No Payne, No Gain

By Urb4nEden

“Promise you’ll never forget me?” I begged, my vision blurry with tears. “I promise.” Kate Robinson and Liam... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 - Part 1
Chapter 10 - Part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 8

57.4K 437 53
By Urb4nEden

Chapter 8

The next day, I had another day of learning. I didn’t really know what to call it… School? It wasn’t school though… Whatever.

I was going to meet Ellie outside the music room, because we were working together.

I had printed off the lyrics and notes for More Than This, ready for practice and was flicking through them and then stuffing them into my bag.

Suddenly, I crashed into someone. I had a sense on déjà vu as I fell to the ground on top of the person I knocked into. Just like Liam.

“Oh God, I’m so sorry.” I said, just like I had with Liam.

The only thing with the scenario was that it wasn’t Liam. I was a guy though.

I blushed and scrambled off him and reached out my hand to help him up. He grabbed it and pulled himself up.

“Sorry.” He said, smiling. He had a nice smile. “I’m Matthew Hudson. Call me Matt though.”

I studied his face. He was handsome, with blond, floppy hair. Well, he wasn’t as handsome as Liam though, of course he wasn’t.

“Hudson? Is Mr Hudson your dad or something?” I asked, realising that they both had the same surname.

“Or Something. I’m his brother.” He replied.

That made sense. “Oh, cool.”

He grinned. “So do you have a name?”

“Oh yeah, Kate. Kate Robinson.” I smiled, sticking out my hand.

“I know.” He smirked, shaking my hand.

“What? How?”

“I’m in your music class.”

“Oh, I didn’t realise.”

“Don’t worry about it. Want to walk to class together?”

“Yeah sure.”

“So you play guitar?” He asked, motioning towards my guitar slung over my shoulder.

“Yeah.” I didn’t mention that I sung, because I knew I would always have to show people.

He smiled. “Cool, I sing.”

I raised my eyebrows.

“Didn’t think I was the type to sing?”

“What? Oh, not really.”

We chatted about nothing in particular until we reached the music room. Ellie stood waiting, when she saw us her eyes widened. I waved.

When she didn’t wave back, I turned to Matt. “There’s Ellie. I should probably go…”

“Oh yeah sure. See you later?”

I nodded, and watched him walk over to his group of friends. I couldn’t understand how I never noticed him before.

Ellie pulled my arm sharply. “Oh My God! That was Matthew Hudson!”

“Uh, yeah…?” I said, confused.

“He’s popular, fit and talented! And he spoke to you! How come all the fit, popular, talented guys talk to you?!” She said, in a rush.

“Uh, I don’t know…” I said.

“Well, of course you do. You’re stunning. Of course they will talk to you.” She grumbled, slumping her shoulders.

I shook my head, vigorously. “What? No I’m not… And besides you’re pretty too!”

“No, not really… Anyway, what did you talk about and how did you meet? Tell. Me. E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.” She said, linking her arm with mine as we walked into the classroom.

I told her the story, as we walked to the back of the room. Only pausing to giggle when Matt winked at me. It was only when I sat down, I realised that Liam was absent again. I didn’t care.

“So Guys. Today we are working in the studios, so please follow me. Quietly.” Mr Hudson said, turning towards the door.

Excitement spread through the class and everyone got up and followed him out of the room.

“What are the studios?” I whispered to Ellie as we got up.

“They are rooms that people practice in.” She said, excitedly. “They are so cool! They’re sound-proofed and everything!”

“Cool. How many are there?” I asked.

“Loads! We get one for each pair!” She answered, as we reached a long corridor with loads of door leading off it. 

“Okay. Line up!” Mr Hudson shouted, trying to tame his class. We all lined up, eager to get started.

Me and Ellie stood at the back of the line, so eventually, when we reached the front, our impatience was worn thin.

Mr Hudson handed me a key. “Number Twelve. You know where you’re going?”

Ellie nodded and dragged me down the hall, I just followed along unsure of what was going on. She stopped in front of a door, with 12 painted in red letters.

She unlocked the door and pulled me inside. The room was quite small with two windows next to the door and a piano in the corner. She sat down on the piano stool and waited for me to sit down.

I pulled off my guitar case and unzipped it, taking out my guitar carefully. Then I sat down, rummaging in my bag for the lyrics and notes. When I finally got them I handed the note sheets to Ellie, who sat waiting expectantly, and put the lyric sheets, with notes too, on a stand.

“I changed all the ‘he’s to ‘she’s and ‘his’s to ‘her’s.” I said.

“Cool, it works better for your situation.” Ellie said, nodding in understanding.

