just one day • jungri

By squishytuan

❧ from glancing at each other in award shows to trying their best to hide their relationship on stage... a re... More

1: Beginnings
2: On Stage
3: Awkward?
4: The Bet
5: 'I kinda want to see her'
6: The Text
7: The Text (2)
9: First Date
10: First Date (2)
11: First Date (3)
12: Tired
13: Rehearsals
14: Show Time
15: Cold
16: Amends
17: Second Date
18: BTS' Dorm
19: 'Oppa'
20: Cookies, Kookie
21: Official?
22: Dare or Dare?
23: Red Flavor
24: Surprise Visit
25: Surprise Visit (2)
26: Overwatch
27: First Kiss
28: Music Bank in Singapore
29: The Breakup
30: Just One Day
NEW JUNGRI STORY

8: Tonight?

5.8K 241 42
By squishytuan

'Um, tonight?'

Jungkook's whites in his eyes doubled in size as his jaw dropped harshly - 'Tonight?!' He gasped, his mind completely blank but at the same time filled with thousands of thoughts and worries.

He really didn't expect meeting her so soon. He needed at least 3 or 4 days to physically and mentally prepare himself, but... seeing her in 3 or 4 hours?! He just wasn't ready!

On the other hand, he knew there wouldn't be another time like this where the both of them were free. Perhaps this was a sign? What if this was the only time a perfect chance like this would happen? Because let's face it. They're both very popular idols in very popular groups. Their schedules are absolutely crazy some days, and it would be difficult to make time like this until another couple months.

Jungkook took deep breaths and composed himself as he contemplated on what to do.

'Jimin hyung ~' he called, a slight tremble in his voice.

Within a couple moments, a smiley Jimin appeared at the door. 'Hmm?' He answered, as if he knew it was something to do with Yeri.

'Come here, I need some help' Jungkook said quickly, patting on the space beside him, prompting Jimin to sit there.

Jimin shook his head to the side lightly, and heavily dropped his body beside Jungkook. 'What is it?' he asked.

Jungkook showed him the conversation between himself and Yeri. Jimin's eyes sparkled as he read the cute and innocent texts, a smile beaming from his face.

'Heol, you're actually texting eachother! Ah, this is cute' he admitted, proceeding to read more.

It didn't take him long to reach the bottom. 'Hm? Tonight?' He turned to Jungkook, asking.

'Yes! I don't know what to do!' Jungkook pleaded.

'Go for it!' Jimin answered, simply. 'Come on, when's the next time you're both going to be free like this?'

'Yeah, that's what I thought too... but I need time to prepare!' Jungkook cutely confessed, 'I wanted to buy her something...'

Jimin brought his hand to his mouth, lamely trying to cover the massive grin he had on his face. 'Wow! Jungkook, you really like her?'

'No! I just want to make a good impression, I don't know...' he said, his ears burning up.

'No, yeah you should buy her something! Buy her something really nice so she'll fall all over you' Jimin smirked.

'Hyung, no! It's not like that, this is just for the bet we made..'

'Ok, shall we make a bet? If you fall for her, you owe me 50'

Jungkook's lips parted. 'What? No!'

'And why?' Jimin pestered.

'Ok, ok fine. I'm telling you, this is only going to be a one-time thing...' he said, without any confidence.

'Deal?' Jimin stuck his hand out, waiting.

Jungkook was uneasy, but couldn't back away.

'Deal' he grabbed Jimin's hand and shook it firmly. Suddenly, he thought of the time when holding Yeri's soft hands, only a short couple days ago. And now they were already texting, and perhaps off to a date.

Jimin looked surprised at the fact Jungkook just bet with him. 'Wow, you're so dumb, Jungkook. You're going to lose this! You like her! Isn't that why you told us you were going to date her, that you were going to be really careful.. isn't that why you pestered me to give you her number, and why you ran about when she said yes to your date? Isn't that why you want to buy her something, even if this is only for some 'bet'? Am I right?'

Jungkook was flustered and felt defeated hearing all the things he had done, because of Yeri, until now. He definitely felt his cheeks burn red.

'Th-that's just because this is the first time I'm doing this!' He said, stuttering, and regretting to bet on this because he was fully aware there was a high chance he'd fall for her. 'But hyung, I can't afford to waste time. Help me, what do I tell her' he said, serious.

'Wait, where are you even going to go?' Jimin said, thinking. 'Ugh, it's going to be harder since we're staying in the main dorm.'

Many idol groups had two dorms - if they could afford it. One dorm, their 'main dorm' was where they slept and stayed during comebacks. It's the 'main dorm' since that's the only dorm everyone knows about; the dorm where fans and reporters hide and try to invade their privacy. But of course, during promotional periods, they were hardly staying at this dorm since they were often busy with schedules, therefore it was slightly smaller.

Then there's the second dorm, the 'real dorm'. This was the actual dorm where idols would rest and stay, whenever they weren't in the middle of a comeback. This dorm is usually located somewhat far away from the main dorm, and not many people knowof it.
That's one of the secrets idols have to keep from fans, no matter what. That's because their 'real dorm' is where they're truly free and away from any cameras, where they don't have to worry about intruders or reporters snapping away at any given opportunity.

But, since BTS were currently promoting, they were residing in their main dorm. That meant it was a lot harder to go out, especially since they were a hot topic in Korea right now.

