Someone's Forever

By NeelamMenghani

*Long Listed for Wattys 2018* E-Awards 2017 Winner *Best Hooked Story * *COMPLETED* Life, love, hate and b... More

Someone's Forever
Prologue
1. Goodbye Normal, Hello Miracle
2. Let The Mystery Begins
3. Past, Present and Future
4. A Vow to Protect
5. Questions, Confusions and Amusements
6. Test of Patience
7. Deal that sealed Our Destiny
8. Consequences of Negligence
9. A Night of Dilemma
10. Faith and Myth
11. Enlightening Darkness
12. Breeze of Change
13. His Pain, His Relief
14. Old Pain, New Wounds
15. Shock One After the Other
16. Morning Mayhem
17. Stepping in the Arena
18. Calling out the Soul
19. Chaotic Afternoon
20. Just a Glimpse
21. An Evening Maze
22. A Little Further
23. A Spark in the Dark
24. And He Found Her
25. Conflicting Deception
26. Do Not Speak
27. Ancient Legends
28. Arrival of the Grey Sky
30. Meeting Mr. Mycroft
31. To Save the King
32. Check'Mate'
33. Defiance in Acceptance
34. Losing Her Chance
35. A Call from 'Treasure of Heart'
36. A Walk Unexpected
37. A Meet to Remember
38. Curve of Guidance
39. Conceptual Claws
40. Instinctive Step
41. Healing Wound
42. Webbing Deep
43. Reiterating History
44. Turned Table
45. Expectations Unexpected
46. You are Not Alone
47. Assurance from Guardian
48. Reaching the Surface
49. 'V' for A V
50. Lost and Found
51. 'Queen of Hearts'
52. Marvelous Majestic Meet
53. Old Rust but Gold
54. The Will of Time
55. Two Purposes, One Arrow
56. Apart from You
57. Mystery and Miracle
58. A Celebration so Special
59. Hide and Steal
60. You and Us
61. The Night Falls
62. Trust is Essential
63. Tussle to Throne
64. A Word with Divergent
The Slave
65. Your Answer awaits You
66. Privilege of Acceptance
67. Two Names in One Breath
68. Fire: A Lethal Game
69. Peace and Storm
70. Sweat in Smirk
71. The Mate Bond
72. Shield Defends, Sword Attacks
73. Heard Unsaid
74. Rational Rage
75. BitterSweet Sky
76. Defeated Victory
77. Knows More than Told
78. Desperate Diversion
79. Fragile Trust
80. Gust of Rush
81. Howling Heart, Quiet Eyes
82. Damsel in Despair
83.1 Dark of Light: Alicia
83.2 The Rising Dawn: Alicia
83.3 Balance of Nature: Alicia
84.1 The Preface of Pain
84.2 This Finally Concludes
85.1 Sparks & Pains
85.2 Is Pain an end?
86.1 Always Behind of You
86.2 Behind the Maze
87.1 Sealed Secret
87.2 A Fate Sealed
88. The Rise of New Dawn
89. Closer and Far Away
Whispers of Forever
Someone's Forever
Sacrifices of Sapphire

29. Closer to Appraisal

4.5K 260 48
By NeelamMenghani

Surprise!! Surprise!!

Update!!

For you, MeenakshiRawat Thank You.... For everything....

***

"Everyone who achieves success in a great venture solves each problem as they came. They helped themselves and they were helped through powers known and unknown to them at the time they set out on their voyage. They keep going regardless of the obstacles they meet."

– W. Clement Stone

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Arrival of the Grey Sky]

Niera's POV

Why I had to cross her path? Why I couldn't just keep walking for my destination? I mentally chided myself.

Forgetful duffer, she crossed your path, not you. Keep your memory in check. Mind lambasted with a sharp frown.

As the logic surfaced inside my mind, I snapped back my gaze at her. She was still imitating goldfish; the rim of her spectacles is now wet from her tears.

"What are you doing here?" I asked tersely. Taking no nonsense this time, hoping she would at least answer this.

"I—I I—was I—I work here." She rasped out.

"That is perspicuous Miss. Now why you were here?" I asked again, stifling my anger.

"Because my boss called me." She replied making me grind my teeth.

She is so naïve.

Yes, go adopt her. Dufus, focus. A tiny aggressive part snapped.

"And who is your boss?"

"W—Why?"

Because I'll set him/her behind the bars for recruiting someone so nervous and not so right in mind like you.

"What?!" she shrieked; for the first I heard her voice, without concentrating much.

Did I said that loud?

"Please don't him behind the bars; I'll serve you coffee and homemade cupcakes. I'll share my lunch—No I'll give you my entire lunch. Please don't do this." She pleaded, letting her tears to fall freely like a stream. Her grip on the calendar book loosen, it fall on her foot while she joined her hands in pleading.

