The Catalyst (GirlXGirl)

By LBrooks23

~COMPLETED~ In a world that is overruled with corruption and a new incurable disease sweeping through several... More

Chp. 1 "New Best Friend"
Chp. 2 "One Year Later"
Chp. 3 "Attraction"
Chp. 4 "A New Face"
Chp. 5 "Undeniable Feelings"
Chp. 6 "Change of Plans"
Chp. 7 "Close Call"
Chp. 8 "Realization"
Chp. 9 "Here's the Plan"
Chp. 10 "Good Guys and Bad Guys"
Chp. 11 "Finishing Up"
Chp. 12 "Oops"
Chp. 13 "Revelation"
Chp. 14 "Who Am I?"
Chp. 15 "What's Next?"
Chp. 16 "The Call"
Chp. 17 "Recruiting"
Chp. 18 "Last Day"
Chp. 19 "Rehearsal"
Chp. 20 "A Familiar Face"
Chp. 21 "And We're Off!"
Chp. 22 "A Friendly Chat"
Chp. 23 "Arrived"
Chp. 24 "Meet the Masons"
Chp. 25 "Eye Opener"
Chp. 26 "Close Call"
Chp. 27 "Home Sweet Home"
Chp. 28 "New Ability"
Chp. 29 "A Serious Talk"
Chp. 30 "Untimely Introductions"
Chp. 31 "Proper Introductions"
Chp. 32 "Preparation"
Chp. 33 "Convincing Lies"
Chp. 34 "Bad News"
Chp. 35 "Secret Skills"
Chp. 36 "Goodbyes"
Chp. 38 "Finally Alone"
Chp. 39 "Deep Thought"
Chp. 40 "Doctor Henson"
Chp. 41 "Down Time"
Chp. 42 "Pursuing Phase 3"
Chp. 43 "Surprise"
Chp. 44 "Welcome to the Bureau"
Chp. 45 "The Lab"
Chp. 46 "The Truth Sucks"
Chp. 47 "Deep Conversations"
Chp. 48 "It's a Date"
Chp. 49 "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"
Chp. 50 "Two-Sided Story"
Chp. 51 "Hard Work"
Chp. 52 "Great News"
Chp. 53 "Shocking Information"
Chp. 54 "Saving Avery"
Chp. 55 "Confessions"
Chp. 56 "Shocking Secrets"
Chp. 57 "Unexpected Call"
Chp. 58 "Old Wounds"
Chp. 59 "Training"
Chp. 60 "A Much Needed Talk"
Chp. 61 "Awkwad Introductions"
Chp. 62 "Business Meeting"
Chp. 63 "Late Night Talk"
Chp. 64 "Round Two"
Chp. 65 "Friendly Advice"
Chp. 66 "Forgive Me"
Chp. 67 "Morning After"
Chp. 68 "The Final Meeting"
Chp. 69 "The Plan's in Motion"
Chp. 70 "Mishap"
Chp. 71 "Plan B"
Chp. 72 "Escape"
Chp. 73 "The Final Chase"
Chp. 74 "Aftermath"
Chp. 75 "A Step Forward"
Chp. 76 "Welcome Home"
Chp. 77 "A New Beginning"

Chp. 37 "Phase 1"

12.9K 454 46
By LBrooks23

Chp. 37 "Phase 1"

"Is everything set to go? The last thing I wanna to do is forget anything important and have to turn back around."

I looked around Avery's driveway, realizing this was it, we were finally leaving for Phase 1. I grabbed Avery's hand, pulling her into me and smiling, "No, I think we're set."

"Then let's get a move on, we need to leave now if we wanna make it to the hotel in time."

Avery and I piled into the backseat while Gage and Max took their places in the front. I didn't know what to expect of the road trip there but I was hoping I could relax. I was curious about the meeting we had arranged with Agent Harris but that was hours away.

My fingers found the necklace that was sitting around my neck, taking the dog tag in between my pointer and thumb. I rubbed it, and I didn't know how to explain it, but when I did I felt a sense of comfort come over me. I thought about my parents, and this always seemed to calm me down with ease.

I already missed them.

I gazed out the window, wondering what would happen once we actually made it to the Bureau. What were they planning on doing to me? And how exactly were they going to use me as a contributor for the cure to the BD3?

Were they going to take my blood? Test my DNA?

Thinking about it only caused more questions to swarm in my head so I tried to focus on something else. I looked over to Avery who was scrolling through her playlist on her phone, and I realized she was completely oblivious to my stare.

I took in her smooth legs that were kissed by the Florida sun, and her tight muscle shirt that showed off her other perfect features. The more I gazed at her the more I realized she was absolutely perfect, and the fact that she could fight only made her sexier. She was starting to look really irresistible-

"DAMMIT!"

I jumped in my seat, grabbing Avery's arm in the process. Gage swerved violently as he punched Max in the arm in response, "Fuck Max, don't do that!"

