A Story of Love

By maryc2793

This is another story of love which starts from the end; A story that will test love, its limitations and how... More

A Story of Love
Prologue
Chapter 1: Yes
Chapter 2: Diamond
Chapter 3: Dream Family
Chapter 4: Intimate
Chapter 5: Who You Love
Chapter 6: Signs
Chapter 8: Twins
Chapter 9: Psychology
Chapter 10: Company
Chapter 11: Next Level
Chapter 12: First Day
Chapter 13: Troubles Start Now
Chapter 14: Jenna
Chapter 15: Sepanx
Chapter 16: Winner
Chapter 17: Consuming
Chapter 18: Separated
Chapter 19: Reunited
Chapter 20: Busy Days
Chapter 21: Eyes
Chapter 22: Bad Dream
Chapter 23: Break
Chapter 24: Transient
Chapter 25: Crazy
Chapter 26: Away
Chapter 27: Proof
Chapter 28: Hug
Chapter 29: Impossible
Chapter 30: Happy Sunday
Chapter 31: Daddy's Girl
Chapter 32: Nannies
Chapter 33: Together Forever
Chapter 34: Vena Amoris

Chapter 7: Arrangements

797 11 6
By maryc2793

Jeric

Tita Belle looked at Tito Alberto like she’s telling him bad news. And I swear I saw Tito Alberto’s face turned to red then to purple. Tita Belle held his hand and suddenly his face went back to normal.

I also noticed he was clenching his fist.

“She’s positive.” Tita Belle said.

What? Positive to what? Does Anna have some kind of a disease? I pang worry flowed into me and immediately looked at her and held her hand. She went back to sleep while her Mom was running tests with her.

“Jeric.” I froze when I heard Tito Alberto called. Why did I felt scared when he called me.

“P-po?” I turned to him.

“I trusted you. And yet this is how you repay us? We treated you with kindness. We accepted you into the family with open arms and this is what you give to us?” Tito said.

I am officially confused.

“Jeric, Anna’s pregnant.”

What?! Pregnant? A baby inside her? But… but we did it only once. My brain cannot process what Tita Belle said.

“We’re presuming it’s yours since you’re the only guy Anna has been with. If I’m right, she’s 4 weeks on the way.” Tita Belle calmly said.

Four weeks? That was around the time when we’re in Davao. Shit! We did it once!

“Alberto!” I heard Tita Belle shout. When I looked at their direction, Tito Alberto is positioned to grab me.

He didn’t let his wife stop him. He went to me and grabbed the collar of my shirt. “I need to hear it from you. Did you do it? Or not?” His voice and his eyes were so terrifying.

Anna stirred from her sleep and opened her eyes slowly. She looked confused with what’s happening around her.

“Dad?!” She asked and immediately sat up straight from the bed. Her Mom went to her side.

“Jeric did you do it or not?” Tito Alberto asked once more, this time more forceful.

“What did Jeric do Dad? Let him go” Anna said from the side. Her Mom is holding her in place.

Her dad ignored her and tightened the grip on my shirt urging me to answer his question.

I looked at Anna on the bed first who was already crying while holding on to her Mom. Then I turned to her father.

All I was able to do was nod. The next thing I felt was a fist on my jaw. I didn’t mind the pain because I was numb. All I can think is what I did to Anna. That was impulsive and reckless. How could I do this to her?

“Alberto! Hindi yan ang solution sa problema natin.” Tita Belle.

“Dad?! Stop!” I felt Anna beside me. “What’s your problem?” she asked then touched my face where her dad hit me.

“I’m sorry Anna. I didn’t mean this to happen,” I said to her and touched her face.

“What’s not meant to happen Jec?” She asked.

“Honey, come here.” Her Mom said. Anna shook her head and stayed beside me.

“Tell me what’s happening Mom?” Anna demanded.

Tita looked at her husband first but Tito Alberto only looked down and heaved out a heavy sigh. He held his temples and walked back and forth.

“Mom?!” Anna demanded again, more forcefully.

“Honey you’re pregnant.” Tita said in her calmest possible way.

“I’m what?!”

Anna was definitely taken aback with what her mother said. Her hand automatically and protectively laid her hand on her tummy. She slowly turned into me.

