Zodiac High: The Fallen Stars

By KaitlinAnnetteDavis

"24 children - a girl and a boy of each sign - shall be born on Earth with incredible power. I'll need you, M... More

Names + Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1: To The Plane
Chapter 2: The Twins
Chapter 3: Teacher's Lounge
Chapter 4: Faker
Chapter 5: Lance
Chapter 7: Accidental Runaway
Chapter 8: Surprise Attacks
Chapter 9: Empty Beds
Chapter 10: Ava
Chapter 11: Weak
Chapter 12: Ruby
Chapter 13: Middlemist Red
Chapter 14: Revenge
Chapter 15: Pep Talk
Bonus Chapter: Sullivan

Chapter 6: Arrows & Poison

693 38 33
By KaitlinAnnetteDavis

[Published July 16th 2017]

It's a little over midnight here but I couldn't wait to publish this XD

----

"Do we have everything packed?" Penny asked, looking over at Sam and Emilia, who both nodded. Penny sent a smile before flinging her backpack over her shoulder. They brought normal necessities like snacks, water and their phones.

"Ok, let's go!" Penny continued, before heading out of the Water Sign girls' bedroom, Emilia following behind. Sam stood still for a moment, holding her stomach with a worried expression, like she knew something was wrong.

"Sam?" Penny asked, looking over at the black-haired girl. Sam looked over at Penny, her eyes half closed as she struggled to keep them open. Sam could feel the floor move under her feet as she felt herself falling over, but Penny managed to catch her before she reached the ground.

"Sam?!" Sam looked up at the brunette with tired eyes, before everything turned black.

--

"Oh my God..."

Penny couldn't stop her jaw from dropping as she and Emilia reached the infirmary; at least half of the students were unconscious on each their bed. Nurses rushed around, taking tests on them to figure out what was wrong.

Penny walked up to the nurse by Sam's bed, seeing she was looking over a chart.

"What's going on?" Emilia asked (in Caitlin's form).

"We're not sure," the nurse replied, looking up from the chart in her hands. "We think it's some kind of poison."

"P-poison...?" Penny asked, her eyes widening as she felt tears forming in fear of losing Sam, let alone half her class.

"We think something was put in the food," the nurse continued. "But whatever it is, it can't kill. From what it looks like, it only puts the victim in a coma." The nurse sent a warm smile to Penny to calm her.

"I'm sure they're ok," she said reassuringly, before putting away the chart to check out the other unconscious students.

"Why would anyone want to poison a bunch of students but not kill them...?" Penny wondered, looking over at the poor victims. An idea crossed Emilia's mind, causing her eyes to widen as she looked over at the small brunette.

"To stall..." Emilia replied. "I think Sullivan's up to something."

"He's trying to buy time..." Penny thought out loud, looking over at Emilia fearfully. "We need to get Caitlin now!" Penny continued, before running out of the infirmary.

"Wait up, Penny!" Emilia called after her, running after. "Is now the best time to have a rescue mission?!"

"Yes," Penny answered as they ran down the hallway. "His focus will be here, not on Caitlin!" Penny ran into the Water Signs' dorm, grabbing her book bag before running out of the dorm and down the hall.

"How will we even get there?!" Emilia asked, following close behind. Penny continued to the lobby, running outside. She continued to the back of the school, where several private planes and cars were located.

Penny looked over at Emilia. "Can you fly a plane?"

Emilia smirked in response. "Of course."

--

"So, I have good news and bad new," Lance explained as he placed Caitlin down on a big rock gently. Caitlin sent him a look as to tell him to continue.

"Good news is that we're far enough from Zodiac High to be safe from Sullivan," Lance started, sitting down on a rock across from Caitlin. His breathing was heavy after running with Caitlin over his shoulder for a long time. "Bad news is that we're lost."

Caitlin looked around, taking in her surroundings. All she could see was trees all around, no exit out of the seemingly endless forest.

"You went to the school, shouldn't you know your way around the forest?" Lance asked, holding his shoulder and moving it in a circular motion to ease the pain.

"We were never allowed past the gates," Caitlin explained, smiling sheepishly. "Though a few of the boys did sneak out once. They didn't get really far though, and received a whole month of detention and a ton of scolding."

(Guess who lmao)

"After that, no one had the guts to sneak out," Caitlin continued. "I don't really understand why Margaret's so strict about it."

"How long have you and the other Zodiac Signs even been here?" Lance asked, letting go of his shoulder and giving his full attention to the small blonde.