Super crap! Why I had to keep floating in raw emotions. Duffer mouth.

Now my prime task was to keep this sobbing doll under emotional control but how.

You know what? Just work and stop thinking.

"Stop right there. Please, just stop doing that. I—I won't set him behind the bars." I said with utmost sincerity I could show through my words.

"Promise?" she asked, hope glimmering in her eyes.

"Ye—"

"What's the matter here?" my words were cut off abruptly with a growling interruption.

Not strange enough, I found this voice very much annoyingly familiar.

The girl trembling on her knees went on a quick earthquake mode as her eyes widened through the spectacles.

She bent down to retrieve her fallen calendar book as well as wiping off her tear stains from her face and spectacles while I took my time to turn and meet someone who gave me a repelling impression from the first meet.

There standing leisurely in all his glory was Mr. McCoy. Hands crossed over his chest, body leaning over the glass wall while mouth moving in a circular motion giving him an apt description of a bull in the shelter but no insults for the creature.

"Miss. Interesting, how nice to see you here." He greeted, in his dramatic demeanor.

What an awful progress of the day....

***

NIERA'S POV

When life gives you problems, you should embrace them. Running and hiding isn't the solution but fighting with strength is.

That's what wise people say.

Perhaps, they never met Mr. McCoy and Miss. Misty Dumbfound together, otherwise they must had the same 'leave them and run for sanity' words for wisdom for us to learn.

Shut up! You don't have to proof your idiocy all the time!

"Miss. Interesting, how nice to see you here." He greeted, in his dramatic demeanor.

I chose to stand shut, taking another round of the surrounding through my eyes for any human with sane brains for intrusion and possible help but praise my luck no one was lurking around.

Now I'm seriously considering asking Sir Gerard if people just work here or sleep in the comfort of their AC cabins and desks.

Miss. Drama, forget about them and concentrate on these two inane yet annoying creatures.

He took small leisure steps toward us, shoving his hands in his vest pockets in the most carefree manner.

"What happened?" he asked once he was standing between, eyeing me with such interest that for moment, I felt myself standing on a gallery display.

The dumbfounded girl flinched at his words taking two steps backward, sweating profusely while all I could do was scowling at her actions.

"Si—Sir th—" she tried to stutter but her efforts went in vain when Mr. McCoy disregarded her completely showering all his attention solely on me.

"Miss. Interesting, may I know how you are feeling?" he asked me, taking a brief inspecting gaze over my body and boiling my heated mind.

But when I cleared the fog of anger and agitation, I found a lucid glimpse of concern in his eyes.

Was it really, or I just imagined it.

Lately, you're imagining too much, dear precious. I guess it's time for you to book a room in mental asylum for yourself. Conscience had to be sarcastic every time.

Dusting away my grudges from the past, I took his words in consideration before nodding, "I'm feeling fine. Thank you." I replied, stretching my lips to form a tight smile.

Pleased by my answer, he nodded; his face dramatically blank but the one with assessing eyes can catch his eyes talking.

"What happened?" he breathed on my face, taking out his hand from his pocket.

My frustration level is rising to another level and soon you'll have a punch on your face if you don't take a willful step back. I thought to answer but then it certainly won't look cordial and professional.

"You. Why are you here?" he directed his question toward the trembling doll who went on new hula hula dance style once his words reached her with his strong penetrating gaze.

That's what I was asking her?

Why is she trembling like, she is facing the evil spirit from some horror movie?

She reacted the same when she approached you, isn't she?

Perhaps, it's her normal way to greet people.

"Sir—I—– was here to—to—"

"Hush! Sweetie I can't read your stuttering mind. Stay calm." He calmly cut her off resulting in her gaping at him whilst nodding incredulously at his command.

I could only gasp then rolls my eyes at his choice of words.

After that it was all in blur fast forwarded vision when within three seconds, she took a long whip of AC air in her lungs to perhaps calm herself down and he gave her a glare before piercing her gaze with his cold penetrating one.

Any expert words?

Um! Never mind.

Once this staring competition ended which was quite a time, almost next five seconds, the girl looked like she gained weight as she was not juggling on her feet and Mr. McCoy's face had a deep frown plastered on his face.

Like he is flabbergasted on what he found.

My valid question is what he found in her tears drenched eyes?

"You are here to see her and ask for her well being." He stated, shooting steel daggers at her while she just nodded frantically.

I wonder why?

Don't you think your question should be 'How'? conscience seethed.

"And you haven't, till now." He continued while she resumed her nodding task.

My eyes widened at the density of his words or his reading gaze which got so much accurate information on her.

