Limerence | A James & Lily S...

By episkeyyy

I take her head in my hands, and do what I've been wanting to do for as long as I can remember- I press my li... More

Trailer
Back Again
Snuffed
Possibilities
Confessions
Anything
No Denying it
Swimming in Scarlet
Soulmates
Jealousy
Toxic
Waking Up
Maraudering
Falling
Happy
It's Evans
Crashing
Inevitable
Pain
Important Things
Daze
Scream
Blurs
Maps and Mirrors
Memories
Surprise
Deja Vu
Shatter
Forgiven
Secrets
Ready or Not
Epilogue
Author's Note

Horrible

4.2K 117 34
By episkeyyy

     I dredge slowly up the stairs, the affects of the butter beer still swimming in my blood. Something horrible is stirring in my abdomen, and no it isn't vomit. The look on McGonagall's face has left a bleak feeling in the air. 

    Before I can try and think it over, my thoughts are interrupted. "I'm gonna murder you, Sirius Black! I know more spells than you!"

     Sirius Black in questions is using Peter as a human shield, digging his fingers into Pete's shoulders directing him in any way he needs. Remus has his wand pointed at Sirius, bloodlust alight in his eyes. 

     "I don't see what the big deal is, Moons!" Sirius shouted back, briefly peeking over Pete's shoulder before ducking back down. 

      "You...don't...see...what the big deal is!" Remus explodes, a muscle jumping in his jaw. 

      "Woah, woah, woah!" I step in between the blokes throwing my arms between them. "What the fuck is happening?"

      "Ask him," Remus jabs his wand in Sirius' direction dangerously.

      "Honestly, Prongs," Sirius says stepping around Peter. "Moony, here is overacting."

     "I'm what?" Remus demands rushing forward. I put my hands against his chest and push back.

       "Will everybody calm down for two seconds and explain what the bloody hell is going on!" I shout, pinning Remus against a wall and peeking over my shoulder to look at Sirius. "Wormtail?"

      Peter takes a deep breath. "Well, you know Moony's furry little problem?"

      "The werewolf thing, I think I know a thing or two about it."

      "No, the bunny thing," Peter retorts.

      I laugh. "Oh yeah, his badly behaved bunny."

      Remus practically growls. "Stay," I say before letting him relax, folding my arms over my chest. "Go on, Wormtail."

      "Well, you know the girl Remus likes?"

      "Maggie Hern, of course."

      "Well," Petter says making a face at Sirius. "Pads, may have informed Maggie of Cottontail."

      "Cottontail?"

     "Apparently, my poorly behaved rabbit now has a name," Remus adds bitterly.

     "Okay," I answer confused. "Not seeing the big deal."

     "Um," Pete continues. "Sirius may have also informed Maggie that Remus here snuggles with Cottontail in his sleep and dresses her up in little bonnets and dresses."

     A laugh escapes my lips before I can stop it. "See?" Sirius yells exasperated. "It's funny!"

     "No, it is not!" Remus shoves off from the wall and leaps for Sirius. The two fall to the ground, Remus with his wand pointed at Sirius' throat. 

      "Merlin!" Pete shouts. 

      Peter and I rush forward to pull the two idiots away from each other. "Everyone calm down!" I shout. 

      "Sirius," I continue. "You're gonna talk to Maggie and tell her you were only joking! Remus, you are going to stop trying to murder your best friend! Now, everybody go to fucking bed!"

     My three best mates stare at me silently for a moment. "I'm going to tell Lily you're being mean," Sirius taunts. "Since she's throwing punches today."

     I snort. "She won't punch me."

     "She already has mate," Remus interjects. "We are including you're entire Hogwarts career."

     "Wait," Pete throws his hands out. "Lily punched someone today? Who?"

      Sirius laughs. "She punched Snivellus. Little prick had it coming."

      "Apparently, he is officially a Death Eater and what not," I add. "He was there that night of the Christmas party."

     Peter stares at me, mouth agape. "It was a beautiful thrown punch," Remus comments.

     "Wormtail, close you're mouth," Sirius comments. "You're going to catch flies."

     "Stop being mean," I say. "Go to bed."

     "Whatever you say, mummy Potter," Sirius says before strutting towards his bed. 

     I roll my eyes and head towards my own bed, pulling the curtains around it. I switch into a pair of blue pajama pants and take off my shirt before crawling under the covers. With the silence now filling the room, my mind can't help but play the scene on repeat.

     Lily and I left the kitchens content and happy after downing several jugs of butter beer and swapping stories and laughs. It was the perfect end to her birthday, until we walk through the portrait hole to find Professor McGonagall waiting for us one of couches. Her cheeks are not flushed in anger, her mouth is not formed into a tight line, but there are tears shining in her eyes.   I know the signs of an angry McGonagall better than anyone; this isn't it. Something is wrong.

     I remember the cloak suddenly and pull it from around our shoulders, stuffing it quickly into the back of my pants.  