My situation? Did she know that I still had feelings for Liam?

“My Situation?” I asked, quickly.

Ellie grinned. “Well, you’re not planning on singing this to a girl are you?”

“Okay. Shall we start?” I said, strumming my guitar. Still confused about what she meant.

“Sure.” She said, nodding at me to start.

I started to play the intro and got ready to sing. I started to panic when I remembered it was Liam’s bit, but calmed in time to start.

I’m broken, do you hear me?

I’m blinded, ‘cause you are everything I see

I’m dancing alone, I’m praying

That your heart will just turn around

And as I walk up to your door

My head turns to face the floor

‘Cause I can’t look you in the eyes and say

Ellie joined in, playing beautifully on the piano.

When she opens her arms and holds you close tonight

It just won’t feel right

‘Cause I can love you more than this, yeah

When she lays you down

I might just die inside

It just don’t feel right

‘Cause I can love you more than this,

Can love you more than this

As I sang I thought about Liam and how the song rally related to our situation, just as Ellie had said. Even though she didn’t know.

I’ve never had the words to say

But now I’m asking you to stay

For a little while inside my arms

And as you close your eyes tonight

I pray that you will see the light

That’s shining from the stars above

I felt tears well up in my eyes. This song just made me think of my messed up relationship with Liam.

When she lays you down

I might just die inside

It just don’t feel right

‘Cause I can love you more than this, yeah

When she opens her arms and holds you close tonight

It just won’t feel right

‘Cause I can love you more than this

When she lays you down

I might just die inside

It just don’t feel right

‘Cause I can love you more than this

Can love you more than this

As I finished off the song a teardrop fell on my guitar and I realised I was crying. I looked up at Ellie whose expression was a mix between amazement and happiness.

“Wow.” She breathed. “That was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!”

She jumped up and pulled me into a bone-crushing hug.

“Can’t breathe.” I mumbled.

She giggled and let go, smiling apologetically. “Sorry, but seriously though that was amazing!”

“Thanks.” I said blushing. Suddenly, I realised I was bursting for the loo. “I need the toilet. Where is it?”

“Uh, down the way we came and to the left.”

I pushed open the door. “Thanks, I’ll be back.”

I walked down the corridor and turned left. Liam was walking in my direction, looking confused. When he saw me a huge smile stretched over his perfect face.

“Hey Kate!”

“Hi.”

“Where is our class?”

He was late again. “In the studios.” My voice sounded surprisingly calm, considering butterflies had exploded in my stomach.

“Thanks. Where are you going?”

I blushed. What was so embarrassing about going to the toilet? I didn’t know but it defiantly was. “Uh, I’m going to the toilet.”

Liam laughed. I looked up and smiled, still embarrassed.

“See you later then.” He said, smiling.

“Yeah.” I said, as he waked off, looking at retreating figure. Ahh, he had a nice bum. God, no! I turned quickly and almost ran to the toilets, trying to think about something else. But I failed.

All I could think of was Liam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! I uploaded again! Yay me!

I have three things to say:

1) This Chapter is dedicated to one of my amazing fans Foreever_young :) Not only does she comment alot and vote on every chapter, her comments are also funny and never fail to make me smile :) And, she even sent a message to all her fans telling them to check me out :)

2) Check out the video at the side, It is my FAVORITE interview with the boys.. It is helarious and they sing so beautifully and it is absolutly (can't spell) AMAZAYN, FABULOUIS, BRILLIAM, EXTRODINHARRY AND PHENOMENIALL!!! Watch it!!! 

3) For the next chapter, I will need:

2 new fans

6 Votes

2 Comments

So VOTE, COMMENT AND FAN ME!

Sorry, Peeps, I know you can do it though :) And it might take a while 'cause I'm going to CHINA!! Yayayaayayyaayayayayayayayy

Actually I have a fourth thing too.

4) SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES :(

And a fifth one...

5) This book is now Fan Fiction #764 Can we get it higher? Love youuuu.

Love you and thanks for reading,

Eden xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 232 11
Rachel Collins moved to Wolverhampton in grade nine. She didn't know anybody. That was until she met Liam Payne. They became best friends almost inst...
77 1 8
What happens when 2 teenage heartthrobs from ONE DIRECTION & SPRING SIMMERS finds out they have feelings for each other? Will they be the same forev...
6.2K 108 25
Olivia has branded herself eternally single and average. When she goes to a night club, she never expects to meet someone. She never expects to meet...
164K 1.1K 54
6 amazing years together and 3 long years apart. Can their love find a way back to each other?