Behind you #Wattys2014

By Ilovefingerprints

The car pulled up closer and closer, I squint to look at my new house. My heart stops when I lay my eyes on i... More

Behind you
Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty- one
Chapter twenty- two
Chapter twenty- three
Chapter twenty- four
Chapter twenty- five
Chapter twenty- six
Chapter twenty- seven
Chapter twenty- eight
Chapter twenty- nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty- one
Chapter thirty- two
Chapter thirty- three
Chapter thirty- four
Chapter thirty- five
Chapter thirty- six
Chapter thirty- seven
Chapter thirty- eight
Chapter thirty- nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty- one
Chapter forty- two
Chapter forty- three
Chapter forty- four
Chapter forty- five
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Note

Chapter ten

553 23 13
By Ilovefingerprints

The partying was wild. Looks like, Kimberly has a different definition on the word, wedding, since I feel like I'm wearing a pink dress at a night club. Most of Kimberly's friends, including Katelyn are wearing black 'rock' t- shirts, ripped jeans, or black skirts with fishnet tights.

"Uh, Molly and Alicia?" We both turn around, Kimberly is glaring at us, she's not even dressed like a bride, she's wearing a jewel top black strapless dress that goes right above her thighs, fishnet tights, and black heels.

"What do you want?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"Looks like your mother really doesn't know me, she dressed you guys like this?"

"Yeah." I answer.

"Wow.... Lose the pony tail." Kimberly scrunches up her nose. Well, that wasn't so bad, I never really liked the French braid. "And," She hands us both a shopping bag from Hot Topic. "Go change."

"Alright." Alicia takes our bags and heads to the girl's bathroom.

"I never imagined Cole's wedding, like this." Alicia whispers to me, as soon as we're alone.

"I don't think he likes it." I take my bag from her. "It doesn't matter, he changed a lot ever since he met Kimberly."

"I agree." I watch Alicia pull out her outfit, her brown eyes widen. "Uh, does Kim really expect us to change into... these?" I look at the black t shirt in her hands, with a super short skirt, and fishnet tights. "I think I'm too young."

"It's just a day." I sigh, and take out my outfit. Alicia looks at my ripped jeans.

"Can we switch? You're older than me, you can wear the fishnet tights."

"Well-" I'm definitely going to feel like a gang member or something, but for Alicia... "Fine, fine." My sister slips on the ripped jeans, and black t- shirt. I pull the black t- shirt on, but hesitate when I really notice how short this skirt is.

It's too short.

"You know what? I'm going to wear my dress, it's... appropriate."

"Are you guys done?" Kimberly walks in. "Much better." She says to Alicia. "Hurry up with your tights, Molly," She grabs the bag with my dress in it away from me.

_______________________________________________________

We held hands everywhere we went, I couldn't imagine the repercussion of losing track of her. Alicia and I were surrounded at our table. It's not anyone cares about us, they just surround us, because they have to, there's so many people trying to dig to that wedding cake, this room is full.

A white light flashes. It burns my eyes a little. I constantly pull my skirt down, trying to cover up as much of my thighs as possible.

"Where is Cole, anyway?" Alicia leans over and asks, over the loud music.

"Probably mobbed by Kimberly's fans." I shout back, it's meant to be whispered but nobody can hear, anyways. The light flashes again.

"Ow!" Alicia groans. "What is that?"

"I have no idea, but here, it seems to me that anything can be happening."

"I think I want to leave." Alicia dumps the last piece of her cake into the nearby trash can.

"I think that's quite impossible." I say, staring at the crowd. Katelyn walks by, the first time I've seen someone I actually know, since we escaped that bathroom. The light flashes, this time so strong, I choke on my cake.

"Stop doing that Blondie!" Katelyn shouts at me. "I've been meaning to tell you!"

"It's not me!" I cry, putting my empty hands up in the air.

"Stop it, Acacia." Katelyn turns to Alicia. 

