The Devil's Daughter

By Werepanther

Angelica Shanley is beautiful. She is so beautiful that she can't stare at her own reflection for too long be... More

Author's Note
Prologue
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~
~31~
~32~
~33~
~34~
It's a Blaz piece
Ask the Characters
~35~
~36~
~37~
~38~
~39~
~40~
~41~
~42~
~43~
~44~
~45~
~46~
~47~
~48~
BOOK 2: The Kingdom of Nightmares
Hi. 01/05/2019

~19~

1.4K 86 5
By Werepanther

🎼I rushed inside following on behind Nicole. Where have I seen that necklace? I can feel my heart drumming loudly in my ears.

"Angelica?" Ranger whispered loudly to me but I shushed him.

"Nice work mole by wearing that skirt you've ruined every boy in this room's imagination." I called and she turned fully around but still was walking backwards. I got a good look at that necklace as it glistened under the sunlight. I know that necklace.

"Granny jealous?" She asked mockingly.

"No Granny waiting for a grandchild to fall out of there."

"You calling me fat bitch?"

"No I just called you a slut."

"Alright girls just go to your benches." I teacher ordered as she walked in and Nicole walked to the back bench with Erica. I would think poor Erica but that necklace is bothering me so much it is frustrating. I feel like I'm missing something.

"Angelica you shouldn't be wasting your time with dumb people like that." Ranger said as he led me to bench more close to the teacher's bench.

"You bother with Blaz." I said unable to gaze away from the necklace even though my body is facing away from it.

"Touche." He said.

"Actually to be technical he is a little smart so that comeback doesn't work." I said and he scoffed. "Even you can't deny he has some smarts."

"Oh I can. What did he do to you last night mess with your brain?"

"OK seriously what are you talking about?" I questioned getting annoyed at him.

"This morning, I saw you outside alone in the streets. We sat together then Blaz... You don't remember?" He questioned then paused his face changing from confusion to realization. "You don't remember." He said this time. Not question. And I gazed at him confused. "Angelica..." He cupped my face in his hands and I felt self conscious of the people who may be looking. Especially Erica.

"Ranger..." I was about to tell him to get his hands off me but his eyes analyzed my eyes. And I felt like I couldn't move from his gaze. I didn't really want to move.

"He wiped your memory of this morning." Ranger whispered to me then let go because a teacher told him to and I felt the world slow down. I feel like the brain cells are now swirling around my brain. Searching for some blockage. I can feel it now, something is missing. I looked over my shoulder at the necklace and my body started shaking as that bloodied face came into view. My hands gripped the bright golden bench and my knuckles started turning white. I heard the teacher talking but I wasn't listening. I just tied my snow hair back into a ponytail. Opened up my book to the page and Ranger as my now cooking partner started getting everything ready. But my face must be worrying him. I don't know how I look but obviously it's odd for me because he place his cold hand over mine. Compared to Blaz' his burns with fire. And then that memory came back to me. Blaz has fire powers.

"Angelica?" I stopped thinking and gazed up at Ranger. Who stared me down concerned. "I know you probably..."

"I believe you, it makes sense." I breathed then moved my hand under his so it was holding hos tightly. What memories did he steal from me? That insensitive prick.

"Miss Shanley please get back to cooking."

"Yes Miss." I said and then actually read what we were making. Chocolate cake.

Usually I would with joy but my brain is buzzing. Subconsciously I was working with Ranger getting the flour ready and the sugar and blah blah. Even when I felt Ranger's hand on my hip as he reached for something beside me didn't make me stir.

"I don't know how to get your memory back but I can help you." He whispered in my ear and I just turned my head to look over my shoulder and his to stare at the necklace. Ranger looked to see what interested me then said. "Erica?"

"No the necklace."

"I remember seeing you hide that in your pocket." I froze when he said that and everything came back to me.

"That fucking asshole." I growled now ready for blood. He stole my necklace and gave it to my worst nemesis as a gift. And not only did he fucking steal that he stole my memory of it. I stormed over knocking someones finished cake over onto the ground and stopped right in front of Nicole.

"What do you.." Before she finished talking I ripped the necklace off her. In my hand the stone on it turned from clear glass to a dark amethyst. As if I am the rightful owner of it and I revived it's power. "That's mine!"

"Blaz stole it from me!" I shouted furiously and Erica stood there with her mouth hanging open. I turned around and Ranger was there but I sidestepped around him and ran out of the room.

"Angelica!" I heard someone call out but I can't tell who. I've never been so angry, a sudden darkness consumes me and it just makes me want to beat Blaz to death. "I hate you." I whispered to myself. "I loathe you." Blaz has maths now. I know that because Henry went off about him disturbing class with a fire in the teacher's desk draw. Henry is going to see me beat the hell out of Blaz.

