New Beginning

By Fierylight

My heart hammered against my chest as I walked up the steps to the house. He's going to hate me...mayb... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Announcement

Chapter 38

10.9K 365 12
By Fierylight

   Landon's father, he died because he was trying to protect me from the blast. It was my fault. That had been only one of numerous I suppose. Landon's eyes met mine curiously, Walter's voice snapped me from thought.

   "You dare disobey a direct order?" His voice held danger. 

   "Father-" Todd was interrupted by an angry growl. 

   "Dad, we-" Jasper's voice was also cut off. So this is why people see the royals as useless. The temper, unwilling to hear reason. Shocking that he isn't dead yet.

   "No, just because you think we owe you some-" His words were cut off my a low growl. My teeth grit, my body shook.

   "Think you owe me?" A scoff left my lips. "You do owe me." He left his seat and was coming around to my seat. 

   "Young lady." His voice menacing.

   "Oh please do." Monty stood up, but was ordered to sit. He looked at me with wary eyes.

   "If you're going to be staying here, there are ground rules." He was now a few feet from me. "One, women aren't looked at in high positions, specifically of your..nature." His words bit. "Two, you will hold your tongue in the presence of any high ranking male." His teeth ground together. Three, you will listen to orders given." His hatred evident. He was standing in front of me now. My body shook, Eden held back. "Four, you will not be unattended at any point in time." He smelled of alcohol and blood. "Five, as long as you are here, you will be treated as an omega." His wife cut in.

   "George." Her voice irritated and emotional. He didn't move his eyes from mine. 

   "Six, you will train like my other children in preparation. Seven, you will be invisible at all points in time. The disrespect and the attitude will disappear, am I understood?" His breath reeked of whiskey.

   "Why are you so scared of me?" The words were calm, and detached. His eyes held too many emotions for me to pinpoint. 

   "Be careful Little One, I'm not as kind as my counterparts." His voice was cold, angry.  He and I leveled to each other, glaring with every ounce.

   "Maybe we should go separate ways for now." The woman said with a commanding tone. His eyes faltered, mine did not. "George!" She snapped, he hesitated before turning and walking away. When he and the woman were out of sight, Jasper whistled.

   "Better than expected."  A bottle of some kind of wine was sitting next to his plate. Grabbing it, I left the room. Monty ran after me, catching up. 

   "Where are you going?" He said panting.

   "Is there somewhere?" My words rough. He nodded, taking my hand. Soon we were outside, training grounds. 

   It was vacant, just Monty and I. He decided to give me a bat and some baseballs.

   "You use to do this all the time. The dogs chased the balls, and brought them back." He smiled gently as he picked up a ball and tossed it in the air. The ball went soaring. Rain was pouring down, the air cold and stale. 

    "Monty." He threw another, creating a rhythm. 

    "Yeah Little Bird?" His face was curious.

   "What did I do." His heart skipped a beat, and a sigh came from his lips. 

   "Lots of things happened when we were kids. I'm assuming you are remembering some things due to that look before." I nodded and hit another ball. "After we were attacked, word got out that Landon's father, the beta, had been killed. That's when he decided it best for everyone if you were sent off and hidden." My heart sped up, and I split the leather off the ball. 

   "It was my fault." His face turned into irritation.

   "No. It was George's." He turned me so I looked at him.  "He didn't make sure of security before allowing you outside. Landon's father, Henry, disagreed with him. Henry thought you should stay inside. George was drunk, and he made the mistake at allowing people to disobey him." 

   "But I was ultimately the cause." Monty growled and shook his head, looking away. His hands were on his hips.

   "Winter." He took a breath, "You tried to stop each bad thing from happening. You always have. The hatred those idiots have for you are due to the denial and fear of George. He's on a power hungry binge." 

   We were silent, standing in the rain.

   "Why doesn't Landon hate me." Monty looked at me as if I'd burned him. 

   "Because he was there. I was there. Henry was protecting all of us kids, not just you. The explosives went off, and he sacrificed himself to keep us all alive. It wasn't your fault. Landon wouldn't ever hate you because of how it destroyed you." We sat down on the ground.

   "What do you mean?" He laid down and sighed.

   "You were the most affected because you were the closest. You were trying to get Henry out of the way." My heart seemed to stop in shock. That can't be true.. "Winter, you've always been the nicest out of everyone. Always happy, always trying to make others smile. Henry ingrained in Landon and I, that we were to protect you at all costs, not due to rank, but because of the relationships we had." He sat up, my eyes focused on tree line. 