Is she this much readable open book or he has some psychic powers to read minds. I found myself asking mentally.

My vote for the first one, someone like her plays a perfect open book for someone intimidating like him.

A logical play of power and authority, I perceive.

"And why is that?" he whispered getting close to her while she did her best not to run like a frightened frog.

"I—I I—I was a—about t—to a—ask h—her but t—then she s—started sh—shouting at me and t—threatened to put b—boss b—behind t—the b—b—bars." She could came up with such long sentence in one go, I'm impressed with the girl.

Idiot! Stop praising her and see the meaning in her words. You're so gone baby panda. Sanity tasked in an irking manner.

"That Joker should be put behind the bars for being alive no doubts in that, I'm glad Miss. Interesting feels the same way. By the way, on what grounds, Miss. Interesting recruit?" he asked after a lengthy appraisal on her words. His eyes crashed on me seeking something, flint but firm yet blank and sparkling.

"I didn't mean that and now if you excuse me I would like to take your leave." I announced, my mind already drained with this mental exercise.

My wrist was throbbing, screaming for attention and I chose to attend it rather than being with a hopeless case of naivety and her innocent etiquette for proving herself innocent.

"Not so fast Miss. William." He interrupted raising a hand in air in my direction, halting my further steps.

I met my blazing gaze with him to which he flaunted his oh this is routine for me kind one.

Now I'm seriously considering throwing a direct punch on his pancreas.

Think twice, last time you made such violent plan resulting your elbow bruised.

Considering it was Jerry's Liver, it was lenient to your elbow; this man's pancreas won't be kind to your knuckles.

He turned his head toward her, "You. Get lost." He barked orders at her which resulted in her jerked backward before running off to the other direction.

"What is it Mr. McCoy? Step aside. You're blocking my way." I threw him an angry glare while exasperation took away my civility. To which, he chose to continue with his dark penetrating yet evaluating gaze.

"I'll leave your way Miss. William. As soon as you answer me, you're free to leave." He responded.

With the look in his eyes and confidence in his face, I really doubt, he's going to put a step back. Subconscious commented.

I agree. I don't think it'll be an appreciating step to stretch this baseless conflict and attract controversies. You're already in deep Niera. Sanity enunciated, putting some sense in me.

Agreeing to the thoughtful lecture of my inner self, I gave Mr. McCoy a vexatious glare.

"What should I answer you?" I asked; crossing my arms across my chest in a determined manner.

"What happened between you two?" he asked straight away, not wasting time in creating an interrogatory ambience.

I frowned at his words but inside I was shocked to core hearing his words.

"Excuse me?!" I tried best to look surprised and honestly I was.

"Stop over reacting. I can read your face, anger is oozing out from you in thick waves, and you're barely keeping your calm demeanor whereas your fingers are digging in insides your palms punishing them brutally. Now cut the crap and spill." He stated, keeping a stern gaze over me.

I mentally cringed at his announcement.

Was I this transparent to be read?

"No I read minds and yours' is... complicated I must add." He answered eyeing me top to bottom.

Okay!

Queer:- understatement.

Creep:- much better.

"There—there was nothing. She came and patted on my shoulder. But when I tried to talk she went in all lost in the jungle mode and before I could ask further, you arrived." I went with partial truth. Since I knew I have no proofs on her doings and her innocent frame was a negative point for me in this matter. I pursed my lips in thin line at this.

"Are you sure, this is it and there is no hollow openings Miss." He asked in a no nonsense business tone, like performing his task.

His penetrating eyes and sharp words told me, he smelled something fishy between that girl and me and he wants me to spill the canned beans on a glass platter for him but if he thinks I'm this easy to handle then he has utterly eccentric storm is coming.

"She is strange." I commented, glancing at the direction where she vanished in thin air. My mind once again reliving the painful moments when she was almost twisting my wrist. Her demeanor was flint and hard while she was causing me pain but in another second, it switched to a frightened frog under the headlight.

Frightened deer, I guess.

Not for her. My instincts said, not for her.

"She is. I'll make sure she won't cross your path ever again." He murmured, nodding instinctively; apparently more to himself then me causing me to scowl but I chose not to ask further.

"By the way, where are you heading Miss. Interesting?" and there his annoying twitching demeanor is back which a fresh force. And that stupid name... Argh!

About the query, I don't see where it concerns him.

"Honey, what you do in this building is my concern." He chuckled and I gritted my teeth in utter rage.

"May I ask how?"

"NO." he uttered; mouthing the 'O' with an extra dramatic effect before chuckling.

"Then I'll take your leave, thank you Mr. McCoy." I announced on his face. Throwing a last glance at him, I made my way to the elevators but then again I felt a presence behind me.