"Margaret found us all when we were thirteen, we've been training ever since," Caitlin explained, before her expression saddened. "Not that it mattered much to me; It's not like I had a family to be taken from..."

Lance decided it was probably better to not ask about it, seeing Caitlin's sad state. The small girl then looked up at Lance, sending him a somewhat sheepish and forced smile.

"We should probably get going, Sullivan wouldn't let us go that easily," Caitlin said, as Lance nodded in response before standing up. Caitlin was about to stand up too, before her eyes widened as she realized something.

"He wouldn't let us go easily at all..." Caitlin pointed out, looking up at Lance. "He must've known about the guard with the keys. He let me escape..." Lance shook his head.

"He wouldn't let you go; he needs you," he explained. "All of this must've been planned... Maybe there's something in the woods Margaret never told you about?"

Caitlin's eyes widened. "That's more of a reason to get the hell out of here." She tried standing up, only to let out a hiss of pain. Lance grabbed a hold of her, scared she would hurt herself, before letting go.

"You really hurt your foot pretty bad, huh?" Lance pointed out, crouching down and gently grabbing Caitlin's injured foot.

"No shit Sherlock," she spat before letting out another pained hiss.

"Can you not heal it yourself?" Lanced asked, looking up at Caitlin, who rolled her eyes.

"If I could, I obviously would've done it by now," she replied.

"Jeez, what's got your panties in a twist?"

Flick.

"Did you just flick my forehead?!" Lance asked, kind of in shock at the fact that that's what Caitlin does when she's upset. She only looked away and puffed her slightly pink cheeks, letting out a "hmph" as Lance rolled his eyes.

Lance gently pulled off Caitlin's red converse and her sock, before grabbing a hold of his shirt. He ripped off a bit of it, wrapping it around Caitlin's foot gently.

"Let's go," Lance said, pulling Caitlin up gently and letting her hold onto him. Even though he seemed more like the tough and emotionless type, he was genuinely quite gentle.

"Do you want to navigate?" Lance asked, looking over at the blonde girl.

"You don't want me navigating, I'll accidentally navigate us off a cliff."

They didn't even make one step before an arrow shot past the two, barely missing Lance's cheek before hitting a tree behind him.

Lance instantly picked Caitlin up, holding onto her bridal-style as he ran as fast as he could through the trees. Caitlin wrapped her arms around Lance's neck, burying her face into his neck and squeezing her eyes shut out of fear.

Lance and Caitlin could hear fast movement around them; whoever they were dealing with was obviously really skilled with moving around the forest quickly and jumping from branch to branch.

Lance neared a hill, before hearing an arrow being shot and feeling a stinging feeling in his foot. The arrow had grazed his leg, causing him to lose balance and fall down the hill, dropping Caitlin in the process.

Caitlin managed to use her magic to create sort of a mattress of water beneath Lance, saving his fall. Caitlin on the other hand, wasn't so lucky and rolled down the hill, sticks and rocks scraping up her face and body.

A tree at the bottom of the hill stopped Caitlin after having her back slammed into it, knocking the breath out of her. She looked up weakly, her eyes half open out of pain. Lance was at the bottom of the hill, blood seeping out of his leg as the water beneath him disappeared.

At the top of the hill, Caitlin could see a pair of brown leather boots. She averted her gaze farther up, seeing a girl's figure, and a bow and arrow in her hands. That was the last thing Caitlin saw before everything turned black.

----

Just a heads up, I enjoy killing off lovable characters and putting everyone's favorite characters through a lot of pain, both physically and mentally :)

Btw, the boys that had sneaked out was Leo, Grayson and Sky, aka the Troublemaker squad of the Zodiacs XD

And Lance and Caitlin's relationship is too adorable--

- Kate ⭐️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.4K 1.5K 65
~•вσσк σиє σf тнє zσ∂ια¢ нιgн ѕєяιєѕ•~ Highest Rankings: Ophiuchus #1 Zodiac #1 Zodiac Signs #14 Astrology #8 Aries #16 Taurus #34 Gemini #3 Cancer #...
75.8K 1.7K 32
"If the world is to burn, I will be the one who sets it on fire." "And if the world doesn't burn?" "Then it shall bow." ------ Two great kin...
3.1K 205 37
"I thought I might pass out again, the only thing that kept me awake was the fact that the Sign on my wrist sizzled like oil on a frying pan. At firs...
14.5K 499 37
Each individual belonged to a Constellation and conducted it. Everyone was marked with the symbol of their Constellation, they were given Signs to re...