Fear Is How I Fall * Bucky Ba...

By GingerEyes

*Based On Captain America: Winter Soldier* Anne Shmidt was under the curse that her father had placed her in... More

Fear Is How I Fall * Bucky Barnes/ Winter Soldier Love Story*
Chapter One: I Am A Ghost * Re-done*
*Note*
Chapter Three: Moments Of Rest
Chapter Four : Not So Fast
Chapter Five: Seperate Ways
Chapter Six: The Weak
NOT YOUR NORMAL MUTANT!
Chapter Seven: You'll Never See Him Coming
Chapter Eight : I Am Still Alive *Added on*
Chapter Nine: A Girl That Cant Be Touched * Added On*
Chapter Ten: Staying This Way?
Writer's Note , Please read.
Chapter Eleven: The Confussing Battle
Chapter Twelve : But I Knew Them
Chapter Thirteen : Just A Girl He Used To Know
Chapter Fourteen: We Are Both Ghost's Now... *Added On*
Chapter Fifteen : You Are My Lover Bucky!
TEASER FOR SPARKS FLY * Added On*
Writer's Note
Teaser For Dark Skies

Chapter Two : The Crow And The Fire Bird

9.9K 181 55
By GingerEyes

Bucky's P.O.V

The girl from the ice box escaped from me. The girl who shouldn't have woken , well did so. I should have killed her instead of giving in with the kiss. But that slobbery thing was a gift after all as I was her "Savoir" and all. 

I should try to get her out of my mind as she kept me up all night.  So what I missed one? I failed a few others back in my day. She's  just one woman.

That doesn't mean that I am not angry with it. I am in flames because of it. A woman who I could have killed in her sleep had woken up and slipped out of my hands. My hands pushed down my gun as it hit the ground hard. I pulled my mask off and relaxed for a moment before the number one person that I didn't want to see enter.

Alexander Pierce walks in. My employer and head of HYDRA . He always seemed so professional when he comes here.  Secretly this is his true form as he is" friend" of my next target: Nick Fury. He adjusted his glasses and smiled at me as he sat down on the bench next to me. I looked away from him as I couldn't look at him in the eyes.

"So she escaped." He said. I taken a deep breath as he kept on talking to me" How did a cursed woman do it?"

I remained silent as he continued.

"Weak gotten soft over some women. I bet that you were the one who kissed her" He hissed.

Those were strong words. Maybe he was right about getting a bit soft over a woman like that  . I still kept silent as he kept on bitching over my failures.

Failure

Trash

Coward

 I couldn't take any of this crap  that he was giving off to me. As I stood up Alexander cleared his throat as I turned my head and looked down upon  him.

"This woman is the next highlight assassination . Nick Fury is your primary target please follow your orders. Next time you see Anne kill her and bring her body here."

I tilted my head in confusion. That wasn't part of the plan, it was to just dump her body in a ditch . Why keep a body of a woman now REALLY dead. I then questioned his actions.

"Why bring her body here?" I ask him.

Alexander was shocked that I spoke. It was the first time I spoke since I was awaken. He had shaken his head and stood up. He placed his hand on my shoulders.

"To make more good soldiers like you. We need more like you . Her power's were nothing at first, now looking at her escaping routines against our best soldier, I think its time for you to have  a partner "

I still didn't get it" In what way sir?"

"As in whatever you see it as" He said patting me on the shoulders and leaving me in my thoughts.

What I am not good enough for him? Was it supposed to be an insult in my account or a compliment? But I feel so useless now. Was I just some toy for HYDRA and was a trial when a person like this came along. A partner, like I need one like her. A woman who ran away from her fate . But maybe a girl with powers of fire is just what we need. Her breath must turn a man to ashes just by one blow. But we would need to fix her "running away " objective. 

But maybe she had ran because she didn't know me. Seventy years is a long time for a woman to be out. Her family must be dead, her friends shot and killed during the war. The technology must frighten her, the way we dress must disgust her taste. Heck I might have scared her in more then one way.

But maybe Alexander is  right. Maybe I need her as a partner.

I have to kill her in order for her to join our side.  She would have to be under immediate lock down after she is resurrected as she would try to escape. I had tried to do the same and I did, but as I was confused I had came back to do my duty.

Anne's location must be in New York, the closest city that I was near by.  She must have called the cops and stuff. The walk must have taken her over night and maybe a few extra hours. I expect that the journey had taken 13-15 hours.  Anne must have also called the police, so typical.

