Chocolate City

By Narrative_Melanin

Twenty-four year old Khyree Williams finds himself in a situation. With child support and rent to pay, desper... More

Chapter 1: Khyree
Chapter 2: Adrienne
Chapter 3: Pony
Chapter 4: The Morning
Chapter 5: Baby Boy
Chapter 6: Moves
Chapter 7: Sellin' Dope
Chapter 8: Blowing Smoke
Chapter 10: Wild Thoughts
Chapter 11: Teenage Fever
Chapter 12: Swishers
Chapter 13: Bug
Chapter 14: Owe You One
Chapter 15: Xposed
Chapter 16: Official
Chapter 17: Ultimatum
Chapter 18: Irene
Chapter 19: The Motions
Chapter 20: Chef Adrienne
Chapter 21: Love
Chapter 22: I'm Posotive
Chapter 23: Magnums & Deceit

Chapter 9: Red Camaro

789 57 60
By Narrative_Melanin

Khyree

"Get yo ass up!"

I felt a smack to the side of my head and groaned, "Chill."

"Khyree I am not one of your lil' niggas, get your ass up. It's four in the afternoon." My momma said, all in my ear.

"Momma I'm sleep, damn." I turned the other way.

"You're not sleep, you hung over. You know what? Get the hell out my house boy." She snapped.

"Man, what?" I squinted my eyes up at her.

"I said get out my house. You better be gone by the time I come back from the store." She slammed my bedroom door behind her.

I sucked my teeth and sat up. I loved my momma, but I couldn't stand her ass half the time. Her ass stayed kicking me out every other week. I really needed my own crib. A few more nights at the club, and I could make it happen.

I threw on a white hoodie, sweatpants, and black and white retros. It was a lil' chilly as I stepped outside and I lit a blunt, strolling over to my car.

Before I could unlock the door, Pharaoh and his crew rounded the corner. I exhaled my smoke as they came up the sidewalk towards me. Pharaoh sized me up.

"Yo Ree, my sources say you on the pole now. That how you copped that whip?" He laughed, and so did the rest of his goons.

"Fuck outta here with all that man. You soundin' real sus right now."

"So you denying facts?"

"Nah. You should be more worried about whose dick your sister suckin' today."

That got him hot and he pulled up his shirt to reveal a gun, "I swear if you wasn't the father of my niece, I woulda been bodied yo bum ass man."

"You gone do it with that water gun homie?" I chuckled. "Don't show out now, come get another ass whoopin'."

"Let's go man, we got another drop." One of the two niggas behind him spoke.

He mugged me, "Next time I see you, it's on sight."

"Mhm."

I opened my car door while they continued the way they were going. "Man, I got something for that nigga..." I heard him mumble.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I stopped in front of Buy the Way, cutting the engine. Adrienne been ignoring my calls for a week now, and I was too impatient to keep blingin' up her boujee ass phone.

I made sure I was straight before heading inside. There was a lady in one of the aisles and I asked her if Adrienne was working today.

"She's done in like ten." She popped her gum and looked me up and down, "Are you her man?"

"Yeah." I sized her up before going to find her.

I found her by the candles, smelling them. "It don't look like you working."

She jumped and turned around real quick, dropping one. "Fuck, look at what you made me do stupid!"

"If you was doing your job, you wouldn't of dropped shit."

She went to grab a broom, "What do you want?" She snapped. I bent down to help her clean up.

"First off, take the damn base out your voice. Secondly, you not answering my calls."

"For good reason, dickhead."

"Fuck around, I'll get your ass fired." I warned. She went to dump the glass shards.

"I'm clocking out, leave me alone."

"Let's go get something to eat." I replied.

She balled her fist, "What the fuck is wrong with you? I don't like you Khyree, I never will. You really starting to fucking push it."

"So you don't like me, but you gone stick yo tongue down my throat?" I tried not to laugh as her cheeks got red.

"I didn't-" she took a deep breath, "Why won't you leave me alone? Is one piece of ass really that important to you?" She spat.

"That, and I just like annoying you."

"Bye." She turned to go but I grabbed her arm.

"No for real, I'm ready to be on my grown man shit. I ain't gone try nothin' funny, let's go get something to eat lil' baby." I flashed my grill at her and she looked down, her brown skin turning red.

"Whatever, I'm clocking out."

I cheesed, "Imma be in the car." I waited for her outside, scrolling through my phone. When she came out, she spotted my car and headed over.

"So you really bought this?"

"Shit, why not?"

"Damn, I might start popping it on the pole if it's paying you that good." She applied more gloss to them lips and tied her hair up.

"Wit' yo old bourgeois ass? Highly unlikely. Now what you tryna eat?"

She popped her lips, "I don't know."

I smacked my teeth, "Please don't start with all that female shit, at least give me a hint."

"I don't care, Khyree." She said with attitude.

"Now see, you need to lose that damn attitude. That shit not cute anymore, it's dead.

"I don't have an attitude, you're aggravating the shit out of me."

"By asking a simple question?"

"Mexican, any Mexican joint." She waved me off and I resisted the urge to kick her ass out my whip.

She really needed that attitude fucked out of her.

I pulled up to a taco point a few blocks away and got us both Carne Asadas and root beer. I ordered fries for myself and we parked in the parking lot.

