A Story of Love

Av maryc2793

This is another story of love which starts from the end; A story that will test love, its limitations and how... Mer

A Story of Love
Prologue
Chapter 1: Yes
Chapter 2: Diamond
Chapter 3: Dream Family
Chapter 4: Intimate
Chapter 5: Who You Love
Chapter 6: Signs
Chapter 7: Arrangements
Chapter 8: Twins
Chapter 9: Psychology
Chapter 10: Company
Chapter 12: First Day
Chapter 13: Troubles Start Now
Chapter 14: Jenna
Chapter 15: Sepanx
Chapter 16: Winner
Chapter 17: Consuming
Chapter 18: Separated
Chapter 19: Reunited
Chapter 20: Busy Days
Chapter 21: Eyes
Chapter 22: Bad Dream
Chapter 23: Break
Chapter 24: Transient
Chapter 25: Crazy
Chapter 26: Away
Chapter 27: Proof
Chapter 28: Hug
Chapter 29: Impossible
Chapter 30: Happy Sunday
Chapter 31: Daddy's Girl
Chapter 32: Nannies
Chapter 33: Together Forever
Chapter 34: Vena Amoris

Chapter 11: Next Level

710 9 2
Av maryc2793

Chapter 11

Jeric

I’m on my feet when I heard Anna’s call.

“Je-Jec, bl-blood…” she said.

My limbs became automatic, my hands grabbed my car keys and my feet walked to my car. I was in my car in seconds.

Jeron went inside my car right after I did. He must’ve noticed my distress.

I was moving my car backwards when I saw my parents and my sisters looking at my car worriedly. Jeron waved at them like he’s signaling them that he’ll be with me and he will update them.

Those observations only took a fragment of a second. I’m all focused to Anna.

My phone is still on my ear. “Baby, what’s happening?”

I move my car out of the gate and we’re on our way.

“J-Jec, our baby,” I heard her call.

“Ate?!” I heard Toni screamed from the other line. He must’ve seen his sister.

“Ate anung nangyari?” Toni said as I heard noises from the other line.

“Help, my baby.” Anna cried.

“Anna?!” I called out.

“I’ll bring you to the hospital,” I heard Toni said. The line went off and all I can hear is the tinging sound of cut line.

I gave my phone to Jeron. “Call Toni,” I ordered.

Jeron didn’t utter a word and followed what I said. I saw him tap something on my phone and held it to his ears.

“Tons… Okay… San kayo?” I heard Jeron say. He nodded and turned to me.

My brother and I went to the hospital where Toni brought Anna. My eyes were focused and I didn’t say a word while we’re on our way.

When we arrived at the hospital, I directed the car in front of the emergency room. I immediately went off the car without turning it off. I know Jeron will take care of it.

When I reached the white-walled room full of people wearing green scrub suit, my eyes lingered to look for my Anna.

My heart is beating so fast, like it’s pounding its way out of my thoracic cavity.

Then I saw Toni trying to peek over a huddle of a doctors at the far side of the room. I ran towards him.

I looked at Toni he looked so weary. There’s a little blood stain on his shirt. I didn’t say a word and force my way into the huddle of doctors.

Anna was lying lifeless on the bed and that’s all I saw. I felt an arm pull me away from Anna. I tried to fight back but another set of hands held me off.

I didn’t force the issue because I know it will do no good. I sat beside Toni. We were both silent when a guy in a white robe went up to us.

We both stood up. “Toni, your sister is now fine.” I heard the doctor say.

I think the doctor is one of their mother’s colleague because he knows Toni.

“How about the baby?” I asked quickly.

“The baby is now fine. Anna’s pregnancy is a little delicate.” The doctor said.

Toni and I virtually heaved out our relief. The doctor said something to Toni I didn’t caught because I was eager to see Anna.

After a few more words, a nurse ushered us to where Anna is. She’s now fully awake.

She immediately got up when she saw us. I immediately went to her and laid her back.

“It’s okay. We’re here. I’m here,” I told her and kissed her forehead.

“Jec, how’s our baby?” She asked worriedly.

“You’re alright as well as the baby,” I told her.

She mirrored the look that Toni and I had when we heard the news.

“Everything’s alright baby. Don’t worry,” I soothed her.

“What happened Ate?” Toni asked as he settled himself at the chair on the other side.

Anna reminisced. “I was thirsty and I went to the kitchen. Then I wanted to call Jeric. I was dialing Jeric’s number then I felt the kitchen island on my stomach. It hurts. When I looked down, there was blood. Then I saw my phone was in call with Jeric’s. I tried to talk to him then Toni was there.”

“I should have not left you alone at home,” I said, not to her or Toni, but to myself.

