The Distance Between Us [Comp...

By lovestorieswriter

When Violet Brown gets the opportunity to interview an F1 driver in Abu Dhabi, she doesn't have to think twic... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N - IMPORTANT!!!
Chapter 9
A/N - IMPORTANT! (again)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 33

5.5K 94 19
By lovestorieswriter

Ahh, race day. The most exciting day of the racing weekend. Well, usually at least. So far, the race hasn't been very interesting for Daniel. He's currently 4th and I have a feeling that's where he'll end up in the final standings. But I can't just focus on Daniel, I also have to look at the other drivers and what's going on as I do have to write a race report for Dylan.

I'm currently sitting in the press area, which kind of sucks because I would've loved to be in the Red Bull garage again. Now I have to wait until Daniel is done with all his interviews before I can see him.

As I expected, Daniel crossed the finish line in 4th place, behind Nico, Kimi and Lewis. I save all the notes I made during the race and start making my way to Daniel's room. I don't know when he'll be back, but at least I'll be there when he does. And it'll give me a quiet place to write out the race report.

"I thought I'd find you here," I hear Daniel say, making me look up.

"Hey, are you done?" I ask as I close my laptop. I only got a little part of the report done, but I'll finish it once we get back to the hotel.

"Yeah, thankfully. Let's get out of here."

"Alright," I say as I get up. Daniel changes out of his racing suit as I pack up my things. I try not to stare at him too much as he's walking around without a shirt. Which is pretty hard, I'll be honest.

"Are you ready?" Daniel asks, making me look up. At his face this time.

"Yeah, I am."

"Great, let's get out of here," Daniel says as he takes my hand. I follow him through the paddock to his car.

"Are you going to the after party tonight?" I ask as we're driving back to the hotel.

"I don't know, do you want to?"

"Sure, I mean, if you want to. I just want to spend my night with you, doesn't matter where that is," Daniel says, making smile.

"Let's go for a little while and then we'll go back to our room, okay?"

"Sounds good to me."

The party is already in full swing by the time we get there. A bunch of drivers are already there and the music is playing loudly.

"Do you want something to drink?" Daniel asks me and I nod.

"Just get me whatever."

"Okay, I'll be right back," Daniel says before walking to the bar. I look around until I spot Max, who's talking to some people I'd seen around his garage. Probably his team. As he's basically the only person I know except for Daniel, I make my way over to him.

"Hey," I greet Max as I reach him, making him look up.

"Hey Violet! How are you? I didn't know you came to the race!"

"I'm good, thank you. How are you? Finishing 6th is not bad!"

"I'm good, pretty happy with the result. But tell me, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I asked my boss if I could get a new job and I got it! I write the race reports now."

"Why did you want a new job?" Max asks confused.

"Because she just couldn't resist being with me," Daniel says as he wraps his arm around my shoulder. I didn't even realize he walked up to us.

"So you two are together now?" Max asks as Daniel hands me my drink.

"Yes, we are. Officially a couple," Daniel says, making me smile.

"I'm happy for you, you two are great together!"

"Thank you Max," I say, smiling at him.

"Excuse me, but I'd really like to dance with my girlfriend. I'll see you later," Daniel says to Max before dragging me to the dancefloor.

"This brings back memories," I chuckle as I start dancing with Daniel.

"Yeah, it does. And you know what the best part is? We don't have to worry about anything. We can just stay here as long as we want, do whatever we want and just enjoy ourselves."

"Well, not really."

"What? What do you mean?"

"I have to finish the race report before tomorrow morning."

"You didn't finish that yet?"

"No, I didn't have time to finish it all! After we got back, there was dinner and then we had to get ready. I did something, but it's not done yet."

"So after the party, you're gonna work?" Daniel asks as he takes a step back.

"Just for a little while, I'm almost done, I promise. After that, I'll be all yours."

"Why didn't you finish the report earlier? All I wanted was to spend time with you, my girlfriend. I've been waiting so long for that and now I have to wait longer because you have to finish something for your job?"

"I'm sorry, okay? I thought I'd be able to finish it before we left, but I couldn't. It has to be done by tomorrow morning, otherwise Dylan is gonna be really mad. It's the first report, I can't hand it in late," I try to explain, but Daniel doesn't want to hear it.

"So you care about how Dylan will react, but you don't care about how I'll feel?"

"Of course I care!" I say, but Daniel just shakes his head and walks out of the party. I quickly follow him, but as I'm wearing heels, that's a lot harder than expect. By the time we get back to the hotel, I've finally caught up with him.

"Daniel, please!"

"I don't want to hear it Vi, you choose your job over me, again. After everything that has happened between us!"

"That's not true!" I exclaim as we reach our room. Daniel opens the door and we go inside. I'm just happy he let me come inside as well.

"It is and you know it! When I asked you to come with me after Australia, you said you couldn't because of your job. Now you've changed your job so you could come with me, but you don't have time for me because you have to finish your report!"

"I have time for you! Ever since I got here, I've been spending time with you! Now I just have to finish this report, that's all I have to do and you're getting mad at me? I could've already finished it before we left, but we had to go to dinner with your team and then we had to get ready."

"Are you blaming me now?"

"No, I'm not blaming anyone! I'm just stating the truth."

"Well the truth is that this isn't the way it's supposed to be!" Daniel exclaims and I'm taken back by the tone of his voice.

"The way what is supposed to be?"

"This, us. We were supposed to be happy, in love, on cloud nine. This is supposed to be the honeymoon faze. But we're fighting, already!"

"We've known each other for years, becoming a couple wasn't gonna change anything, it just meant that we're more than friends, that we do different stuff. But the way things were between us didn't suddenly change!"

"All that I wanted was for us to be together, happy. We've been waiting so long for that. But I just feel like there's still this distance between us. Not a physical one, a mental one. Something is standing in the way of our happiness."

"What are you talking about?"

"It's your job."

"What?!" I exclaim confused.

"Your job, it's what's stopping us from being happy."

"You're talking nonsense right now. Why would my job be standing in the way of our happiness?"

"Don't you see it? It's what prevented you to come with me in the first place, it's what's causing us to fight right now. Who knows what else it'll cause?" Daniel says and I can't believe what I'm hearing. Where did he come up with this? Is he drunk or something?

"My job is also the thing that brought is back in contact. If I didn't have to interview you that day, we would've never reconnected and we wouldn't even be here right now! We wouldn't even be in each other's life's!"

"That's not true, we would've found our way back to each other one way or another. We're supposed to be together Vi, I just know it. We're supposed to be happy together. And right now, your job is standing preventing that!"

"So what are you saying?"

"Quit your job."

"What?!" I exclaim in shock. He didn't just say that. He can't be serious.

"Quit your job and travel with me. Be with me. Give us a chance, please."

Oh oh... What would you do? Would you quit your job or not? Do you understand where Daniel is coming from? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!! And don't forget to vote for this chapter!

Love you all

Evy
Instagram: readracewrite

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 3.8K 47
Sara, an enthusiastic badminton player, was forced to quit at the age of 21 after trying to be the best for years. A returning injury kept her from s...
357K 7.1K 48
Lando's best friend, Alya Ricciardi, is a YouTuber and influencer with many fans all over the world. When she realizes that just traveling the world...
6.6K 129 25
As 3rd in line to the throne, Jude has decided her life as a princess isn't as important as she was taught. Instead of following up her royal duties...
29.9K 799 22
Max had never thought about love before he met Daniel. His life was solely about racing. But as he's getting to know Daniel more and more, he is star...