A Story of Love

By maryc2793

This is another story of love which starts from the end; A story that will test love, its limitations and how... More

A Story of Love
Prologue
Chapter 1: Yes
Chapter 3: Dream Family
Chapter 4: Intimate
Chapter 5: Who You Love
Chapter 6: Signs
Chapter 7: Arrangements
Chapter 8: Twins
Chapter 9: Psychology
Chapter 10: Company
Chapter 11: Next Level
Chapter 12: First Day
Chapter 13: Troubles Start Now
Chapter 14: Jenna
Chapter 15: Sepanx
Chapter 16: Winner
Chapter 17: Consuming
Chapter 18: Separated
Chapter 19: Reunited
Chapter 20: Busy Days
Chapter 21: Eyes
Chapter 22: Bad Dream
Chapter 23: Break
Chapter 24: Transient
Chapter 25: Crazy
Chapter 26: Away
Chapter 27: Proof
Chapter 28: Hug
Chapter 29: Impossible
Chapter 30: Happy Sunday
Chapter 31: Daddy's Girl
Chapter 32: Nannies
Chapter 33: Together Forever
Chapter 34: Vena Amoris

Chapter 2: Diamond

883 10 5
By maryc2793

Jeric

Almost a year ago, I graduated happy and today I need to return the favor. Today is Anna’s graduation day, so I prepared something for her. She made me the luckiest man when I graduated and I hope I can reciprocate it.

So now, I’m just waiting for her to finish dressing up. And since she’s taking so long, thanks to my sister who’s been all over Anna for her get-up on her graduation day, I tried to reminisce the year that has gone by.

I’m in PBA now, with Rain or Shine. My career is doing great as Anna and I were doing excellent. Anna, on the other hand, continued and finished her degree in education. It’s her life-long dream to become a pre-school teacher. She loves kids. She adores them. And as a very good boyfriend, I supported her all the way as much as she supported me with basketball.

Anna and I are going to be together for a year in four days. And the past year had been the best for me and hopefully for her. I hoped I had loved her so much that I made her happy.

She definitely made me the happiest. It felt like everything fell into their right places at the right time. She introduced me to her loving parents, Tito Alberto and Tita Belle and to her younger brother Anthony. They were happy to see us together and welcomed me with open arms to their family.

And for a little background, Tito Alberto is a lawyer and Tita Belle is a doctor, specifically a pediatrician. Anthony is currently studying at De La Salle with a premed course. When Anna was younger, she would always come to her mom’s clinic and help out there. That may explain why she really loves kids.

So I’m very lucky that the Lopezs accepted me with open arms. Tita Belle said that they trust their daughter’s decisions and they were happy to see her happy that I apparently do to her.

We had a great year. I wouldn’t say we didn’t have our arguments, of course we did. But because of love we were able to surpass it. Meron ding mga tampuhan but we overcame it.

“Baby?” I went back to reality when I heard her. She’s in front of me with a nice floral, silently pink Sunday dress. Her hair is neatly hanging over her shoulder. She’s wearing natural and very light make-up. This is a simple look but it definitely brings out her beauty. Remind me to thank Almira later.

“Ahia, close your mouth please,” Almira ordered from the back.

“How is it possible that you’re still growing more beautiful as each day pass? And I already thought that you are the most beautiful yesterday.” I said as a matter of fact. She smiled.

“I know it’s supposed to be gross for me to hear that from my Ahia! But damn! That was sweet Ahia. I wish one day a guy would tell me that too,” Almira butted in interrupting what Anna was about to say.

Almira’s remarks made Anna giggle. “Your face is the best picture that my eyes could watch every day and your giggle is the best song that my ears could hear.” I said to her without blinking.

“Okay, that’s it. I’m outta here.” Almira said.

“Sagutin mo na kasi yung Nico Salva.” Anna said. Nico Salva is Almira’s suitor.

“Nope! Mayabang masyado,” Almira said picking her bag up from the couch.

“Hindi kaya. Mayado kang judgmental Shobe. Kilalanin mo muna,” I said to her.

