Summer with the Queen

By Timed123

Meet Reagan a normal seventeen year old girl from Australia. she has an older brother Macaulay who's nineteen... More

Summer with the Queen/authors note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Final
Sequel Info

Chapter 24

333 9 0
By Timed123

It was mid morning before the family left to go to the other side of England to stay with Aunt Ethel and visit John and Ruby.

We arrived at Aunt Ethel’s house and were greeted by the staff that took our bags and put them in our rooms we said our thanks before heading towards the sitting room where Aunt Ethel was.

Walking into the sitting room we were not only greeted by Aunt Ethel, John, Ruby, Chelsea and the newest addition Hamish were all sitting in the room quietly talking as Hamish was asleep in Ruby’s arms.

Little Chelsea looked up from her toys on the floor and spotted Macaulay and ran straight over to him and jumping in his arms, which got a chuckle from the rest of the family.

 I walked over and sat next to Ruby who placed little Hamish in my arms for a cuddle, Hamish was 2 weeks old as Ruby went into labour a couple of days after the Gala we knew we were visiting soon so we decided to wait and not be a burden on them until now.

“He is adorable he looks a lot like you though Rubs, sorry John but its true” I said.

“I know he does, Chelsea looks a lot like John and Hamish got my looks” Ruby said smiling at her son in my arms.

I gave Hamish back to Ruby when he started to stir knowing that he was due for a nappy change and went and greeted the rest of the family by giving hugs and kisses.

It was mid afternoon when John, Ruby and the kids left as it was getting close to Chelsea’s dinner time we said our goodbyes and that we would visit them tomorrow at their house.

After they left I headed towards the room where I was staying taking my time looking at the family pictures that aligned the walls and all the memories that each of the pictures held. I got to the room eventually to freshen up ready for dinner.

I changed into a simple grey floral dress with a dark grey cardigan and a simple pair of flats; I braided my hair in a loose pony tail before heading out to the dining room.

Once seated in the dining room one of Aunt Ethel’s servants brought out dinner and placed it on the table and then soon left, we all got some food before starting to eat. The odd conversation came up but the table stayed pretty quiet the rest of the meal.

The family finished dinner and headed into the sitting room for tea and coffee before going to bed. I wasn’t feeling well after dinner so I decided to excuse myself and go to bed early.

I walked up to the room and went in search for my kit. I no sooner sat on the bed when there was a knock on the door.

“Come in its open” I said to the person on the other side.

The door opened and mum came in and sat next to me on the bed.

“Are you feeling alright, you looked pale at dinner” mum said concerned.

“I'm not sure to be honest, can you check my levels please?” I asked mum feeling weak.

As mum was about to get my kit from the bed I felt myself becoming more and more drowsy before I knew it I was slipping away into darkness.

 Macaulay POV

The night was going well; we had all finished eating dinner and were quietly chatting at the table before we decided to head to the sitting room. Dad, Aunt Ethel, mum, and I were all sitting and chatting, when Reagan said that she wasn’t feeling well and that she was going to go to bed. We said good night to her as she walked off towards her room.

It wasn’t long before mum got up and decided to check on Reagan as she wasn’t looking well at dinner and hardly touched her food.

It was well over 10 minutes when we heard mum yelling out frantically for one of us to call an ambulance.  Aunt Ethel quickly got up and grabbed the phone calling for an ambulance while dad and I went to see what happened.

We reached Reagan’s room and saw that mum had put her in the recovery position.

“What happened mum? Is she going to be okay?” I asked frantic as I had never seen this happen before.

“We were talking and she asked me to check her levels, I no sooner turned around and Reagan was lying on the floor unconscious, so I yelled out and then quickly put her in the recovery position” mum said worried.

Aunt Ethel entered the room still on the phone to 000 and started giving directions to mum. I could hear sirens and quickly ran out of the room and headed to the front to show the ambulance where we were.

The ambulance pulled up and two officers quickly got out of the ambulance grabbing their gear and rushed into the house following me.

We got to the room and the officers began treating Reagan.

One of the officers had asked me to grab the gurney from the ambulance. I rushed outside and grabbed the gurney that was all ready to take in and rushed back into the house.

The ambulance officers had administered 1 mg of glucagon before getting Reagan on the gurney and taking her out to the ambulance to take her to the nearest hospital.

Mum had gone with Reagan while dad and myself followed behind, Aunt Ethel had stayed back to call Grandmother and Grandfather and tell them what was going on.

We arrived at the hospital 5minutes later and went in; we went to the front reception and asked if Reagan was being treated, the lady at the reception said that she was and that we were to wait in the waiting room until the doctor came out.

Dad and I went and sat on the uncomfortable chairs while we waited for news on Reagan.

I must have dozed off because the next thing I know was dad was nudging me awake saying that Reagan was doing fine and we could see her briefly.

We walked along the corridor and into Reagan’s room; mum was sitting next to her in the chair looking at a sleeping Reagan.

Mum looked up and smiled weakly before standing up and walking over to us.

“What happened?” was all I could get out.

“The doctor said that she had hypoglycaemia and was lucky that help arrived when it did or else it could have been worse” mum said seriously.

“What caused the hypoglycaemia?” dad asked this time looking at his daughter lying in the hospital bed briefly before looking back at mum.

“For starters her blood glucose levels were very low, and with her exercising she hasn’t reduced her insulin take and she may have missed a meal or snack recently” mum simply said.

“I noticed she wasn’t herself this afternoon but I didn’t pay much attention” I said guilty.

“Its okay sweetie we weren’t to know that this was going to happen, Aunt Ethel will be here shortly to come and get you, and you need your rest” mum said looking at me sternly.

“But mum I want to stay and make sure she is okay” I said annoyed.

“Macaulay listen to your mother, I know you want to stay but your mother and I will be here and we will call if anything happens, we need you to get a bag of clothes for your sister, trust me she will be fine honest” dad said to me.

Aunt Ethel arrived and I quickly went and gave Reagan a kiss on the forehead before leaving with Aunt Ethel and heading back to her house,

 When we got back to the house I walked in and headed straight to Reagan’s room to grab her clothes and putting them in a before putting the bag by the door and headed to bed.

I lied in bed for a while thinking about what happened earlier and if Reagan will wake up in the morning.

------End of POV-----

-----------------------------

please don't forget to:

vote

comment

share

follow me

please

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141 6 14
sire is now 15 starting her freshman year. her love for her parents and books still exists with her brother Winslow. Will she fit into the kingdom...
20 0 22
when Reagan goes to Rhode Island fo the summer with her best friend Paige, the only thing on her mind is her boyfriend Nat. That is until Sam comes i...
269K 4.9K 96
***Sequel to Summer in Scotland (Prince Harry #1)*** After spending the summer in Scotland and a summer with a certain prince, Meredith returns to he...
6.8K 110 21
When Hailey Bennett goes to England the summer she is 18 she never thought she would find love. When she was younger this was what she wanted, but no...