'I know a place' Jimin announced, after a minute or so of thinking. 'It's where I took Seulgi when I first took her out,' he said, a small smile on his lips. 'It's a really quite restaurant, there's good food and there's mostly just the elderly around... I could drive you there but it's quite far? But, do you even know where her her dorm is?' He asked, reasonably.

'Oh, no..' Jungkook said, reaching for his phone. 'Shall I ask her?'

'Of course!' Jimin exclaimed. Jungkook hurriedly opened the conversation, typing:

'Ok! Shall I pick you up at your dorm?'

And with a quick 'ok' from Jimin, sent the text.

'Ok, ok... what do I wear! What do I get her? What do I say?' Jungkook spat out, word after word as his jitters got the best of him.

Jimin laughed at the sight of him, 'Wow, this is why you shouldn't date.'

Jungkook flopped on to his bed and squiggled about for a couple seconds before jumping on to his feet. 'Ok, I need to get ready' he said, now a lot more calm and composed.

Jimin laughed even more, 'Ha! Personality change!' He said, before getting up himself to help his friend get ready.

**
Yeri could hardly believe she was going out with Jeon Jungkook. Tonight. She didn't know why she actually texted him that she could go out tonight, maybe because she knew she wouldn't be available for a while. But she suddenly had a million and one butterflies fluttering in her stomach, as she totally was not ready to meet him. Tonight.

'Seulgi unnie!!' She yelled, needing some advice and assistance.

In a minute or two, Seulgi was by her side.
'What? Tonight?! Wow, look at you! You're so nervous, this doesn't happen to you Yeri!' She teased, after finding out she was planning to go out with Jungkook tonight.

'I'm sorry, that means I can't go to our dinner this evening' Yeri apologised, completely forgetting she had just ditched her members.

'What! Don't be sorry! The others are going to be so happy' Seulgi laughed, 'but you're going to have to be really careful Yerimie'

'I know, I'm scared...' Yeri admitted. She was completely terrified. Especially since both BTS and Red Velvet were on camera nonstop recently, if anyone saw them tonight, they'd be in big trouble.

But besides, this was only going to be a one-off thing to Yeri. This was just for the bet. Yeri promised to herself not to fall for him, and after this they'd just return to what they used to be.

But, inside, she was still really nervous.

'Does he know where our dorm is?' Seulgi interrupted Yeri's thoughts.

'Oh. Good question.' Yeri answered, grabbing her phone to text him.

'Oh!' She exclaimed. 'That's creepy!'

'What?' Seulgi asked.

'He literally just texted me saying if he should pick me up in our dorm.'

'Ooh, did he put a camera on you?!' Seulgi joked.

'Ew, what? No!' Yeri laughed, 'Ok, do I tell him the address? How's he going to get here without being caught?' Yeri wondered.

'Just tell him, he's smart, I'm sure he'll find a way. It's annoying we're in our main dorm right now though...'

'None of this would have happened if we weren't promoting at the same time...' Yeri said.

'Oh, you're right! Destiny ~' she sang.

Yeri rolled her eyes, 'I'll give him the address but it'd be better if he came through the back entrance... but I don't know how he'll know where to go' Yeri stressed, 'this is why meeting idols is hard...' she thought to herself.

'Pass your phone. I'll tell him the address and directions to the back entrance. I had to do the same with Jimin' she smiled.

'Ooooh~' Yeri cooed, 'how are you and Jimin, anyway?'

'Hmm? We're just friends. We've only met up once but we're both busy so...'

'Oh! Why don't you come along with me! I can ask Jungkook!' Yeri shot up, with twinkling eyes and a wide smile.

'No no no! Tonight is just you and Jungkook. We'll go out another time!' Seulgi replied, turning down Yeri's suggestion.

'But! It's going to be so awkward!' Yeri complained, sitting back down on her bed.

'Awkward? Yeri, you're the least awkward person I know. Just be yourself and you'll be great.' Seulgi reassured the maknae. It was true, Yeri could never shut up whenever she made a new friend. She was just one of those casual people you could tell anything to.

'Yeah but, I think he's a really shy person..' Yeri seemed to notice. 'He'd never really make eye contact and he always seems flustered' she concluded.

Seulgi scoffed. 'Why wouldn't he be flustered when he's around you? He asked you out on a date, he likes youuu~'

'Wha- stop, no! The bet, this is just for the bet!' Yeri fought, 'Anyway, hurry and text him then! And then you need to help me get ready, I have no time to waste!' She said, hopping up and stretching her arms.

And with secret smiles wiped across their faces, both Jungkook and Yeri started getting ready for their 'date' that night.

--
omg guys im sorry this is such a bad chapter, i kinda rushed it but since i feel bad, ill post THE chapter tomorrow aka jungri's FIRST DATE WOO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 2.5K 22
𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ ᴏғ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛs... [Remember not every ending is happy ending] @𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐲𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐌�...
3.5K 262 12
The love behind the walls... unknown to everyone but known to heart....💜
96.7K 3.9K 25
[ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ ] in which jeon jungkook had a bet with his best friend, kim yugyeom to date the school's loner, kim yerim. started : 28/10/2017 ended :...
81.5K 2.2K 25
recently getting out of an abusive relationship, you live in korea because your now ex had moved you both in while together. a risky escape leads you...