I am not sure what I can see in her eyes. Anger? Hate? Fear? Love? Longing? She looked like she’s asking for help. I reached out for her.

She took a step back. Her response definitely threw daggers to my heart.

“I’m sorry baby. I didn’t mean that to happen. I love you. So much. Please don’t be scared of me.” As I said it, I felt the pain of each word.

Her expression changed. She looked scared but not of me, but because of the situation. I outreached my arms again and she threw herself into them. I hugged her tightly.

“Baby, we’ll do this together. I will be here every step of the way. Don’t be scared. I won’t leave. I love you.” I whispered to her ear.  

“What do we do now?” Tito Alberto butted in.

“What do you mean what do we do now? We are going to raise the child. No questions!” Tita Belle retorted.

“I am taking full responsibility of my actions.” I said to my love’s parents. Anna is on my arms.

“You should be.” Tito said.

“Alberto, it’s obvious it’s also a shock to the children. Let it sink in to them first,” Tita Belle said. “Anna, let’s go home first so you could get some rest. You too Jeric.”

“Tita, I’m sorry but I have to disobey you this time. I’m not leaving Anna,” I said with finality.

Tito Alberto was about to give his comment when Tita stopped him. Tito walked out of the room.

“Jeric, I’m sorry for the actions of my husband but please bear in mind that I am very disappointed. Take Anna home,” Tita Belle said and went out of the room.

Anna is sobbing while her face is buried on my chest. I gently pulled her away and wiped the tears on her face.

“I love you. And that is all that matters. We’re in this together.” I said truthfully.

When we arrived at the Lopez’, Anthony was already waiting for us. He also looked furious but he contained it. Anna was holding on to me when we entered the room.

“Take some rest, Anna.” Tito Alberto said with his lawyer-poker face.

I ushered her to her room and put her to be bed.

“Jec, I’m scared. What will happen now?” She said with her tear forming on the sides of her eyes.

“Don’t be baby. I‘m here and I told you I’m not leaving. I guess we have to look at this situation on the brighter side. We’re going to have a baby.” I said and tried to cheer her up.

She smiled. “I guess that’s true. We’re going to have a baby.” She said and rubbed her flat tummy.

“This is supposed to be my dream to have a family, with you, but with all drama. I’m finding it hard to happy. Daddy kasi, OA mka-react.” She said trying to put humor to our situation.

“Maybe this is God’s way of fulfilling your dream. He doesn’t want to give it to you easily so that in the end everything will be perfect.” I said to her and kissed the back of her hand.

“I love you Jeric.” She said sweetly.

 “I love you too Anna” I said and reach for her. I gave her a quick kiss on the lips. “So when do we start planning the wedding?” I asked and smirked.

“I haven’t gotten my romantic proposal yet.” She retorted.

“Romantic proposal for Anna coming up. But you have to rest first because I still have to think on how to do it,” I said to her.

“Fine, I’m still a little sleepy pa rin,” she said and tucked herself in. “Please stay for a bit. Wait till I fall asleep. Pretty please.” She said cutely.

“How can I say no to that?” I said to her. She smiled.

I’m on my way down and I saw the Lopezs except Anna are waiting for me. So I guess this is the part that they’re gonna cut my head off and put in on a silver platter.

I swallowed and continued my own to them.

“Jeric, can we talk?” Tita Belle asked. Why am I thankful that Tita Belle was the first one to talk?

“Of course po, Tita” I’m surprised with my voice it doesn’t sound nervous.

“I’m sorry for the over-reaction earlier Jeric. Though I really think you deserve that” Tita Alberto said. He doesn’t sound as angry as he was earlier.

“I would agree with you on that, Tito. I really deserve that. I was not thinking. I am very sorry for being stupid and reckless. But I am not sorry for loving your daughter so much,” I can’t believe I was able to say that without stuttering. It’s amazing how love can make a person brave.

“As much as we dislike what happened, there’s nothing left we can do. Andiyan na yan eh at apo ko rin naman yan. And we can see how much you love our Anna. Naniniwala kaming hindi mo siya pababayaan.” Tito Alberto said.

Whew! I feel like a huge amount of weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

“I love Anna more than anything else. I promise to take care of her and our child,” I said.