   "What am I suppose to do Monty?" He pulled me to my feet, holding my face gently.

   "Eden will help you become what the Moon Goddess chose you to be. You're feared because of the power you have, the power of change. Use it to your advantage." I haven't known him long, but I felt protected. I was surrounded by people I get to chose, making me feel useful.

   "Why are you so nice, not having known me for years." He smiled and hugged me. His scent, calming. 

   "Because you were -are- my best friend. You've shown some important life lessons, for everyone to see." I wasn't sure what to do with all of my emotions, and- 

   "Surprise!" Landon's voice was heard from behind me, and soon I was face first into a pile of mud. Monty and Landon burst out giggling. Irritation flooded my sense, standing up I threw mud at both of them.

   "You both suck." I bit out, forcing their shocked, mud covered faces, to break out into grins.

   "Now we get to finish and see who wins." Landon said throwing mud at me. The guards seemed beyond shocked. Fast footsteps echoed in the air, lights suddenly turning on, illuminating the dark outdoors.

   "Oh honey, we know who won last time." Monty's sarcastic voice was heard. 

   "Yes!" I heard the girls sprinting down the yard. The boys were met with mud. 

    "Todd-" I was tackled to the ground, gently. A laugh erupted from my mouth, and I looked up to see it was my brother. He smiled as if he were a little boy again. "Todd!" Jasper laughed.

   "Hey Little Bird." He kissed my cheek, shocking me. I turned so he was in my, then smeared mud all over his face. His laugh was welcoming. "You're so dead." He smeared mud all over my face, my neck. He was in a suit too.

   "Kaine I swear to god-" I tried to move from Todd and was soon having mud thrown all over me. This shit hurts. My body shook from the cold, this was fun. The more the be-

   "Ah!" I was being picked up. "Put me down!" I giggled. Literally giggled. I never giggle.

   "Sorry Princess." It was Kaine. He tossed me into a massive puddle. 

   "Kaine!" Mr.Kormack sighed in irritation.

    "Jasper, no!" Todd yelled frantically. We looked over and saw her tackle him into the puddle laughing. I felt like a little kid, these are the best.

   "Royals getting dirty." Landon said suggestively. Laughs rang out, echoed through the trees.

   "What the Hell is going on out h-" Everyone stopped, but I picked up mud and threw it as hard as I could. It soon met his face, and his wife put her hand over her mouth, then burst out laughing.

   "Shit." Monty said, holding back a laugh.

   "Sir-" Kaine was cut off by a low growl.

    "How stupid are y-" He was met with more mud. I have a good arm.

   "Winter!" Mr.Kormack snapped with angry eyes, but was soon met with mud from Kaine. His sinister growl and laugh rang out. "Kitten." Kaine slipped trying to run, sending us kids into a laughing fit. Mr.Kormack smeared mud all over Kaine's head, ruining his hair.

    "Sir what would you like us to-" The man was cut off by the wife's voice.

   "Sh. Let them." She stood there, watching us all slip around throwing mud at each other.

   This is one way to release anger. You get to throw a hard substance at people. I stopped and watched what I had done. All of us adults over here acting like we were 10 again. Everyone was letting go and getting along. My siblings were throwing mud at my boys. People were slipping, attempting to stand. 

   "Mr.Kormack!" I was being picked up again. His laugh was a good sight to see. He's so handsome. 

   "We're all so dead." He giggled like a small boy. He slipped meaning I was on top of him as he laid in a puddle. Our laughs rippled through the cold, stale air. 

   A bell went off, making us all halt our actions. Mr.Kormack was on his feet, pulling me to the entrance to the castle. We all tracked mud into the gorgeous castle. It was old but modern.

   "Everyone go get cleaned up." Mrs.Steele said ushering us all through the sitting area. Poor maids. We were all dripping and muddy.

   As we made it to the room, Kaine ran into the bathroom and started to strip. 

   "Come on Winter. We need to get cleaned up." He fumbled with my clothes, but soon we were in the shower. I looked at the door to see where Mr.Kormack was, he isn't there.

   "It was my fault." I mumbled, feeling void of the happiness from before. He grabbed my jaw, looking at me.

   "No. It could be nothing. Now let's wash up so we can go see." I nodded and we scrubbed the dirt and grime off.

