Why? {Third book in the I am...

By neverlandhiraeth

{3rd book in the I am Who? series.} Orion has gone off to Romania to work with Dragons and Fred was too late... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Fourth book?
Oneshot No.1
Oneshot No.2
Author Tag

Chapter 2

650 25 13
By neverlandhiraeth

Chapter 2>> Jasper Merrigold

Song of the chapter>> 'You've Got a Friend in Me' by Randy Newman 

"Mother fucking, Merlin Balls!" Orion exclaimed as Norbert spat a ball of fire at her, whilst she picked at his dead scales. 

"I am not even going to ask, but can I please get that on a t-shirt." Cassie grinned as she looked over at the young worker who was blowing on her arm. "You should get that checked out." 

Orion shook her head, some of her blonde hair falling from its braid, "After my shift. Norbert behave! Otherwise I'll leave you to do this, rubbing against the bark of a tree, getting splinters." Cassie giggled as she watched Orion scold dragon who promptly sighed, creating a puff of black smoke. Orion coughed, and spluttered before taking the bucket full of dried up scales. She dumped it near the gate of that area of the sanctuary. 

"I'll be with Fraser." She yelled to her fellow worker and picked up a bucket of dead rats. She gagged, as she walked to another area. "Oh the delightful smell of dead, rotting rodent." 

"You'll get used to it before long." Said someone, from behind her. "So you're the famous Orion Waterstone, I'm Jasper, Jasper Merrigold."

"Please call me Ry, or Ryan. Orion is horrible." She nodded, in greeting. 

He laughed, "It's a cool name, but I want to be different. Can i call you Ori?"

"Sure...if I can call you Jasp?"

He nodded, "Where are you heading?" 

"To Fraser, he's gonna have a little feast on some rodent." She shook the bucket.

"He does love his rats." 

"So I've heard, where are you going then?"

"Oh, I'll join you if that is alright?" Jasper turned to her and opened the gate to Fraser's area. 

Ryan nodded and handed him a few rats. "Better get to work then, Jasp." 

The pair spent the rest of their shifts in Fraser's area; feeding, playing and checking his health. But most of all they were getting to know each other. She found out that he was a Ravenclaw only three years above her, and that is where she recognised him from. He has one sibling a sister called, Anna who was also a Ravenclaw but a year older than him, and both of his parents are curse-breakers that work for Gringotts. "That's cool, Charlie's older brother Bill is a curse-breaker."

"Yeah, my dad is his boss." Jasper snorted. 

"Oh, well that is cool." She replied. 

Jasper nodded slightly, "tell me about your family."

"Uh, I'd rather not." Orion muttered biting her lip. 

His eyes widened, "Oh I am so sorry, I forgot, it was in he paper, I am so sorry." He gushed. 

She shook her head, "Nah, s'alright, don't worry 'bout it."

"You sure?"

"Of course, now my shift is over, I better get this burn checked by Bash or Alec, before Charlie see's it." She looked at the burn.

"One, how did you get that? Two, why do you need to hide it from Charlie?"

"Norbert was being fussy over his scale de-picking, and his mother and father are going to attempt to use a muggle phone, and video chat us tonight, along with my godfathers To see if we are okay." 

"Ah, yes well you better head to the healers. See you tomorrow?"

"Why not." She smiled. 

* * *

Over the course of three months, both Orion and Jasper became good friends, and he helped distract her from missing Fred. She missed him less, and less as the time went on. this made her feel as if it was the best, but the same can't be said for Fred. As time went on, he missed her more but masked it with his broad smile, working in the shop and creating new products. At least next month he'll see her- Christmas was only a month away.

Charlie was happy that Orion fitted in well amongst the sanctuary workers and couldn't be happier when he saw her hanging out with some after work, Jasper mainly along with Cassie. Although, he liked his brother and her being together, he was glad that she was not moping around, but getting on with her life, along with Fred too. George had owled him explaining that Fred was going to try and get back with Orion, leaving out the part where he loved her, know one but George knew about Fred feeling like that, Charlie felt guilty for having to leave earlier than planned, but he also knew it couldn't be helped. He hoped that at Christmas, Fred would get to ask her out again. 

"Charlie, as it's my day off I am going to explore the nearest muggle town. I'll be back later." He heard her call to him from the kitchen as he finished brushing his hair in his bedroom.

He exited his bedroom and eyed her carefully, "Are you going alone?"

"No, Jasper is coming."

He sighed in relief, not wanting her to explore on her own and get lost, "That's good then. Have fun." He kissed her head, like he used to when she was younger and was with the Weasley's waving off him and Bill on September 1st. He always kissed her and Ginny's heads, Bill did too. 

"You too." She smiled before exiting the house, her backpack bouncing on her back. 

She practically bounced in excitement though the sanctuary and to Jasper's house. "You seem excited Ori." He grinned. 

"I am, this is my first time exploring a muggle community in a different country not in the UK, I have only ever been in England and Scotland. Romania is my first time abroad." She explained. 

"Fair enough. Did you bring everything I said you'll need?"

"Yup, water, some food, extra sun tan lotion, muggle money, a towel and a bathing suit." 

"That's good then. you ready?" She nodded. 

The pair explored a lovely little village, and browsed shops, just having fun,taking selfies and many other pictures. "I see you have changed you hair to a very light brown, or dirty blonde." 

"Yeah, I felt like it." 

"It's nice." He replied.

"Thanks." 

Orion and Jasper then went to the sandy beach. the found little shacks used as changing rooms and changed into their bathing suits. Orion kept some jean shorts over her bottom half, and kept her leopard bikini top, visible. She exited the shack and found Jasper in some swimming trunks, his towel hanging over his shoulder, her's was in her hand. 

"Let's get our beach on." He exclaimed, grabbing her hand and running onto the warm sand. 

Whilst she was relaxing and having fun at the beach, Fred and George were rushed off their feet in London. Adults brought their young children into the shop, and let them explore the fun it held. they were so busy, Fred, George, Verity and Lee all couldn't handle everything, thank Merlin Angelina and Alicia were free to help.

A/n- How are you liking this so far?

Jasper is played by the amazing Asa Butterfield, and here is a selfie of Orion and him on the beach>>

That is Asa with Ella Purnell, for anyone wondering. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.6K 1.7K 47
The fourth year at Hogwarts opens with an unexpected event. After organizing the Quidditch World Cup, the ministry will announce another very importa...
6.1K 326 15
in which estrella consuelas finds herself holding harry potter's heart in her hands and realises what it's like to mean something to someone ...
581K 27.6K 35
Bex Dumbledore, back again for another year at Hogwarts is faced with many challenges. Juggling a relationship, N.E.W.T.s, friends, as well as new po...
1.4K 103 18
The third book in the Lyla Everglade series. You are Lyla Everglade going into your sixth year at Hogwarts. Fred Weasley has asked you to marry him...