Max huffed in the seat, seeming to be completely fed up with whatever was going on.

I retorted, "What? You forgot something?"

"No," he threw his phone violently on the middle console of the front seat, "This game is bullshit."

I laughed, "What game?"

"Flappy Bird."

I looked at him with a confused expression on my face, realizing I had played that game a million times on my phone. Once you got the hang of it, it was pretty simple. I was just shocked he had actually screamed like a little girl and nearly caused our deaths by making Gage swerve off the road.

Then Gage broke the silence again, "Andy, what do you think Agent Harris is going to talk to us about?"

I sighed, knowing my friends would be curious just like I was, "Well, he's most likely going to brief us on Phase 2. He could possibly give us more information on the Bureau too, you never know."

In reality I had not a clear idea of what we could discuss during the meeting, it could range from a lot of possibilities. I was hoping he would give us some insight on Agent Boyd and the Protection Bureau, and why exactly we had to drive there rather than fly. I mean a three to four day trip, seriously?

I knew they had a reason, but I was just clueless on what it was.

"You think we'll run into any heat on the way?"

I looked at him through the rearview mirror, wondering why he was worrying about that, of all things. The trip was the least of our concerns, it was avoiding coming into contact with an infected person that was carrying the BD3. If any of them caught it... I honestly wouldn't know what to do.

Thinking about losing even one of them would devastate me, and I knew they were at risk of contracting the disease. The BD3 was getting really bad up north, and we were heading right into that direction.

~ ~ ~ ~

"I'm starving."

"Max, you're always 'starving'," Gage retorted, glancing at the GPS and seeing how much longer we had to go. "Not much farther, just a couple more miles to go."

I leaned back in my chair, I was restless. We had been in this car since 12:00 and it was now almost 6:00. I was never the one for long car rides either, and sleep refused to relieve me the entire way.

Gage turned off of the highway and I saw a sign that read, "Welcome to Columbia, South Carolina!" and instantly felt relieved that we were almost there. Avery was still sleeping but soon I would wake her up, knowing we would have to unload and get ready for our meeting.

I saw the tall buildings that were lit up in the distance, it looked quite magnificent. The sun was starting to set but it was still day light, and I wondered where our hotel would be.

We continued making our way to the hotel and finally I saw it come into view. I had never been so excited to see a hotel but let me tell you, I was ready to be out of this car.

Gage pulled into a parking spot and I nudged Avery awake, smiling lightly as her eyes took me in. She stretched her arms and legs, "Are we here already?"

I nodded, "Yes."

She smiled at me and then let herself out of the car, following the rest of us to the back of the Tahoe to retrieve our travel bags. We followed Gage into the hotel that was actually pretty nice. They had a lounge room and what looked to be a bar, two sets of elevators and a coffee shop.

Gage spoke, "I have two room reservations under Gage Davidson."

The petite woman typed away on her computer, her tiny framed glasses sitting on the edge of her nose. She was older, maybe in her early 50s, and then she handed us our room keys, "There you go Mr. Davidson."

He turned to us and handed me our room key and we walked to the elevator. Our rooms were on the third floor, which wasn't too bad, and we waited inside the elevator patiently. Max spoke, "Is anyone else semi-nervous about this meeting?"

Gage responded, "I think we're all a little nervous about this meeting, Max."

The doors opened, allowing us to walk out of the elevator and down the narrow hallway of the hotel. We soon found our rooms that were adjacent with each other and Gage spoke, "You're gonna come get us right?"

I nodded, "Yea, just kind of freshen up, he's going to call us once he's made it."

The two boys nodded and made their way into their room and disappeared. I slid the key in and waited for the little red light to turn green, and then pushed the door open eagerly. The bed was white and fluffy, just like every other hotel seemed to have. I dropped my bag on the ground and turned to Avery, who was all too eager to try out our bed for the night.

Soon her plush, pink lips sealed mine, which tasted of fresh mint gum. My butt came into contact with the bed first, and then Avery continued to push me down onto the white bed spread. She climbed on top of me, wedging her legs underneath mine as her kisses trailed along my jaw.

I had no idea where this was coming from but I couldn't ignore the fact that my heart was slamming against my rib cage. I felt completely exhilarated as her hands made their way up my shirt and cupped my breasts, causing a stifled moan to escape my throat.

She smiled at my playfully after releasing me from a kiss, "The only thing I'm looking forward to, at this very moment, is tonight when I'm finally alone with you."

I blushed slightly, "Avery, I'm just as excited as you are."

~ ~ ~ ~

Banging on Max and Gage's door I spoke, "C'mon, he's waiting for us."

Agent Harris had called not even a minute ago, claiming that he would be down stairs near the bar waiting for us. I figured since there was nothing special going on the lobby of the hotel would be nearly empty, giving us perfect secrecy to discuss any confidential topics.