   Soon we were standing in the room getting dressed. I had slipped my sweatshirt on when the door was pushed open by Landon.

   "You're needed in his office." He seemed unsure. We jogged to the office on the ground floor. My hair dripped as we entered. Mr.Kormack was standing near Mr.Steele. I suppose they showered too, they were clean.

   "What is it dad?" Todd said pulling his arm through a sweatshirts sleeve. 

   "The grounds have been breached. All of you are going to be with guards for the next 24 hours. They appear to be rogues, but I'm not taking any chances." He looked with worry to his kids, then me. He hated me though.

    "Aren't they average rogues?" I questioned, and was met with shocked eyes. "What?" Mrs.Steele spoke up.

   "Darling, have you seen where we are? They aren't average, they are the top of their game. The oldest. The most deadly." She looked to her husband worried. He kissed her head gently, so he does have a soft side. 

   "We don't take this as a joke hear Little Bird." Todd said with scared eyes.

   "Where are we to go?" Kaine asked gently, his hand on the small of my back. He was making contact to calm himself down.  Thoughts raced through my mind. What does this mean? Do I act now? Is this the big thing?

   "You'll all go to the bunker. There will be plenty of guards, food, and space. You'll wait until myself, the King, or one of his trusted men come to get you all. No longer than 24 hours." Great. Who is this man? "Landon's Uncle. The beta." My heart skipped at the words. I killed his brother.

   "Todd, Lincoln, and Michael will stay with me. The rest of you go with my wife." Mr.Steele spoke nodding at his family, then mine.  

   "N-No." I said processing what he just said. "I'll stay, Mr.Kormack goes with Kaine." Mr.Steele looked at me, then his wife who gave him a look. 

   "Babe." Link said taking my hand. "We know the answer to that already." I made eye contact with Mr.Steele.

    "You have to go. This isn't what was intended for you. They're just rogues." Dangerous! They're dangerous. He's going off, and-

   "No." I said feeling my pulse increase. Mr.Kormack looked at Kaine.

   "Winter. It's precautionary." Jasper's twin said gently. A growl was gifted to her, causing Mr.Kormack to grab my face.

   "I'll be fine." He placed a kiss on my forehead, then placed his necklace around me. "Go." Kaine tugged on my arm. Landon and Monty followed, adding another blockade to grabbing Mr.Kormack.

   "Kaine-" My voice cracked. 

   "You still haven't marked each other." Jasper said looking at Kaine warily. "You need to do that, and soon." She basically ordered him.

   We've been sitting in this room for the past ten hours. The twins were asleep, Mrs.Steele was embroidering something, Monty and Landon were both playing a card game, there was some little boy laying next to Mrs.Steele, and Kaine was playing with my hair as I sat between his legs. My mind was wired and moving so fast it hurt. 

   "Has anything changed yet?" I heard Nova ask as she paced. Mrs.Steele looked up from the boy and smiled gently.

   "I haven't been told so dear." It was sickening how she and her husband could be so cool towards this situation. Kaine leaned down and kissed my shoulder when I bit into my skin on accident.

   "I'm sure they're fine." Jasper grumbled. None of us could sleep, who are we kidding?

   Eden and I were battling each others emotions. I sat here, shaking, and worried. 

   "Winter." Jasper's voice brought me out of my trance. "Jeez. I said, you're bleeding." Kaine made my face turn towards him in confusion. Sure enough my nose was bleeding, along with my lip. My nose only bleeds when I'm really angry or something big happens. Last time it was because I met Kaine. After that was because I was too angry. Why now?

   "Um, guys." Mykie said warily. We looked over at the only entrance. The sounds from outside forced us up, and moving. How could they possibly get in here? I thought it was locked down like a super max prison!  

   Monty stood in front of me while Landon tended to my nose. My ears started to ring, my body rising in temperature. When the door was opened, we were met with a sight I didn't want to see.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 13.9K 57
{MATURE +18} I am strong, I am resilient, I am fire... *******************************************************************************************...
170 9 5
I awoke to a cold and damp concrete floor under my body. I opened my eyes and blinked several times, hoping that I would see a bit more clearly if I...
3M 135K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
Blaise By

Werewolf

5.5K 218 24
Found as a Babe, Blaise grew up unknowingly surrounded by the werewolves. That was until her 14th birthday, when she joined them. Shifting for the...