The cops wont stop me  getting to her.  She cant stay awake forever, so I could slit her throat in her sleep. No one will be watching over sometime, so ill shoot her when she least expects it.  But her death wont end her life, she will resurrect as a woman killing machine . We will be partners in crime  until one of us is lost in battle.

Nick Fury however is my next prime target. He's the one for getting  HYDRA's plans running. If Anne's wondering around, wont hurt to get her as well.

Anne's P.O.V

So. Tired.

I am wandering the streets of New York like the living dead. My legs are hunching over as my back was hunched as well. I couldn't take it anymore.

I sighed in relief when I seen a grey car right in front of me. There was a black man just about to get into the car. I need that ride.

I have been walking for over twelve hours and I went past over 2 small towns. None of them having a police department. And I have no money on me to pay for a phone call. And maybe the polices phone number changed. Plus it would be stupid to ask what the polices phone number is! The black man had turned when I tapped his shoulder.

He was way taller then me so he had looked down on me. He had a black eye patch and flashed a eyebrow at me. Then he shaken his head

"Taken you long enough Miss Shmidt"

I don't know this man. How does he know me?  Was he sent down by the creepy man to take m down instead?

"Don't worry Anne, Steve was waiting for you" He told me. That had changed things around for me, I couldn't believe that a old friend was here. A man who's been through hell just like me. A person that I could relate to. A shoulder to cry on after the event.

I made my way into the car and immediately crashed right there. My eyes were so tired so they just locked tight as Nick Fury entered the car. He slammed the door shut  then I entered my own new world.

Back in the old days. Back in hell , my fathers lair . The twisted experiments that he made on the innocent for a better chance of winning Germany over. I couldn't sleep properly as all that he did was experiment twistedly on the people , inserting drugs not mean in man. Each day my father would dump several bodies out of our hovercraft because they failed to resist the pain, and that isn't too settle for  a warrior for the Shmidt family. 

One time when I watched a man being dumped over. He of course was infected from the chemicals , his skin was a pale purple and covered with blue boils. That wasn't right. My father had stood next to me as he watched the man perish before our eyes. He turned to me and looked down on me with his demonic eyes as he place his hands on my cheeks.

"This may be hard to see at first  my flower but over time your going to see that this is what mankind is made for. We are born weak, the very few that survive are the strongest of us. They will leave a mark on us" He told me in German.

Yet as I watch the experiments go on, no one really lived. One day however I had seen a man around his early thirties screech as the pain had been injected . My father had forced me to watch in complete horror as I watched the flesh slither down his arms. My father was surprised the he even lived though that.

"That one. He's meant to do great things Anne" He hissed in our language again before the doctor and himself left for us to be alone.

The victim had taken a deep breath as they left , glad that the torture was over for now. I had made my way to the experimenting table and studied him. He was rather good looking for a man actually, short brown hair , and amazing blue eyes . He at first shaken his head at me thinking that I might do more evil to him.

I had pressed my finger on my lips to assure him that I was alright. I reached over to the table to grab a glass of water that the doctor never drank out of as I slowly poured it inside his mouth.. Once he was done he had spoken in a low gentle voice to me .

"Thank -you" He said as it taken a lot of his energy.

I given a nod to him as I heard my father calling me from the other room . He had something to tell me. I turned back to the man and waved to him before walking away.

After all of the pain that he had went through he had smiled back.

A fast intense force had pushed me back to the earth. It was like a tremble of the earth as the vehicle had been pushed up to the sky. I had no idea what had happened when I was asleep.

As the deep smoke of death surrounded us, I had grasped Nick Fury as he was headed out of the window that was now shattered. I couldn't see him get hurt, I couldn't see no- one getting hurt.

The car came down with a bang with the front and back windows completely shattered. The deep smell of fire came in as the sight of smoke thickened in our sight. Nick Fury had looked at me in complete shock at the woman he just picked up. He looked at me upon respect, like a hero.

Yet there was footsteps heading towards the car. I had no idea who it was or why he was heading our way. Nick had leant over to see who was heading our way . And by his response of reaction it wasn't too good for us. 

"Who is it?" I mouth.

"Winter Soldier" He responded with no words . He then realised that I had no clue on who the man was so he waved his hand to forget about it.

The mans black pants were visible where I was sitting . Nick had stood very still not knowing what to do at the moment. I decided to take action for him instead.

I gotten out of the remains of the car and stood right behind the vehicle . Nick had made his way though as he followed my path I achieved.  He stopped when he stood right next to me. My head then turned up to study who I was facing .

Its that same guy that I escaped from last night. Guess that he's called the Winter Soldier .