Perhaps, he is not going to leave me alone in peace.

When a volcano of patience nearly exploded inside me, I took a brisk turn on my heels to teach some sense in Mr. McCoy but my teaching toasted in turmoil when my eyes found thin air around.

My fury filled eyes were forced to frown at the sight; the vast corridor was vacant with no sign of life around.

Not a new thing, you have seen it already but new thing to ponder is where did Mr. McCoy went?

That to this fast.

For a moment, I cradled the thought if he is hiding somewhere but I discarded that thought as it came, it was too childish to even consider.

Perhaps, he is gone in some close distance rooms. Mind cocooned a theory.

But then why I felt someone's presence behind me?

You're over thinking. Perhaps the aftermath of morning accident. Subconscious mused.

Taking the words of subconscious, I threw the incoherent thoughts away from the active part of my mind in a trash can, to dwell later and switching back to no nonsense mode, I made my way to the elevator.

The two lavishing copper silver metal doors greeted me at a distance. The metallic shine of the doors was shimmering in the glory of artificial lights arranged in the most efficient manner. But as the eyes rise to capture the full fledged image in mind, the top crown of the door show me something which was somehow couldn't miss from my, apparently any eye of this land.

The great magnificent ever present A V. however, this time it was just the A V and not accompanying with the enchanting filigree design.

Strange but not the first time. A V is mostly woven in a fragile yet twisted filigree design that's what I discern from different picks but in this entire building structure, the A V is shining proudly but not on the bed of filigree. Like standing out on its own alive, strong and discreet.

One nexus of the world.

Shrugging off my evaluation mode, I gave a brisk stare to the symbol, identity of this land before pressing the elevator button to call the metal box.

The obedient metal box arrived with a ding on my command and I praised the lifeless metal room for considering my request in a short call.

The door split in the mid, opening. It was not a shock for me to find the box empty. For certain noticeable reasons:-

A) There is a considerable amount of lift working in the building.

B) I see elevator working but seems like employees are on strike.

Seriously, where do these people work? I understand thirty floor plus three story basements but still someone should lurk around with a folder or file or coffee, snacks or at least AC remote control or something in their hand.

In which kind of office people wander around with an AC remote control Miss. Duffer?

Not all but some do.

You. Better. Drown. Yourself. In. Pacific. Ocean.

But my question is still there, where the heck they work in some underground tunnel or in wall holes? Because certainly there is no one in this corridor, enormous hall and my cabin's adjacent rooms apart from Jerry's.

I wander why he changed his cabin...

Stepping inside the waiting metal box; I searched for the control panel. When I found one, I pressed the key for the top floor which was twenty ninth floor with sweaty palms.

What a minute, the vast building has thirty floor, right? I found myself asking.

Yes! But then why this panel has only twenty nine keys?

Perhaps, people have to take stairs for thirtieth floor. But why?

Stop building sandcastles without water and get out of this lift. I was kicked out of my reverie when sanity informed me of the lift's arrival to the designated floor.

Rubbing my sweaty palms from the helpful napkin in my pocket, I took a step out of the lift while my eyes took in the scenario. The floor looked different with different angle, as last time I came with Jerry through another lift and this time the entrance scene is different or to be honest a bit puzzling.

Sweet cheek, stop your astonishment evaluation and start searching for the front desk.

Taking the sane words in consideration, I made my way ahead in search of the front desk, while my eyes didn't recant from observing the sophisticated look of the floor. Specially, the CCTV cameras that were gawking at my every move.

I still wonder, if they have a non-disclose-able international security contract with World Bank. Only that can justify this kind of sky high techs and equipped security in the place. Don't forget the Siren event. The security is impeccable, in a brief.

Though, the whole building is a master piece of sheer majestic perfection but this floor has its own royal aura.

Grand Dominating... a pinch of Mr. Valentine...

No doubt this floor belongs to him. Corrections, this whole place as far as eyes can see, belongs to Mr. Royal Majesty.

"Good Morning, How may I help you?" a firm feminine professional voice pierced through my stream of thoughts, my thoughts screeched to a halt before sanity brought me back in real time.

Blinking out my daze, I realized that I'm standing in front of the reception desk, the same desk with the same lady behind, where I came last time with Jerry when Sir Gerard made the announcement of my joining the company.

If you weren't sauntering in daze, you would have realized where you're heading and now I must advise you should answer her before your thinking power again leave for vacation. Conscience put sense in me.

"Um... Hello, good morning." I greeted back politely; trying hard to keep my voice from wavering and in tack my firm professional demeanor because inside I was anything but calm.

Her face was a microscopic definition of stone face, mastered in blank expression. Decent formal attire with a considerable amount of makeup and accessories giving her a look of sophistication. A good match for this floor.

