Double M is My Man

By EndlessImagination

What's the cherry on top with being in love with your best friend? That he works part-time as Double M: a su... More

~ 2 ~
~ 3 ~
~ 4 ~
~ 5 ~
~ 6 ~
~ 7 ~
~ 8 ~
~ 9 ~
~ 10 ~
~ 11 ~
~ 12 ~
~ 13 ~
~ 14 ~
~ 15 ~
~ 16 ~
~ 17 ~
~ 18 ~
~ 19 ~
~ 20 ~
~ 21 ~
~ 22 ~
~ 23 ~
~ 24 ~
~ 25 I ~
~ 25 II ~
~ 26 ~
~ 27 ~
~ 28 I ~
~ 28 II ~
~ 28 III ~
Epilogue

~ 1 ~

1.8K 39 36
By EndlessImagination

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED! =)

_________________

December 15, 2014

"Good Morning and Welcome to Channel Eight Early News Hour. It has been an incredible weekend as well as a bright new start to the week here in New York where it has finally stopped snowing after four consecutive days. The plows are out twenty-four seven making sure the streets of our magnificent city will be accessible for its citizens by tomorrow. Till then, schools will continue to stay closed. 

As well, tow trucks are having sky high business as hundreds of cars are either stuck in ditches or are broken down due to the winter weather. Thankfully, no one as been hurt."

"Thank you Janet for the run down. In other news, the Super Trio have done it again. Double M, Invisi-Girl, and Fortis have taken down the notorious Zero in Athens recently, right before Zero and his followers nearly destroyed the relics of Ancient Greece including the great Parthenon. The heroes will be attending a medal ceremony of honor from the Greek President tomorrow afternoon in Washington DC-"

I greedily fished a huge scoop of my favourite Fruit Loops cereal as I fidgeted with the remote in my left hand, attempting to change the channel to something more interesting. The news always consisted of the regular information: something occurring in the city that usually had no affect on me or the heroic acts of the Super Trio. Of course they would have done something seeing as the weekend has gone by, giving reporters something to freak about on a cold Monday morning.

Taking a bite out of my spoon, I surpass a moan as I savour the sweet fruity taste.

What? I love my cereal.

I continue to search through the channels until I come across Disney XD. A huge smile forms on my face when I realize that Kick Buttowski is on. I love that little suburban dare devil.

This is awesome. The blizzard has finally stopped thundering on the city and I'm eating my favourite cereal in my super soft sheep pyjamas while enjoying my favourite show. What a perfect way to start a Monday morning. 

"Morning Princess," my papa calls from behind me. He makes his way around the breakfast nook and begins his grand exploration. 

"Morning Pops," I grin as I watch him search through the cupboards, the pantry, the refrigerator, and even the freezer. My grin widens when my dad scratches the top of his head in confusion. "Looking for something?" I ask in satisfaction.

My dad turns around and his eyes widen in shock when he notices that I have what he was looking for the entire time. He kindly reaches forward but I pull away my cereal box from his grab.

Key word there being my cereal box. 

Mine

"Sweetheart, what do you think you're doing?" 

I shrug my shoulders and take another bite of my cereal. "Just protecting what's mine." 

My dad reaches his hand forward with his palm facing up, "last time I checked, that cereal was ours to share."

I flip the box so that my dad can stare at the bottom where my name is written in sliver inked sharpie. I laugh menacingly at my dad's surprised reaction. "Sorry dad, it has my name on it so..."

My dad does not drop his hand, "Zada, there is no dictatorship in this house. What's mine is yours or are you forgetting who's money bought that for you?"

I point my spoon at him, "exactly dad, you bought that for me so it is technically mine!" I laugh and shake the box up in the air, causing my dad's shoulders to fall in defeat. 

Sadly, my victory does not last even five seconds. Just as I was about to wave my cereal box for the third time, the air around me swooshed in a large gust and the next thing I know, my cereal box is not in my hand. 

Instead, it is in the hands, actually, claws of a hawk. The large bird gently flies over to the enemy before morphing into a traitor. My face falls and I glare at the betrayer as he hands my dad the cereal. 

"Why thank you boy!" My dad exclaims in over the top delight before glaring back at me playfully, "see my only child, you need to learn some manners from your dear friend here."

"Manners up my ass," I whisper to myself, sticking out my tongue at my so called dear friend. In return, I get a couple of fruit loops flicked at me. I look at my dad in protest but he pretends not to have witnessed. As much as I want to retaliate, I know it will only get me into trouble so instead, I just turn up the volume and watch enthusiastically at one of Kick's stunts. 