"Can I ask you something?" She had a mouth full of her Carne Asada and I realized lil' baby could really eat, considering how thin she was.

"What?"

"Why are you stripping? I mean I never asked, just judged." I noticed her eyeing my fries and held them out.

"Quick money. Shits tough out here and my ass can't barely hold a minimum wage job. I just want to be able to take care of my baby girl, make sure she don't want for anything like I did growing up."

I cut my eyes at her and she was frowning. "What's the issue now?"

"Nothing it's just...I'm a bitch. I'm sorry."

"Yeah, you are." I stroked my chin.

She punched me in the arm but when I looked at her face she was cheesing. I grinned back at her goof ass, "You planned on eatin' all my fries?"

"If that's cool."

"Where a girl like you come from?"

"A girl like me?"

"Yeah. You act all uppity and shit, but your lifestyle don't match." I said. "Unless I'm missing something."

"First of all, stop calling me stuck up. Secondly, I grew up in Berkeley, so excuse me if I sound a little "uppity".

"Shit, Berkeley? Mom and pops got money." My brain started putting shit together.

"Yeah, that's what happen when you own a law firm."

"So, then what's the problem? Your ass damn there livin' in the slums of ATL." I hope they ain't cut her out the will.

"I don't want their money. I want to get where I need to be on my own." She seemed irritated, so I quickly fell back. Suppose there was a scenario where Adrienne did need that money. Something fucked up happened, and she needed that extra cash flow.

My phone went off. "Fuck, I gotta go pick up Sasha. I can go drop-"

"No, I'd love to see her." She said.

I cocked my brow, "She's at my baby moms."

"I'll stay in the car."

I smacked my teeth with a shrug. "Don't say I didn't warn yo ass."

We pulled up and I left the engine running while I ran inside to get my baby. Rhonda mugged me as soon as I walked in.

"Your bum ass was supposed to come get her an hour ago."

"Can you stop running that mouth for one second, a nigga got tied up."

"I bet. Bet you get tied up in some stupid fuckin' hoe! I swear, you stay running around chasing after these bitches, but when it comes to Sasha, you no where to be found."

"And you stay on a niggas nuts! I know you be having a bunch of these gang bangin' niggas around my daughter and I'm telling you the moment I catch that shit, is the moment I file for full custody!"

Rhonda shoved me and I grabbed her wrist, "I fucking dare you Khyree! I will take Sasha and leave, you won't ever see her again. I'll leave the fucking country if I have to!"

"I swear to god bitch-"

I was so busy get into shit with Rhonda that I just now noticed Sasha in the corner-and she was crying. I let go of her wrist and Rhonda backed up.

"Sash, baby come here." I held my arms out. "Everything's good baby girl, come with daddy."

Sasha came towards me and I smiled. Instead of walking into my arms, she shoved them away.

"Sash-"

"I hate you!" She ran out of the house.

I ran my hands through my hair, "Fuck! Sash-"

"This what happens when you don't love your kids-"

"Shut the fuck up bitch!" I snapped. "I won't put my hands on a woman, but you not no fucking woman! You just a dumb bitch!"

"Watch me get full custody of her Khyree!"

I bust out laughing, "Good luck hoe! And while you at it, tell yo bitch made brother to stop testing me unless he wants problems." I slammed the door behind me before her annoying ass could provoke me even more. I couldn't stand that whole family. I could bet any amount of money that her ass was up here manipulating my daughter into believing I didn't love her. That's what I get for associating with such a problematic ass female.

When I got back to the car, Sasha was surprisingly in Adrienne's arms in the backseat. Sasha was sleeping, and I slid into the front seat.

"Sorry baby girl." I addressed Adrienne.

"It's cool. I rather this than for her to be off somewhere else."

I just nodded and got us back to the house. I cut the engine. "Are you ok?" Adrienne said after a minute.

"Naw. My baby girl said she hate me." I shook my head.

"You know she doesn't."

"That don't make the shit hurt any less though. I know I wasn't there for her first couple months on this earth, but I'm trying to make up for that now."

"Khyree, don't let the past make you feel guilty. All you can do now is love her and raise her the way she needs to be raised, cause she really looks up to you."

I didn't say anything and she sighed, "She's cute, but she's heavy."

"Shit, my bad."

I helped her out the car, thankful momma wasn't home yet. Adrienne carried her inside and laid her in my bed.

"You gotta leave now? Cause there's nobody here to watch Sasha so I can't take you home." I said.

"I can stay." She grinned and licked her lips.

As you can see, Bryson is all up in the MM. He's sort of who I pictured as Khyree, but this doesn't mean he can't be whoever you personally pictured in your mind. Bryson's fine ass is just who I think of when it comes to this particular character.

Anyway, do you think Rhonda or Khyree is right when it comes to how they handle they're parenting situation? Thank you so much for reading loves 💕.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 8K 43
Bringing men to their knees, begging for just a touch from the tip of her fingers is what 𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘭 does the best. Her long hai...
1.7K 52 11
A 19 year old single mother stripping for a living falls in love with Atlanta's most dangerous man and most well known drunk dealer. With the stress...
1.8K 56 21
This story is about a young female artist in the atl looking for hook ups. August happened to be around and offered to help .... Read to see what hap...
3K 244 80
With Grayson's sudden absence from her life, Mia tries her hardest to carry on as normal; to continue as though she had never met the man who turned...