She smiled politely, waiting in silence for me to utter the reason for my arrival.

"May I know the reason of your arrival?" she asked once she perceives I was fighting in an internal turmoil.

No you can't because I'm in dilemma.

"Yes. You can." I responded which earned me a blank look from her.

"I'm here to see Mr. Black." I blurt the next moment.

Sorry to interrupt, but as far as I remember, you were here to meet Mr. Valentine. Weren't you? Subconscious scratched the back of the scalp.

Yes I was. But if I say this, she'll probably call security and they'll usher me out and back to twenty fifth floor. I responded deadpanned.

"You have the appointment?" she uttered the next query with a blank look.

Do I need to take appointment to meet the Chairperson's assistant?

"Apparently, yes. You do Miss." She replied in a firm tone.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that. Can you please contact him, I wish to speak to him." I requested.

Royalty Speaking...

"That you could have done through your desk Miss. But right now he must be busy as Majesty," she paused for a bow, "—needs his service."

I wish I knew the codes.

"They are available on every desks and cabins, Miss." She provided with a faint smile for my unsaid query.

Think again...

I must have said that loud.

"Can you please try, at least once?"

Never! Never in my life, I had to plead someone for a stupid appointment.

Mr. Valentine, god is watching.

"I'm sor—" she words struck in her mouth when a ding of the lift resonated around. Both our heads snapped at the elevator.

My mind sent direct prayers in heaven for sending some help to contact Mr. Valentine but my errant heart jumping in rib cage in pure excitement anticipating a 'particular' face while I stood in perplexity witnessing my bizarre diverse personality.

The door opened revealing a familiar face coming in our direction on wheel chair and my excitement did summersaults in sheer delight.

As the pair of black eyes rose ahead, they found us and then they widened, "Lun—Niera. Mi—Miss. William." He screeched from a distance.

Lun—Niera? Nice improvisation!! Isn't it?

Mr. Black did some moments on the control panel of his armrest and the chair jolted forward in an increased speed.

"L—Miss. William. You here?" he greeted before the folder in his lap fall in his swift moments, his head casted downward when he made the effort to collect his file and documents. But it somehow felt like a bow.

I crouched down to help him collecting the file.

"Que—Miss. William. Please, I—I will manage. It's fine." He panicked.

"No it's fine. It's done. Here" I collected the loose papers shattered at a distance and setting them up in my hands, I gave him with a smile. Thou, my smile faded in the slightest stretch when I saw his complex expressions.

What happened?

"N—no nothing. Nothing happened. Please don't bend."

Huh?

"You might suffer back pain from this impulsive bending. Yes. Back pain." His explanation was not at all explanatory; in fact it was... urgh! Leave it.

With a frowning face, I straightened up only to see the lady on the front desk gawking at us like she was something unusual.

Well you are an exception for usual.

"Good morning." I greeted him to with his facial muscles flinched, his frown crawled out leaving a stretched genuine amazed smile, he nodded in amazement before greeting back.

"What brought you here, if I must ask?" he asked politely; the smile from his cheeks wasn't wavering.

I wander why?

"I came to meet you." I blurt which gained me a puzzled face from him. I won't be lying when I say; those facial muscles were doing a lot of exercise today.

"Me? I'm honored Miss. William but May I know to what do I owe this honor." He uttered in interest and I felt flattered at his chivalry and his magic with words.

Such a gentle, polite and humble specie of man.

"Thank you. It was very kind of you." He stated and this time my facial muscles crumbled in the worst way.

I mentally gave pointed glare to myself while pointing out the points:

1) I said that very much loud.

2) I am starting to hate this kind word and its association with me.

Don't blame him; he is kind that's why he sees kindness in you.

Where my eyes did their best not to pop open in gaping mode, his smile reached to another stretched level, almost causing a canopy in his cheeks, well known as dimples.

Cute!

Clearing throat, he gave an expectant look, "So you were saying?"

Was I?

Apparently, yes. You were about to disclose your reason to 'see' him. Sanity reminded, sneered apparently.

"Oh! Yes. Yes. I—I came to meet you because I want to meet Mr. Valentine." I finally disclosed and my head snapped at the direction of clinking sound that came from the front desk beside me, the lady in professional firm attire was gawking at me while I suppose her mobile phone was resting on the floor which just slipped from her hand. As I can clearly see her hands cradling air in them.

"Majesty?"

I snapped my gaze back at Mr. Black who was waiting for me to stamp and seal my words with another affirmative nod which I did instinctively.

He tested my words for a while before forming a composed eye contact, "When?" he threw another query at me to dodge.

"How about now?" I responded, this time I guess landline receiver fall from her hands.