This one involves a super fast cart.

With no wheels.

Classic Kick.

I hear the seat beside me move but I pretend to ignore it and just peacefully eat my cereal while enjoying a great show. After all these years, I should know by now that just ignoring him will not get me anywhere. Out of no where, he begins to poke me. 

At first, it's just the occasional poke but after thirty seconds, the pokes increase to about ten pokes every five seconds. People gotta believe me when I say I really tried. With all my might, I gave it my all into concentrating on Kick and Gunther's crazy mischief.

I barely lasted twenty seconds before I had enough. 

"What does it take a girl around here to enjoy her favourite cereal and t.v show, huh?!" I scream out, knowing it would slightly hurt him. That gives me slight satisfaction.

I see him twitch from the loudness of my voice. "Okay, okay, bring it down a few octaves would you?" He gently asks, sounding close to tears.

"Zada, be mindful of his sensitive hearing!" My dad lectures, automatically going to his need.

I gasp at my dad. Oh my grey grapes! Can't my dad not tell that the idiot is faking it?! "But dad," I try to reason with him, to get him to see my point but I have no such luck. He gives me one look that silences me.

From beside me, I hear a soft, almost not audible, chuckle.

The nerves of that guy.

"Sorry dad," I say, saddened that I'm missing the end of Kick Buttowski's episode. At least it's a good thing the show has two episodes in one. 

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to." My dad answer sternly.

I stare at him in horror. I am so not apologizing to the guy. I should be congratulation him on his brilliant acting because he sure fooled my dad. Too bad I don't have the guts to say that out loud.

With my head hanging low, I incoherently mumble an apology the traitors way.

"Sorry Zada but I didn't catch that." He says, making my dad bark a laugh.

I roll my eyes, take a big spoon of my cereal, shove it in my mouth, and turn to face the guy beside me. "I'm worree," I tell him, making bits of my cereal spit out at him. 

This time, I make my dad laugh even louder then before as the other guy wipes cereal off his face. "That was so not cool."

"So not true," I sing back, "besides, you do that to me all the time." I point out grinning at him.

Big mistake

The moment I turned to grin at him, I came face to face with his warm brown eyes. They stared back at me adorably while he slightly puckered his bottom lip.

Oh no, don't give me that pout. He knows very well that I can't resist that cute pout!

Cuteness overload!

Giving up, I give him the remainder of my cereal, earning a big smile from him in return. "You're the best Z-lee!"

"Sure," I grumble, placing my hand on my chin as I turn my attention back to the television, only to see the stupid commercials.

Great

"Don't be a downer Z-lee, we haven't seen each other for nearly three days!" 

As funny as that may sound, three days has now officially been the longest time for us to be apart. Usually, my childhood best friend and I are inseparable. It's like we've accidentally glued ourselves together with super glue or handcuffed ourselves to one another but worse.

It's like we're kindergartners who have just made their very first friend. We never want to let each other out of our sight.

Except for the fact that we aren't in all the same classes this semester and one other thing that forces us to be apart.

He has to travel the world on more than one occasion to save civilization.

Why?

Because my best friend since diapers is a superhero. Specifically, he is one of the heroes of the Super Trio.

He wasn't always an individual with inhuman super abilities. No, before all this, he was just like me: sarcastic, out going, and a complete geek at heart. He was my twin from another mother, the best of buddies.

Until his eleventh birthday, when the experiments begun.

"Three days? Was it really that long? With all the peace and quiet, I must have not noticed." I reply innocently.

This earns me a playful shove from him. "Yah right! You were probably caught up with you're Avatar the Last Airbender marathon." 

I stare wide eyes before dramatically placing my arm over my forehead. "How could you accuse me of such a thing? I would never betray my old friend by watching twenty five hours of Avatar without him. Who do you think I am?!" 

I hear laughter from both the guys in the room. I completely forgot that my dad is still finishing his breakfast from across the kitchen. I blame my B.F.F.L for that. He always makes it feel like it's just the two of us against the world. 

"Z-lee, I am sorry I have ever doubted you!" He quickly answers before pulling me into one of his warm hugs. 

My face comes into contact with his hard chest and I instinctively snuggle into him as his arms wrap around my waist protectively. I smile in content, loving the feeling. I can never get sick of this.