I kicked the door open and with my fist clenched I charged at Blaz screaming "YOU ASSHOLE!" Then slammed that fist into his face so he fall back in off his seat and then everyone went silent. Except for the recognizable laugh from Ranger behind me.

~🎶~

I sat there across from Blaz in the hallway as we waited for the principal to finsh talking to my parents. I glared at him the while and he sat staring at me annoyed.

"Why do you keep on punching me?" He asked.

"Why do you continue to make my life a living hell?" I growled back gripping tight onto the metal heart in my clammy hand. "You wiped my memory!" I whispered hastily at him. And he sighed.

"I didn't that was Mr Riley." He pointed out but I don't for technicalities. He has still dome wrong. I don't regret that punch.

"But you stole my necklace. Something that you know is extremely important to me and then you just carelessly gave it away to Nicole. The person I hate so much even more than you!"

"I'm trying to protect you from something way bigger than you." He said almost seriously and I rolled my eyes.

"I know a lot more than you think Blaz." I snapped then crossed my legs and gazed down the empty hallway.

"How did you even find out anyway?"

"Seeing the necklace sparked something. Then Ranger helped me along the way."

"Fucking moron."

"You and Mr Riley have no right. I don't care what you both are. Never do that to me again Blaz, I have something to figure out and you of all people are not going to stop me." I gazed down at the heart and pressed down on the amethyst so it opened up. I stared at the pictures of Dara and William. "If I get into trouble that's my business." I said then gazed up at him. "You don't need to save me." His brown eyes were hard and glassy and I caught his hands clenching.

"Nice moustache..." He said out of the blue and that reminded me of Henry.

"Wait were you the one that wrote all over Henry's face?" I questioned and he smirked. "Damn it. I thought it was the twins. I probably should not have scribbled on their Versace." I smiled at myself because I don't regret doing that either. "Wait if you drew on Henry. I told you never to enter my room."

"I had to bring you home. I was tempted but I didn't really want to leave you at the front door."

"Aw... now you're confusing me. First you make my life hell but then you care if I catch a cold from sleeping outside." I sighed mockingly. "Love me or love me not?" I said and he jumped.

"Love?" he said almost disgusted

"Oh relax Blaz." Wow he's really that repulsed by me. Feelings are neutral... I remembered him saying that I told him I hated him. "Where are your parents anyway?"

"Shut up." He said carelessly and I rolled my eyes.

Then my back acted up and I squirmed in my seat.

"Princess? It's happening again?"

"Why do you call me princess? I'm rich not a ruler, ow." I whimpered and he suddenly stood up. "Don't you come near me Blaz?"

"Don't Blaz." Someone said and Erica appeared at my side her hand on my back.

"Erica?" I said surprised and Blaz still came over and sat on my other side.

"Angelica I'm just going to slip hand under your top to feel your back." Erica said to me and I perked a brow.

"I'd rather you didn't."

"I'll do it then." Blaz said and before I could protest his hand was up my top. And I jolted up and glared at him wide eyed.

"Get your hand out of there." I ordered and he grinned.

"No bra today princess?" I sat there mortified and blushing like crazy.

"I will punch you agai..." Suddenly Erica punched square in the face and he and his seat toppled sideways. I whipped my head at Erica and she had a small smile playing on her pretty lips then she whispered to me. "Until you and I know everything he can remain clueless. But we have to be careful because he's persistent." My mouth dangled open usure of what to say then my parents walked out of the office and eyed at Blaz sprawled on the floor.

"Angelica!" My mother shouted shocked and my father stared down at him curiously.

"That was me actually. He's a pretty shitty brother." Erica said and my mother just stood dumbfounded.

"We're going home Angelica." She snapped and my body shook unwillingly as the pain just hit me then disappeared. Ow!

~🎶~

"Honestly why on Earth did you do it?"

"Mum please not now."

"Angelica you assaulted another student."

"It's not like he's innocent either."

"Still you can't resolve things with violence. The principal calls this a strike two after the food fight incident."

"Mum that wasn't me who started it."

"But you encouraged it. Did I not raise you up better? This all ends up as a reflection on me. I want you to have a good life, and so I want no more phone calls from the school is that clear?"

"I'm sorry mum. I just got so angry."

"Over what?" She questioned and I stared down at my feet. I heard her sigh in exhaustion so I just gazed out the window. "If he's that much trouble Angelica. Stay away from him."

"I'll try but I have an assignment to do with him."

"Well then you're going to have to work out your differences. I'll you what... We can invite him over and..."

"Noway mum Na Uh."

"Angelica."
"No please."

"I'm going to. In fact as soon as we get home I'll call the school to let him know he's invited unless you have his number."

"I have his sister's..." I admitted and groaned.

"Good."

We got home and I rushed straight upstairs to my room slammed the door shut and pulled off my shirt to see if any feathers grew out. Nothing... I pulled it back on and stared at the pictures of Dara and Will.

Why does she look so much like me?