“But there’s one thing that concerns us ijo,” Tita Belle said.

“Ano po Tita?” I asked.

“Jeric, Anna is a teacher and we are concerned of what the parents of the children might say to her because this happened…” Tita Belle tried to verbalize their worry.

I immediately picked up what she was trying to say.

“That po? Actually I’m really planning to ask her soon, of course after I ask for your permission.  I know that within me that Anna is my match and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. It’s just that this happened, so I guess it’s coming soon. And of course, if Anna says yes.” I said to them without stammering.

“Good.” Tito Alberto said. “We’ll let you leave now Jeric. It’s been a shock to you too. Go and get some rest. We’ll talk about our next move next time when we’re all rested.”

 After that talk, the Lopezs let me go.

***

Anna

Everything has been a shock to me. I just can’t believe it. Jeric and I did it once. Just Once.

I don’t understand the universe sometimes. There are married couple who are dying to have children and yet they’re not given. And there are couples, like Jeric and I, who are not planning to have children and yet the universe is giving us one.

It kind of twisted, right?

I’ve been trying to avoid the negative thoughts and all the baggage that comes with our situation for now. I’m only focusing my attention to the good ones.

My parents are, well I can’t say they’re perfectly okay with the situation, but they’re dealing with it just fine. And of course I’m having a baby. Every bad thing about now is neutralized by this thought.

I’m scared but excited at the same time.

The best thing though, is Jeric is there for me. We really are in this together.

But for today, we are telling his family about what happened. It’s been three days since we knew about it. Jeric said we should settle everything with my parents first before we deal with his parents so I won’t be so stressed out.

Mom said I should avoid stress because it’s not good for our baby.

So now that my parents have accepted the situation, it is Jeric’s parents turn. Jeric made some fake accident alibi about the bruise he got when Dad punched him though.

He picked me up this morning and now we’re sitting in one table with his parents and siblings. They had no idea that we are going to break something to them. They just thought we’ll just have lunch like we usually do.

“Mom, Dad, Achi, Shobe and Shoti…” Jeric started.

“Present! What’s with the roll call?” Almira said with her usual high pitched voice.

Jeric became silent.

“Do you have something to say Jeric?” Tito Alvin asked.

I felt Jeric’s hand reached for my hand and squeezed it. He looked at me first and I smiled at him. This is it.

“Ahia! Are you two getting married?!” Jeron excitedly asked.

I turned to the Tengs and they looked happy to the idea that we’re getting married. I can’t help myself to hope that they would react this way after we break the news to them.

“Are you?” Almira asked wide-eyed.

“Well… Anna is… Uhmm…” Jeric stuttered.  “Mom, Dad how would you like becoming my child’s grandparents?” Jeric said without blinking.

I heard Almira gasped from her seat. After that, they were all silent. They just stared at us blankly.

“You’re pregnant?” Achi Alyssa asked me.

I nodded. Silence again. Tito Alvin and Tita Susan were the first ones to move. They looked at each other first and then turned to us.

Tito Alvin gave Jeric a warning look. Jeric busied himself by looking down to his shoes. Tita Susan looked at me with something tender, sympathy maybe?

“Do Alberto and Isabelle know about this?” Tita Susan asked. I nodded. “How did they react?”

“Dad, violently. Mom tried to understand po. They were the first ones to know” I said timidly.

“Jeric do you have something else to say?” Tito Alvin asked with authority.

“I am taking full responsibility of my actions Dad. I love Anna. I won’t leave her side.” Jeric explained.

“Are… Are you planning to get married?” Tita Susan hesitantly asked.

“I want to, Mom,” Jeric turned to me.  “But I haven’t formally asked Anna. Everything has been tossed to us and I’m still a bit disorganized but of course we will marry,” Jeric said.

“That’s good. We have to arrange the nece-“ Tito Alvin started.

“Uhh Tito, can I say something?” I butted in.

“Yes ija, of course.” Tito answered.

“Uhh, with all these jumbled things thrown at me and Jeric. I don’t think I can handle the stress of a wedding especially with my condition. I want to be at my optimum while carrying our child. I don’t want to jeopardize our baby,” I said to them.

I felt Jeric loosen his grip to my hand I turned to him and he looked hurt. “Yo-you don’t want to marry me?” he asked.

