Somewhere in Neverland

By brainjunkies

A Jack Barakat/ All Time Low Fic Kirsten and Jack finally patched things up after the crazy situations they'v... More

Say Goodbye
to the halls and the classes
Say Hello
to the job and the taxes
The weekends with old friends
spilling into 9 to 5 routine
Tell me how you feel over and done with
Like your life is a map
with no compass to guide
At the bar drinking way too much
We sing along to forever young
We'll start a life
of a plain and simple
Of great times
with far better people
And weekends with our friends
Laughing about the wine that stains their teeth
We'll talk about how your parents separated
How you don't want to
make the same mistakes as them
I'll say it's all about sticking it out
and trying to feel forever young
Here we go again
Wishing we could start again
Wendy, run away with me
I know it sounds crazy
I wanna be your lost boy
Your last chance
A better reality
Wendy, we can get away
I promise if you're with me
Say a word and we'll find a way
I can be your lost boy
The last chance
Your "everything better" plan
Somewhere in Neverland

Don't you see what you do to me

23 2 0
By brainjunkies

□□ #srslypissed □□

"Kirsten." she answered when the frappe stand employee asked for the name to be written on her order.

"Can you write Mrs. Barakat instead?" Jack squeezed in before the employee could write.

The two sat down on the bar stools facing the event stage from afar. Jack was about to take a picture of them too but Kirsten asked, "They said they were coming too?"

"Yeah. Alex said Harry passed by his house just to give the flyer. How weird." Jack answered then smiled at the camera while Kirsten stares aimlessly at the shutter. "Come on. A Barakat knows how to smile and when to take the shot."

"Matcha smoothie for Mrs. Barakat!" the barista called out and maybe half of the frappe cafe looked at her then around the cafe to see who will get the drink. There were also a few who stood up, many of them were the ones who asked for a picture with Jack.

Kirsten took some air before she stood up and took her order with chin held high. Jack's drink came over as well so she took the two. Jack was pumping his fist to an imaginary dummy in front of him as Kirsten walked back to their table.

"Well, that's a new Barakat trait."

"And what is it?" Kirsten asked as she wiped her cold and moist hand with the tissue.

"That strut." He answered as he bit his lips.

"You know what? I'm starting to enjoy this Mrs. Barakat lifestyle. Is it too soon?"

"No?!" Jack answered almost immediately. "You should have adapted it from the beginning."

"Are you serious?" Kirsten asked. She thought she heard the echo of her voice but turns out, it was Alex behind her.

"Are you serious? Yes we are serious! We're hitting the road tomorrow for some local tour before our vacation, yet were going to spend the cloudless night here in the fireworks night." He said, almost without stop.

Lisa came behind him with their own pair of drinks. She was all smiles and was obviously looking more bright. "This should be an epic double date, Jack." She said before leaning to Kirsten for a hug even if she couldn't hug her back completely.

"You planned a double date?" Kirsten asked Jack while she's arching her back to avoid cold moist to get through her white cotton dress.

"More like set it up and let the fireworks night surprise the shit out of us. But honestly though, Harry caused this." He answered while trying to get the drinks from Lisa's hands. Alex on the other hand is securing their seat. "And that, my lady, is the Barakat party-planning style." he winked at Kirsten.

"You better not fuck this one up, Jack." Alex squeezed in as he jokingly pulls Lisa away from her tight hug to Kirsten.

Jack chuckled before acting like he suddenly remembered something. "Oh and as a spontaneous part of the double date program," He pulled out his camera and asked a passing service crew to take a picture of them.

"Coffee!" He shouted as their queue for the smile.

"Coffee!" They sounded in chorus before it faded away to a cherishing laugh.

Alex immediately turned to Kirsten, "So how are the classes?"

"It's fun and it's really helping me a lot. I mean I'm improving in my usual routines."

"Well, that's good! Harry may not look the part but he helped me a lot."

"Yeah but he's really getting into my nerves sometimes."

Alex laughed as Kirsten pouted on Harry's naughtiness. He knew it well, but he was far more sure that Kirsten can handle it. If she could handle Jack, Alex felt like she could handle someone like Harry.

Jack suddenly showed his phone to Kirsten's face. A typical Jack.