"It's not me." She says, not bothering to correct Katelyn's name choice.

"It's one of you, the lights been flashing right on you two!" Just as the words leave Katelyn's mouth, the light flashes again, people look over, disturbed, and glares at us. It flashes again.

"Hey yo, little girl, give me whatever ya usin to git attenshon." This drunk dude with a lot of piercing says and holds out his hand to me.

"I'm.... innocent." I try, and grab Alicia's arm. But there is no way to get out, and soon all eyes are on us. I glare at them, Alicia just shrugs.

That's when my hearts stops, and my breathing slows, my mind seems to be realizing fast. I start to move my feet and open my mouth, even though it's completely useless.

"Hey, Kimberly's acting weird!" I suddenly hear, I whip around to see her, standing next to Cole, she looks really...... nice.

"Is she okay?!" Katelyn runs over to her sister.

"I'm fine." Definitely, not Kimberly.

"She's fine!" I push through the crowd, quickly telling my sister to wait for me. I walk over to Kimberly. "Please, get out of her." I lower my voice. "Eleanor. I promise I won' be mad if you leave, now."

"But Molly, I've always wanted to be a bride, my chance is long gone, and your brother's really cute."

"Please."

"I didn't know that weddings these days are so different."

"Eleanor, now."

"It was so hard to get in her, those flashes almost gave away, please Molly, I don't want to leave. I'm not even hurting her!" I don't know what to say, I start to become speechless.

"Molly, what are you doing" Cole asks, glaring at me.

"Nothing." I step back, heart beating fast. "Eleanor, go home, please!"

"Her name is Kimberly." My heart stops completely, I didn't know that my brother could hear so well. People around us are resuming their partying, Katelyn as well, after she saw that her sister was physically fine.

"I- I know."

"And don't tell her to go home." He says. I stare at Kimberly's beautiful wedding ring, while taking deep breaths, in out, in out, in out. "This has something that has to do with your secret, correct?"

"I don't have a secret." The white light flashes. "Thank you." I whisper, but when I look at Kimberly, I can tell that she isn't back yet.

"What is going on?" Cole asks me. 

"What do mean?' I asks.

"I mean, her." He says, and I look behind me, my mother walks over, smirking at me.

"Um..."

"Hey pretty little blonde." She takes a strand of my hair in her hand. "I'm so glad to see you again!"

"Uh.. Mrs. Abramson?"

"Right you are! I'm so popular, huh?"

"Is Shane here? Your husband?" I stammer.

"No, I knew that Eleanor was up to something, so I followed her."

"Well, can you like go away now?"

"Oh, so someone's not very happy to see me."

"Oh no, we can chat later, I just want to keep your secret, a secret." I tell her, shivering.

"Molly." I can feel my brother's hand on my arm.

"Oh, maybe I should've brought one of them, to shut your brother up."  Then, with a flash of white light, she's gone. My mother looks confused.

"You're fine." I say. Kimberly looks at me, just as confuse. "You're fine too," I mutter. I start to walk away.

"Molly, you haven't answered me yet." Cole says.

"We can chat later." I head back to the table I was at, which is no longer surrounded.

"Creepy girl." Kimberly snorts behind me.

I ignore her and walk on, just in time to see Alicia in danger. She's texting on her phone, as this guy sneaks some white dissolving powder into her drink. Did he just put sugar in the wrong cup? I think. I look closer at the powder, before it's completely faded, then at the guy's smirk, as he keeps an eye on Alicia, while leaning on the counter next to her. Alicia brings the cup to her lips.

"Wait!" I call out. But it's too late, I watch the liquid enter mouth, hearing me, she puts the cup down, but the drug works instantly, her brown eyes turn glassy, and she puts her head down on the table. "No!" A chill settles in me, as I start to regret not recognizing the Rohypnol, or leaving her alone in the first place. I nudge her. I have no idea what's going to happen. She doesn't move at all. "Come on!" I whisper into her ear. "You can do this, Alicia! I'll try to get us home, okay?" That's when I happen to look up at the dangerous guy again. He looks more than annoyed about having his plan messed up.