     "Professor?" I ask hesitantly. "Is everything alright?" 

      She jumps at our appearance. "Miss Evans, I need you to come with me." She stands without emotion and begins to walk away from us.

     "Why?" Lily asks, her voice slightly shaky. I squeeze her hand.

     "Professor Dumbledore will explain," she says without looking at Lily. "Mr. Potter, I suggest you get to bed now."

     Lily drops my hand, and I can see it in her green eyes- she knows something is wrong as well. I back away from Lily reluctantly. "Goodnight, Professor. See you in the morning, Lils. Happy birthday."

     "It's you birthday?" Professor McGonagall demands looking at Lily.

      Lily nods, and I watch them walk out the portrait hole. I'm tempted to put the cloak back on and follow them, but I know Lily will tell me when she deems it fit. I turn on my heal and walk away from the common room.

     The scene plays in my mind as I analyze it over and over until I finally drift off. A rough shake shudders through my body. I startle awake to see red hair hovering above me. I fumble for my glasses, as she lowers herself to the ground. I carefully sit on the stone floor, and I finally see her face- red nose, tears streaming from her eyes, and nothing but pain in her features.

     She buries her face in my shoulder. "Lily, what's wrong?" I demand.

     Something was wrong; something was horribly, horribly wrong. Lily lets out a sob, and my heart shatters. I run my hand over the side of her arms and try to make soothing sounds, anything to calm her down. She clamps a hand over her mouth, only slightly muffling the sounds that are becoming more erratic. Her breathing becomes uneven and sounds as if she is panicking. I tighten my grip on her, beginning to panic myself.

      "What's going on?" Remus forces through a yawn.

      "Is someone else in here?" Pete asks sleepily.

       "Red, some of us are trying to sl-" Sirius cuts off when he sees me on the floor. He quickly jumps out of bed and sits across from us. "What's happened?"

      I rub her back and say, "I don't know. She can't calm down enough to tell me."

     "Lily, look at me. Look at me," Sirius says.

      She raises her head. "Deep breaths, Lily. What happened?"

      She does as Sirius says and takes a deep breath, inhaling slowly.  "My parents!" She finally forces out. "He killed th-them! V-V-V-olde-mort! They're de-de-dead!" 

      She begins to sob again, and I freeze. The world becomes slightly off kilter, and everything slows. I want to freak out for a moment, because how the fuck is this happening. But, I get a grip on myself because Lily needs me right not.

     I tighten my grip before lifting Lily into my lap. She tucks her head under my chin, and I slowly rock back and forth trying to rub soothing circles on her back. Sirius stares at me with wide eyes as if he is processing everything.

     "You lads go back to sleep," I say over Lily's head. "I got her."

      "You sure?" Remus demands.

      "Yeah," I say sadly. "Nothing much we can do right now, and I don't expect this to end anytime soon."

      "Wake us up if you need anything, and I mean anything," Sirius emphasizes.

       I watch my three best mates reluctantly crawl back into their beds with empty looks in their eyes. Lily continues to sob as I lift her from the ground and gently lay her in my bed. I cast a silencing charm before pulling the curtains shut for the second time tonight.

      I crawl into the bed next to her, and she rolls over to bury her face in my chest. I wrap my arms around her tightly, wanting to protect her from the evil that has already seeped into her life. Each sob that escapes her lips sends pain shooting through my chest. 

      Tears begin to spill from my own eyes as well. I do not know the exact reason I am crying; there are several reasons I guess. I'm crying because seeing Lily like this is killing me, and even worse, there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop it. I am useless. I'm crying because Mr. and Mrs. Evans died too young and left behind two orphaned daughters. Losing one parent is bad enough; losing both at the same time is unbearable.

     My mind goes back to this morning. Lily being kidnapped by Marlene seems like a thousand years ago. How did this become the day that Lily's parents died? How did we go from this morning to now? How did we get here?

     Lily continues to cry, and all I can do is tell her I love her. I don't say everything will be okay. I don't tell her it will get better. The truth is, I don't know where she'll go from here. I don't know how someone makes it through this, but if anyone is strong enough, it's Lily.

A/N*

Hello my beautiful readers! Aren't I updating fast? Be proud of me! haha 

Hope you liked it. Sorry it's on the short side. Keep reading and voting and commenting

love you guys!! Also, still need song recommendations!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 119K 104
{𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟮} It all started with a kiss. Or better say, everything ended with a kiss. What Jenna Potter thought was going to lead her to a beautif...
138K 5.6K 74
"You kissed Sirius," I sob. "I know, Cordelia." He whispers. "It's so horrible." "Yes, it is. I wish you hadn't had to see that," I rest my head agai...
71K 1.4K 22
So I recently started to read soulmate era stories and that lead to poly stories somehow. I really like them and apparently lots of other people do t...
23.8K 579 13
"I don't know what you're all upset about Lily," Marlene said carefully, "This whole dance was your idea. You did know that dances require dates, rig...