The Distance Between Us [Comp...

By lovestorieswriter

When Violet Brown gets the opportunity to interview an F1 driver in Abu Dhabi, she doesn't have to think twic... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N - IMPORTANT!!!
Chapter 9
A/N - IMPORTANT! (again)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35

Chapter 34

5K 88 24
By lovestorieswriter

"So what are you saying?"

"Quit your job."

"What?!" I exclaim in shock. He didn't just say that. He can't be serious.

"Quit your job and travel with me. Be with me. Give us a chance, please."

I stare at Daniel in shock. He can't be serious, can he? He can't actually want me to quit my job, right? However, the look on his face shows nothing but seriousness.

"You're not kidding?"

"No, I'm not. I want to be with you, all the time. I don't want you to have to work all the time. I can provide for you, I can take care of you."

"I don't want to quit my job!"

"Why not?"

"Because it's what I love to do! Besides, I need some security."

"Security? For what?"

"For when things end between us."

"You think we'll break up?" Daniel asks, surprise on his face.

"No, but you never know what can happen."

"I know that that won't ever happen."

"How? How can you be so sure?" I ask him as I don't know myself. I need assurance, I need to know this is the right thing to do. For us, but for me as well.

"I just know! I feel it when I'm with you."

"I can't just quit my job because you feel like we're meant to be!"

"What? Why not?"

"Because like I said, I need security. And even though I know I want to be with you, you never know what life throws at you."

"So what does that mean?"

"It means that I need some time to think," I say as I start walking out of Daniel's room.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna go to the front desk to ask if there is an empty room for tonight."

"Don't do this Vi," Daniel pleads as he takes my hand.

"I have to, I just need some time," I say before walking out of the hotel room. I go downstairs and luckily, there is a room available. I do have to get my stuff out of Daniel's room, but to my luck, he's in the shower when I come to get them. I quickly take my stuff before going over to my room, which is only a few doors down. As soon as I sit down on my bed, I call Joelle. I need some advice, asap.

"Hey, what's up?" Joelle says once she picks up.

"I need some advice."

"What is it?"

"Daniel asked me to quit my job."

"Wow, that's a big deal!" Joelle says, not sounding that shocked or amazed.

"It's crazy!"

"What? Why?" Joelle asks, sounding genuinely confused.

"Because if I quit my job, I'll have nothing! He says he'll take care of me, but what happens if Daniel and I break up?"

"What makes you think you two will break up?"

"Nothing, but you never know what happens. Life can be crazy sometimes."

"You didn't say this to Daniel, did you?"

"Yeah, I did. Why?"

"Idiot!" Joelle exclaims, confusing me.

"What?"

"You just told your boyfriend of not even a week that you think you might break up someday. Not really a good start to your relationship."

"Oh my gosh, you're so right!"

"What did you do afterwards?"

"I told him I needed time to think and I got a room for the night."

"You really are an idiot!"

"I know, I know. But I just panicked. What do I do now?"

"Go back, talk to him."

"But what do I say?"

"What do you want to say?" Joelle asks, which is a very good question. What do I want?

"I don't know."

"Do you want to be with Daniel?"

"Yes! More than anything."

"Do you think there's a future for the two of you?"

"I hope so."

"Do you want a future?"

"Yes, I do."

"Well, then it's pretty easy."

"It is?" I ask, still not sure what to say.

"Yeah. Quit your job and go with Daniel."

"Really? You think that's a good idea?"

"Well, I mean, you want to be with him. So yeah, I think so."

"So now what?"

"Now you get your ass back to Daniel, tell him you want to be with him forever and then you go get some," Joelle says, making me blush as I chuckle at her words.

"Okay, okay!"

"Alright, have fun! Bye!" Joelle says before hanging up. I chuckle and put my phone away. I walk to my suitcase and take out the best, most sexy looking outfit I brought with me. It's not too crazy, a little casual, but it'll get the job done. I quickly change into it before putting on some make up and doing my hair. I look in the mirror, satisfied with how I look. Let's go surprise Daniel!

For some reason, I feel nervous as I'm standing in front Daniel's hotel room door. There's no reason to be nervous, it's just Daniel! I take a deep breath before knocking on his door. It takes a little while before the door opens, which makes me worried that I might've woken him up.

"Vi?" Daniel asks surprised when he opens the door. I see his eyes glance down and smile slightly.

"Hey Dan, can we talk?"

"Sure that's all you wanna do?"

"Dan!"

"Sorry, sorry. Come on in. What do you wanna talk about?"

"Us, actually," I say as I walk into Daniel's room. He closes the door behind me and sits down next to me on the bed.

"What about us?"

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier! It came out wrong and I know what it must've sounded like. It wasn't what I meant."

"What did you mean then? "

"I want to be with you, more than anything. I have no doubt in my mind that we'll spend the rest of our lives together."

"Then why did you say all those things?"

"Because I'm scared."

"Of what?"

"Of losing you, of losing this. I'm an idiot, I know. Jo just told me, twice actually."

"You're not an idiot, it makes sense. After all this time, we're finally together. It has taken so much to get here, it is unlikely that it'll get any easier from now on. But I know that no matter what we have to face, we'll get through it, together. We're stronger together. I need you with me, always. You make me a better person, Vi. That's why I asked you to quit. I just need you, simple as that. I know it's selfish and I know I shouldn't ask you to do something like this, but now that I know what it's like to have you with me, I don't want to be without you anymore," Daniel tells me as he holds my hands tightly in his.

"I love you too Daniel."

"So, what does this mean?"

"It means that I'm gonna call Dylan tomorrow and tell him that I quit."

"Really?" Daniel asks, surprise clear in his voice.

"Yes, really. I want to be with you too Dan and I don't want anything to stand in the way of that. We've had enough trouble getting here, let's not make it any harder."

"I love you so much Vi," Daniel says before kissing me softly.

"I love you too Dan," I say before Daniel kisses me again. This time, not as softly. As the kiss gets more heated, Daniel pulls me on top of his lap. His hands explore my curves as mine find their way to the back of his neck and into this hear, where I tug lightly, making Daniel groan.

"Let's see what you're hiding under that nice outfit," he smirks, making me smile. This is gonna be a long night.

One more chapter after this :o What do you want to happen in that chapter? Let me know your ideas in the comments! Also, what did you think of this chapter? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to vote for this chapter!

Love you all

Evy
Instagram: readracewrite

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.9K 2K 38
When the love of his life crashes at a Formula One race, Charles rushes to the hospital only to have to wait for a couple of days and nights for her...
8.1K 220 13
Pierre has always had feelings for Yuki, but he doesn't know what those feelings are. He tries to convince himself he doesn't like Yuki as more than...
418K 7.2K 62
Ophélie, or Ophelia as everyone outside of Monaco calls her, has been best friends with Charles Leclerc since they were in nappies. When Charles admi...
132K 3.8K 47
Sara, an enthusiastic badminton player, was forced to quit at the age of 21 after trying to be the best for years. A returning injury kept her from s...