Keep going, at this rate she'll threw all the electronic gadgets in this hall in one day.

Courtesy:- You, Miss. Hurricane...

He cleared his throat again, "Now?" he asked unsure, his left hand fled toward his collar, fidgeting with it.

I call it an action of nervousness.

But anyway, I nodded energetically.

"See, I—" I knew he is about to brew another explanation on my face.

"Please, it's urgent." I didn't knew, if he is aware of my arrangement with his Boss, if not I was intended to keep it that way.

Thou, I highly doubt, if he knew as it was a crystal clear clause to keep this crucial piece of my true identity to be conceal but then again, he is Mr. Majesty's Assistant. There are high chances of him aware of the fact.

Nevertheless, I won't blurt out the real reason in front of six LED screens, twelve some CCTV cameras and two pair of eyes with one pair secured under the sharp glass rims.

Whatever, leave this conclusive deduction and concentrate on making him agree to meet Mr. Majesty.

"I know. But he is currently with a very important guest and I don't think it'll be a good idea to disturb him." He stated, apologetically.

The raw emotion of excitement, I was nestling in me from the moment, exciting than annoying flickers, felt like draining out from my veins with his apologetic announcement. I felt at a sudden loss of energy.

"Or maybe it will be a good idea." I frowned hearing this but my frown turns into a plastic smile when the meaning struck in my slow processing mind.

But it wasn't Mr. Black. Then?

My curious veins found answers when Dr. Baron exited the sapphire glass panel.

"Bambi!" Dr. Baron greeted me with his ever charismatic smile.

"She is here to meet Majesty." Mr. Black provided, his facial expressions equally baffled at Dr. Baron's announcement.

"Okay then, what are you waiting for? Come." He ushered me in while Mr. Black gave us an unsure quizzical look and the lady on the desk seems like about to fall on the LED screen to her right.

"But Royal Guardia—"

"Sir Gerard." Dr. Baron uttered the name and the wind of bafflement exited the floor through exhaust fans replacing the aromatic air of all queries answered fresh air.

"S—She is going on Majesty's floor?" She croaked out, taking the support of her chair to stand straight.

I suppose, people here need medical help. Almost each one.

"Yes. Apparently she is. Take care, Carla." Dr. Baron announced taking my hand in his with his charming smile leaving utterly baffled lady behind and Mr. Black tailing after us inside the sapphire tinted wall of glass. My eyes met with the same definition of royalty and sophistication in magnificence.

Again!

When my eyes were busy to drink the beauty of the interior, my mind set itself in a mid of a turmoil of past events, a thick tape of events from yesterday flashed in the back of my eyes. Series after series, I felt like reliving those moments, especially the moments in his arms, in his embrace.

How efficiently, he took away my panic, just with a touch of his electric palm. His words soothed my fears like healing my open wounds. How his simply calling me by name, gave me warmth of heaven, like seeping my soul.

When reality calls back, fantasy release the claws of imagination but this fantasy is seeping in my veins like blood.

Strange enough, every fiber in me craves to live this false fantasy.

"By the way Miss. William, can you please tell us the reason of your visit?" Mr. Black's voice pulled me out from the deep ocean of thoughts drowning me in.

Blinking, I gave a quick look to toward the gargantuan conference hall's door where I spent eccentric yet solacing moments with him.

"I wanted to talk about work." I stated it like framing a question.

What is happening to me?

No ask, where are we heading?

"You wanted to meet Majesty Right?" Mr. Black asked; how it felt like he is answering my nonverbal query.

Or perhaps, you quite loudly telecasted your special uncoordinated talent of tongue and brain.

Shrugging off the embarrassment part, I nodded affirmative.

"So that's where we are taking you." Dr. Baron stated with his charming smile.

So we crossed the gigantic hall and sitting area and were almost on the other corner of the floor. The beauty remain to shock me with every step, the furniture set up in such a way that it only arise the desire to just forget the world and keeping gawking at the supreme structure.

The hall ended with the same sapphire tinted glass wall, Dr. Baron who still had his hand clasping mine, halted in front of the glass while Mr. Black opened the glass door which revealed itself when he did some trick with a remote control.

World Bank and White House... subconscious mused.

Collaboration... he has some collaboration with World Bank as well as White House. Can't you surmise this much with such dramatic use of security? I got the answer and my desire to strangling my own subconscious went more fervent.

Once the door revealed itself and opened obediently for us to pass, I saw a series of small pots beside, small green plants standing hale and healthy waiting to receive praise and poetic honor for their beauty.

But what I gave them?

Strange look with a questionable gaze shooting accusation-ory daggers from eyes.

Interested to know, look...

