. Pilit niyang inaalala ang mga nangyari pero hindi niya iyon maalala.

"You passed out. You went to the castle and George brought you home unconscious. He said that you wasted your energy having a duel with Lyon."

Duel? It was the first question that landed on his mind. He can't remember that he had duel with Lyon but he was sure that he went to the castle and after that he can't remember anything.

'Ganun ba ako napagod, kaya ko nakalimutan?' He asked inside his head.

"Are you okay? Do you need some water?" One thing that weirded Raiden the most is that how his sister cared fo him. It was the first time that he saw this.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just need some another sleep." Nagulat si Reiko dahil sa komento ng kaniyang kapatid.

"A rest? Kagigising mo lang tapos matutulog ka na?"

Amusement was evident in her tone of voice. Nagtataka tuloy siya kung anong klaseng laban ang ginawa nila.

"I don't know I feel tired again."

Hindi rin maintindihan ni Raiden kung anong nangyayari sakanya. Gusto niyang pumunta kayna Lyon upang itanong kung bakit siya nahimatay agad. Pakiramdam niya kasi ay hindi pa sila nakakapaglaban ni Lyon dahil kung nagsimula man sila ay dapat naaalala niya iyon.

"Okay, but Lyon is giving this to you, at may ibibigay din ako sayo. Just sit there and don't move."

Reiko handed a letter to him. It was from his best friend. Kinuha na iyon ni Raiden bago lumabas ang kapatid niya.

He slowly opened the seal of the letter. It was a red seal with a picture of lion. When he opened it, he slowly read the letter that was made by Lyon.

Raiden,

        Don't meet me tomorrow. I'm busy. We can just continue our play maybe next week before the summer ends. I have to do something important. Also, my dad will give you a gift tomorrow. Just go to the post.

Lyon.

"Are you done reading it?"

The door opened again and it was Reiko who came again inside his small room. Raiden licked his lower lip before folding the paper again. Nagtataka si Raiden kung bakit siya pinagbabawalan ngayon ni Lyon na makipag-kita sakanya. Pero pakiramdam niya ay may kinalaman iyon sa nangyari sakanya.

Lumingon si Raiden sa kaniyang kapatid at hindi pinahalata ang pagtataka sa mukha. But he got curious again when he saw his sister holding the cage of Olaf, Reiko's owl.

"Why are you bringing Olaf here?"

Nagtataka siya dahil naaalala niya kung paano ipagdamot ni Reiko si Olaf sakaniya. Raiden wanted to take Olaf as his pet, dahil matalino ito. But Reiko was selfish because she was the one who bought it for it was a requirement during her junior days. It was her possession.

"I'm giving him to you."

Raiden's lips parted for what her sister said. Amusement was evident in his eyes when Reiko placed the cage at the end of his brother's bed. Agad niya itong inabot at binuksan.

"But why?" Naguguluhang tanong nito. Reiko pressed her lips and sat beside him.

"I'm giving it to you since you're now junior. You need a pet, and I think Olaf will be a great companion to you. He's smart and skilled, kaya tataas ang grades mo ngayon, and now that I'm done studying you will be the new master of Olaf."

A nice smile was plastered in Raiden's lips. Hindi pa rin siya makapaniwala dahil binibigay na sakanya si Olaf. Parang kahapon lang ay pinapangarap niya na magiging sakanya ang alaga ng kapatid niya, and now he is the new master of Olaf.

"Thanks Reiko!" Raiden exclaimed as he stroke the head of the owl. "But why are you so furious earlier? You even threatened me to go home early."

"That's because of Olaf. Just don't mind me when I'm mad. Think Olaf as my apology gift when I killed your dirty cat an—

"Jojo is not a dirty cat!"

Raiden cut him when Reiko just judged his cat. His sister just shook his head.

"Whatever. Just remember that I'm accountable whenever you need someone. I'm your sister."

It was one of the best nights for Raiden, because at last, the long feud between his sister has come to an end. He was excited in creating a harmonious relationship with his sister.

In the next day, Raiden immediately went to the post as what Lyon said to him at his letter.

"Oh Raiden!" He turned his head and saw Jackson coming over to him.

"What's up?" He asked then stopped from walking so that Jackson would catch up. When he's already beside him, both of them continued walking.

"Ngayon na lang kita nakita ah. Are you busy for the past few weeks?"

Jackson asked. Jackson was one of the childhood friends of Raiden also.

"Yeah. I just helped my family with our crops. But I'm now free."

There were many too people at the post, that's why he needed to shout a little so that Jackson could hear it. He walked towards at the center where the bulletin stood.

Jackson blinked twice as he stared his friend staring at the bulletin, like he was finding something.

"Jackson look!"

He was interrupted when Raiden just exclaimed. He promptly turned his head to see what is Raiden pertaining too.

"Oh freaking whole!"

Napahiyaw na rin si Jackson dahil sa gulat. Samantalang, nakatitig lamang si Raiden sa poster na iyon. He was smiling from ear to ear and he finally realized that this was the gift from Lyon's father that he was talking about in the letter.

And it's a scholarship in the most prestigious school in their world, the Bahazar School of Archimage!

"Oh I'm going to have that place." He whispered.

-:-
Thank you for reading! And also I want to clarify things, I changed the timeline to 1945, and the true spelling of Raiden's mother is Viera. Sorry for the mistakes:(

ecyela

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.5K 4.8K 52
A woman that rules men got transmigrated to a Duchess who is a slave of a mere man. Language used: Tagalog and English Status: Completed Date Started...
504K 35.3K 55
I have always seen myself as a savior from the depth of the sea--a place that I have long conquered. But when you appeared right before my eyes, I re...
43.4K 1.7K 37
| COMPLETED | | UNEDITED | Ally Cole, an ordinary person, was engrossed in reading an online novel while walking down the street when she was suddenl...
43.4K 1.4K 62
Evintiem Race Series #2 | Book 2 of Sylum Academy of Skill Exertion | -- She escaped from the land where she first opened her eyes... from the land w...