The Boy With The Black Curls.

By TheLoveliestBitch

Belinda Corazon is auditioning for the U.S. X-Factor. She makes it through, and guess who her celebrity guest... More

The X-Factor.
Hot Shot.
Truth Or Dare?
Getting Wooed, Pt. 1
Getting Wooed, Pt. 2
You Got Nothin' On Me.
The Long Week.
Feelings.
The Concert
The First Night Away
Dress Shopping.
The First Date
Contest.
Author's Note
Burns and Losses

The Finals.

2.4K 22 0
By TheLoveliestBitch

Belinda's POV:

               I don't know why I told Harry all of that. He was so easy to talk to. I felt safe with him, like I could trust him. That was a weird feeling for me. I never really trusted many people. My motto was 'Trust is earned, not given.' I thought about all of this while practicing for the show.

                              ///////////////SHOWTIME.//////////////////

                "And now, give it up for Belinda Corazon!" The announcer said.

               I walked out towards the stage, my hair in a side braid, with a pale orangey pink t-shirt that had black fabric letters that said 'Eso Es La Vida' tucked into a short black pencil skirt with cris-cross stripes that were the same color as my shirt, with a pretty pair of lace up black wedges that Harry bought me the weekend before.

                                *Flashback*

              "Harry, no. They're too damn expensive," I said, looking at the $150 price tag.

              "I can see the way you're looking at them. You want them, Belinda," He said, looking at me with a 'duh' look.

               "Just because I want them, doesn't mean I need them," I said.

               Then the cheeky boy went up to the cashier, and before I could stop him, bought them.

              "You know you love me for this!"

                                  *End of flashback*

                     No, I'm not dating him. Yet. He still needs to prove himself worthy, and then, I promised myself that I wouldn't date until after finals. I ajusted the fedora I stole from Harry's head at the last minute. Not only was it the perfect finishing touch, the face Harry made when I went onstage with it was priceless. The music started, I inhaled, and started singing my heart out.

                      "Days like this I want to drive away

Pack my bags and watch your shadow fade

You chewed me up and spit me out

Like I was poison in your mouth

You took my light, you drained me down

But that was then and this is now..

Now look at me!

This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no

This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no!

Throw your sticks and stones

Throw your bombs and your blows

But you're not gonna break my soul

This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no!

I just wanna throw my phone away

Find out who is really there for me

'Cause you ripped me off, your love was cheap

Was always tearing at the seams

I fell deep and you let me drown

But that was then and this is now

Now look at me!

This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no

Throw your sticks and stones

Throw your bombs and your blows

But you're not gonna break my soul

This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no

Now look at me, I'm sparkling

A firework, a dancing flame

You won't ever put me out again

I'm glowing, oh woah oh

So you can keep the diamond ring

It don't mean nothing anyway

In fact you can keep everything

Yeah, yeah....

Except for me!

This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no

Throw your sticks and stones

Throw your bombs and your blows

But you're not gonna break my soul, oh!

This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no!

This is the part of me, no,

This is the part of me, me, me, me, me, me, no

Throw your sticks and stones

Throw your bombs and your blows

But you're not gonna break my soul, oh!

This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no!"

Harry's POV:

                The crowd erupted in cheers. It really was a great song to describe her. As for her life, that's up to her. I looked up at the TV screen that showed the live taping. My fedora was still on her head. She grabbed from my head and put it on before she got on stage, giggling and winking at me. I could sense that she wanted me to try and romance her. Challenge accepted.The problem was, I needed to break up with the girl who thinks we're still dating. Knowing her, she's going to be hard to get rid of. My phone rang. It was her.

                    "Hello?" I said.

                    "Hazzy!" Taylor said.

                    "We need to talk, Taylor, I-"

                    "I know! We do! Actually, I need to tell you something..."

                    Just then, I heard another guy's voice on the phone.

                     "I screwed your girlfriend. You two are done. She's mine now!"

                     "Fine! I found a much prettier and nicer girl anyways!"

                      I hung up the phone, thankful that we had kept the relationship under wraps. Honestly, the only person that thought we were still together these past couple weeks was Taylor. I had technically broken up with her after finding her cheating.

                      Belinda came off the stage, a big smile on her face. She was quietly singing in spanish.