"Wow." Kirsten responded with a poker face and her eyes fixated on the image in front of her. It was their picture again but now with a different caption, Epic fireworks with my totally rad girl (and Alex and Lisa :D)

"Aaahhh!!" Jack screamed like a little girl. "I'm so happy right now."

"Oh well! Let's just see what happens next." Kirsten said as Jack shows it to Alex and Lisa.

And Kirsten was unconsciously waiting for the next thing to happen that night. Inside her head, she's thinking of paparazzi, tomatoes flying to her face and looks of disgust among the fireworks night crowd.

But as soon as the first light brightened the night sky, it was like breaths were held, converstions paused, and nothing mattered but the fireworks display. Lisa and Kirsten sat on the bean bag that Jack brought from Harry's unit while Jack and Alex sat on their asses on the grass.

The fireworks painted the sky in different bursts of colors. The millisecond delayed sound of the explosion from the sky was music to their ears. There was nothing more majestic than the show that they all looked forward to.

After the fireworks show, land entertainment came running into the main stage almost immediately. They all stood up and walked closer to the catwalk style stage. Jack lowered his back to make Kirsten piggy back on him.

"I can see just fine, you know?" Kirsten said as she put one leg onto his open palm.

Jack swiftly stood up to his full height and made Kirsten hold on to him properly, "The view's better here, you know?"

"So should I carry you too?" Alex asked Lisa but she just laughed at the idea.

"I'm a bit tired already actually. I think I need to stay at the bean bag." She said apologetically to the three, especially to Jack who was so excited to watch the stage performance like a kid.

Jack turned around, with Kirsten still on his back, and walked towards their first spot. "Sitting on top of your car looks great!" Kirsten said as she looked back to Lisa and Alex. Lisa smiled back at her and nodded in agreement.

For the next hour, the two ladies sat comfortably with popcorn and tall tumblers. Lisa reached out for Kirsten's hands and whispered, "Does this really look great to you?"

Kirsten faced her with utter confusion, "Yes, of course. Why would you ask that?"

"Well.." Lisa looked at the other two and cleared her throat, "I just thought that maybe you were just adjusting to my situation or something like that."

Kirsten chuckled in disbelief. "So this was what they were feeling back then."

"What?" Lisa asked, not getting sense out of her words.

"Well, way back when I was still, uhhh, pregnant, they were always a bit protective and would even adjust their drinking parties! Jack was the one doing that mostly, he wouldn't leave me with other people easily. And I would ask them the way you just asked me." Kirsten said as she quickly raised her shoulders in surprise followed by closed eyes and bit lips.

"They never change, huh? And now you're doing the same. You're really a part of them now." Lisa said as she patted her back. Kirsten's eyes grew wide with Lisa as she pulled back her hand with something slimy and sticky on it.

She looked at Jack and Alex who was making fun of the dancers' routines before turning to Kirsten, "What the hell? Was it just now?"

"Yeah." Kirsten looked down and grabbed a part of her skirt and played with it. "It's alright. It was expected."

"Let's go get changed." Lisa said before turning around to the other side of the car. Kirsten followed her carefully to avoid getting the attention of the two and see the egg thrown to her back. As they jumped to the grass, Lisa called to the two, "We're going shopping, you guys be good boys okaaay?"

Alex gave them a salute while Jack shouted sweetly with a big smile, "Don't get lost!" Lisa went in front of Kirsten and then turned her around so she can hide the egg mess behind Kirsten. They went straight to the nearest store that sells boho dresses and Kirsten was in the dressing tent in no time.

"I'll be your guard here." Lisa assured her before she went inside to change her clothes. Lisa roamed her eyes as she stood a few steps away in front the entrance of the makeshift dressing room. She went to twitter to check on how Jack's tweet was going. As she thought, there was a bad balance between outrageous reactions and calm and positive comments.

Many were furious about Kirsten and her seemingly promoted position in All Time Low, as how would bitter fans would put. Only a part were able to understand and consider Kirsten, if not possible, just a right girl for Jack. Many were also trying to predict their break up, not knowing that they have already tied the knot.

Lisa was already thinking about a great helpful retweet, when she heard a soft and almost crying scream. She turned around and saw the dressing tent thrown away, half-dressed Kirsten on her knees, her arms covering her head and a big splash of water in the air that will hit her.