“Whatever Ahia! I’ll wait for you two in the car. Be fast. The ceremony will start in an hour and we still have to travel. Achi texted me they’re already there.” Almira said.

“Yes, road manager.” I said which made me and Anna giggle. Almira stormed out of the room leaving Anna and I alone.

I reached for her and held her by her waist with my hands. “You’re beautiful.” I said.

“Thank you and thank your sister,” she ordered. I nodded. The word No is not in my vocabulary when I’m talking to her.

“Mom, Dad and Toni are on their way. They left early. They have to do something pa daw,” I smiled remembering my surprise.

“Ah okay.” I answered shortly so she won’t notice anything.

“So let’s go? Almira’s waiting. She might cut our heads off if we keep her waiting.” She joked but I didn’t move.

“Can we just stand here so I can stare at your beautiful face the whole day?” I requested.

“Ewan ko sayo Jeric. Tara na,” She tried to pull me but again I didn’t move. She looked at me first and tried to gauge me.

She took me by surprise when she gave me a quick kiss on the lips. She knows me too well. She know this will make me weak. She grabbed the opportunity and pulled me to the car.

“Ha-ha!” She laughed at my face when we were both in the car. “Weak mo talaga Jec.”

“Yes. You are my weakness,” I said and started the car’s engine. Almira’s at the back listening to her ipod, ignoring us.

“What’s up with you? You’re a little extra sweet today,” she said facing me.

“Seatbelt first and I am always sweet to you.” I said as I drive through their gate.

“I know. But there something. I just can’t pinpoint what.” She said as she twitch her face like she always does when she’s thinking.

“Bawal na ba ngayong maging sweet sa girlfriend ko?” I asked her and took a quick glimpse of her face.

She stopped thinking and looked at me like I’m a science project. It lasted for a quick couple of seconds then she smiled. She came closer and gave me a quick kiss on the cheeks.

“Of course I’m always fine with you being extra sweet. I actually like it.” She said and went back to her seat and wore her seatbelt.

I smiled at her silliness. What goodness have I done to deserve this? I may not be sure about the answer to that question but I know I am very thankful, happy and contented.

After Anna’s graduation ceremony, her family, my family and some close friends celebrated in a restaurant near their subdivision. It was closed for her graduation party.

I think now is the moment for my surprise. I signaled to Jeron and we both went out of the restaurant to fetch my surprise. Jeron helped me bring the surprise to the kitchen through the back door. When I went back inside Anna was talking to Almira.

“Baby it’s time,” I said when I reached them.

She looked at me confused. “Time for what?” I wasn’t able to answer back when Almira squealed from the sideline.

“Oh! Oh! Oh! I’m, excited na!” Almira exclaimed. Anna confusingly looked at her while I throw dagger looks at my not so little sister.

Everyone turned when they heard Almira. They immediately knew that the surprise was about to start so they gathered around the center stage.

Anna turned her eyes from Almira to me. I just shrugged and guided her to the chair at the center facing the mini stage.

“Baby, dito ka lang ha,” I said. I was about to leave her there when she pulled me back.

“Jeric, what’s happening?” She asked.

I just smiled. “Everything’s fine. I’m sure you’ll enjoy this. Now, just sit here and watch. Love you.” I kissed her hair and went to the center.

I cleared my throat first. “I would like to thank everyone for being here for a very special girl. And she’s in pink.”

“Anna, baby, I am so proud of you. You’re another step closer to your dream. We are so happy for you. And because we’re all proud of you, we prepared something that we know you’ll enjoy. We includes your parents and mine, your sibling and mine. And lastly, I love you.” I said and clapped my hands twice as a signal for the entrance of the surprise.

A line of cute little children walked in and went to their formation. Right before the music started, Kendra and Scarlett Kramer went in. They’re Anna’s favorite. She’s been following them on Instagram and Facebook. And I pulled a lot of strings just to get them here. Naki-FC na nga ako kay Kuya Doug Kramer. Well, as what I have said Anna is a die-hard children lover.

When Anna saw Kendra and Scarlett come out of the kitchen, her eyes immediately lit up. She looked at the children adoringly. The joy in her eyes was priceless.