                      "YOU DID AMAZING!" Everyone said.

                      "Belinda, that was dazzling. You killed it up there," I said, giving her a hug. I grabbed my fedora and put it back on. She laughed.

                       //////////////////////////2 Hours Later/////////////////

                      The voting was over. Everyone was biting their nails, even Belinda.

                       "And the two finalists are.....BELINDA CORAZON AND DRAKE MARCH!"

                        "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" Belinda squealed, jumping up and down like a kid who was just told that they were going to Disneyland.

                         "And the assignment for the performances tommorow are to sing a song by your celebrity guest!"

                          "Didn't Drake get Bruno Mars?" Belinda asked.

                           The rest of us weren't listening. We were too busy laughing to ourselves about what this meant.

                            "Yes, I have to sing one of your songs. What's so funny?" Belinda said, narrowing her eyes at us.

                            "How are you gonna sound?" Niall said, giggling.

                            We all went silent. I felt sorry for Nialler.

                             "EXCUSE ME?!" She yelled, getting dangerously close to beating him up.

                              Instead, she sang.

                              "If I’m louder, would you see me?

Would you lay down

In my arms and rescue me?

‘Cause we are the same

You save me,

When you leave it’s gone again." She sang, her voice rich and deep. Niall was speechless.

                              "She just burned you with your own solo, Nialler," Zayn said.

                              Belinda leaned against the wall with her arms crossed and her full lips pursed.

                             Niall was still in shock, his mouth wide open. Caitlyn entered the area, her eyes widening as she saw her boyfriend.

                              "Belinda, what the fudge did you do?"

                              "He said I couldn't sing their songs well!"

                              "Niall, why would you do that?!"

                              "You're going to have to kiss him, Cait. I burned him with his own solo," Belinda said, trying to keep in a laugh. Caitlyn kissed him. Niall responded to that, kissing her back.

                               After they finally pulled away, Niall said, "Sorry, Bel."

                                "I forgive you, Nialler," She said, smirking, "Let's go back to the hotel and eat some ice cream!"

                           //////////////////////////Next Day//////////////////////////

Belinda's POV:

                   I waited excitely for Drake to finish. He was great, singing 'It Will Rain', but it wasn't well practiced. I had known from the minute the boys walked into the room as the celebrity guest that I would have to sing a song by them. So I made preparations and practiced in secret. I walked out, again in the lace up wedges, but this time I had a dark purple strapless dress with black criscross stripes, and my hair was down, my waves flowing. I had combed my long bangs back and pinned them back. Today I put in a little more effort into my makeup and put in cat eyes with my eyeliner. Not that I needed eyeliner. I had big enough eyes as it was. I just like cat eyes. The boys were in the front row. Drake finished, and him and the announcer got into a conversation, blah blah blah. Then it was my time.

                     I inhaled as the familar music started, and for the last time on this show, sang.

Harry's POV:                

                   I heard the familiar music as Belinda looked at me and winked. She danced a little, singing.

                "The light shines

It's getting hot on my shoulders

I don't mind, this time it doesn't matter

Cause your friends,

They look good but you look better

Don't you know all night

I've been waiting for a boy like you to come around, round, round

Under the lights tonight

Turned around, and you stole my heart

With just one look

When I saw your face

I fell in love

Took a minute boy, to steal my heart tonight

Just one look, yeah

Been waiting for a boy like you

I'm weaker

My worlds fall and they hit the ground

All life come on here

Don't you fail me now

I start to say

I think I love you but I make no sound

Oh cuz all my life ive been waiting for a boy like you to come around

Under the lights tonight

Turned around, and you stole my heart

With just one look

When I saw your face

I fell in love

Took a minute boy, to steal my heart tonight

With just one look, yeah

I'm waiting for a boy like you

There is no other place that I would rather be

Than right here with you tonight

As we lay on the ground I put my arms around you

And we can stay here tonight

There's so much I wanna say

I wanna say!"  Then I realized that she was singing to me. I started smiling like an idiot. She winked at me again, spinning.