The splash of water didn't soak Kirsten's newly bought dress, but hit Jack's blue shirt instead. His whole body covered the cowering Kirsten in the grass. Lisa gasped at the sight of the group of girls holding eggs on their hand. Jack stood Kirsten up, her head bowed down like it would pierce her chest and her hands were on her eyes.

"I'm here. I'm here." Jack hushed her as he kept her inside his arms. He turned to the girls with the most frightening and burning eyes. His eyes shew anger that could burst anytime. He gritted his teeth before shouting at them, "Leave! Now!"

Alex followed them, but with the car already. He even honked so loud to the girls who were leaving but still looking at Jack and Kirsten. Lisa was already wiping Jack's soaked head when Alex came to their rescue. They all got to the car, but Jack never let go of Kirsten. She's still in a cowering-like state. Her eyes were blank, and Jack was still feeling furious about what happened.

As they arrived at their house, Jack carried her to the room immediately and laid her on the bed. He went back outside to Alex and Lisa.

"Those girls even threw eggs on her back, Jack! Those bitches!" It was unlikely to hear such words coming out from Lisa but she does it when she's really pissed and when her friends are involved.

Alex on the other hand, kept his calm. He didn't want to be as furious as the two or they might ending up hurting their fans for real. "Maybe you should just keep her for now. They'll get used to it and time will get them thinking." He said as he pushes his friend gently back to the house. "We'll go out again after our vacation. We'll see what'll happen."

The night was quiet and the prerecorded audience laugh of the sitcom on the TV wasn't doing any help. The only words that Kirsten muttered since the dressing tent incident was, "We should go eat."

Jack sneezed like crazy over their dinner until it was bedtime. He even tweeted the incident and fortunately, turned Kirsten's situation around. But sympathy isn't really what he needed. What he needed was something that would cheer up Kirsten. On his second thought, he remembered what Alex said about time doing its thing on their situation.

"Hey." Jack almost jumped out of bed when Kirsten asked for his attention.

"Yes?" He answered before sneezing again. "Anything?"

Kirsten smiled at him before crashing into him with a hug. "Thank you, you handsome knight. That was some serious fairytale-like save back there."

Jack felt great relief on hearing Kirsten's voice being naturally okay. He answered back, "I became a dragon for a while too, actually."

"Yes, I heard it. I felt your hands shaking in anger."

"I-I" he moved her to the side, "I couldn't help myself. How can they do that?!"

"Well, I told you way back already that such things will happen. They wouldn't accept but let them be. I don't care and won't care anymore. Another Barakat trait unlocked!" She said before kissing his nose.

"I'm happy for that, but I will still throw a bitch fit tonight." He said in a girly tone that lightened up Kirsten's face. Jack grabbed his phone from the bedside drawer and immediately poured his heart out.

Love = respect. You say you love us so watch what you say or we'll throw it back to you with a punch. #srslypissed

"You sure about that?" Kirsten asked before Jack hits the Tweet button.

"Why? Seriously I could have punched them if they threw those eggs again!" he said as he punches the air like crazy.

"Whoa! Watch out! They're still your fans and I don't want them to hate me even more."

"Of course! I won't hit any girl! I'll only hit guys who want to take you away from me."

"That. Is. Impossible." Kirsten chuckled before opening up her thoughts to Jack. "Actually sometimes I'm still at lost on what you found in me. I mean, why the hell would you keep me in?"

"It's because of this." then Jack pulled up her night shirt and leaned his head on her chest.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

^_____^

★ Votes ★ are greatly appreciated.

♥ Add to Reading List ♥ to get updated.

◆ brainjunkies ◆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 110 9
-COMPLETED- Jack Barakat ended his own life eight years ago at the young age of nineteen. Or... that was the common belief, anyway. Alex Gaskarth w...
354K 5.6K 51
Y'all know the freaking vibes! I just have such a crush on Jack and have imagined so many scenarios and decided to share them with anyone willing to...
1.3K 93 11
Completed February 12, 2017 Sequel to Homewreckers DISCLAIMER: This is a fanfiction. The only thing real in this fic are the characters. The scenario...
287 7 17
Sequel to The J.A.C.I.E. Project JACIE Jay-see \ d͡ʒˈe͡ɪsi \ See Jennifer Anna Clara Isabell Evans. A recent graduate with a newly released EP, thr...