How they are hale and healthy proudly smiling with fresh leaves waving at us in greetings when there is no sunlight to provide them food through photosynthesis.

Why you took law when you could be a brilliant botanist?

Well, I was good in science in school but then—

Okay. No need to exaggerate.

"Some plants can make food without sunlight. These are the descendant of that family." I received a response around me but then when did I asked?

Plants without sunlight? When did they exist?

You're a botanist? No...

Then shut you hanging mouth.

"Let's go. This way Bambi." Dr. Baron ushered me out from the glass wall and we were standing in front of another 'gold glass' metal elevator which had its royal look with decency.

He really is a royalty. His building, employees, land, architecture, furniture even plants, they all sing their glory tale in his honor.

"Why do you call her Bambi, Doctor?" I heard Mr. Black asking, curiosity coated in his words with genuine amusement.

Hearing his words, two different emotions or reactions exploded in the environment, one a delighted amused chuckle and other a pure heated blush. I don't think further explanations needed.

I raised my pink face to witness an amused glow of sheer curiosity on Mr. Black's face whereas Dr. Baron shook his head with a smile. Turning to me, he gave an admirable, affectionate smile before placing his hand on my head in an elderly manner, like a father pats his daughter's head.

I don't know why but this simple gesture raised knotted bile in my throat. Tears fidgeted to prick; my eyes were on edge to shimmer glossy.

With a mammoth effort, I composed myself.

"She is our Little Fawn learning her ways to be our Queen." He announced with sheer confidence and again I felt a raw wave of energy emitting from him, rushing inside me.

"Meaning?" this was me who asked him completely perplexed.

"Tiara gave her this name once Jerry told her about Niera's etiquette. So she announced her Bambi and I too find this title more appropriate on our adventure queen, so started calling her Bambi." He elaborated with a mirthful smile, patting my head.

Completely disregarding my quizzical query.

Hearing this Mr. Black chuckled too joining Doctor.

I found their laughter amazing and heartwarming. It felt good to hear them laugh carefree even on my expense. Thou, I should have turned beetroot plant by now which I was heading toward but I find myself falling in a boat of happiness and joy being sailing with them.

a) You're crazy.

b) You're comfortable with them.

c) They are nice people who keep your nervous wreck nature at bay.

d) You have to deal with furious Valentine so brace yourself.

Subconscious you had to burst the bubble.

It's my take baby.

"Shall I ca—um—never mind Miss. William." Mr. Black hesitated before taking the control of his wheelchair and created a distance. I felt hesitance and pain in his voice.

The atmosphere turned unnerving, it wasn't my internal turmoil but it was my surrounding.

Perhaps, I'm hallucinating.

"Of course! You can call me Bambi or Niera, I won't mind Mr. Black." I offered; taking a leap of confidence, I knew his unsaid words and I was happy to oblige to his wish. This changed air was making it difficult for me focus.

With an unsure look to Dr. Baron I took a step toward Mr. Black. He gave me a nod for approval with a smile. Encouraged with his nod, I placed my palm on his shoulder which resulted in my gasp. He too flinched with my touch but I was too occupied to notice.

His touch was cold, even after layers of clothes he wore; I could still feel the chilling aura rising from his skin.

But this wasn't what made me gape; it was what I felt with the touch, like a pool of raw rich emotions drenching me, drowning me inside.

A harsh wave of emotion crashing over me with severe intensity.

I shuddered at the intensity of those conflicting emotions swirling inside with a rush.

With a jerk, our connection with him was broken as Dr. Baron pulled me to him with a soft tug on my intertwined hands.

Like coming out of a trance, I blinked to regain my composure as my vision was hindered for some unknown tears streaming out of my eyes while my body drenched in cold sweat.

What just happened?

Why I felt such rich pure emotions swirling inside me?

Was it real or my bewitching gibberish imagination?

My mind and conscience posting a never-ending list of questions on me questioning my sanity but I was swapping rationality with experience.

My battle ground was swallowed by a soft whisper of apology.

It was Mr. Black who was chanting anxiously, "I'm so sorry. Goddess, what I just did. Is she fine Doctor? Alpha will—" he was blithering but not much made any sense to me.

"Bambi, you okay?" Dr. Baron's concerned voice cooed in my ears.

I nodded; when my vision finally went lucid before my eyes went to a very perturbed Mr. Black whose eyes held guilt?

Why he is guilty? Upset?

Because M. S. Dhoni quit as Team India Captain...

Idiot, how you'll know without croaking out it loud. Sanity snapped in vexation.

"Why are you so panicked and sad?" I directed my question to Mr. Black while Dr. Baron checked my pulse.

"Nothing, I was—I just saw you standing dumbfound, lost in trance. That's why. Are you all right?" he gave me an explanation. However, I wasn't convinced.