I felt a pang of guilt and pain in my heart seeing Jeric’s reaction. “No, no, no. That’s not what I meant. I love you. I want to marry you someday but not now, maybe after our baby comes out. Just not now.” I said and held his face.

His expression didn’t change and he turned away. “Jec…” I called to him.

“Jeric, we have to respect Anna’s decisions.” Tita Susan said.

“Ahia, she didn’t say she’s not marrying you.” Jeron said on the sideline.

“Jec…” I tried to call him again. He turned but his expression is blank.

“Do I have a choice? I guess not.” He said and stared at the food

“Jeric!” Tito Alvin reprimanded him.

“Tito, it’s okay.” I said.

“I’m sorry, babe.” He said to me and smiled half-heartedly. I know he just said that to avoid further discussions from his father.

“Can I lighten the mood? I’m going to be an aunt! I’m super excited.” Almira said to release the tension.

“I must say, I’m shock but I’m also very happy and excited.” Achi Alyssa said.

“Ma, lola ka na!” Jeron teased his Mom.

Trust the Teng siblings to always lighten the mood. After a few more teasing and light comments from the three, the tension was eased. Eventually, they have accepted the situation, even faster than my family did.

After lunch, Jeric and I got the chance to be isolated from the group since they all went to their own businesses.

Jeric stayed in his dark mood since that marriage talk. He was standing by the pool looking at the water aimlessly. I came near him and hugged him from the back.

“Still mad at me?” I asked.

“You still don’t want to marry me,” he answered.

“If it’s a question of want, then I want to marry you. But not now,” I said to him.

“Why not now?” He asked immediately.

“Because I don’t want to stress myself out. Mom said I should avoid stress because it’s not good for the baby,” I tried to explain.

“But how about your job? You parents are concerned that you might lose your job.” He turned to face me.

“I’ve thought about it Jec. And I counted the months, we’re halfway through the school year, and more or less there’s four months left. I asked Mom, my tummy won’t be obvious until the end of the school year, para lang daw akong palaging busog. I’ll just finish the four months then I’m resigning.” I said to him.

“What?! NO! That’s your dream job. You’re not giving it up,” He said and looked at me ridiculously.

“Yes, it’s my dream job but there are things that I need to sacrifice for you and for our baby. I’ve thought about it and it’s final.” I said to him.

“Anna, you don’t have to do this. If you don’t want stress, fine with me. We’ll have a civil wedding. Tayong dalawa lang.” he tried to convince me.

“Almira will cut my head off if we do that,” I said to loosen the mood.

“I’ll cut her head first before she can do that,” Jeric responded to my ridiculous argument.

“Jec, don’t be stubborn. And I don’t want to force you into something you’re not ready to indulge yourself into. Marriage is forever, Jec. Baka sabihin nila pinikot ko ang isang Jeric Teng. Habulin pa ako ng sibat ng mga fangirls mo.” I reasoned out.

“Anna naman. Mukha ba kong hindi ready for a life with you? Are my actions not enough? I want my forever to be with you,” Jeric said.

“Baby, nauubusan na ko ng rason ha. I’ll just bring this baby out and if after that you still want to marry then we’ll get married okay?” I said. Parang awa mo na Jeric. Pumayag ka na.

He paused for a moment and looked me in the eye.

“Hindi mo na ba ko mahal?” Jeric asked and his tears are threatening to fall.

I cupped his face with my two hands and inched my face closer to him. I kissed him passionately.

When I released him, I looked him in the eye. “Does that answer your question?” I asked.

He heaved out a heavy sigh and pulled me into his arms. “I love you too.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note:

Ngayon alam niyo na! Hahahahah Okay ba? I believe this is how a normal family would react to this kind of news. They will get angry at first but eventually, they’ll accept it. After all, it’s they’re family.

Anna’s pregnant! What would be there next move? Jeric wants to get married but Anna doesn’t. What other conflicts will they encounter along this journey?

And pa-share na rin, Happy Graduation to me! Today's my graduation day. Lakas ko maka-share no. hehehe. Eto na lang ang pa-graduation gift ko for you! :D

Let me know what you think. Please do share your ideas and suggestions.

Comment and vote XOXO

Continue Reading