If anything happened to her and to our baby, there’s no one to be blamed but myself.

“Jec, it’s not your fault.” Anna assured me.

I looked down.

“Ahia,” Jeron called.

“Shoti,” I lifted my face and found my brother.

“Achi, how are you?” Jeron turned to Anna.

“I’m fine now and the baby,” Anna answered.

My brother looked relieved and he turned to me.

“Ahia, I already told Mom what happened. They will come here daw,” Jeron announced.

“I’ll also call Mom and Dad.” Toni said and stood up.

“Jeric, I’m scared. I thought I lo-lost…” Anna said and her tears are on the verge.

“Shhh… It’s alright. Our baby is safe,” I tried to assure Anna.

Anna couldn’t contain her tears so I immediately reached for her and enveloped her in my arms. She sob silently.

My parents were first to arrive and Anna’s parents arrived shortly. Toni talked to them and relayed everything.

“Anna, what do you feel now?” Tita Belle asked and went to her daughter’s side.

“I’m okay, Mom.” Anna answered.

The parents fussed over Anna as we watched them.

There’s a thought that came to mind while they talk. I calculated everything in my mind, thought of what might happen and the consequences.

“Excuse me po,” I said then all eyes were directed to me.

“I’m thinking po,” I said as I walked to Anna’s side and held her hand for support.

She looked up to me in confusion but remained silent.

“Jeric?” Tito Alberto urged.

“I want to take care of Anna po,” I said.

They all shoot me with a confused look.

 “What do you mean Jeric?” Tita Belle asked.

“I’ve been thinking that everybody’s busy… not that I mean something… and Anna’s been left alone most of the time… and one of my sponsor pledge me a condominium near the gym we are practicing when I signed to endorse their product… my practices only takes a couple of hours and my games only takes an hour to two… so I guess I can very well take care of her,” I bare got that out while tangling and untangling my fingers.

“Are you telling us that you want to live with Anna, Jeric?” Mom simplified it for me.

I nodded. I didn’t get the reaction that I’m expecting, the screaming and the slapping and the sort. They all looked at me like I’m a science project.

“How do you plan doing it Jeric? You still have your practices and Anna still has work? Tito Alberto asked, weighing things.

“Did you say you got a condominium?” Dad added.

“Uhhh, yes po. But I don’t have plans of using it until now. I was hoping that it’ll be one of my investments for future use. And to answer your question Tito. I will pick Anna from work as per usual. My practices ends at the time Anna is dismissed from work. Then I get to take care of her when we’re home.” I explained, crossing my fingers.

Tito Alberto is again poker face while Tita Belle is looking at me intently.  I didn’t dare to look at my parents.

Anna looked up t me with a blank expression. I can’t seem to read her face.

“Dad, I think that’s a very good idea,” Tita Belle said.

We all turned to her, especially Tito Alberto.

“How so?” Tito Alberto asked with his lawyer tone.

“I’m a doctor and I’m on call always. Toni is a med student and I very well understand how studying can consume time. And you’re always out of town for your new case. Anna’s pregnancy is delicate. You know how that is. We’ve been there before,” Tita Belle laid her reasons.

“You really think that it would be necessary for them to live together?” Tito Alberto asked.

“I believe Jeric can very well take care of Anna,” TIta Belle said.

The rest of us were intently listening to them.

“We can always take care of Anna,” my Mom offered.

“Tita, I wouldn’t want to burden you,” Anna said.

“Anna, you’re part of the family. You’re not a burden.” My Mom added.

Anna’s parents continue to discuss on their own while Anna and my Mom talk.

“Let’s trust Anna on this one, like we always does.” Tita Bells lastly said that made her husband think about it.

After a long pause, Tito Alberto rose out of his deep thought and looked at his daughter.

“What do you think Anna?” Tito asked.

Anna was surprised when everybody looked at her like she’s not expecting that she’ll have the last say but she composed herself. Anna took her time to think about it.

After thinking about it, she lifted her face to meet my gaze.

“Let’s give it a try, I guess.”

Anna decided to live with me. My parents insisted that we both stay with them but they were overruled by Anna saying she doesn’t want to bother them.

But both our parents made us compromise. Each set of parents will give us a helper, so we’ll be bringing two helpers in our condominium.

We had no choice but to bring them with us. I guess it would be best for Anna, just in case, I’m not there.

Before we walked through the door of my condominium, I stopped which also made her stop. I put down the bags that I’m carrying. She looked at me confusingly.

I smirked at her and carried her gently to my arms.

“Jeric! What are you doing?” She squealed when she’s on my arms.

“Carrying you over the threshold.” I said as a matter of fact.

I walked through the doors as the helpers carry the bags inside.