"Yes. I'm. I was just—I don't know, maybe blood pressure hiked or dropped. Perhaps." I provided with a convincing frown and a shrug.

Ah... Um... sweet cheek! I think you should let doctor decide that. What say?

I felt a strong urge to face palm myself for being such an imprudent speaker at the worst times. Reality and irony of the situation crashed over me like an iron rod.

I gave a harsh bit to my inner lip before glancing at Dr. Baron who gave me a look of sheer amusement while Mr. Black chose to flush his anxiety and stretched a smile.

I flushed crimson.

"You're fine. No blood pressure fluctuation, Doc. Bambi." Charming Doctor said with a smile.

Charming doctor? When did you named him?

Just now.

"We should get going, are you all right Miss. William. You can take rest if you aren't feeling fine." Mr. Black stated concerned.

"Bambi or Niera." I replied which earned me blank look from him.

"Either call me Niera or Bambi, your call." I enunciated. When he tried to argue, he lost the argument with 2:1 and defeated he smiled settling on both.

I shrugged with a proud smirk which lightened the atmosphere.

Strangely, the thick air of vexation and unnerving layer dusted out, I found the air lightening and temperature subtle.

"Let's get going." I announced with a smile.

"Someone's restive." Doctor Charming commented.

And a stupid blush crawled on my neck, the reason, this stupid tint didn't utter.

We didn't need to wait for the lift to arrive. Doctor pressed the call button and Golden glass doors opened from mid.

The box made me lost in wonders outside as well as inside. It was larger, lavishing and royal from any other elevator I used in this building. And it wasn't the usual dinging lift but plain silent lift gigantic room with golden glass polished walls all around.

Then an interesting question popped in my mind, interesting and valid.

"Why the lift I used had only the keys to 29th floor and not to the top floor?"

"Because all the six set of lifts have the same key panel of twenty nine floor apart from this one." I was answered by Mr. Black in his professional tone.

"Why this one only?" I should have shut my over enthusiastic mouth but mind was helpless, thirsty for some answers.

"Because this one, Majesty uses personally and the people with exception he allows. The other lift doesn't have the key to top floor because no one has the permission to enter on these two floors, especially the top floor."

"No one pass the sapphire glass wall apart from an approved list of personnel's by Majesty." He added further.

The words brought back the shreds of my conversations with Jerry and Mr. Black from last night.

Of course! That means this elevator service is used by Him and the people he permits.

"Right."

"But he didn't allow me to." I was panicked by now.

What if he throws me out or worst cancel this arrangement or...

You should listen to them, dumbo.

Though, my company didn't find it compulsory to answer me but heading ahead. I entered the magnificent elevator in sheer bafflement, my thoughts shrieking inside my mind.

The doors collided in mid with such a smooth grace, it made me ponder further.

The lift accelerated, so does my heartbeat rate bouncing with an undefined naïve rush of emotion swirling inside. Whether it was fear, anxiety, hyperventilation or unnatural excitement. I was lost for words to define it but a part of me evaluated it as a strong one, a strong pull.

Breathing the available air from the atmosphere, I tried to compose my raging shattering bounds which were falling under this mad rush of emotions but unfortunately, this chase was far wild to be tamed.

The door opened in front of me, announcing my arrival. A strong gust of wind reached me, caressing my skin, goose bumps rose in attention and I knew this wind came from him, cradling his touch.

Niera, don't meander in restricted region.

My eyes took a glimpse outside and I knew,

Insane enough but I knew a have a much interesting mystery to unfold on Mr. Majesty's floor... 

***

April 16, 2017

Another update, surprised? Me too...

Sometimes, I am unpredictable.

I hope you enjoyed this surprising update.

Niera is about to enter the restricted area for normal employees but then she isn't normal. What will happen in next chapter when she'll meet Mr. Majesty and probably the 'the guest with Grey Sky'. Any guesses?

Is there any mystery going to unfold?

Would love to hear from you.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share. It'll be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Neelam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 9.2K 39
Sugar McKenzie and August Wakefield couldn't be more different - Sugar, a meticulous, caring, but lonely paramedic and August, a charming former real...
38.3K 3.1K 65
Iris Gomez, 30, thought she had it all: a great career, friends, family, and a fiance that she would marry in two months. However, everything crashes...
145K 6.3K 58
Book 1 of The Secrets of Spiritwood - Complete Carter Jones had spent her entire life in Spiritwood, until the day her father finds himself in hot wa...
17.5K 1.2K 49
{WATTYS 2023 WINNER} • Book 1 of the Daegelus series • While hunting for his missing friend, Elijah stumbles upon a fiery journalist, who so happens...