Kendra raised her hand signaling the DJ to start the music. One of the restaurant staff handed the little stars a microphone each. Kendra started to sing the first lines of the song Roar by Katy Perry. Scarlett, on the other hand, is cutely mumbling random sounds on the microphone, mimicking her sister.

I looked at Anna and she’s enjoying every scene that the girls are doing as well as the children on the back up. She would clap and sing along with them. Looking at her watching the children is a joy to see.

“Congratulation Tita Anna!” Kendra shouted after her performance.

She went to Anna and gave her tight hug. Scarlett joined which made Anna’s smile larger. While the girls are hugging her, our eyes met. “Thank you and I love you.” She mouthed.

I smiled at her as Kendra and Scarlett shower her with kisses. Ate Cheska and Kuya Doug went out of the kitchen as well and congratulated Anna. Apparently, they know each other. Tita Belle was the one who received Kendra after Cheska gave birth to her.

Anna gestured at me to come to her and I willingly obliged. When I reached them, Anna jumped and gave me a hug.

“Thank you babe. I’m really happy to see the kids. I love you,” she said to my ears.

“You’re welcome and you deserve it.” I said to her. She broke the hug and gave me a quick kiss on the lips which made everyone howl.

“Ayan na price mo Ahia!” Jeron shouted from the back.

“Loko-loko ka talaga Jeron!” I shouted which made everyone laugh.

Tito Alberto went to the center and waited for the laughter to stop. Tita Belle was beside him.

“First, I would like to congratulate my beloved daughter. You made it honey. Mommy and I are so proud of you. Jeric’s right, you’re one step closer to your dream. To all who came to celebrate with us, my family would like to thank you, especially to the Tengs who helped us with the preparation. And of course to Jeric for making our baby smile and for supporting her all the way.” Tito Alberto said.

After Tito’s speech, the feast started. When Anna and I were done eating, I pulled her to an isolated corner to give her my other gifts.

“Why did you bring me here?” She asked when we were isolated from the group.

“Do you really think that Kendra’s performance is my only gift for you?” I said and faked a disappointed look.

“There’s more?” Her eyes lit up like a child. I nodded which made her smile more.

I handed her an envelope. She raised an eyebrow at me before accepting it.

“Open it,” I said.

She slowly open the envelope and pulled out pieces of paper with writings on it. She gave me a questioning look.

“Nike is pledging to give free shoes to the orphanage you’re supporting. I know how you love those kids in that orphanage and I really thought this will make you happy.” I said to her.

Her eyes were filled with happiness with what she heard. She stopped and look at me in the eyes. My girl is a woman of few words. That look she gave me means she’s very thankful.

“Did I say I love you? Cause if I haven’t yet, I’m saying it now. I love you. So much,” She said and hugged me.

“I still have one more gift for you baby,” I said then she broke off the hug.

“These are enough for me Jec. You know that.” She said.

“I know. But I just want to do this for you.” I fished out a black box from the inside pocket of my jacket. I gave it to her.

She tentatively accepted it and looked at it for a few seconds. I guided her hands on opening it when I realized she’s not opening it. The box showed a heart-shaped, diamond studded locket.

“I know you’re not the materialistic kind of person but I couldn’t stop myself from giving you this. Anna, this is my heart and you are as special as these diamonds, even more,” I said.

I opened the locket and showed her that our initials are engrave on the inside.

She smiled and heaved out a sigh. “You got me at Kendra’s performance. Thank you so much for everything.” She hugged me as tight as she could.

Suddenly she broke free from the hug and looked behind her. I also turned to where she was looking and found Kendra tugging the hem of her skirt.

The little girl smiled at both of us and said, “Tita Anna, you shine like a diamond.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note:

To those who are wondering, hindi ko po minamadali yung story. These first chapters are for the introduction of the characters and building on you guys how they are. I really hope you’ll get it soon. As the other chapters unfold, you’ll understand.

I really love and adore the Kramers and I can’t help myself but include them here. I hope you guys don’t mind. Cute naman talaga sila. Hehehe

What do you think of this chapter?

Comment and Vote

Continue Reading