I was eager of course, and a little nervous, but I was trying my best to keep my cool. Max had changed into nice jeans and a polo shirt, Gage in the same attire except with khaki slacks. Avery and I had changed into more presentable clothes as well, and fixed our hair and makeup too.

Now we were heading downstairs to finally meet someone who worked for the protection Bureau, and who would hopefully give us more information.

Everyone remained silent in the elevator as I watched the glowing buttons at the top of the door light up and dwindled down to one. The familiar ding of the elevator reaching the lobby brought me out of my trance, and I realized everyone was waiting for me to step out.

I immediately spotted him, coffee cup in hand with a thin manila folder sitting on a decent sized wooden table. He was wearing a more casual attire with a button up and tie, but he too looked as if he had been traveling all day.

He spotted us and soon stood, revealing his tall legs and black slacks. His tan skin and angular jaw gave him a business man type look as his styled black hair made him seem more presentable. He was a stunning man, and suddenly I was curious if he too had a super power like Max and I.

And if he did, I couldn't physically touch him or I would obtain it.

He extended him strong hand in front of him as we became a foot apart, speaking, "Andrea Brock, nice to meet you."

I felt awkward as I didn't return him shake, raising my hand in embarrassment, "Not to be rude Agent Harris, but I can't touch you unless you let me know if you have a super power."

He smiled, revealing perfect teeth that were so white they glowed. He shook his head, "I'm afraid I don't Andrea, I'm one of the few agents who are completely human."

I smiled in victory, grabbing his hand, "Well then, good to meet you."

We sat at the table and I watched Agent Harris cross his legs and fold his hands together, "Want to explain why you did that in the first place?"

I knew this question was going to be asked, I just didn't expect it to happen so soon. I looked nervously at my friends and then back at Agent Harris, realizing everyone was going to find out one way or another.

"I had Power Absorption."

I had said it bluntly, realizing there was no sense in beating around the bush. If he was a good agent he would know what that meant already without me having to explain it to him. He leaned forward in his seat eagerly then, "Power Absorption?"

I nodded, knowing he was obviously told short a couple of details about me, "The whole reason I'm going through this process is to help find a cure for the BD3, because I can heal."

He seemed shocked but still apparently stable as he unfolded his manila folder, "Well, I must get on with my part on explaining what you're to do next then." He had a picture of a map, hotel, and just little things that seemed unimportant, after all the most important stage would be Phase 3, where we would meet Agent Roget Boyd himself.

"Phase 2 you and your friends will travel up to Charleston, West Virginia where you will meet with Agent, or should I say, Doctor Henson. He will give you information on the disease and vaccinate your friends with a shot that will hopefully prevent contraction of the BD3 disease. He'll also direct you to Agent Boyd who will complete your travel and finish out Phase 3."

It seemed short and sweet, simple even, and I knew our meeting was meant to be brief and painless. I nodded, "Sounds easy enough, Agent Harris."

He folded him manila folder and smiled, "This was the easy Phase, I'm just happy I got to meet you. You were quite the talk of the Bureau, I just had no idea who you were and what you're capable of."

I tilted my head in curiosity, "Talk of the Bureau?"

He nodded lazily, taking a sip of his coffee in the process, "Yes, everyone's eager to meet you and get to work to finally find a cure for this damned disease."

I felt anger and sadness well up in my chest thinking of all the people who had already died from the BD3. I questioned, "It's bad up there, isn't it?"

He set his coffee down, piercing his lips and drawing an invisible circle on the table, "Yes, it's getting pretty bad."

Then suddenly he lifted a briefcase on the table and packed up the manila folder, looking at me and my friends. He seemed to have to go but I knew we had hours till we would actually go to sleep.

Why exactly had I been nervous about this meeting?

He shook my hand once more, "Nice to meet you Andrea, I hope to see you at the Bureau in a couple of days."

I smiled warmly, knowing he was probably a busy man, "You too Agent Harris."

Then he waved us off, disappearing out of the double glass doors and into the night.

I turned to my friends who were staring at me curiously, allowing Max to get a finally word in.

"So, can we eat now?"

***A/N***

So sorry it took forever for an update guys, I've been sorta busy -_-, I'm trying the best I can though! The stories just getting started to stay tuned to find out more about this Bureau and how Andy's trip is going to go! Happy reading, and please VOTE and COMMENT if you enjoyed it, I love reading what you guys have to say.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220 1 30
this story is about a new team of the valiant universe. it consist of Dakota Jennings aka bloodhound. he's half loa half human with a special aflicti...
592K 18.9K 60
Olivia Hansen is perfect. At least, that's what everyone thinks of her. She maintains her busy schedule by following routines and setting rules for h...
1.9K 69 15
Andy Warthorn is a bright light. And like a moth drawn to a flame, Jia Greene - closeted lesbian - follows her, hoping one day she'll get close enoug...
277K 12.5K 22
~COMPLETED~ Brooklyn White is convinced by one of her good friends Kate to tag along on their road trip to a hunting camp up in North Dakota. She onl...