"Hey Girl, I don't think you can do anything here, your friend's just..... Tired." He says.

"I know what you did." I say.

"No way."

"Shut up!" I scream, and use my arm to protect Alicia as much as I can. Realizing that I may turn him in, the guy reaches over, pinches me hard on the hip, and leaves. I try to remember him, as the stinging pain settles in. I lift up the rim of my shirt, to see the red mark. At least you saved Alicia from getting abducted. I think to myself.

I try to haul Alicia out of the room, but she's heavier than I thought. I look around, but no one I know is here, and I know that searching for Mom or my brother is useless, ad there's no way I will leave Alicia alone again, and I can't take her with me. I slowly drag Alicia out the emergency door, at the back of the room.

I have no choice but to drag her home, we came here in Mom's car, and I don't have her keys. It’s too late to try and find Mom. I flick on my phone to check the time- it's midnight. Alicia starts giggling.

"IIIII dddonnnn'ttt knnnnoooow youuuu, butt youuuu takinnn meeee." She stops and scrapes her hands on the sidewalk until it bleeds, she starts laughing over the blood that oozes out. She scrapes some more.

"Stop that!" I shout. I pick up both of her arms and try to drag her again, she starts telling me random things.

"Attt myyy oldddd housssseee, IIII likedddd ittt betteerrr." She said.

"I agree." I say.

"Cannnn I tell youuuu a secrettt?"

"Yes, of course." I answer, out of breath.

"IIII have aaa sisssster named Mooollly."

"Good that you remember me, but how's that a secret?" I say, sweating, we're almost home. I think myself.

"Stttrannngerrr?"

"Yes?"

"IIi don'ttt feelll goood."

"We're almost home, sweetheart," I try to be as kind to her as possible, I never dealt with a drugged person before, and I'm very nervous. What if that guy catches up to us? He'll kill me, kill her, my house isn't all that safe, if he's following us, he can crash in through the kitchen window, and slaughter us. I shiver violently.

"Finally, found you guys, need some help?" At the sound of the voice, I let out an ear piercing scream. "Molly! It’s just me!"

"Oh... Eleanor, you scared me again.."

"Sorry, your sister looks like she's in a pretty bad condition, huh? Mind if I go in her body again? I can help her walk all the way home, and I got information, about that guy who drugged her."

"What!? How?"

"Just had to become one of his friends, easy."

"Thank you! Tell me at home!" Alicia starts making clogged sounds. "You will be fine." I whisper to her. The white light flashes. Alicia stands up. "Eleanor is he following us?" I ask.

"No, he's still at the party, don't worry," She assures me. Probably looking for a next victim...

_______________________________________________________

Once we got into the house, I bandaged Alicia's hands and applied medicine. She whimpered and tried to shove away, as I brought her to her room.

I knew there was no way I could sleep that night. We were alone home for quite a while. I snuck into the room with the bodies. This time, I avoided looking at them, I start to look at the things around them, things I've never noticed before, while I was so busy paying attention to the bodies.

I notice a book, a journal actually, thrown in a quiet corner. I pick it up, trying to read the dusty cover with the little light coming in from the side window. It’s a girl's handwriting. She never even told me what her last name was.

Diary of Eleanor McAllister.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

504 23 19
[COMPLETED] "If you let me leave now, I won't tell anyone what you did sir..." I grumbled, and he smirked a little, as if it was a hilarious joke. "L...
8.7K 236 38
This story has some parts that may be disturbing for some sensitive readers, viewer discretion is advised.(lol) The hauntings at the house started be...
898 245 26
Everyone called the old house haunted, yet Bash was surprised to find it was true. What he learns from the spirit he meets opens his eyes to a world...
2.8K 347 14
The dead typically want one of two things. Ghosts crave conversation. Spirits seek pain. My name is Bria, and I've been able to interact with the de...