But even though his hugs are my favourite thing of the day, I need to pull away. I can't stay in his embrace for long otherwise my feelings might become obvious. 

Two seconds pass. I resist the urge to wrap my own arms around his large torso. 

Three seconds now go by. Hmm, is that a new cologne I smell? I wonder what brand? Dolce & Gobanna? Gorgio Armani? Well, whatever the bottle is, it sure smells great.

Four seconds. I should probably pull away.

Five seconds. But I don't want to.

Six seconds. Okay, okay, before he gets weirded out. So as much as I didn't want to, I pull away, making sure to smile up at him in gratitude. Truthfully, on the inside, I am overwhelmed with disappointment. If I could have it my way, I would much rather stayed in his arms for the rest of the day.

If only my dad wasn't in the room and such things as hugging for twenty four hours was considered normal. 

"Right," I state out rather awkwardly, lost for words. Not good Zada, I need to eliminate any evidence that I have feelings other than friendship for my best friend before he starts to ask questions. "What's the plan for today?" I decide to ask him because I have no idea what else to say.

Again, I make the mistake of looking into his eye. This time, I catch the glimpse of what seems to be disappointment in them. As quickly as I saw it, I threw away such thought. There is no way in Candy Land that he would have mutual feelings for me. If so, Santa's North Pole must be currently malfunctioning from intense warm weather which is highly unlikely.

I can't make myself feel better by believing the impossible. It will only hurt me more in the long run.

"Well," my buddy slowly begins, "since I have to miss the morning tomorrow and today there's no school, I was wondering if you'd do the honors with me by accompanying me through a difficult mission."

I arch my eyebrow while curiosity sparks up in my eyes. "What sort of mission exactly?"

I still don't know how he does it but out of thin air, a video game appears in his hand and not just any game. 

Excitement swells in me as I smile at him. "Daylight!"

"Yup," he replies smugly, "it's supposed to be scarier than Outlast!"

I laugh lightly, "then you better put on some diapers before we play because when we played Outlast, you nearly pissed your pants!"

My dad, whom I forgot was present again, joins the laughter with me. Seeing the embarrassment on my friend's face makes me laugh even harder. I have definitely struck a nerve.

"If I recall Z-lee, the one who was scared shitless was you!" 

"Was not!"

"Was so!"

"Was-"

"Enough!" My dad intervenes immediately. "I do not want this to turn into a two hour argument like last time." I hang my head in shame in order to hide my snicker. Of course, how could I forget? Before we began to play Outlast, my best friend and I argued for a really long time regarding who would scream from fright first. Apparently, the apartment blocks below phoned my dad continuously to shut us up.

That was a good time and on top of that, even though my opponent faced real life dangerous threats, he still ended up screaming first.

Thank you PewDiePie for giving me the sneak peeks of the scary scenes. 

"Anyways, I got to get back to work. If I hear any arguing, I'll take the game away from the both of you, understand?" I instantly nod my head.

My dad nods in response but before he goes, he turns his attention to the superhero. "How are you feeling son?" 

"Never been better," is his only reply. It's short and leaves no room for further questioning. My dad smiles lightly and makes his way to his studies.

The moment he is out of sight, I turn my attention back to the wimp. "You are so going to scream first," I whisper.

"Wanna bet? First one to scream has to be the one to make us sundaes."

I grin in response, already knowing the outcome. 

"Game on, Reece."

__________

Hello fellow readers! I hope you liked the first chapter of my new story Double M is My Man! I just want to inform you all that this will be the shortest chapter in this story. I have set a goal to try to have the rest of the chapters over four thousand words because all you kind readers who gave this story a chance deserve long chapters! 

Thanks again for reading and if you like awesome cartoons check out Disney's t.v. show Kick Buttowski. It always puts a smile on my face when I watch it XD Also, check out Mako's song Our Story. This is a great introduction song to my story : )

~Till next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49 0 21
Alex, a gender-fluid high school student, has the ability to physically change from one gender to the other. By day, Alex is a normal high school boy...
54.8K 1.5K 27
Not everything is as it seems. Meet Sam. He's your average, everyday jock. He likes to make crude jokes and be disruptive and loud. He's also a werew...
7.5K 284 22
Highest Ranking- 290 in Action, 547 in Superpowers, 185 in Super These best friends are inseparable, they always work together on their class project...
44K 2.6K 37
Loving someone who doesn't love you back super sucks. What's even suckier? If that someone is a superhero...and your best friend. Noah has known his...