The man had changed his outfit. This time he's wearing a black jacket and some fancy face mask and goggle. But its not like his fashion sense is going to change his fate here. Nick had turned his head to me then quickly looked back before seeing the soldier decided to shoot Nick first.

Not if I am going to help it.

I lunged towards the man and pushed him down. He, like any other man wasn't expecting that from a woman. He was shocked as he tried to get up once again. I think I got him right where I need him now.  I pushed his two arms down as he struggled to get up.

I had turned my head to check if Nick had taken the chance to leave. Of course he did, now lets just pray that he gotten help to take this man down.

Bucky's P.O.V

Not again.

This woman ,this mutant ..whatever she calls herself is a evil creature. She does things so unexpected of her gender. Now with my primary target gone, I need to find a way to take her down . 

When she looked away I had found my chance to push her off of me . I am known for my strength as she is for her guts and flames . I am going to have a hell of a time to take her down. 

Her head had hit the remains of the car as she flown fast enough to even see the car move along with her. She moaned as her head bobbled over . She got stung pretty well for a mutant.

I seen this as my chance as I walked towards her with a knife in my hand. I have to remind myself that I could tarnish the body too badly. If I did her body will be worth nothing .

When I approached her things started to get blank in my head. I wondered what would she even think about coming back like me. I know I was different , but she will loose everything up to the point she was resurrected. My body kneels next to hers as I study her features more closely.

Her head was bleeding from the shards of glass on the car. According to the stains around her, it was a lot of blood and she would die off if she didn't get any help soon.

She's going to die anyways. Why not just bring her back to  HYDRA and they will resurrect her when she looses consciousness.

Blood had clumped her hair making it look way darker then it usually was. The woman had looked up and shown sadness by the pain of her head. She also seemed rather impatient with me.

"KILL ME ALREADY! JUST MAKE IT FAST!" She yelled.

Yet I couldn't do it. As I tried to push down the knife  to grant her the wish, there was something that I made me not grant the wish. It must have been that I pulled a muscle in the gym before coming here.

Excuses, the truth was I thought about the kiss. Hers touching mine, look I need to face it I am a wimp around her. I have no idea why , I just am.

But I am just going to have to man up and slay her like a Dragon. Its going to be hard but I must, I have to...

My arm began to lower slowly to the woman's cries . My blade touched her skin before I was knocked off the course.

It was the way she looked at me that made me so sad. I couldn't see myself doing this now. I am going to go with the first plan I though of. I am going to take her to HYDRA and they will deal with her.

I pick her up what you might say" Bridal style ". Her face full of confusion as I began to walk away from the scene. But she began to seem so weak in my arm compared to what she was the other day. A fierce tiger with fire powers.

That was when I was stopped by a man who seemed to take our country's colors too seriously . He looked familiar too :Captain America they called him. He shaken his head at me while my target Nick Fury stood behind him.

"You know that's not how you carry a woman. Let my friend down" He ordered.

I stared at him when he said that . complete rubbish. How would a woman like her know a man like him. This man dresses up in stripes, unless she's his sidekick or something.

Anne's P.O.V

I was too much in pain to react to my friends return in my life. The soldier of course didn't move as  the Captain had taken a step closer to me.

"Do you have any idea how much she means to me ? She's family to me" He mutters  as the soldier looked down to me and thought for a few moments.

He could have killed me right there by the car. Yet he didn't , why?  Something's in his mind that makes him twisted enough to carry a victim to a place . Maybe he had more pain in store for me somewhere else.

 The soldier surprisingly had put me down to the ground for some reason. The grass was soft and comfy as I am taking slower breaths now.

The soldier gotten what he wanted me.

Dead.

The man had looked at me one last time before  leaving me to rot on the ground. Steve and Nick didn't move until the winter soldier  moved far enough away from me. Steve had knelt to my side to pick me up and walk me back to the safest place that he could think of.

I didn't look anywhere else except for the blue eyes that glanced back. I missed those eyes so much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 528 51
Scarlette Romanoff was always known as a wild card. She had her own set of rules she followed. She did her own thing. But when Coulson calls her back...
21.1K 644 59
*CURRENTLY BEING EDITED - EDITED CHAPTERS HAVE THE NUMBER WRITTEN WITH NO NUMBERS* When Tony first met Grace, she had just climbed out of a cryogenic...
5K 20 22
Director Fury recruites a new Avenger, who seems almost too familiar to Bucky. You knew who he was, but only through a haze of blurry, bloody memorie...
3.4K 55 22
She was an innocent woman when they took her. He was her only friend when they had her. She didn't understand why they took her. Now she is free and...