Anna is giggling when I set her on her feet.

“Jeric, that’s for just got married couples.” She said, still smiling.

I looked up and counted the months using my fingers.

“In seven months-time, we’re going to be that couple.” I said to her.

She smirked at me. “Confident ka ah.”

I gaped at her as the thought dawned me. I stared at her blankly. She quickly moved to be closer to me.

“Jec, I was joking. Of course I would marry you if you still want to,” She told me cupping my face with her palms.

“How about you? Would you want to marry me one day without considering what I want?” I asked her.

“That’s not what I meant, Jec. I’m sorry if I made you feel like I’m only marrying you because you want to not because I really want to.” She said and caressed my face.

I held her hand and removed it from my face. “I don’t want you to do things you don’t want to do.”

“Jeeeec,” she called me and tried to pull me to an embrace but I resisted.

Sometimes, I do really feel that she doesn’t want to marry me, like she would only do it because she has no choice because I knocked her up.

When the marriage topic is brought up, she would go defensive, like she doesn’t really want to marry me. 

Thinking about it throws stabs of pain to my heart.

“I was joking, Jec. That’s not what I meant.” She tried to expain.

“It’s okay, Anna. Let’s not talk about it.” I said to dismiss the topic.

I smiled to end the conversation. She became silent and I know she didn’t buy that.

We end up not talking to each other while we unpack our things. The condo is fully furnished as promised by my sponsor.

I hate this, not talking to Anna when she’s just feet away but I can’t seem to find the voice to talk to her thinking that she doesn’t want to marry while I’m dying to.

I busied myself in unpacking our things. I took a rest on the couch when I felt that I’m tired.

I didn’t notice I fell asleep until I stirred awake from the couch.

The first thing I noticed was the smell of the roasted chicken few meters away from where I am.

I walked to where the smell is coming from and found myself in the kitchen. I found Anna, her back at me, busying herself in the stove.

I let my eyes look at her. She was surprised when she found me looking at her.

“I’ll be done in a bit,” She said safely, trying to gauge my mood.

“Okay. I’ll be in the living room,” I told her dryly.

“I will call you when dinner’s ready,” she said sadly.

I walked to the living and opened the television and watched random TV show until I heard Anna called me.

We sat in front of each other and stared at each other.

Anna stood up and went to my side. She quietly put food into my plate. She was transferring rice to my plate and she put the serving spoon down.

She hugged me from the side and buried her face to my shoulders. I didn’t move.

“I’m sorry,” she said. I didn’t move nor utter a word.

“Jec,” she called.

“Jec, huwag ka ng magtampo. Nagbibiro lang naman ako eh,” she said.

I continued not to move. I don’t know what’s gotten into me but I wanted to try her patience.

Unfortunately for me, she removed her arms around me and went back to her seat. She slowly moved and put food to her plate.

She’s looking down and I can’t see her face. She proceeded to eating her food without looking at me. I also started to eat my food.

We were both silent until I heard her sob. I looked to her and I saw her wiping her cheeks.

That’s it for me I guess. I hate hearing and seeing her cry.

“Anna,” I called out to her. I didn’t intend my voice to sound cold but it did.

Her sobs became louder and I can’t bear it.

I stood up and went to her side and rubbed her back.

“Please stop crying,” I said.

“You were never that cold to me Jec. You were always sweet and gentle. I’m sorry if I made you feel like I don’t want to be with you forever. I was only teasing you. I’m sorry.” She said while sobbing.

“Shhh, it’s okay. Don’t cry na,” I told her.

She lifted her face.

“You still look pretty even your nose is fluffy red and you’re eyes are chinky.” I told her and smiled genuinely.

“Di ka na tamporurot?” She asked me.

I shook my head and smiled.

“Just for the record, I would really want to marry you someday, just after this. I don’t want to cloud my head with a lot of stuff. It’s already a mess in here.” She said and pointed to her temple.

She looked tough outside but her eyes says she’s a lost girl in this huge maze. I brought her here. I guess I should be the patient one.

“It’s okay. I won’t push it. Let’s take one step at a time,” I smiled and wipe the remaining remnants of tears on her face.

She nodded and smiled.

“We’ll do this right and we’ll be perfect.” I assured her.

“Jec, can we finish the food na? Gutom na gutom talaga ako eh,” She said cutely.

How can I say no to this beautiful face?

“Buntis nga. Andami mo ngang niluto,” I told her.

“Excuse me, I cooked for the helpers din kaya,” She defended and stuck her tongue out at me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Here's another chapter for you guys. Enjoy reading. I'm open for suggestins and ideas that might help. Feel free to leave a comment or DM me or something. Thanks for the support.

Comment and Vote XOXO

Fortsett å les