Is it possible that I'm the missing child? I shivered even though it's not even cold. It makes sense but it doesn't. For them to be angels I would have to be one, and for me to be their daughter. My parents wouldn't really be my parents. I sank down onto the floor and leaned against my bed.

"I am..." I don't want to say it. There has to be some other explanation there just has to be. These are the people I've been living with all my life. I can't just suddenly believe that I am an angel. What kind would I be? Dark or Light? I receive both the genes from Will and Dara. A Dark and Light Angel so I am half and half. Well I would be if it were true. If it were true. My hands are shaking and I feel like in someway I have been betrayed.

"Jelly?"

"No." I went over to the door and sat in front of it. "Not now Micheal." He's not even my real family. I have no family, my parents don't even look anything like me so I should have guest a long time ago.

"Jelly open up!" He demanded banging his little fist on the door. And I covered my ears.

"Micheal please I'll play with you later."

"Jelly!"

"No!"

"Fine then!" He shouted and stomped away and guilt weighed me down. But I can't deal with children joy right now when I just want to curl up into a ball and rest. Maybe I should have listened to Blaz and kept out of this. But that would mean Blaz was right and the world can't have that. I sat there for what seemed like hours and when I checked the clock fifteen minutes had passed and then I just started crying. I don't know the main reason whether it's that I might be adopted, that my real parents may be dead or may not even think of me, the fact that I dissed Micheal or the frustration of everything else. My feelings for Henry, my hate for Blaz, my confusion of Erica and the feeling I get when Ranger is near. So many thoughts fly around me and I just need someone to pull me down and put everything it's in place so I can be calm. Analyze everything and stay perfectly sane. Everything is a mess! And I'm scared to think of what is the truth. Either I'm an angel of darkness and light or I'm the daughter of two parents who have lost at the game of love. I want Henry with me now to just comfort even though he knows nothing about the reason for my tears. I don't know who to tell and if it's safe for people to know.

I just need something to tie me down from flying away into madness.

4:48pm

I woke up when something the back of my head.

"Ow!" I exclaimed and pushed myself away from the door. I can't believe I fell asleep on the floor.

"Hey rich girl." Erica's head came into view and she stared at me curiously. "Why are you on the floor?

"Why are you in my house?"

"Blaz said he was invited so I came along with him."

"He's here?"

"Down stairs. He's entertaining your mum so I snuck up to see you." She knelt down in front of me and tucked my hair behind my ear. "Your eyes are puffy."

"I've just been crying."

"Why?"

"Ran out of chocolate." I said and she didn't't seem fooled but she chuckled amused.

"What is this all about? Why does Blaz constantly chase you around?"

"I don't know what you mean by the chasing. But I think he knows that I know."

"Bit more specific Angie."

"I know about the angels. I know what you are I know what Blaz and I know what Ranger is." As soon as I said it her eyes widened and her mouth fell open. But that I've started I can't stop everything just started spewing out. "I've known since I was five when I first met Blaz and stuff has happened to me since then. And there's now a possibility that I could be one, and that William and Dara the forbidden lovers are my parents and..." She covered my mouth with her gloved hand and shushed me.

"Do not tell Blaz." She said then quickly added. "Or Ranger. Jesus Christ don't tell anybody any of this." I slapped her hand away and stared at her worried.

"Ok but I can't just go on knowing this and people not explaining me why it's all happening."

"I will help you." She said. "But not here not now."

"Oi what are you girls talking about?"

"Blaz don't you dare enter my room!" I shouted and he walked in with a big grin.

"Oops." He mocked and I rolled my eyes. Getting up off the floor and placing the necklace onto my nightstand.

"Take it and I'll hunt you down." I warned him pushed the both of them out of my room. "Why are you both here again?"

"Your mother invited me to make amends."

"Yeah well I guess we might as well pretend we have and now you may go." I said directed him and her down the stairs.

"Now hang on I'm here might as well finish our project." I stared at him incredulously. Seriously? Why me? Why now? And since when does he care for assignments? Why should he care he has the power to do whatever his twisted heart desires?

"I'm honestly not in the mood now."

"Angelica!!!" My mother screamed and we all rushed down stairs.

"Mum what's wrong!?" I asked as we reached her in the kitchen.

"Micheal is missing!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 329 60
Join Eve on a thrilling journey into the mystical world of angels, demons, and fallen angels. As she starts college, little does she know that her li...
1.7K 72 31
Angels and demons exist. Lucifer is still a good guy. And the lines between good and evil are not meant to cross. She's different. The color of her w...
ERROR By khxlix_03

Teen Fiction

1.3M 31.1K 50
Angel Rodriguez is the daughter of a very powerfull man named Robert Rodriguez. She has everything any girl ever wanted. But she also has a secret n...
13K 673 32
Since Analiese's mother died she's been tossed around like baggage, wondering why her life has to be this way. The day she was pulled away from her m...