                 "Under the lights tonight

Turned around, and you stole my heart

With just one look

When I saw your face

I fell in love

Took a minute boy, to steal my heart tonight

Under the lights tonight

Turned around, and you stole my heart

With just one look

When I saw your face

I fell in love

Took a minute boy, to steal my heart tonight

Just one look, yeah

I'm waiting for a boy like you

I'm waiting for a boy like you!"

                The crowd erupted in cheers. Me and the boys pulled out the signs we made earlier.

                Mine said: MARRY ME, BELINDA!

                Niall's said: WE LOVE YOU!

                Liam's said: GO, BELINDA, GO!

                 Zayn's said: SEXY!

                  Lou's said: I WANT YOUR CARROTS!

                 She laughed, throwing her head back.

                 The judges turned around, seeing the signs.

                 "Looks like the boys and you have developed quite the friendship, eh?" Katy Perry said. She was the celebrity judge. She smiled cheekily and said, "Do you have the hots for any of them, Belinda? I mean, come on. You're a beautiful girl and these boys are quite the lookers." She winked at Belinda.

                  She immediately glanced at me, quickly looking back at Katy. "Um, we're all just really good friends. I d-don't l-like any of them like t-that."

                   "Sure, hon. Sure," Katy said, winking, "You just don't want your heart broken, which is very understandable. But from the looks of it, I'd say Harry has a big crush on you."

                   I could see that Belinda was trying hard to keep a straight face, but she couldn't stop her face from becoming bright red. You'd think that with her tan, you wouldn't see it, but it was as obvious as when Nialler blushes.

                   ////////////////2 Hours and 3 Guest Performances Later///////////////

                    "WE HAVE THE RESULTS!" Uncle Si said, "The winner of the X-Factor is.....DRAKE MARCH!"

                  What the fuck? Belinda was 100 times better than him.. Belinda hugged Drake, congratulating him. There was confetti everywhere. About half the crowd booed. Drake smiled. That pissed the hell out of me. Me and the boys had outraged looks on our faces. The girls looked like they were ready to beat the shit out of Drake. Belinda left the stage, a downcast look on her face.

                            ////////////30 Minutes Later/////////////

                    We were back at the hotel as Belinda was packing her things. I didn't want her to leave. She hadn't said a word the whole time. Then, there was a knock on the door.

                     "Uncle Si? What are you doing here?" I said, a bit confused.

                     "I believe that America made a terrible mistake in not voting her the winner." Uncle Si said.

                      Belinda immediately looked up from her laptop, a confused look on her face.

                      "Belinda, I'd like to sign you."

                      Belinda's eyes widened. "One minute, please," She said, walking into another room. I heard a scream, and then some cheering in spanish. She walked back into the room, a smile plastered to her face.

                        "I accept the offer. On one condition," She said, her expression businesslike, "I will never be forced to fake date anyone, even if it might help my career."

                        That was a smart move. A few of us had to have some fake girlfriends for awhile. It was horrid.

                         Uncle Si smirked, saying, "Belinda, I like you. You're not afraid to speak your mind. Come around to the Columbia Records studio tommorow, and we'll sign the papers. I'll see you tommorow, Belinda."

                         And with that, Uncle Si left the room.

                         "Did that really just happen?" Belinda asked.

                         "Yes. Yes it did," I said, smiling like a fool.

                          Belinda ran into my arms and hugged me, kissing my cheek.

                          "Thank you for getting me here, Harry," She whispered.

                           "It was all you, beautiful," I said.

                           "This doesn't mean we're together, you know," She said, pulling out of the hug, "I still need to be wooed. Buenas noches, Curly."

                           She pushed me out of the room, kissing my cheek. She was such a tease.

                           Oh I'll woo you alright.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 230 10
Harry Styles is a fanboy, plain and simple. His life pretty much revolves around the British-Irish boyband known as One Direction. Like any other fan...
859K 9.6K 22
Bᴏᴏᴋ Tᴡᴏ Iɴ Tʜᴇ Tᴏ Bᴇ Fᴀᴍᴏᴜs Sᴇʀɪᴇs(: Aspiring pop star, Katrina Bell has the opportunity to meet One Direction. And to sing with them. But, the bad...
74K 521 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...
1.7K 11 19
When Summer goes to tryout for the X-Factor she never thought she would make it. Once she does she meets Harry Styles the boy of her dreams or so she...